Closed Thread

Old 08-09-2008, 02:52 PM   #121  
Formerly know as Fauxtini

S/C/G: 369.2/ticker/235

Height: 6'1

Jolly: But you finished it and you didn't give up even though you wanted to.. and that counts for ALOT! Im proud of you even if you aren't!

I used up my last pause yesterday... but I think it was well needed- bad day.. over tired.. blahblahblah.. my work out today kicked some but though! Im proud of myself. Im doing the c25k and even though im only on week one.. im proud of myself so far

I may have to start on day one of this challenge in the furture before the 21.. but that's ok.. im doing my best
Old 08-09-2008, 07:54 PM   #122  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

I'm onlyy here to work Jolly, nothing special and rarely get to see the outside of the hotel or office. Boring really
Old 08-10-2008, 12:11 AM   #123  

S/C/G: 198/155/150

Height: 5ft6"

Hello everyone~ Hope ya all are having a good weekend.

Level 2 day 9: weight training hips back and calves 1 pause day left
Level 2 day 10: cardio 1 hour stepping 1 pause day left
Level 2 day 10: ab workout 125 upper crunches 50 oblique crunches. 1 pause day left

My legs are still a little bit wobbly, but I got my challenge done for today! Pat
Old 08-10-2008, 02:30 AM   #124  
Keep Chuggin'

S/C/G: 166/150/120

Height: 5'1"

Day 3- 3 meals
Day 6 - me time
Day 6 - serenity

HAPPY B-DAY RED!!! How old are you now? Did you do anything fun?

I'm skipping a day of food today - but it doesn't count as a mess up really - it's the ninth day if the lunar month of Av and we fast to mourn the destruction of the holy temple, so if I'm not allowed to eat - i'm not really messing up - right?

Fish - good to see you back here. I hope you're feeling better, and it's good that you're under medical supervision. i'm not practitioner but I've gone through my fair share of pregnancies and had a lot of ups and downs,don't worry too much about it because that'll will - paradoxically - just make things worse. Make sure you make time for yourself now, go to the beach, bubble bath - you know, fun stuff and enjoy the feeling of having Magnus inside and growing a little new person inside of you. It's something we should cherish as we only do it for a very limited amount of times in our entire lives....

WTG Jolly@! Hopefully it will be even easier next time!

Apple, Faux, Shad, Pat - hello!!
Old 08-10-2008, 07:25 AM   #125  
Never give up

S/C/G: 78 kg/71/65?

Height: 5'1.5"

Where I stand on Sunday (including Sunday)

CHALLENGES:
Food and exercise journal. Day 13 completed no pauses.
New COUNT for below four:
No booze Day 11 completed 1 pause of 3 left
No sugar Day 11 completed 1 pause of 3 left
No cigs Day 12 completed 1 pause of 1 left
No processed foods Day 11 completed 1 pause of 3 left

No alcohol /current straight 2 days/longest straight thus far June 28-August 3 = 36 days
No sugar 39 days straight (July 1-Aug. 9) now fallen
No cigs current straight 2 days (longest straight was 38 days straight July 1-Aug. 8 now fallen
No processed foods 40 days straight now fallen (July 1-Aug.10)

Last edited by redballoon; 08-10-2008 at 08:05 AM.
Old 08-10-2008, 08:26 AM   #126  
Never give up

Unhappy not doing too well still....

Hi all. Thanks for all your encouragement and birthday wishes, really. I needed it and need it still. Things are really depressing and scary and I'm in a bad way. Never really felt this way before, very disoriented. But, I did feel a burst of energy today for a bit.
My challenges are nearly blown. I went off sugar and haven't gotten back on. As you may have noticed, I have rather illegally changed my pause level midstream. Ah well, better than starting over.
I'm going to have to go for another record streak. All or nothing is the ONLY way I can do things. It's just the ugly truth.

miriam -- I don't discuss my age anymore....uh-hum, uh-hum, so you know about where that puts me.... Fun on my birthday? Yes and no. Lots of drinking and I did have some laughs but the talk was pretty serious what with the problems at work and all. My challenges toppled, well, beer and cigs on my birthday. I never planned to not have them topple, to be truthful. Cigs is back on, but not sugar yet. In fact, that didn't go till Saturday. Booze is going back on the wagon again. I do NOT feel good.
Good for you on your challenges and, no, I would say a religious fast day should just be ignored on your challenge.

Dixie -- You're moving right along, aren't you? And thank YOU!

faux -- Sorry you had a bad day. They're going around, it seems. Just keep going. You're doing fine and you should be proud!!

jolly -- Thanks for all your kind words. Oh, don't be bummed. Half that down feeling is just from the exhaustion for sure. You'll have bad runs and good ones. Don't focus on the result. The main thing is you did it!! Don't lose sight of that.

mod -- No problem on missing my birthday. I was pretty out of it the next day, though I did go out for dinner and met a friend. Didn't go in for a second session of acupuncture/acupressure because I knew it would HURT! Get back on the wagon! I am too!

Apple -- Thanks for the support and kind words. The lawyer isn't doing anything yet. Hoping this week will get things rolling. It was bad last week, really bad. It's all so bizarre, being toppled from my position on the whim of a little spoiled rich girl. You can do your goal, Apple. Don't worry about setting in again. Instead, be proud of yourself for not giving up!

Fish -- I'm very concerned about you and do hope you'll get an excellent support system around you. I could see how you would be at risk if for one thing just the fact that you are a professional who now finds herself put into a new mode. It's a HUGE change. Add those thoughts (and they will be there, deep down or right in your face screaming) to the hormonal megaswings and discomfort of pregnancy and...well, if I were you, I'd have someone standing by at all times to put me in a straitjacket! Knowing the risk is a good thing. You can plan for feeling crazy or whatever. Just push through now. Like Apple said, it's chemical, sure, you may be depressed anyhow, but the chemical swings make it all the worse. Postpartum depression is not just feeling sad, as I'm sure you know. It's a massive swing and yes dangerous. Not just for your baby but YOU! Please just have someone there for you if possible, even if it means bringing in help. Sorry to sound alarmist but I have known people who had it bad. I won't go into the details but please take care of yourself!

Well, sorry if I was short on words with some. I'm just not dong too well, but had to come in for a bit. You've all been too kind.

Last edited by redballoon; 08-10-2008 at 05:35 PM.
Old 08-10-2008, 04:41 PM   #127  

Good luck with the lawyer this week REd. I hope you get something worked out soon.

I am in a vicious bad mood today, and not sure why. Hopefully i will get it out of me soon

Everyone - have a GREAT day.
Old 08-11-2008, 01:22 AM   #128  

S/C/G: 230/179/150

Height: 5'7"

Weighed myself today: 200.2. Yay! I felt good today, so I worked out one hour at gym with my trainer and a second workout (C25K) for 30-35 minutes this evening with my dogs. Also have been eating OP for last 3 days. I just wish I could ALWAYS feel the way I felt today--full of energy, motivated, disciplined, satisfied with my food choices, content.

Food journal has really been helping me and it's becoming a good habit. Day 13 today.

Exercise every day: day 4
No booze or soda: day 2

I hope everyone feels much better tomorrow and can get back on their wagons or persevere. We all have our up and down days, sometimes due to circumstances totally beyond our control. We all know this isn't easy for any of us.
Old 08-11-2008, 07:19 AM   #129  
Keep Chuggin'

S/C/G: 166/150/120

Height: 5'1"

Wow Modcat - nearly in onederland!

Hey Jolly - bad mood is contagious, haha.. i've got it today...

Red! You were planning a break in your challenges for your b-day - cheer up! I hope work is going better for you. Work is my lifeline - without it - I don't know where I' d be........ Way off the deep end for sure!

Note: Fasting aids weight loss, haha.

Day 3 - 3 meals
Day 7 - me time
Day 7 - serenity prayer
Old 08-11-2008, 08:05 AM   #130  

Hey all. So that is where the mood went Miriam! I was wondering, as it seemed to have left me when I woke up this morning. I am truly sorry, as NOBODY deserves that mood. i hope it leaves you soon.

My sister popped in for a bit last night, and between that and a nice short run this morning, I am feeling better. Still feel completely incompetent computer wise, but reminded myself that I am going to school for law, not computer programming or repair, so not to despair.

Here's to a great day for everyone And mood free!
Old 08-11-2008, 11:13 AM   #131  

red! Remember not to worry about what happened in the past with your diet.. just look forward and focus on now I hope this week is looking somewhat brighter. When im really down I force myself to try to think of 3 good things in my life right now. Its crazy what positive thinking can do for a person. I know how corny it sounds... but hey.. whatever works! Im thinkin of ya hun!

modcat! Way to go at the gym and whatnot. I think i need a trainer. people and my surroundings really motivate me.

As for me.. I feel 'almost' totally in control of my eating.. NEVER Has that happened in my life. I wish i could see results faster.. lol but im getting over that. I need to up my working out.. but im sticking to my c25k and at least a 3-5 k walk almost everyday.
Im contemplating another shrink of portion sizes and a new additon to the work out. I just dont wanna make my goals too big and ruinwhat i got goin now.
Old 08-11-2008, 04:16 PM   #132  
Never give up

Unhappy I do need to persevere....

Hi people. I'm abandoning the journal challenge. I'll still do it a bit but it's not helping me and is even hurting because then I feel like I failure when I don't do it. I'd rather focus on eating good food and don't need to record that to know.
I am too overwhelmed and down to deal with this. That's the simple truth, embarrassing as it may be.
I do NOT want another responsibility.
Bad nightmares the other night but none last night.
I am forcing myself to make the vegetable juice again.
Had another acupressure/acupuncture session (takes so long to type it in English...Japanese shiatsu/hari is much easier...) but things like that don't show any immediate results that I can tell. In fact, I feel more pain/discomfort afterward. Let's hope it's leading to something good...

jolly -- Thanks. Not a word yesterday. I know these people are busy but I do get scared that nothing is happening with the labor advisor/lawyer. Glad to hear the mood is better. I have to very consciously control mine from going out of control. I am in a very fragile state....I am having to draw on ALL my self-restraint/control, positive thinking, especially at work, and it's exhausting.

modcat -- Isn't it nice to feel that way? Amazing when it happens. Thanks for the well wishes.

miriam -- Congrats on nearing onederland!!! Actually, I'm glad work (at least the present one) has NEVER been my lifeline. Otherwise, I would have flung myself in front of a train and been one of Japan's 30,000 suicides a year long ago.

faux -- That's a helpful thought, thinking about three good things in my life. We forget so easily and they are there. I keep telling myself I mustn't be scared but then I wonder if I shouldn't be. Uhh....me of such little faith. Good for you for feeling in such control. Hurrah! Hope the feeling continues! YOU can help it!

Where I stand on Tuesday (not including Tuesday)

CHALLENGES:
Food and exercise journal. Ending this.

New COUNT for below four:
No booze Day 12 completed 1 pause of 3 left
No sugar Day 12 completed 1 pause of 3 left
No cigs Day 12 completed no pauses of 1 left
No processed foods Day 12 completed 1 pause of 3 left

No alcohol current straight 3 days/longest straight thus far June 28-August 3 = 36 days
No sugar current straight 1 day/longest straight was 39 days (July 1-Aug. 9)
No cigs current straight 3 days/ longest straight was 38 days straight July 1-Aug. 8
No processed foods current straight 1 day/40 days straight (July 1-Aug.10)

Last edited by redballoon; 08-11-2008 at 04:20 PM.
Old 08-11-2008, 06:55 PM   #133  

Red!
concerning the journalling... I find that its' realy helpful when you fall of the wagon and need to up your accountability. I was all Over the journal for the first couples weeks of me picking myself up after fall off the wagon. Ive strayed frmo it now.. but im still doing good. If i catch myself thinking about or cheating.. I will be right back on journalling. If you dont think it's necessary.. no worries!!

ps.. did you think of three good things for yoru day??
Old 08-11-2008, 10:32 PM   #134  

S/C/G: 198/155/150

Height: 5ft6"

I am going to have to start all over. My body is rebelling, I have woke up in the night 2 nights now with pain in my left hip and left shoulder. My left hand has numbness in the ring and pinky fingers. Before I need a shot of cortizone in my hip again I better back off the hip, butt weight training. Let cardio take care of that and keep going on the abs arms chest shoulders. Do I just drop that from the challenge of just start over. I have continued with the cardio. Catch ya all later. Pat
Old 08-12-2008, 08:00 AM   #135  

Just wanted to drop in and say Mood continues to be a little edgy. Workouts are good. Food, well, i don't have a challenge yet. Am just trying to make healthy choices.

Sending good vibes to all of you :
Closed Thread