Closed Thread

Old 04-25-2010, 10:24 PM   #31  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

SARAH ~ yes, the US is having some wild weather these days; Colorado was hit with 12" of snow yesterday. We had lovely weather for the last couple of days and is expected for tomorrow too. I love this time of year here as the weather is nice (not too hot or cold) and the buggies haven't arrived yet. Some areas in the south have been hit with black flies recently ... We usually don't see those until late May or early June here (hope that stays the same this year).

We had a productive day at our lot this afternoon; we spread some gravel and sand around to fill in some dips in our laneway and give more drainage for our trees. Plus we took some rocks to give more support to the end of the driveway; this helps keep the gravel in place so it doesn't wash away during the spring and fall rains. Last weekend, DH made me some better steps to get into our camper trailer. We hope to start the floor of our cabin in the beginning of May, if all goes well ...

Take good care and have a great week -- Rosebud
Old 04-26-2010, 11:01 AM   #32  
Freedom in living

S/C/G: ?/ticker/180

Height: 5'2"

Hey my Canadian Chickies---Hope you have all been well! Been busy @ the gym on week days and the kids have been keeping me super busy. Just haven't been able to check in for a few months.
Old 04-26-2010, 11:41 AM   #33  

S/C/G: 230/ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Well ladies! I actually hit 199.0 yesterday morning and much to my surprise was the exact same this morning! I'm a little surprised as I didn't have the greatest weekend. I tried to eat on plan but it wasn't an indulgance thing, I actually had a hard time getting all the food in and drank far too much coffee (with fat-free cream). My DH's mother passed away suddenly on Saturday morning and it was a huge shock. We're taking things day by day, but it will be very hard and my FIL has been married to her since they were 16 and she completely took care of him. He'll be lost for a while I imagine. We're in the process of funeral arrangements. I feel so bad for the whole family and it's our 17 year old daughter's first death in the family so that's another blow. It sounds bad but I always kind of thought it would be my grandparents (84 & 88 years old) that would be the first death she'd have to deal with. Certainly not her 55 year old grandmother!

So the one bright light this weekend was the 199 on the scale.

Everyone have a good day.
Tamara
Old 04-26-2010, 12:06 PM   #34  
Gotta run!

S/C/G: 210/*ticker*/160

Height: 5'5

Hey everyone - Hi to our new peoples and soon to be new Canadians! I'm also in Alberta but in Edmonton.

Sorry to hear the bad news Tamara I hate unexpected deaths, they are the worst.

Sara - I just went to Niagara falls for the first time on the 18th! Beautiful there!

I'm seriously itching to plant my garden... I know we could get some more cooler weather but things are starting to bloom already in my flower bed out front and it just makes me want to plant even more!!!
Old 04-26-2010, 07:49 PM   #35  
Mind-Mouth-Muscle-Motion

S/C/G: 274/ticker/174

Height: 5'10"

Just wanted to pop in and say Hi. I am really looking forward to the end of tax season on Friday. I get next Monday off as well as we have been working so hard. That, plus our tax bonus makes it all worthwhile, I suppose.

Welcome to all the newbies.

I have really been coasting with my weight, but will get back at it in May. I really hate the way my stomach jiggles when I walk. Really hate it!

Bye for now!
Old 04-27-2010, 10:23 PM   #36  
Rosebud

TAMARA ~ so sorry for your family's loss; my mother died unexpectedly at 56 y/o too. She went in the hospital for a bladder infection; with meds, she recovered quickly and was getting ready to go home when she suddenly had an aneurysm in her lung and died. We were all stunned -- needless to say! The next week felt like a whirl and the funeral surreal; kept asking my DH for a reality check! LOL! The grieving process started after we got home when reality settled in for us all. Hugs and prayers for you all!

These experiences sure bring home for us all just how important it is to love and cherish each moment we have with our parents and children right now -- today! It sure did for our family. It changed our lives, but for the good in many ways. Oh yes, we miss all our loved ones that have passed since that day, but we look forward to a grand reunion over there some day. Every second of life is so precious now ...

BTW, on getting into ONEDERLAND; these are really big victories aren't they? I sure think so ...

HI to all our other Canucks! I am glad that you dropped by even it is just for a few moments. Don't get too upset if you stall a bit; just keep on going, something's gotta give eventually. Our lovely has returned! We have tiny little yellow and purple crocuses blooming here even though we do have cooler temps.

Have a great week everyone ... Rosebud
Old 05-02-2010, 01:17 AM   #37  
Rosebud

We have had a busy yet enjoyable and accomplished week; very productive! Most of the week, we had lovely and cool temps; then we had on Friday & part of today. This afternoon, the clouds parted and we had lovely for the rest of the day and very warm temps: up to over 75 F here.

Hope you all are having a lovely weekend ... Rosebud
Old 05-04-2010, 09:06 PM   #38  
Rosebud

HELLO FELLOW CANUCKS ~ We had a lovely day up at our lot today. We took up some more rocks and gravel for the entranceway; and then we transplanted some more trees (pines and firs) to replace some that we lost last year. Seems a couple of spots are not good for growing trees, so we avoided them this time; and we're praying our new ones make it.

I cleaned the outside of the camper and that kept me busy today while DH did his stuff. We had most of the morning then on the way home, we hit a storm; then five minutes after getting home, it was again ... I do like this time of year anyways, a nice mix of weather, not too hot, and NO BUGGIES!!!

Tomorrow we rest up and get supplies ready for the week. Hope you are all having a wonderful week and nice weather too ... Rosebud

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 05-04-2010 at 09:09 PM.
Old 05-05-2010, 03:27 PM   #39  

What a craptacular couple of days we've had here in Calgary. We've got snow on the ground again and it's cold and windy (has been snowing for about 36 hours now). We're supposed to warm up for the weekend and I hope that is the case as we're going to start some renos with DH off work. Might as well take advantage of the free labour! LOL We're going to buy the stuff we need to repaint the kitchen tonight and he can wash down and patch the walls tomorrow and then paint on Thursday and Friday. We're going to rip the flooring out of the kitchen as well and hopefully we can get that done before my family comes for DD's high school graduation at the end of the month.

Update at HM today was only down 1lbs from last Wed. for a total HM loss of 21.8lbs and 34". Total weight loss since Jan 1/10 is 32.4 from 230lbs to 197.6! Woot! I started back to the pool on the weekend and also started some workouts at home under the watchful eye of DH.

We have to run up and grab our camper from storage this weekend as well Justwant2Bhealthy so we can get it cleaned up and ready for the May long-weekend. We're headed up to Cow Lake near Rocky Mountain House. Hopefully there won't be snow like last year! LOL I can't wait to get camping again...it's always so nice to get back to nature. Cooking outdoors, campfires, lazing around with no place to be and no clocks! Good times!

I hope everyone is having a great week. Check back soon.

Tamara
Old 05-06-2010, 05:47 AM   #40  
LEAN, STRONG and SEXY

S/C/G: 252/Tracker/125

Default Time flys when you on nights

I can't believe its been over a month since I popped in. I am not sure where April went but I was iether working or sleeping at the time.

I took my Dane to be bred yesterday. We are going every day this week to make sure we have puppies by mid July. The diet and exercise is slow aand I have come to terms with not being 125 by my 45th Birthday next month.

The weather is starting to improve on the night shift which is good and I am finally getting some sleep. Found out Chai tea has caffiene in it and it was keeping me awake not only during shifts but after too.
Old 05-06-2010, 06:04 AM   #41  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

I'm a terrible patriot aren't I? I keep forgetting this thread

Hi everybody!
Old 05-06-2010, 03:55 PM   #42  
60 KM's north of Awesome

S/C/G: 222/206/120

Height: 5'0

Hey Everyone!
I'm brand new here, signed up a few days ago (haven't even had time to do up a profile / etc) and I'm from Calgary Alberta.
Great to see so many Canucks in one thread!
We're awesome! Hehe
Hope y'all in the other provinces are having better weather than we have out here!
It's just plain ugly
Old 05-06-2010, 10:12 PM   #43  
Rosebud

to our CANADIAN thread, MITTENS ~ nice to have you join us here ... did you gals send that nasty ***** our way? We had ***** all day long with frigid northernly ~~~~~ too ... yuck! Well, needless to say we made this a stayathome day and stayindoors day too!

HI SUSAN ... nice to see you drop by again!

2B ~ SAME TO YOU ... but we know that you work a lot of nights and that has its own issues. It seems anyone I know that works nights is always tired; I couldn't do that shift no matter how easy the work was.

So, we got our shopping for the camper done yesterday; got lots of walking in but had to go back to the store twice as the clerk gave us the wrong camping stove (don't get me started on clerks that argue with the customer; whatever happened to "the customer is always right?")! Anyways, we finally got it all sorted out and we have what we need now ...

We just have to wait for some good weather now ... supposed to be but cool tomorrow, so we'll see! Take good care, and have a FABULOUS FRIDAY FOLKS! Rosebud
Old 05-07-2010, 11:55 AM   #44  
Gotta run!

S/C/G: 210/*ticker*/160

Height: 5'5

I love Danes! I want pictures!

I don't really have anything to say... Oh, I won a prize a few weeks ago on the X-Weighted challange, is anyone else still doing that?

Lots of people from Calgary these days....
Old 05-07-2010, 03:50 PM   #45  

Good afternoon fellow countrywomen! LOL

I had a great weigh-in today. 194.6! Wowsa...that's 25 lbs in just over 7 weeks! Yippee!

I also won my HM center's April challenge (it involved going 3x/week, answering nutrition trivia questions and maintaining or losing every week. I won 8 weeks of their cellulite treatment which has a retail value of about $250! Sweet! I'll save it for a while...maybe even until next spring when I've been at goal for a while (Dec 22 goal date) and maintained. I've seen the results on one of the girls that had only been using it for 6 weeks...pretty amazing!

Looks like our weather is getting back on track...sunny again next week. I hope everyone has a really great mother's day weekend. We'll be going out and taking flowers to DH's mother's grave. It will be first time either of us has done anything like that (we've been fortunate until now) and he's a little anxious about it, but I think it might make him feel good to make it look pretty. We'll see I guess.

I'm off to the spa for a full day of pampering tomorrow courtesy of the guys I work for. I got the package for admin proffesional week and saved it for my 20lbs reward. My 30lbs reward is finally doing my trash the dress photo session on May 30 (I haven't been able to fit in my wedding dress since I got married two years ago and now I'll be smaller than at my wedding for the photo shoot) which is two days before my second wedding anniversary and our 19 year anniversary. We got married on the 17th anniversary of our first date! Awww! Haha!

Anyhow that is more than enough exclamation points for one post. Have a great weekend!

Tamara
Closed Thread