Closed Thread

Old 03-27-2008, 11:58 AM   #61  

Height: 5'5"

Hello ladies! Wow what a chatty bunch. DH is on vacation, so I have been around, just not posting. THings are well, but makin git to the gym has been a challenge, but hopefully we will go today. Have some errands to run first, but should be able to make it, and take the kiddies swimming. Have to run see you all later!
Old 03-27-2008, 12:54 PM   #62  
I can dream, can't I?

Hello all...I have been reading some, just not "speaking up." Keeping up on what you good ladies have been doing, and you have been chatty.

We had a couple nice days, which got me a 2 mile walk one day and just 1 mile yesterday. I made a mistake yesterday, and won't do that again. I ate a late breakfast, so didn't eat again until dinner. I tried to walk in the late afternoon and got very weak and shaky. DH thought I was getting the flu but after I came inside and sat for a minute I told him I hadn't eaten since my cereal. Soooo, I will make sure I am fueled up before i try to walk again. On top of that though I am having pains in my side again...like when they gave me every test imaginable and couldn't find anything wrong. I just hope it doesn't progress into a worse pain...this one I can and have been tolerating off and on since 2003.

Food has been pretty good for me this week, when I eat. lol. DD bought me a light cookbook for the crock pot and today I have a Mexican casserole in it. It smels so darn good I am drooling..and still have half the day to go before I can eat it. It is basically lean gr. beef, onions, green peppers, beans, tomatoes, tom. sauce, and taco seasoning. Cook that for several hours..add instant rice the last half hour and cook until done, top with ff cheese and serve. I was trying to decide what to serve with it and picked a salad and light quesidillas. I will just make then with ff cheese and salsa.

I have to go to the grocery this afternoon...not in the mood. Meijer has a ton of things on sale for a dollar...buy 10 get one item free. So, we stock up. Last week they had the wine we like and Bailey's that DH and mom like. Our grocery bill was mostly alcoholic as we stocked up. LOL

Started spring cleaning and crawled around the tops of the cabinets on a ladder last week. Whew! Those upper cabinets that are open on top get so dusty...and I have "stuff" sitting one them, so had to take it all down and clean. Then I bought 3 pottery pieces for my plant shelf and got that all arranged. I was up and down the ladder all day...and then back up the next morning when, after looking at the arrangement all evening I decided it wasn't "quite right." I have also done the woodwork cleaning and ceiling fan brigade. Yesterday I was in the yard cutting out dead grasses and loping off some branches. I have some lillies up about 4 inches already and the irises I planted are peeking through.

Mom has been doing quite well except for dizziness from some meds. She has to move cautiously. She will get the epidural on Mon. and we have our *fingers crossed* that will ease her pain. She needs to get off some of the pain meds. for sure. After losing so much weight she is now eating anything not nailed down and has gained back a few pounds. She needs about 15 more to be a good weight. (wish I could give her some of mine) Thank you all for asking about her and keeping her in your prayers. In Sept. I would have never thought that we would still have her here this Spring, much less have her feeling so much better. Prayers are answered.

Okay..I have rambled long enough and I need to get my rear in gear. I am slowly getting back to normal and leaving my stress and worries behind, so I will be more gabby....how can I be more gabby you might ask? Just wait. No, j/k.
Old 03-27-2008, 08:37 PM   #63  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Just wanted to share:

Better Abs Without Crunches!

Hi, Welcome to eDiets News Section. Check out this Article below

http://www.ediets.com/eDiets/jsps/ho....jsp?id=600014
Old 03-28-2008, 12:47 AM   #64  
starting over again......

S/C/G: 261.4/261.4/200

Height: 5'4"

hello ladies....how are you all doing?

is it time for school again? Brandon and Logan are driving me bonkers since they don't get time apart! they will like it though....we are getting somewhat pounded by a spring snow storm....lovely let me tell ya! Logan has started this thing just recently where we think that he might have been an Indian dancer in a past life! He will stop what he is doing just to dance around in a circle and from the pow wow that we took them to last fall, I recognize some of the things. but he hasn't been to one, nor has he seen any other dances since then! so I mentioned to Tommy that I think he might have a kindred spirit.

we are also going to get both boys a potty chair that sits on the floor so that they can each go when they need to. I put the last package of diapers in the closet Thursday. I told Brandon "mommy just put the last package of diapers in the closet. how about we make that the last package of diapers that we buy for you and brother?" To which Tommy said "well, Logan still needs them." I said "not if we buy them each a new potty chair that will be their own and they can start to use them. and we can buy them the white cloud pull ups from now on. I want to get as many out of diapers as I can while the gettin' is good!"

I hope you all have a great and relaxing Friday! not really sure exactly what our plans include. I know that we have to run to Wal-Mart but other then that.....I am not really sure what else. Tommy isn't sure if he has to work on Saturday or not....so it will more then likely be an inside night and early to bed for every one!
Old 03-28-2008, 03:03 AM   #65  
I was born this way hey!

S/C/G: Not telling/Shh/150

Just stopping by to say goodnight to everyone.
Old 03-28-2008, 11:19 AM   #66  
GmaTo8

TGIF!!

Mindee - good luck with the potty training. I think they'll do just fine, especially since there are 2, they will each want praise when they do their "job". You''ll be saving megabucks on diapers!

Sassy - haha about being moved again. Hopefully you'll get to stay put for a long while! Did you get a new cable box?

Ellen - sounds like you've had a busy week with your DH being on vacation. Mary's kids just got new swimsuits before they get picked over. They'll need them for our Florida trip.

Francie -

Sue - glad to hear from you! I never did get all of my spring cleaning done! My housework is getting lower and lower on the priority list. I paid Mary to vacuum/sweep/mop all of the floors in the house. It just kills my back and knees to do it myself. I have a lite crock pot recipe book, too, and just love it! You wouldn't know most of those recipes are lite. Watch the portion sizes, though. Some of them are awfully small for the calories and fat.

Tomorrow is the big day! The DDs, along with the caterer, are decorating the pavilion today. I'm ready to party!!

Have a good weekend, and I'll chat at ya on Sunday!
Old 03-28-2008, 11:31 AM   #67  

Height: 5'1"

It's Friday ladies!!

It's been a long short week! I'm just ready for the day to be over.

Been getting my exercising in and eating pretty good. The warm weather will be approaching soon and I would like to look and feel good in summer clothes. So I need to keep w/it.

Not a lot planned for the weekend. I want to stop by DD and her dads new place, then go down and visit my grandpa if he's home. Then it's a day of cleaning house. More like organizing.

I need to get moving and get my day started. I will catch up on indi's this weekend.

You all have a great Friday!!
Old 03-28-2008, 11:36 AM   #68  
I was born this way hey!

everyone!!

I'm so glad its finally friday. Dh will be home tomorrow!! And I woke up to snow this morning, so I'm pretty happy right now. I was supposed to be working out right about now, but I started messing around with Myspace, lol. I just changed my page & song, and I love listening to it. Well, I'm gonna go do work out right now. BBL

Last edited by Shopaholic1204; 03-28-2008 at 11:36 AM.
Old 03-28-2008, 01:27 PM   #69  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

Hello Ladies

Sorry I haven't been around much. Got another perm Wednesday. For some reason they just don't last as long any more. I'm not getting it highlighted this time to see if it helps it last longer. Went to store yesterday to get fruits and veggies. Every "healthy" diet stresses eating a minimum of 5 fruits and veggies a day. Since DH and I eat only one meal a day, I figure we can eat veggies and fruits for snacks. Maybe I'll lose some weight in the process as well. I love the springtime when good fresh fruits come out.

We are staying busy getting ready for our trip next month. It is approaching really fast. Next week is really busy so I'll try to drop in here as much as possible. I talked to DGD in TX this morning and baby Kianna came home yesterday. So all is fine there.

Mindee - Good luck on the potty training. I agree with Jane. It will go so much better doing 2 at the same time.

Jane - Have fun at the party.

Everybody else - Have a great day and weekend!

Hugs,
Trish
Old 03-28-2008, 03:48 PM   #70  
I was born this way hey!

Just saying a quick Hello to everyone. I'm freezing my bootay off right now so I'm gonna go warm up in the bedroom. BBL!!
Old 03-28-2008, 03:49 PM   #71  
I can dream, can't I?

Well, I put off grocery shopping until today. Just ran out of time yesterday. So, I took off by myself earlier and went to two stores and walked around before groceries. Needed to be alone I guess. Actually got a few ideas for decorating and yard things....kind of fun sometimes to "window" shop.

The crock pot meal was good. I will make it again. Some of the recipes I just put a note on when we don't like them so I won't waste my time making them in the future. If we liked them I make a recipe card. This one actually heated up well today and a spoonful in a wheat tortilla made a lite lunch.

Jane- My DGD used to ask me for jobs and I could pay her to wipe down wood work and doors. Now she has a job....so I have to do it myself. Mom did the floors while I was gone today....yay that I don't have to do it and YAY that she feels like doing it. (Swifter)

Trish- I wish DH would let me get by with feeding us once a day. I am trying to get him to do brunch and dinner. That alone would help. I always have fruit and low cal. snacks we can have between meals.

Marti- Congrats with the eating and exercising. Have a nice week-end.

Mindee- Like others said...the potty training might go better with both boys doing it. Hope so....would be a good break to get rid of diapers for them.

Sassy- Have a good week-end.

Hi to everyone else. I have no w.e. plans, but Mon. is Mom's day for her epidural. *fingers crossed*

DH opened his shop on March 1st and built a nightstand to match the tv armoire he had made for the spare br. Now he has finished 2 printer tables for me. I am putting one on either side of my desk (an oak library table) to hold my 2 printers and all my paper, photo supplies, etc. I am so ready to pull the desk out, clean and re-do all those wires. ha.. Should look so much better.
Old 03-29-2008, 12:33 AM   #72  
starting over again......

S/C/G: 261.4/261.4/200

Height: 5'4"

well, it is safe to say that the race is on and so far Brandon is in first place! and by race, I mean the race to potty training!

we went to Wal-Mart tonight and got them each their own potty chair that sits on the floor. we have been attempting to use the one that goes over the big toilet, and neither one of them have been two enthused with it lately. so, I figured that if we got them each their own potty, then they would want to go on it more often, and that way we can kill two birds with one stone and get them both potty trained at the same time!

well, we got home, and they both instantly wanted to sit on it after daddy got them put together. Brandon for some reason had to strip all the way down to being naked to sit on his, so of course Logan had to follow suit. Sure enough, Brandon went potty on the potty. So, he got to put two stickers on his almost filled potty chart. Logan wanted to put some on his, but we had to tell him that he had to go potty on his potty in order to get them. Tommy came in with the stickers and asked if Logan had gone, and I said "well, if farting counts, then yeah he did!"

So, now we are on the path to getting them potty trained! we picked them up some pull ups. Logan will get pull ups during the day and a diaper at night time. we are even going to cut back on them getting their cups right before bed, since like Tommy pointed out, that is why they go potty so much at night!

It felt weird walking through Wal-Mart with a basket full of potty training supplies, lunch meat, bread, and stuff for dinner for Saturday night! But, it felt even weirder walking through the store with a notebook of paper and a thermometer for temping!

for the past couple of months, things have been getting so chaotic around here, that we have had a couple of months with the thought in our heads of "is she going to come this month? are we that percentage that a tubal doesn't work for?" and this is now going to put an end to all those guessing games! Tommy kept telling me "why do we need to buy that? when you had the surgery for a reason." I kept telling him all through Wal-Mart that I don't want to play the "is she going to come? is she not going to show?" every month! I want to know for a fact that I can go back to knowing exactly when she is going to show up so I won't have to get that inkling that we might have another baby. (I know I know.....I am getting way ahead of myself....but after I had signed the papers to get the procedure done, I did check to see what the percentages were!) so I will be starting that all over again in the morning! I need to get back into the habit of getting up early to get Brandon ready for school anyways.....so why not start with taking my temp first, and then going about my day!

thanks ladies for the nice comments about potty training them both at the same time. Logan, I could tell, really wanted to go potty on the potty, but he had stage fright or something and couldn't end up going! but I am hoping that it will be so much easier with both of them doing it at once!

right now, we have been getting their diapers from my mom......so we really haven't *paid* for them in a while. But we will be having to buy Marissa some here soon once the ones my mom gave us are gone. She is currently in a size 3, but I noticed when I changed her Friday afternoon, that he pudgy little legs were getting a little too big for the current diapers! so, it would be nice to only have to buy diapers for one instead of three! Plus, with the pediatrician looking at me and saying "you really need to get him on the potty once he gets up and every 30 minutes from then since he IS going to be 4 years old next month!"

Jane~ Have fun at the party! I can't wait to see some pictures of the party!

Marti~ Have a great weekend!!

Francie~ Have fun with Fonzo!!!

Sue~ Have a great weekend!!!!

Trish~ That is great news about little Kianna!!!! Did they find out what it was? I have noticed a lot of commercials with women with curly hair, and I miss my perm that I had when Logan was born! I loved having the curls....but I just didn't have the time to keep up with the curls! I would love to get a perm again.....maybe soon!

nothing big planned here......just sitting in the bathroom....I mean potty training the boys! Tommy has to work on Saturday so we are nothing doing anything.....we even bought our dinner Friday night while we were at Wal-Mart so that we wouldn't have to go out! I know we have a lot of things that we need to do organizationally before B and M's party on the 26th. So, maybe we will get a head start with all that stuff on Sunday! (wish me luck on convincing Tommy!!)
Old 03-29-2008, 07:49 PM   #73  

evening ladies! what a week! Actually not much was done with Dh being off, but we did spend time together as a family. Very worn out today???not sure why...will keep plugging along tho. Dh and I Are going to go to the gym tomorrow after church, kinda a last ditch effort, but itis something. Well, have to get moving will chat at you ladies in the morning.

& to all!
Old 03-29-2008, 08:13 PM   #74  

Height: 5'1"

Hello gals.

Trying to organize the house a little. Too much clutter and it's really starting to bother me. So trying to spend some time doing that.

Eating and exercise is still going well. Trying to stay on track and do better. Not everyday is perfect but at least I'm trying.

Jane--I hope you're having a wonderful time this weekend! Tell us all about it when you can.

Mindee--Good idea to get both boys trained. I only had my girl and once I made the decision to potty train....we had no problems. I was shocked, but pretty happy.

Sassy--Have you decided which day to use your floating holiday? Outlet mall shopping sounds like fun! DD & I have plans to do that this summer.

Sue--How is your mom feeling today? I hope that when she gets her epidural that she'll feel much better. I have to make sure I eat or snack on something before I walk too. That feeling of weakness is no fun.

Francie--That top you posted a photo of....darn cute!! I like the back of it. And I also like the purse. Cute stuff.

Trish--Congratulations on the new DGGD. I'm happy to hear that Kianna is home now. How exciting to have a new baby in the family. My brother and GF are due in May and my sister and BIL are due in September. Two babies in our family this year.

Ellen--
I haven't made it to the gym since January. I need to just go! But for some reason I just haven't. Been busy, (an excuse I know) Need to make time for it.

Tammy--How are you feeling after going back to work after surgery? Any pain or is all good? Some day I'll get a TT, would like to next year, but after redoing the house....will be a few more years.

Hello to anyone I am missing! I need to get back to cleaning before I get out the cleaning mode I was in. I needed a break so I thought I would catch up. Break is over now so I better get going.

Have a great evening ladies and I'll chat more tomorrow!!

Old 03-29-2008, 11:29 PM   #75  
I can dream, can't I?

Good evening ladies- Hope you are all having a nice week-end. I have been plotting and planning the bedskirt and valances I am making for the spare br. Going to get the fabric ready tomorrow as I have to iron in the afternoon anyway. (oops, I mean Mon.) Have to hit Hobby Lobby again for some trim I want to use. Other than that I just did laundry and dusted today. Took Baby out for a bit and it was COLD and WINDY. I am ready to move to Florida. Yikes!

Got 2 free nights at the riverboat in the mail today...so planning to get away and do that next week. Depending on how Mom does with her epidural.

Watched a movie tonight on t.v. and am going to go read until I fall asleep. A friend brought me several books by Fern Michaels....about the Sisterhood. I have one down and really enjoying the next one. I have always enjoyed her books.

Happy Sunday to you all.
Closed Thread