Closed Thread

Old 08-22-2008, 04:34 PM   #181  
Formerly know as Fauxtini

S/C/G: 369.2/ticker/235

Height: 6'1

Red! congrats on finishing your 21 day no sugar challenge!! im proud of you!!

I went camping for a week and didn't go off plan.. not once! Im happy i didnt stray from plan.
Old 08-22-2008, 05:15 PM   #182  

S/C/G: 230/179/150

Height: 5'7"

Faux! Congrats on not going off plan!!! That's impressive--I am sure I will not be able to say the same thing when I get back from Vegas--I'm just hoping to keep it real. Did you lose with all the extra exercise?

Apple--thanks for the congrats! Sounds like you are becoming newly motivated--yaay!

Red--yes, congrats on doing 21 days w/o sugar! Now have a well-deserved cookie or something.....

Exercise: 3 days
Booze: 3 days
Journal: 23 days
Old 08-22-2008, 05:22 PM   #183  
Never give up

S/C/G: 78 kg/71/65?

Height: 5'1.5"

Cool sugar binge!

Well, I'm feeling pretty bad due to a major sugar binge yesterday....jeez, what's the point!?!?! There was no need. I just did it and it wasn't with great food either. Total binge. Ah well. That's why I canNOT allow myself to go off these challenges. At least it was more or less planned....gotta run.

modcat, faux!! Thanks!!!

jolly -- Hi there. Sounds like you're holding your own despite the craziness. I really am impressed with you these past months. Wow! Just where are you going on your cruise, if you don't mind telling us? New outfits? That must have felt good!

Where I stand on Saturday (not including Saturday)
CHALLENGES:

NO sugar 21 days completed/no pauses of 3 left

NEW CHALLENGES:

No booze 3 days completed/no pauses allowed (started Aug. 20)
No smoking 3 days completed/no pauses allowed (started Aug. 20)

No alcohol current straight 4 days/longest straight thus far June 28-August 3 = 36 days
No sugar current straight 0 days/longest straight was 39 days (July 1-Aug. 9)
No cigs current straight 3 days/longest straight was 38 days straight July 1-Aug. 8
No processed foods current straight 0 day/longest straight 40 days (July 1-Aug.10)

Last edited by redballoon; 08-23-2008 at 01:03 AM.
Old 08-22-2008, 07:06 PM   #184  

Mod: my weigh in is tomorrow.. so we will see how the weight loss went

I passed out yesterday (first time in my life) and I think it was due to lack of water/too much heat.. but im taking it easy for a couple of days.. dont want to mess my body up. so no exercise yesterday or today. I dont like not exercising.. but im feeling weak... wanna see whats up before I push my body
too hard again.

Red: it's crazy how when your body isn't used to sugar.. then has some.. it just makes you feel icky in the end. Try having different prizes for finishing a goal instead( im sure you know that already) hehe but yeah.. sometimes t takes getting kinda sick from going back on something to relaize.. eww.. i dont wanna do that again! hehe
here's to another 21 days!
Old 08-23-2008, 12:23 PM   #185  

Hey all. Hi Red. i am going to the Bahamas. The exact same cruise I did last year, and we want to enjoy more of the same. I am treating myself to some shopping, so that all of my clothes on the trip fit great. CAn't wait. You can do it with your challenges. I agree with Faux - it is amazing how what used to taste and feel so good, so quickly becomes disgusting. I am pretty much fazing out my "free" day because of that. I was eating because I could, and it was just yucky.

Faux - hope you are feeling better. Get it checked out if you are not 'kay? Nothing to mess with!

Mod - have fun in Vegas. I am really hoping to go there again next year for a marathon. JUST SAY NO TO THE BUFFETS

I am ok. Ate too much this morning, which left me sleepy and drained. I am trying to recharge my batteries while having a busy weekend, since class starts Monday. I am kind of ashamed of myself. 6 mile run today. My sister was going to run a 5k with her boyfriend, so ran the first half with me. i got to the last .75m of the second half, and my mind just said "DONE." Too hard, too much, too alone. I was feeling fine. Joints good, breathing good. But I quit and walked the last. I tried shaming myself into starting jogging again, but just didn't do it. Unacceptable really.

I am trying to figure out how to support a friend. She is about 15 lb overweight, and has plateaued. I keep getting these "F this I am done" emails. She is frustrated, but won't go to doctor, personal trainer, dietician to see what can be done. Hard for me, with 40-45 left to go. I want to tell her it is ok to see how much calories b****ng will burn, though that exercise plan never did much for me. I know that is not what she needs, but am not sure what is.

Have a great day all

Last edited by jollygirl; 08-23-2008 at 12:23 PM.
Old 08-23-2008, 01:07 PM   #186  

30 min exercise,Day 2, 2 pauses left
No beer, Day 3, 2 pauses left
Yes, it looks like lift off. Major hazard coming up, it's our anniversary next week end. I guess that's worth a pause. It will be a bit tough figuring out how to fit in exercise, the 4 year old doesn't start school for another week.

Jolly, I've had runs like that. But you finished it! You sure have a busy life coming up! Just keep thinking about that cruise as you run the 1/2 marathon. You are going to hit the 100's BEFORE that cruise, I bet!!
Red, congrats on finishing that sugar challenge!!
Don't sweat the bine too much, just get right back on challenge!

Faux, you should have saved the pass out for when you weigh in and can't believe how much you've lost!!! Definately take a little rest to be sure you are OK. Sounds like you have good self control with this plan (what is your plan? I can't recall) and you are headed for success!

Hey mod! I've never been to Vegas. Hope you can keep it "real". Vegas "real" might be different from the rest of the country.....
Old 08-23-2008, 02:27 PM   #187  

Apple: My plan is mostly following the glycemic index. (the g.i.diet ) I'm staying away from as much processed stuff as possible and in general.. only eating food that will actually benefit my body. I'm being as active as possible... LOTS of walking and doing the c25k program right now. Also incorporating lots of knowledge from books such as ' the body sense natural diet'.. just being as natural as possible. It's kind of combination of the body sense natural diet and the gi diet. It's definitly a plan I can stick to. I don't have cravings and never feel like im starving/suffering in anyway.

Last edited by mountain mama; 08-23-2008 at 02:29 PM.
Old 08-23-2008, 09:30 PM   #188  
Never give up

Unhappy paying the price...

Ah, heck, yesterday I had another major binge and not just with sugar. I also ate fast food and junk food, something I never do. It was gross but I was in a state and still am (no doubt because of the food). What makes it all the more bizarre is that I know more than ever how bad the things are for me. Actually, I'm wondering if the binge was larger than before or it it only seems larger because I am so much more aware/obsessed over things.

I am really, really feeling like I cannot carry on, I am so tired of trying and trying and it just not working. In earlier years I didn't have to worry about every thing that went in my mouth. Now, it seems that if I don't, my skin worsens immediately. I really need a break from the itching, the scratching, the tornup skin. Yes, the stress is unreal and I read that that is a HUGE leech on the body's stores, so couple that with workouts and pushing myself hard every day and I guess...no, KNOW.... I am just totally run down. Something's got to give, I guess. I thought I could just concentrate on heating SUPER healthy and maybe I can, but that is the price I have to pay. I have to accept that and embrace it.

So, I guess my whining is because I haven't committed to what I know (think) is required in order to get healthy.

Sigh, I guess the only thing to do is to reassess, to clearly look at the cost for value factors in my life.

Don't mind me. I'm just beat down and in dire need of relief from so much. I'm just going to have to try to pull myself out by my bootstraps.....

faux -- Are you all right? That must have been really scary to pass out! I hope you were at home or nowhere dangerous. Aren't you drinking enough water? Heat exhaustion is a very real danger here (until last week, now it's turned cool) and it makes it easier for me to be careful about drinking because that really messes up your system for a good day or two after sobering up.
Yeah, I hear you on the picking better things as rewards for finishing a goal. It seems both logical that I would reach for sugar after abstinence and illogical if the point was to be healthier. I guess there too I have to revisit the WHYS of my challenges.
Well, good luck on your weigh-in!!!

jolly -- Your cruise sounds wonderful! Sigh. Good for you for giving yourself this present. I agree on the free days. The original challenge thread didn't allow for them but I feel they are often key to getting going. Still, I think that a final objective of no pauses is important (except on certain challenges not really conducive to the "everyday" structure). Sounds like you hit a mental toughness wall there with your run. You have ALREADY toughened up incredibly. I guess it's just another level to notch up, just like anything else. It seems like there is no end I guess but you are into NEW levels, new ground! Though usually it's not a good idea to compare, just compare the you today with the you a year ago and give yourself a pat on the back!

Apple -- Congrats on another day notched. It's always tough in the beginning. Good to plan ahead for those difficult times. You could always try the unheard of and attempt to celebrate without booze. Over these past weeks I have truly surprised myself withe the things I have done...gone into bars and NOT ordered alcohol...ordered tea or juice...and NOW, ordered hot tea over iced because the doctor advises not to chill the body. Some of the most surprising aspects have simply been that I was ALLOWED to do these things, that people didn't push me to drink or ask me to leave...lol, that I could have long conversations with people AND that the others would continue drinking even if I didn't. Strange, very strange....it makes me wonder why I was thinking things would be otherwise. That said, I know there is one place I cannot go to and not drink or not be hassled to drink. I had tried many times and they literally ignore me and put the brew on the table before me (I drink there for free). Bizarre or what?
Anyhow, sorry for the ramble. as for your exercise, just notch it way down and do things you can do with a 4-year-old. A big part of the game is mental and just showing up, even if it means some days you can't do much at all. at least you tried, at least you were prepared. I can think of a lot of Pilates you could do with a toddler around.

Where I stand on Sunday (not including Sunday)

NEW CHALLENGES:

Stay tuned....

CHALLENGES:

No booze 4 days completed/no pauses allowed (started Aug. 20)
No smoking 4 days completed/no pauses allowed (started Aug. 20)

No alcohol current straight 5 days/longest straight thus far June 28-August 3 = 36 days
No sugar current straight 0 days/longest straight was 39 days (July 1-Aug. 9)
No cigs current straight 4 days/longest straight was 38 days straight July 1-Aug. 8
No processed foods current straight 0 day/longest straight 40 days (July 1-Aug.10)

Last edited by redballoon; 08-23-2008 at 09:33 PM.
Old 08-23-2008, 10:03 PM   #189  
Never give up

Exclamation NEW thread started!!!

Do NOT post here! The new thread is up!! Please click the link below and we'll see you there!!

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...<br /> <br />

Last edited by redballoon; 08-24-2008 at 02:46 AM.
Old 08-24-2008, 12:32 AM   #190  
Keep Chuggin'

S/C/G: 166/150/120

Height: 5'1"

Hi All

I'm totally nuts. I went away for the weekend to a friend's house to avoid hosting my in-laws (my DH is away - remember? he wanted my in-laws to come WHILE HE WAS AWAY- AARGH) The only way I could get out of it was by not being here. Sheesh - I need to learn to be more assertive.

On Friday I was totally stressed - I don't usually work on Fridays and it's my day to sleep, but I had to go to work and then get home and deal with all the kids and go to my friend's house (no CAR!!) and I was sooooo stressed out that I ate 3 chocolate bars!!! Okay - they were mini ones - but I haven't touched that kind of stuff for 12 weeks! And it was all downhill from there.. Overate Friday night, had junk this morning, Heck - I need some support. I'm so frustrated. I thought while my DH was away -I'd have some time to get the house together and maybe even a day or 2 to myself in the morning - to just laze around. I need a break so badly. And when he's here - he's unemployed and always in the house and makes me nuts. But my schedule at work is so hectic for these days while he's gone that there's no chance for anything of the sort.
Sorry for the vent
Old 08-24-2008, 02:45 AM   #191  
Never give up

Exclamation NEW thread started!!!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!! STOP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Do NOT post here! The new thread is up!! Please click the link below and we'll see you there!!

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...7<br /> <br />

Last edited by redballoon; 08-24-2008 at 02:47 AM.
Closed Thread