Old 03-11-2010, 07:24 PM   #151  
mtiger

S/C/G: 251.5/177/145

Height: 5'4"

Wink

I was 178.2 today. Not my lowest, but getting close. Don't know if I will see a new low at this rate. Did Cardio Max tonight and a little jogging. I'm giving it all I've got. My official weigh-in is tomorrow.

Susie- Good luck with that scale.

Scraver- Do what your body tells you. IOf you feel like pushing a little bit...do it. If you feel tired....take it easy. Our bodies will tell us what they need. We just need to listen.
mtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 07:40 PM   #152  
Maintainer Wannabe

S/C/G: 161/143/135

Height: 5'7"

Hey y'all!

Three more days of my BL contest and I am truly giving it my all. In the beginning it didn't seem possible for me to win, and I really didn't care. We started out with 17 people and each of us pledged $10. But as time has gone on, people have dropped out, and I have been leading the pack. So now that the time is so near, I want to WIN! My iPod disappeared last week and that money would make me feel a lot less guilty about replacing it. I have been working out like crazy and eating on plan 64 out of the last 67 days and I am finally under 130 again. I know I haven't been checking in here much, but I do read every day and I am following everyone's progress. Keep up the good work!
WardHog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 10:09 AM   #153  

Hi--I did not have good luck at the scales. I had a gain. I was shocked because I felt like I had lost. It has thrown me for a bit of a loop but I'm working through it and almost ready to try again.

I think I"m struggling because I can't stay focused and I feel like so much is going on around me that I can't give this the energy I know it needs to have in order for me to be successfull. But then again, I know I don't have the energy to go through another year weighing what I do now.

Mindy: I'm happy to see the scales are getting back to where you want them.

Ward: 64 days on track! That is huge....congratulations. I didn't realize you are in a BL contest but it's great to hear that you are winning. I hope you do so that you can replace that Ipod guilt free...but you now you have to have one...who could workout with one?!
BTW I like your profile picture...did one of your children draw that for you?

SCraver: Did you make it to yoga?
MyChoice2bfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 02:56 PM   #154  
mtiger

Wink

177.8 today....still not my lowest. Looks like no loss for me again this month. This really sucks. I'm gonna try something. Keeping it a secret for now to till I see if it works or not. SOmething has to.

Susie- Wish I could give you my willpower, if that's all you need. I have plenty of that. Unfortunately, it is doing me no good. Stick with it.
Old 03-14-2010, 11:23 PM   #155  

S/C/G: 226.5/199/150

Hey ladies,
Sorry, I've not been keeping you posted again. I haven't weighed myself in a week. I figured with TOM, it wouldn't really be worth it. But I am getting back on the scales tomorrow. I haven't really been keeping track of my food, but still making pretty good choices, in my opinion, especially with the emotions I've been going through. My grandfather lost his 2 year battle with cancer today and it's been tough, but I am not going to let that be an excuse to let myself go.
On the good news side, I have noticed a difference with some of my clothes. Some pants that were tight are not and some that fit are now loose. So that's a good thing. I took measurements in the beginning and might check them again soon. This week it will be 2 months since I started, so maybe I'll check, just out of curiosity.
Well, it's been a long day and now that I've vented a little, I'm going to try and get some rest. I'll be sure to check in this week and more often.
Good luck all,
Angela
Angela78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 06:36 AM   #156  
Maintainer Wannabe

S/C/G: 161/143/135

I am sorry for your loss, Angela.
WardHog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 07:34 PM   #157  

I got back on the scales today-213!

Ward-Thanks, I appreciate it.
Susie- I know how you feel. Sometimes, you just want to give in and give up, but like you said, you can't go on where you are either, so just keep our eye on the prize (better health) and hang in there.
Mindy-Hang in there, too! I hope your secret plan works for you.

Angela
Old 03-15-2010, 07:57 PM   #158  
mtiger

Wink

Just teetering around the 178 mark. Did Shred with Kelly today, about 25 min. Used #8 weights and they killed my arms. GOt home and got some news that pissed me off, so I took off from my house and started running. By the time I had worn my frustration down I had run 1.5 miles. Go ahead!!! Piss me off again. LOL!!!
Old 03-17-2010, 01:37 PM   #159  

Happy St. Patty's day!

I've been dealing with a lot at work but things are coming to some sort of closure and that is a very good thing. There could be scary times ahead and but I plan on doing what I can do to keep that to a minimum and I know what I want and couldn't go after it before and shortly I will be able to. So that's a good thing.

I have been totally off plan but I'm ready to get back on now.

Mindy: I am so proud of you for turning to exercise and not food...you have become a totally different person....and it looks so good on you! I know the scales bring you down sometime but you have to think about all the other good things that have happened to you from losing this weight and not just that number on the scale.

It was good to hear about Kelly--I hope she will come back to see us. (hint, hint!)

Angela: I am sorry to hear the news about your grandfather--my deepest sympathy to you and your family!

I am glad to see that 213 for you! Keep it up.

Ok..back to work for me. See you all later.

BTW: Did anyone watch Biggest Loser last night? I am so bad remembering peoples names, but didn't she look amazing last night?
Old 03-17-2010, 07:27 PM   #160  

Happy St. Patrick's Day!!

212.5 today. I had some scrambled eggbeaters (dyed green, of course) w/a little ham and a wheat sandwich thin toasted for bfast and some progresso light soup for lunch. I've been eating a lot of soups for lunch lately. Then fish sticks, rice and salad for dinner-ok, but not great choices. I made rainbow cupcakes for St. Patty's day and do plan on having just 1 with fat free whipped cream tonight. I'm giving most of them away to the 2 neighbor kids, so that I don't eat them, but I love to bake. Did anyone else eat anything "festive" today?
I've still been losing, but I know I need to get back to actually keeping track of the counts, before I fall off the wagon.

Susie: Thanks for the condolences and yes, I saw some of BL last night. I was going back and forth with American Idol, but saw that the other Mom went home (Sherry?) Did I read that right at the end? She's 138 lbs. now??? WOW! I can't wait to see her, and everyone else, at the finale.

Mindy: I'm glad you were able to work out with Kelly.

Angela
Old 03-17-2010, 08:02 PM   #161  
mtiger

Wink

I want to be Sherry. **** yes!! 138 pounds. If only. 177.6 today, again, still, always, really.

Beautiful day to get outside for a workout. We did 20 min. of arms first, then walk/jogged. I jogged 1 1/4 and walked 1/2 miles. Yeah baby!!!

Susie- you can do this. Come on girl

Angie- Cupcakes??? Oh they sound yummy.
Old 03-17-2010, 08:38 PM   #162  

S/C/G: 235/171/150

Wow. This says I haven't posted since Feb 22. I didn't realize it had been that long. Like Ward, I have been reading every day, but not posting. Don't know why. Still on the maintain path, unfortunately. I would still like to lose this last 15-20 pounds to get to my initial goal weight, and my goal was by the end of the school year, but it may not happen. I am happy to say that life seems to be slowing back down a little, and I have already been able to work out with Mindy 3 days this week. I plan to work out with her tomorrow and Friday as well. I have also stayed between 1200-1300 calories each of those three days, too. I will keep my fingers crossed!

Angela--I know losing your grandpa has been tough. You are doing a great job getting through without throwing your plan out the window. Stressful times don't help weight loss efforts, and you are keeping mindful of your plan through it all. Good for you!

Susie--Hop back on the train!!!! You can do this! Be strong!

Mindy--What can I say. Stubborn f-ing pounds Keep on keeping on. At least you are staying healthy even if the scale isn't cooperating.
Kelly530 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 11:25 PM   #163  

It looks like everyone is spending time away from the computer this weekend--if you have weather like we do in Ohio this weekend, I sure can't blame you!

I wish I could say I was out walking in it but I haven't been. I always seem to have so much to do. I got my cards out from the weight loss book that I bought at the first of the year to "get me started again". I read it but haven't been putting the action steps into action.

But today I read them through again (I am to read them daily). One of them says to put dieting first, I have to plan my life around exercise and dieting activities, not vice versa. I deserve to put myself first.

I think this was just what I needed to read because I haven't been doing that.

Granted I have had a lot going on and we all do and I have a lot that is going to go on. I was told on Wed of last week that my last day of work will be July 31. The company that bought us out in October is closing down our location--everyone will be gone by August 31.

It is a bit scary! I am our main income and I carry our benefits--my husband's company doesn't carry them. So, I stepping up the job hunt and also lowering my criteria a bit than I have been. I have to have the security of those health benefits that is most important to me.

So I have decided that I have two things to focus on right now and the first is loosing this weight and the second is to find a new job. I will plan my life around those two things.

Kelly: I'm so happy to hear that your life has slowed down a bit and you are getting to work out with Kelly. Also I am very proud of you for maintaining.

Mindy: Sherry looked great...but I want you to know that you do too! Don't sell yourself out..you have worked very, very hard and it shows.

Ok..time to get to bed. I have a 30 min walk to finish in the morning before church and my day gets started--putting dieting and exercise first!

Last edited by MyChoice2bfit; 03-20-2010 at 11:26 PM.
Old 03-21-2010, 07:02 PM   #164  
mtiger

Wink

Susie- I know it may seem scary, but sometimes things work out for the beat. They did for me many years ago. Stay positive.

Nothing to tell. I just keep hovering around the same weight. I know how to maintain, what happened to losing?? Waiting for my secreat weapon to arrive. Hopefully tomorrow. I want to get started.
Old 03-23-2010, 12:12 PM   #165  

Hi there. Not much new here. I'm busy with work--we have a lot to do to shut things down and of course I'm job hunting via the job board sites.

I am coming down with a cold...not a good thing ever but next week I have 4 performances to participate in for our church's Easter Muscial Drama.

So, I've made a decision that until I get done with the church thing next week I'm going to take it easy...if I want to go for a walk I will and if not, I won't. BUT when April 5th rolls around I'm back to exercising and really working my plan.

I'm not taking on anything else other than finding a job and working on my weight-loss. It's going to be all about me for a change!

Now, don't go thinking I'm through caution to the wind for the next few days. Nope, I'm not going to allow myself to have candy so I'm detoxing during this week and next week so that when I'm ready to get back to the structure of a weight-loss plan and program I have already won the sugar battle.

I'll also be popping in most days to say hi, encourge and be encourged so I"m looking forward to everyone's posts.

Mindy: What is the secret weapon? did it arrive?