Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Happy Birthday, Heather!
Old 01-15-2009, 12:37 PM   #257  
Former Quitter

Ladies, I need your suggestions and tips on peeling a butternut squash.
Old 01-15-2009, 12:38 PM   #258  
Accepting who she is

S/C/G: 173/see ticker/138

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlyGirlSebas View Post
You know, I'm gonna have to admit that you all are correct.
Have you noticed that typically when we all agree, we are right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
kofta curry, tortilla, cucs, toms, zucc, onions in vinegar
vegetable sushi for dinner
Tell me about the kofta curry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopefulpinkangel View Post
Anna[/B]-This may be a silly question but . . . How do you pay your mortgage off early?
Anything you pay above your payment is applied to the principal, reducing your total amount owed. So, when we make our last car payment, we will add that $500 to the mortgage payment. In the meantime, I run 13 4-week budget cycles, so we we make an extra payment every year. The entire amount of that extra payment goes to principal. Here is a good calculator:

http://www.daveramsey.com/etc/reales...e_calc_swf.cfm

Last edited by onthetee; 01-15-2009 at 12:43 PM.
Old 01-15-2009, 12:46 PM   #259  

S/C/G: HW 176/SW 163/CW ticker/GW 120

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Question: I'm planning one of our veggie meals tonight. I have a jar of coconut curry that I picked up at WF and some firm (not extra firm) tofu that I planned on using in the curry. Will regular firm tofu work well? Should I saute it first? Or, is tofu a good idea in curry?
regular firm is fine, you just need to be a bit more gentle with it in the pan if you don't want it to crumble or break. as someone mentioned, sauteing it first would help with this and maybe give it a nice brown on the edges. i usually just throw it in the pan with all the veggies once they have a good start on them and after i've added the coconut milk (ie: don't bother sauteing it specially beforehand) because i am lazy, but the point is, it'll work out either way.
Old 01-15-2009, 01:08 PM   #260  

S/C/G: HW-300.2 GW-<175

Height: 5' 5.75"

Quote:
I usually cut mine in half length wise, clean out the seeds and use my vegetable peeler. If I use a knife I end up taking to much flesh. It really depends on what you want to do with it though. I have left the peel on occasionally to microwave or bake.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sws19 View Post
regular firm is fine, you just need to be a bit more gentle with it in the pan if you don't want it to crumble or break. as someone mentioned, sauteing it first would help with this and maybe give it a nice brown on the edges. i usually just throw it in the pan with all the veggies once they have a good start on them and after i've added the coconut milk (ie: don't bother sauteing it specially beforehand) because i am lazy, but the point is, it'll work out either way.
I just used extra firm in my stir fry. It still crumbled a bit on me and I think next time I will crumble it on purpose as I didn't really care for the overcooked chunky egg texture.
Old 01-15-2009, 01:20 PM   #261  
NROL4W-Stage 5

S/C/G: 207/148.5/125

Height: 5'1.25"

Looks like plurk is working again but slow. Probably another router down or something. They start blocking internet traffic if router goes down. At least that seems to be the pattern.

For Butternut squash, I do the same thing as Billie does. Cut in half, deseed and peel with peeler and then dice it up. I only made it once and it was that taco recipe.

Last edited by pintobean; 01-15-2009 at 01:21 PM.
Old 01-15-2009, 01:26 PM   #262  

Quote:
Originally Posted by onthetee View Post
Anything you pay above your payment is applied to the principal, reducing your total amount owed. So, when we make our last car payment, we will add that $500 to the mortgage payment. In the meantime, I run 13 4-week budget cycles, so we we make an extra payment every year. The entire amount of that extra payment goes to principal. Here is a good calculator:

http://www.daveramsey.com/etc/reales...e_calc_swf.cfm
Thank you for the calculator.

IF I could get DH on board with rolling over the entire amount of my van payment onto his truck, then rolling that onto the house, we could be debt free by March 2016. How cool would that be! Even if I only roll my van over we could be paid off in September 2018. Wonder if my van will last that long?
Old 01-15-2009, 02:02 PM   #263  

Height: 5'7"

Depends on what you want to do with it. If you want it in cubes, I do it the way Billie mentioned. If you don't care about its form (if you want to do soup or some other kind of mash/puree), I cut in half, de-seed, and roast in the skin. Skin is very easy to slip off after roasting.
Old 01-15-2009, 02:10 PM   #264  
Mind over platter

S/C/G: 215/195/144

I like the pic Jaime, it is flattering...a cool, woman of mystery
Old 01-15-2009, 02:28 PM   #265  
Accepting who she is

S/C/G: 173/see ticker/138

Quote:
Originally Posted by zinkemomx2 View Post
Thank you for the calculator.

IF I could get DH on board with rolling over the entire amount of my van payment onto his truck, then rolling that onto the house, we could be debt free by March 2016. How cool would that be! Even if I only roll my van over we could be paid off in September 2018. Wonder if my van will last that long?
Debt snowball!

I am having a bad food day. If I stay OP the rest of the day, I will still be at target, but that leaves NO wiggle room. Meara wanted cheese and crackers, so I joined her. Full servings of both. And two kinds of cheese. Thank god it is a gym day.
Old 01-15-2009, 02:53 PM   #266  
NROL4W-Stage 5

S/C/G: 207/148.5/125

Height: 5'1.25"

Jaime, I agree with Manick, I like your new profile pic
Old 01-15-2009, 03:00 PM   #267  
Former Quitter

Jaime, looking good!

Thanks for the tofu and butternut squash suggestions. I'll be using the squash in my tacos.

I ended up on back to back calls and didn't get a lunch. Looks like I'll be working out after work.
Old 01-15-2009, 04:20 PM   #268  

S/C/G: obese/obese/healthy

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopefulpinkangel View Post
Heather-You totally deserve new workout clothes!

Well it's OP Day #14 for me and I'm getting stronger by the day. I need to eat more during the day because I came home yesterday and even after dinner I had way too many points left. I really need to spread them out more. That is my goal for today.
Being hungry at the end of the day is horrid for me personally. It's when my willpower is at it's lowest and I do not need any excuse.

I bought two pairs of pants today!!

Quote:
Question: I'm planning one of our veggie meals tonight. I have a jar of coconut curry that I picked up at WF and some firm (not extra firm) tofu that I planned on using in the curry. Will regular firm tofu work well? Should I saute it first? Or, is tofu a good idea in curry?
Quote:
I hack off part of the stem, peel, slice, do the rest. Generally about 3 sections per squash. It's not pretty but it works. I use a knife - I can't get a veggie peeler to work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by onthetee View Post
I am having a bad food day. If I stay OP the rest of the day, I will still be at target, but that leaves NO wiggle room. Meara wanted cheese and crackers, so I joined her. Full servings of both. And two kinds of cheese. Thank god it is a gym day.
I'm sorry. Cheese is evil. I've already eaten dinner at 4:15 so it'll be a long night for me.

Going to buy shoes today instead of Saturday! woot woot! Bought two new pairs of workout pants with moola G-ma and G-pa gave me for Birthday. Roommate just called to make sure I liked carrot cake so I'm guessing there is one coming this way. Luckily I do like it but not enough to binge out on it. Okay have a few homework questions then off to the running store and then class.
Old 01-15-2009, 05:51 PM   #269  

Another fan of Jme's new pic. You look good!

I mentioned snowballing debt to DH. We had talked once before about rolling van onto truck and he was okay with that. When both vehicles are paid off though he is talking about buying a new truck instead of paying off the van. Idiot.

Last edited by zinkemomx2; 01-15-2009 at 05:54 PM.
Old 01-15-2009, 05:56 PM   #270  
Former Quitter

Quote:
Originally Posted by zinkemomx2 View Post
I mentioned snowballing debt to DH. We had talked once before about rolling van onto truck and he was okay with that. When both vehicles are paid off though he is talking about buying a new truck instead of paying off the van. Idiot.
Yeah. He's just not getting it.

I'm starving, but have a headache. Maybe I'll just go to bed hungry.
Closed Thread