Old 06-09-2011, 02:05 PM   #61  

Afternoon all.

I'll try to keep this quick. Worked on re-formatting the reports a bit yesterdfay before realizing I should review them to make sure adjustments weren't needed. Duh. Of course there were. Reran one and am waiting for adjustments so I could rerun another one.

No exercise class again last night. Poor planning on my part. There is a new class on the schedule that I had never noticed - until late in the afternoon yesterday. It’s called Next Step. It appeals to me because it’s the “next step” after the beginner step class (which had grown boring for me). But it starts at 6 pm, so I’d need to make sure I catch an earlier train home for that one. The classes I could make were Body Blast, which is the weight lifting one that was just so-so for me (and not cardio) and Zumba, which was at 8 pm and too late for me. If I do go to an 8 pm class, it would probably be PIYO, a Pilates/Yoga blend - . Excuses, excuses.

Anyway, I went down to the basement again and did another one of my Body Electric workouts – worked my biceps, triceps, obliques, quads, & hamstrings. Annie - I'm barely doing enough exercise for my own heiney, so I'm afraid you're on your own... so have you decided on the pole dancing classes yet??? Jumping the gun, but I bet you're new guy D. would be in favor of that, LOL.

After all the storms we had overnight & this morning, the temp really dropped! Oh well, getting used to this crazy weather - not that I have to like it. I'll get myself to an exercise class tonight - I'll get myself all sore again and choose the Tighter Assets class.

Hope the soil dries up a bit by the weekend so I can do some more out in the yard. Otherwise, I'll limit the yardwork to weed-pulling and mulch spreading.

Hopefully I'll get to do personals tomorrow.

TTFN!

Last edited by Laura705; 06-09-2011 at 02:08 PM.
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 02:13 PM   #62  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

I'm exhausted. My work yesterday was a mental challenge to say the least. We've started pumping 1.9 million gallons and it's work. This is usually done in the mid part of July to late September.

Went to bed early to wake up with an allergy attack about 2 a.m this morning. Think the neighbors all decided to mow their lawns yesterday. Got up to take a Claritin and woke up around 9.30 a.m. with the door bell ringing. I wasn't dressed to go to the door. I'm very light headed today and am not doing much of nothing. My head will not let me. My bp is okay so I'm sure it's due to my allergy attack. Head and ears is still full of fluid.

I need to sit down and make out a budget. Made my first car payment Tuesday night. I realize that the taxes on the car are a one time thing but wow what a hunk of change came out of my checking account.

Happy
Thank you for sending Mel a care package.

Annie
That's sweet of you to send Mel a care package also.

Michelle
That's a good idea just to do the ball exercises for Zumba. I'd like to have some of that cool air that goes along with those big boomers--not the lightning nor the hail.

Laura
Yea for the new router. I'm trying to keep all my t.v's and computers on a power strip and even unplug them in case a storm or the electric goes off. It's been so hot the power grid's are over heating. Or a small animal sit's on a fuse.

Ellen
Stay cool. When you get through with the girl's closet's you are more than welcome to come and do mine.

Going to drive out to Huddle House to grab a cheeseburger. They make the best.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 03:25 PM   #63  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Latest news on Mel
joy
i rhink mom would like to be anywhere but here. ha ha
and she would love the places you go to. even the coal!!
she says to say safe traveling. me too!!

mom's not really able to talk right now. pain is still in the rib area front and back.
but when she talks she gets out of breath trying not to move the ribcage.
if she over does it she has pain for the rest of the night.
we spoke to the doctor and he said another 2 weeks of bedrest and limited exercise.
she is still on the same diet. we bought a lot of baby food!
the doctor also said the intestines take a long time to heal and this was a "nasty case covering a large area".
they still didn't rule out a diverticulitis complication ( i think thats what he called it) so she is following that diet too.

there was so much infection that the ultrasounds were hard to read.
but they were most worried about the appendix and healing that 100% or it has to come out.
the doctor told her she needs to be patient and take good care of herself or she will be back in the hospital.
that was enough for her to tell john they cannot contact her unless the building is on fire.
the mayor was here and he said he'd keep everyone away this whole month.
the seniors were getting nervous so i go down everyday to get the mail and tell them how she is.
they never had to be without her for so long. lol

tell annie that mom got her package today and it made her smile and laugh.
she said she is a real humana poopy chick now!!! ha ha i can't find annie's email.
mom had the hat on when john came. we all laughed.
he wanted to know where the heck she thought she was going. lol

richie's kids are here and i have to take them shopping as soon as he gets home so i better say goodbye.
we aren't going to the trailer until mom gets the ok from the doctor but she wants us to go on the weekends.
the doctor said it's ok to leave her alone but we'll see. it's not even 2 hours away but.........

i almost forgot this thing>>>> social security made mom answer the phone today at 9:00am
for her final interview for evalutation 2011.
mom called before she went into the hospital and after she got home so they would know where she was and cancel may's interview. because she is "late" they made her do it today!!! what is wrong with these people??

i will write and tell you when mom feels comfortable talking. it just isn't right now.
love, jennifer
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 04:48 PM   #64  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Hi all,

Picked up Mom at the airport today. Her flight was delayed due to the very bad storms up Michelle's way last night and in Chicago this morning. I'm not sure how much time I will have to post as I will probably spend evenings with her talking as I work around the house. But I will peek in during the mornings.

Darn!!! I forgot that Mel enjoys the travel CDs. I probably should have sent some of those although many of us chicks right now are on the run and not able to think outside of personal demands at the moment. Next time.

This round of CDs was my treat - you ladies have picked up on things for other rounds - this was my turn so don't worry about it.

I will try and check back in tonight. Gotta run - getting IM'd at work here - no rest for my wicked soul
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 07:33 AM   #65  

Shad
Thanks for keeping us updated on Mel. Sounds like she has a doozy and if it's diverticulitis I can honestly feel for her. I'm glad to see that the Mayor has gotten involved.

Happy
Spend as much time wtih mom as you need.

Spent the day asleep on the couch yesteday. I suppose I should have gone to the doctor but didn't want to drive in this heat. The claritin seems to be helping.
Old 06-10-2011, 09:07 AM   #66  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Happy Friday!!

TGIF, fo sho!! It's a very rainy Friday here, but even a rainy Friday is better than a Thursday and way better than a Monday! Speaking of Monday, I'm taking Monday off. I have so much website work to do this weekend that I think it will take more than 2 days to complete or even make enough of a dent that I can present a progress report to both clients. My day job workload has calmed down a bit (for now), so it's a good time to use a vacation day. June's report implementation is all complete except for getting approvals (on Tuesday), and if I get the approval, I'll be working next Friday night to get them implemented. So far for July's implementation, I have to update 13 reports...but no new ones (yet, anyway).

DH got home safe and sound yesterday afternoon...though he was pretty tired from so much driving. I saw some of the photos he took in Joplin...absolutely surreal. Huge steel girders and sheet metal from the high schools, big box stores and factories wrapped around trees like Christmas ribbon.

Laura - Bummer that the reports needed adjustments. It's always somethin' isn't it? The Next Step class sounds good. 8 pm classes are too late for me as well, and my core/back strength just isn't ready for Pilates or PiYo. I applaud you for doing another BE workout, though! Our soil is pretty wet up here from all the rain the past few days. But the weekend looks like it will be dry and in the upper 60s/low 70s.

Ceejay - Bummer about all the allergy attacks you're having. I'm glad you're resting. Moving around, or worse driving, when you're light headed is not a good idea. Good for you for making a budget and incorporating your new car payment.

Shad - Thanks for passing along the news about Mel. I remember all too well the pain that goes along with the intestinal infection, even though for me it was well over 20 years ago...it's a pain that is not easily forgotten. I hope she doesn't have diverticulitis or have to have her appendix out. I'm glad the Mayor is getting involved to keep the wolves and other pests at bay. Too bad he couldn't stop Social Security from harassing her. I hope your job is going better and you don't have to work all weekend.

Happy - I'm glad that your Mom got to your place fine despite the weather delays. Definitely spend as much time with your mom as you can. I'll try and find some good Travel DVDs for Mel.

Mel - Feel better soon. Sending you lots of healing hugs.

Big to Annie and Ellen!

Love and hugs to all,
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 11:00 AM   #67  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Good Morning Chicklets....working from home today as I have a dental appt at 1:30 anyways. Got a few more spreadsheets to finish up from 'hit' items that MI bosses left behind. Not doing personals at this time gotta get done before dentist. Getting the back of my front bottom filled, it chipped off years ago and this is about the 5th time to get filled. They don't last long.

Shaddie...thanks for sharing MELLIE news. God love her.

Chelle..glad "our" DH got home safe and sound...

Ceejay...don't work so hard...

Laura...good for you for exercising anyway even tho you missed out on a class you would of enjoyed.

Happy...thanks for covering us on the MELLIE gift.

Ellen...enjoy your kidlets, they do grow up fast.

MELLIE...waving hi, missing you, and sending love hugs, but mostly healthy vibes. xoxoxo

Samantha now has a teeny tiny "baby bump". Too darn cute. 14 weeks and growing....Time is flying.

David is wonderful....We are spending Saturday together and then he is taking me to dinner at the French place for dinner for my birthday. We are having fun....kissy kissy.

Gotta get busy and finish this work mess.

Love and hugs always...
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 12:30 PM   #68  
Creating a Healthier Me

Annie - My CRS is really a PITA sometimes! Arrrgh! Dang it all...I forgot your b'day was coming up. I hope you have a terrific b'day weekend! Too bad it has to start off with a dentist appt. That's so cute about Sam's baby bump! have a wonderful time with David on Saturday! And it's good that he's treating you right...because the second he doesn't I'm coming down there to kick his arse. Cuz I loves ya, my sista.
Old 06-10-2011, 12:31 PM   #69  

Morning all.

Shad - Again, thanks for the update on Mel. Sure hope she doesn't need appendix surgery. !@#$% those !@#$% Social Security bleeps making her do the interview! Jerks. Are you on to the next place after the coal mine? Or is there still work to be done there? Hope you get a day off somewhere in between working and driving.

Happy - Glad your mom got here safe despite the weather delays. Enjoy your time with her! If I want to see my mom, I have to go to her. She claims a fear of flying, won't drive on expressways (she's not a good driver anyway), doesn't have Amtrak, and even if those things weren't issues, she's too frugal and distrustful to have a dogsitter. And don't ask why my brother, who lives in the same town, can't fill that role. Sigh.

Ceejay - Sorry your sinuses are giving you such problems lately. This is definitely a bad year for allergies too. I'm sort of glad for this rain because it gets the pollen out of the air for a bit. Course I'm allergic to mold too, and that'll start growing after this rain... Don't work too hard pumping that water!!

Michelle - Too bad you'll be taking a vacation day and have to work instead of play, but the $$ will be good. Good thing the day job has calmed down a bit. Glad DH got home safe after all that driving.

Annie - So nice to hear your having fun w/ D. You deserve it chica!!

Ellen - How's it going? How is it having the kids home for the summer??

Nothing much to report. Went to the Tighter Assets class for a good workout. Still tracking food w/ the iphone app. Need to keep at it. Weekends are when I fall off that routine, so I have to be diligent!! Saturday night is book club and Sunday morning is breakfast with a friend - two food-filled social occasions I have to try and not turn into a calorie disaster.

Better get back to it - forgot a report after submitting the others yesterday, and it's not working the way it should either. Grrr.
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 02:39 PM   #70  
Creating a Healthier Me

Laura - Such a bummer that your mom won't travel, and your brother won't care for her dog even if she did. Do you get to see your mom often? Good for you for doing the Tighter Assets class and tracking food. Now that I am able to do a few more workouts in the week, I'm more motivated to also eat better. Today after work, DH and I are going grocery shopping. And I've got a craving for yummy salad fixings and lots of veggies. A good craving to have, I guess. Good luck making healthy, low cal choices at book club and breakfast.
Old 06-10-2011, 03:09 PM   #71  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Morning all,
Woke up early - well I guess my sleeping pattern is all over the place at the moment. Too many different beds and places. Today I will be at Blair Athol in the Central Queensland Highlands to mop up the last of the Operator/Maintainers and will this afternoon head back to the Peak Downs area to start on yet another coal mine - Coppabella. It's raining and we are supposed to get about 4 inches of rain which means that it will be rough getting out to the mines again. Blair Athol is sealed all the way but some of the other places I have been have been badly affected by flooding early in the year and have still to get the roads fixed and resealed. Coppabella will not be any different. Just hope it doesn't soften up too much that I have to dig the car out of the mire.
After Coppabella, I go to McKay and then up to Sonoma and Townsville and then home in about 14 days time.

Happy - glad to hear that Mum has arrived and you will have some time together. Enjoy the days. Weekend coming up - get Mum to help you pack a box or two.

Annie - Hope you have a wonderful birthday dinner with D. Nice to hear about the baby bump.

Michelle - seems like the back must be improving for you to be able to do the exercise that you are doing. Good stuff.

Laura - all this exercise. You must be feeling good about your routines now. That PiYo sounds a bit like the body balance class I used to do and should try and get back to if I can find one around town.

Ceejay - hope those sinus' come right soon and you get to feel better.

Ellen - how's the school holidays going for the kids? I must be getting old, seems like they were just on holidays at Easter.

Okay - better go and report in to Mel and check for any latest info. Sounds like she is having a bit of a rough time. Bloody social security. Maybe I should give Barrack a call. Do you think he might listen?
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 03:34 PM   #72  
Creating a Healthier Me

Shad - Wishing you safe travels on the soggy roads. I hope you're able to get to your destinations safely. My back is still getting better slowly and has it's good and bad moments (this morning - bad). But I'm doing my PT exercises and getting stronger little by little. The exercise schedule I outlined are goals for the week...not sure if I'll be able to do all of it...just going to listen to my body and stop when it gets insistent. Have a great weekend. Stay safe and dry.
Old 06-11-2011, 08:58 AM   #73  

Shad
Hope things go well with your trip and the roads stay safe enough to travel.

Annie
Enjoy the birthday dinner with D.

Nothing to repport here. Haven't actually done anything for 2 solid days but lay around on the couch.
Can some one pm me Mel's physical address?
Old 06-11-2011, 10:00 AM   #74  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Happy Saturday Everyone.....no time to really post, gots lots on the agenda for today and tomorrow....xoxoxoxo
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 11:43 AM   #75  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Good morning ladies,

I'm happy to see a Saturday roll around. I have to get my hair done in the late afternoon - I'm REALLY in need of a dye job - for the first time my hair has grown out enough to really see how much - and there is ALOT - of gray in my hair. That's going to kind of bust up the day. I guess I will take Mom shopping - I need to return some stuff at Kohl's that has been sitting here for a while and Mom is on the hunt for roomy, terry lined plastic shower caps I hope in between that I can get some stuff done around the house. Tomorrow we have to go pick up DH's glasses and return my sunglasses which don't seem to be made quite correctly so that will also bust up the day. It's getting to the point that I don't want to leave the house on the weekends. Once I go out, I lose my momentum to get going again.

Ceejay - I pm'd you the address.

Annie - hope you have a wonderful dinner with David and happy early birthday is this going to be an all weekend long celebration?

Michelle - sorry to hear the back is giving you grief again. I'm sure the jumpy weather is not helping any. Hope it gets better for you. Did you say you have a marathon of web work this weekend? Don't forget to get up once in a while and stretch!

Shad - although I'm sure Barrack would take your call, the others in government are so busy fighting one another that you would not make any headway any way. I hope you don't get too tired from travelling - 2 more weeks of this will surely wear you out.

Hi Ellen - hope no one is sick this weekend and you aren't working.

Laura - bummer on Momma not travelling, but I know how Mom's can turn something do-able into a major roadblock if that's the way they see things Hope you get through your weekend food events without too much damage. You can always bring something safe to eat.

I got a note back from Jen too - Mel is resting alot. It sounds like she will have a long recovery. I will post her note later. I sure do wish now I had gotten some different CDs to send her, but that's the problem when you do things in a hurry.

Ok, Mom came down and is talking to me so I have to get off here and get something done before the day is completely shot. Have a good weekend. Talk to you later.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote