Old 06-27-2011, 12:42 PM   #181  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Mel - I LOVE your new avatar and your new mantra!! "Life in the SLOW lane!" Amen, sista!
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 02:42 PM   #182  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

LIFE IN THE SLOW LANE! LA LA LA LA

GLAD YOU LIKED IT MICHELLE...LOVED ALL THE NEW AVATARS HERE TOO. LOVE YOUR FLOWER FAIRY!!
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 02:58 PM   #183  
Creating a Healthier Me

Laura - How was Relay for Life and the graduation party?
Old 06-27-2011, 03:06 PM   #184  

Hey everyone.

Shad - Jeez, this assignment is something else isn't it? And the project manager sounds like a jerk. How do you restrain yourself from doing him bodily harm??!!

Happy - Sounds like a very productive weekend. Hope you have just as productive a week before you head out for your trip. Sorry you haven't been getting restful sleep - try to hit the pool in the evenings for some relaxation this week. Just floating around in the pool sounds so tranquil.

Michelle - The fest sounded fun. Glad you were able to walk more than before - progress - yay!! What are your Chicago plans?

Ceejay - Keep at it with the stamina bike!! Did you get that rocker/recliner yet?

Annie - Ooh, bet you're looking forward to having time off from both jobs all at once!! Cleaning carpets and a garage sale sound like a lot of something, but I guess you'll have time for a lot of nothing as well. Don't get into trouble now with all that time on your hands, LOL!!

Mel - Good to see you stopping in here and that your pain is getting to a lower/minimal level. What are you doing in the lobby getting lightheaded - you want to spend the whole summer in bed?!! Take it easy if you don't want to end up relapsing.

Hello Ellen!!

Well, very Monday day today. I need another weekend to recover from Friday and Saturday. I was at the Relay for Life event from just before 6 pm until 1 am. It was a nice event and a fun time. I walked a total of 5 miles, but it was waking up too early Sat. morning that made me tired! Still, I had a great time at my friend's graduation party that afternoon. A group of us ended up going to a bar for some karoake that night. It was another fun but late night, but this time I got about 7 hours of sleep.

Sunday was lazy - I pulled some weeds while I talked on the phone w/ my mom, walked the dog, and bf and I did a bit of shopping at Trader Joe's. Otherwise, I read the paper & my book and that was about it. What a gorgeous day on Sunday!!!

Tonight is finally my hair appointment. Working on something icky today, and the boss and I are meeting on another icky thing right after we hear the Blago trial verdict (Blago is our corrupt ex-governor).

Okay, gotta run. TTFN.
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 03:10 PM   #185  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Good Afternoon My Fair Ladies......oh it is Monday AGAIN...and raining...I think there is a song in there somewhere...lol

MELLIE...YAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, so glad to see you, don't over do it tho and for Pete's sake, let downstairs take care of downstairs. We need/want/miss you more than they could even think about. Hugs to you my sweet poopy sista!!

Hey there, hi there's to everyone else...it has been disasterous here for a couple of weeks...we FINALLY migrated TO Outlook FROM Lotus Notes...Shoot Shaddie you want to see a screwed I.T. department, have a looksee of this place. Nothing run correctly, everything locks up, runs as slow as turtles, or cannot even access it half the time. What a mess, I told them to hire you!! Free trip to the states and a entirely new bunch of idiots to work with.....real enticing...NOT. Anyway it takes me a half a day or more to do a 2 hour job. FRUSTRATING.

Going by dad's on way home from work then out to dinner with friends to celebrate a birthday for another. Nothing spectacular, as I am trying to watch the funds. Mostly watching them float right on out the door!!

Gotta get...

Much love and many hugs,
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 03:12 PM   #186  

Mel - Slow lane - that's more like it!!

Michelle - At the graduation party two people from my (and my friend's) HS days attended and it was interesting seeing them for the first time in 25 years! One guy was still the same bonehead I thought he was back then, and the other is still pretty much the same - nice normal guy. I had a great time, but I still haven't really recovered from lack of sleep!
Old 06-27-2011, 04:04 PM   #187  
Creating a Healthier Me

Mel - So glad to have you back. But don't you dare overdo it. Annie's right...we want/need/miss you so much when you're gone. I'm so sorry to hear that the gentleman from India is ill and this could be his last visit. I hope the pain in your side goes away without any surgery or hospitalization or procedures or anything of that sort. I'm glad to hear the infections, your skin and your eyes have all cleared up. Don't worry, Mellie, I didn't Zumba while cleaning, I just used Zumba music for motivation! DMIL is doing good, but working way too hard in the yard so she can't do fun things with us. We try to get her to stop and rest, but she says she loves working in the yard, and when she's at DH's sister, they don't really have gardens or anything to putter with.

Laura - Our friend who lives in Chicago suggested the botanical gardens which are north of downtown. But since it's supposed to be SO WARM AND MUGGY this Saturday, DH and I suggested the Museum of Science and Industry. My niece is a teacher and sort of a science/technology geek (like DH and I are), plus it's air conditioned. We'll see. I've heard that Taste of Chicago is this weekend and that it is pretty much jam packed with people (hopefully we'll be able to get to the museum okay). The good thing is that I should have my temporary handicapped parking permit by this weekend. My doctor agreed that with all the things I want to do this summer, and my limited walking ability, I don't want to waste all my walking around a parking lot. Glad you had a nice time at the Relay and the grad party. We did have gorgeous weather both days didn't we? I'm not looking forward to the hot and muggy that's heading our way. I wonder what the Blago verdict will be. Bummer that you have all that icky stuff to work on. I hope you can get caught up on your sleep.

Annie - It's raining off and on here too, but the garden needs it so I won't complain. Aww, you poor thing to convert to outlook. We use Lotus Notes, but may be switching to Google corporate email...or whatever it's called. Bummer that the conversion has slowed your productivity to a stand still. Have a great evening with dad and then with your friends!

Almost time for me to start packing up for the day!

Catch up with y'all later or tomorrow!

Love and hugs,
Old 06-27-2011, 06:58 PM   #188  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Laura
Yep, the rocker/recliner sits in my living room. It was delivered the same day.

Mel
Also love the new avatar and manta.

Annie
I hate slow computers but what I hate the most is when some one hacks the computer. I may end up buying a new laptop soon. The battery on mine doeesn't last more than 2 minutes!!!!!
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 11:11 PM   #189  
Annie - Indiana

Evening/Morning all.....

I took dad his favorite Coffee Nip candy that he loves...it is not sugar free, however we (us kids) all decided, dad doesn't have much more time with us, his heart is bad and he struggles to do just a little walking/treadmilling, and that by golly if at 84 years young, he wants his coffee nip candies, then he gets them. He tried to pay me for them but I would have none of it...besides the pleasure was such a small price.....1.27 a box with my 20% discount...what? like a dollar...and as I have said before I am all about the dollar.

Leah's BD dinner was very fun. One guy gave her a huge gift bag full of "re-gift" items...too hilarious, and said he wanted his gift bag back...lol, I laughed till I cried. Some gifts he said he even stole from his sister. Keep in mind all these KIDS from CVS age from 20 to about 28, but they love me and I love them...I was comfortable being the only ABOVE 28 year old...lol. I am just glad they feel comfortable enough to invite me.

Chelle...my garden was crying for some rain water also....10 minutes of rain is much better than 1 hour of the hose, I truly believe that. We are not expected to get any rain until Saturday....of course. Next four days dry and 90, whew the air conditioner is sure to be turned back on....$$$$$$$

Ceejay...I hate it when we have to bite the bullet and make a large purchase like a computer....however the computer is becoming one of those things that people like us cannot live without. Sad.

Laura...I had the most fun at my 30 year reunion back in 2008. If you recall, I walked into the reunion and looked around and wondered who all the old people were....my classmates..I certainly did not look like that....hahahahhaha

Me thinks I need to hit the hay...11:10 pm...way past my bed time....YIKES....

Nighty nite chicklets....
Old 06-28-2011, 06:30 AM   #190  
Happy September

HAPPY TUESDAY

TODAY IS A MELIDAY. JEN AND THE DD ARE COMING DOWN TO SPEND SOME TIME TODAY LATER ON. THE MORNING IS GOING TO BE MELLIE RESTING.
I AM READY FOR INSPECTION. I AM FINDING THAT IT'S SO MUCH EASIER TO GET THE APT READY FOR COMPANY SINCE I REALLY GAVE THE HEAVE H O
TO ALL THE CLUTTER. AMAZING HOW FAST CLEANING GOES. I THINK MY SINUSES APPRECIATE IT TOO. LESS DUST COLLECTORS.

NOTHING NEW HERE. TIME FOR BREAKFAST. COULDN'T SLEEP IN FOR SOME REASON. STARTING THE DAY NEARLY. HAVE A GOOD ONE

LAURA...GOOD TO HEAR THE GRADUATION PARTY FOR YOUR FRIEND WAS NICE. HOPE SHE HAD A GOOD TIME TOO. 5 MILES!! YOU GO GIRL. THIS GETTING UP EARLY IS FOR THE BIRDS!!! THAT'S ALL I COULD HEAR AT 5:15 THIS MORNING!! FRASSING LOUD BIRDS!!! IT MUST HAVE BEEN FUNNY SEEING SUCH OLD FRIENDS. SOUNDS LIKE A GREAT WEEKEND WAS HAD BY ALL!!

CEEJAY.......DO THEY SELL REPLACEMENT BATTERIES FOR THE LAPTOPS?? I WAS WONDERING CAUSE JEN & RICHIE HAD A LAPTOP THAT DOESN'T HOLD A CHARGE TOO. THEIRS WORKS SCREWY TOO.

ANNIE...FEELS GOOD TO BE BACK. I "need/want/miss you" ALL TOO. WE HAD 2 TENANTS THAT A WERE NIP FANATICS. EVERY MONTH THEY WENT TO CVS TO LOAD UP FOR THE MONTH. ONE WAS DIABETIC BUT SHE HAD TO HAVE HER NIPS. SHE DIED AT 98 YRS OLD STILL EATING THEM MAYBE NIPS ARE THE SECRET TO LONGEVITY!!!

MICHELLE....I THINK THE DMIL IS GOING TO MISS YOU, DH AND THE FREEDOM OF THE GARDEN MORE AND MORE AS TIME GOES BY. GLAD EVERYONE IS DOING OK OVER BY YOU AND THAT IT WAS JUST ZUMBA MUSIC!! EVERY TIME I RUN INTO A COMMERCIAL FOR THOSE DVDS, I THINK OF YOU!!

HAPPY....I HOPE THE TRIP GOES OFF WITHOUT ANY PROBLEMS. HOPE TOO THAT THE TIME WITH MOM HAS BEE A GOOD TIME. HOW IS THE SL;EEPING GOING. SO MUCH ON YOUR MIND THAT IT MUST BE HARD TO TURN THE THOUGHTS OFF AT NIGHT. STAY WELL.

WHERE DID SHAD GO....PERHAPS THE MEN ARE HOLDING HER HOSTAGE!! WE BETTER BEGIN TAKING UP A COLLECTION JUST IN CASE!!

Last edited by MELODY525; 06-28-2011 at 06:31 AM.
Old 06-28-2011, 07:29 AM   #191  
Creating a Healthier Me

Good Tuesday morning ladies -

Okay...maybe it wasn't the *best* idea to help DH plant annuals and perennials in the beautiful new planter ring he built. The ring is about 3' high and the planting involved a lot of bending and a bit of climbing. Not smart. But I really wanted to help. Now, the stabbing pain is my back's not so subtle way of saying, "nope, you shouldn't have done that." You ladies may all yell at me and come after me with the rolling pins. I really deserve it for pushing myself too hard. Thankfully, I have a massage today. I'm going to a different masseuse (got a coupon)...so I'm not sure if this will be a wimpy light touch massage or a deep pressure, muscle releasing massage. I suppose I should request what I want when I get there. Right now, I'm not sure what it is that I want.

Ceejay - Laptop batteries do wear out over time. DH and I each have laptops where the batteries only last a couple minutes. Hackers don't really affect the battery life, just the processing speed of the computer. They do sell replacement batteries for laptops, if the laptop works okay (fast enough, reliable enough) when plugged in. Not sure how much they are or how to install though. DH takes care of all the computer hardware stuff. He says that me, being a programmer, breaks the computers due to overuse, and he fixes them.

Annie - I love Coffee Nip candy. I felt the same way with the little indulgences my parents' enjoyed, and those that my DMIL enjoys. By that age, heck, give 'em what they want. DMIL tries to pay me for little things I pick up for her too. It's like seriously? Don't bother. Glad you had a great time at Leah's BD dinner. Too funny about the re-gifted items!! That's great that they see you as one of the kids! I hear ya' about rain water being better than hose water. We got about 10 min. of rain yesterday, though we were hoping for a little more. We'll be putting our A/C back on by the end of the week too. Friday it's supposed to be in the mid-90s here, and that's pretty warm for our area. DH and I both have Friday off to spend time with my niece. So maybe we'll take a drive along the shore of Lake Michigan...it's nearly always "cooler by the lake". Too funny what you said about the "old" people at your reunion. I seriously say stuff like that when I hear of my friends' kids getting older, going to college, etc. How did they get older when I sure as heck didn't? I still feel in my heart and mind like I'm in my late 20s/early 30s. Of course, my back often feels like that of an 80 year old. Chronologically, I guess I am probably getting older, but I sure as heck REFUSE to GROW UP!

Mel - Awww, I love the flower, butterfly and ladybug graphic you posted! So cheerful!! It's so great to come online and see you've already posted. I've really missed that. I'm so glad you're feeling well enough to do more...just don't overdo it, okay? I'm glad you are taking a Meliday today!! You, Happy and the rest of the chicks are really inspiring me to declutter!! After my niece leaves, I'm going to promise myself that I'll spend at least two hours a week decluttering (tossing, donating, etc.). I enjoy getting up early and hearing the birds serenade me. They do sell replacement batteries for laptops. Do you have a Batteries Plus store near you? They have replacement laptop batteries. As for the men holding Shad hostage...if they were hotties and not b**tards, she might not mind. But since the guys she's dealing with are a**holes, we should send out a rescue party. Party? Did someone say Party? Crank up the Zumba music and let's dance!

Laura - Congrats again on the 5 miles you did for the Relay! Are you getting to the gym classes this week so you can workout in air conditioning?

Shad - Hope everything is going okay. And that you're able to come to terms with the project managers.

Well, gotta get get. Talk to y'all later.

Much love and big hugs,
Old 06-28-2011, 09:32 AM   #192  
Annie - Indiana

Good Morning All....

MELLIE...I am with Chelle...so wonderful to have you back and open the page to your post!! Both you and Chelle are doing a little too much and causing yourselves pain.....I guess I need to make a road trip and wallop both of you over the head with my wooden rolling pin. MELLIE...don't make me spank you! lol

CHELLE....I ended up getting dad 3 boxes of coffee nip and 1 box of peanut butter nip candies. He loves peanutbutter, anything, also. Got him a bag of Dunkin' Donuts extra strong dark roast coffee, as he likes the kind of coffee that stands up without support....blah. not me. Also a puzzle book and hankerchiefs. (sp) That should keep him busy for a while. lol. I am with you...I don't feel 51 in my mind, however my body (obviously, fat, saggy and wrinkled, according to some) feels and looks it.

Shaddie...send up flairs or some kind of signal if you are needing rescued. Right now, I would like to say men are at the bottom of my list, but actually they do not even qualify for my list. There are only a handful that are not *ssh*les. And we chicklets know who they are. Rambling Sheesh

Better get back at it, my Outlook FINALLY is loaded this morning. Only took an hour and half for it to work. Slow to log on, slow running, guess it is in line with my cluttered, slow brain this morning. Only had 1/2 cup of coffee so far, got to bed late as a friend called late and kept me on the phone till 12:30. Evidently, her S.O. b*st*rd man she lives with tried to choke her. Drama which I want no part of, but felt I should listen to her. I did tell her she should of call 911 and not put up with that crap. I just don't understand why women do?

Anyway, have a wonderful day/night....hello to all.

Loves and Hugs.
Old 06-28-2011, 09:52 AM   #193  
Happy September

ANNIE....YOU BETTER PUT YOUR BUTT KICKING BOOTS ON BEFORE YOU LEAVE ON THAT ROAD TRIP TO MICHELLE AND I!! YOU'RE GONNA NEED THEM BY THE TIME YOU CATCH US!!
SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT YOUR FRIEND. HOPE SHE WISES UP. BEEN THERE AND DONE THAT MYSELF. I WAS A SLOW LEARNER HOPE YOUR DAY GOES BY FASTER AND YOU WAKEY WAKEY!!!

MICHELLE....HOPE THE BACK FEELS BETTER AND THE MASSAGE HELPS. IT'S TOUGH NOT DOING THINGS YOU REALLY WANT TO DO. I STARTED TO LOSE TRACK OF MY DAY YESTERDAY AND PAID A SMALL PRICE LAST NIGHT. ONE DAY WE WILL BOTH GET IT RIGHT!! YA THINK???? I TOLD JEN ABOUT THE BATTERIES AND SHE SAID THEY GAVE THE LAPTOP BACK TO HIS DAD WHEN THEY WERE IN FLORIDA. IT WAS A CHEAP HP AND NEVER WORKED RIGHT. SUPPOSEDLY THE DAD IS FIGHTING WITH THEM FOR A REPLACEMENT OR A "FREE FIX". I SAID GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MY DAY WILL BE EVEN QUIETER NOW. JEN HAS CRAMPS AND CANCELED. JUST AS WELL CAUSE I REALLY NEED SOME SILENCE AND INACTIVITY TODAY. I TALKED TOO MUCH AND MOVED TOO MUCH YESTERDAY. SO A NICE HOT SHOWER AND THEN SOME MINDLESS IS IN ORDER. MAYBE A BOOK.
EITHER WAY....THE SIGN IS ON THE DOOR & THE PHONE IS OFF THE HOOK!

Last edited by MELODY525; 06-28-2011 at 10:02 AM.
Old 06-28-2011, 10:34 AM   #194  
Creating a Healthier Me

Annie - I'm so sorry to hear about your friend. I hope she does the smart thing and get out of that violent situation. to your friend. And to you too for listening to her and being there for her.

Mel - I hope you get the much needed and much deserved silence and inactivity today. I'm glad you took the phone off the hook and put the sign on the door.
Old 06-28-2011, 10:42 AM   #195  

Morning all. I have to try and make this quick.

Michelle - The MSI sounds like a great idea to beat the heat, and I would think that with this being the 4th of July weekend, a lot of people will be doing the cookout/beach/pool type stuff vs. a museum. I really want to get to both MSI and the Botanic Garden - need to get better at being a planner instead of a "go-alonger". Sorry you overdid it with the planting and your back is suffering the consequences. Hope the massage tonite helps. You've done enough of them by now that I'm sure you'll be telling the new masseuse exactly what she needs to do!!

Mel - Good morning. Nice to see your AM posts once again. Good that you'll have a nice quiet day to make up for your overdoing it yesterday. Live and learn m'dear...

Annie - Not a coffee person, but those peanut butter Nips sound yummy. Sorry the Outlook is working like crap for you - we moved from Lotus Notes to Outlook in March 2010, but we didn't have the slowness issues. I've had my beefs with it, but in general I'm okay with it - it's the purging and archiving policies and procedures I detest!

Ceejay - Soooo - how's that new chair? Have you fallen asleep in it yet??

Hellos to Happy, Ellen and Shad!!

Nothing much to report. Had my hair colored after work. Bf sold our tandem bike last night! We still have my mountain bike, his bike components and our old bike rack to sell. I think all those will be an easier sell than the tandem was, so yay for that. It'll be nice to have new bikes for both of us and hit some bike trails this summer. The only thing is that a battle will ensue between bf and I about how much $$ we really need to spend on bikes... Of course I'm probably out of touch with the cost of a lightweight quality bike. I flip through the Sunday paper sales flyers and see prices of $100 - $300 at the various discount and sporting goods stores, but I'm pretty sure all of those are for heavier steel-framed bikes.

There's so much that needs to be done around the house because nothing got done over the weekend that I'm feeling torn about going to an exercise class tonight - really should do a Walmart run at the very least. But my body feels rusty from lack of exercise, so I'm just gonna go to the class and be good to myself.

Well, Blago got guilty verdicts on 17 counts. Let's see what the sentencing will be, although those country club Federal prisons don't seem like punishment enough, IMO. I feel bad for his daughters.

TTFN

Last edited by Laura705; 06-28-2011 at 10:50 AM.