Closed Thread

Old 03-21-2008, 10:15 AM   #16  

Height: 5'5"

just a quick one for me again...seems like I never have time on the comp anymore. DH worked overnight, and is now sleeping I am going to hit the gym to get the kids out of the house. We will be going to church this afternoon for Good Friday. No snow here, but DH said it was comming down in the city. Too bad we have to head into it for church. oh well...fifties one day, then snow for the next three.

Later chicas!
Old 03-21-2008, 10:29 AM   #17  
I was born this way hey!

S/C/G: Not telling/Shh/150

Height: 5'3

I have a massive headache and cant sleep!!!!!!!
Old 03-21-2008, 01:26 PM   #18  
ugggg.....

Quickie while baby, hubby and both dogs are crashed out. I took Francie's advice--I went to the chiro today, I actually have more "knots" than I thought. He helped me tremendously--he said I should sleep better tonight and my headache is finally gone. He's on vacation until next Friday but I have an appt then and plus I have my appt to get a massage on Monday. I am still hurting but nothing like I was.

If I feel better tomorrow I be back for indys!!
Old 03-21-2008, 03:32 PM   #19  
starting over again......

S/C/G: 261.4/261.4/200

Height: 5'4"

just popping in here while I got the chance! we got the eggs decorated and they are drying. now, all three of them are asleep. I did have all four (tommy too) sleeping until Tommy's "boss" lady called him to say that he can start vacuuming at 4pm.

well, Tommy had a short lived "promotion" at his work. starting Monday he is back to his 4am to 4pm shift! His boss from that line threw a hissy fit to the guy that moved him to the new line and so he got him back. Tommy wasn't too happy about it, but hey, it is two more hours so the money will be nice!

I know it is late to be eating lunch.....but I am hungry!!
Old 03-21-2008, 04:02 PM   #20  
GmaTo8

Hi ladies,

Francie - I had a pounding sinus headache when I woke up, but took some sinus meds and it's all gone. Hope yours is gone, too. Yeah, I could live in SD if all my family went w/me. We went in early October several years ago, and the ocean was chilly, but we got in, anyway. The Old Town district was neat. We ate at this fancy seafood place, outdoors, with one of those portable fireplace thingies. My family knows that if I win the lottery, I want to pay for us all to spend a week out there. I don't even play the lottery, so I doubt that happens, lol.

Sue - happy birthday to your baby boy! I can see we'll have to have a JL meetup in California, lol. MaryKate lives there, you know. It's sunny and in the 60's here today, but very windy. Everything is turning green. woohoo!

Mindee - yay for the loss! Aw, that was sweet of the bus driver to give the kids a treat. The one who drives the twins does that for Christmas. Oh, I didn't realize that show was on every week! I thought it was a special for one time only. I'll have to check it out.

Marti - sorry your weather is so wintery. We've got some colder air moving in but I'm sure enjoying the sunshine and warm temps right now. Before you know it, I'll complain of the heat, lol. Yay for doing well with the food and execise. I am in maintenance mood with food, but at least I'm not gaining.

Ellen - I should go to church this evening, too. Not sure if I'll make it, though. Are the kids excited about Easter?

Jules - yay, I'm so glad the chiro helped you out. The massage Monday will make you feel better, too. Any big Easter plans?

I've had such a lazy day! I woke up w/a headache but it's gone, and I still haven't done anything productive. Well, I did get the eggs boiled, and cleaned the bathrooms, but that's it! I caught up with some phone calls, though, and that was fun.

I'm headed to the hospital in a bit to see Jackson. Poor little guy has pneumonia. He's been sick a lot in his short life.

Later, taters!
Old 03-21-2008, 05:22 PM   #21  
I was born this way hey!

Mindee~That sucks about Tommy's job. Those are some insane hours!!! Poor guy. Yay for decorating eggs, that is always fun.

Jane~I took some advil and crashed out the second my headache was gone, lol. You know..I think I ate at the same seafood place in Old Town. We didnt even realize it was seafood until it was too late, lol. Dh doesnt eat it, but I think he found something that wasnt seafood. It was pretty nice though. I LOVE Old Town!! Sea World is always a blast too. I'm hoping to visit dh there this summer..so we can hit up Sea World. I dunno if its still free for active duty & their family members.

Well..dh just emailed me to let me know he'll be home tomorrow. So I'm hoping that if its okay with him..we'll color some eggs for Easter. We didnt think he was gonna be able to be home for Easter (this was around the 15th), so we didnt each other baskets and I didnt get my chocolate bunny. Oh well. Maybe I'll get one in the after Easter sales, lol. Well, thats about it. My lazy day continues...

Last edited by Shopaholic1204; 03-21-2008 at 05:22 PM.
Old 03-22-2008, 12:53 AM   #22  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Cool Hi Gurls!!!

Hi Gurls.

I am here. lol. Wed. was a night from he--double hockey sticks at work. Lets just say I can now add "office mover" under my title. I had to move not just once, but 3 times!!!! So frustrating and I was SO sore afterwards!! But at least it was my legs that were sore instead of my back, which is a very good thing!

DH & I had our "date" we ate dinner at a nice little Italian restaurant and went shopping because there were no movies that interested us. We had a very good time.

The Weather has been great, warm and no rain!!!

Take Care,

I hope you all are well!!!!

BIG

Last edited by Sassy_Chick; 03-22-2008 at 12:56 AM.
Old 03-22-2008, 01:02 AM   #23  

just popping back in here before I head off to bed just to start all over again on Saturday!

Saturday will be one busy day for us! we are going to an Easter Egg hunt with all the kids. Then over to my in-law's house for dinner and spending some time over there. Then Sunday we will be relaxing!

We got snowed on tonight.......somewhere between 1"-4" or 4"-8" I didn't look with a ruler so I don't know exactly!

Jane~ Thanks for the nice comments! Yup, that show is on every Sunday at 9pm, at least here in MI it is. I have my DVR set to tape all the new episodes.

Francie~ That is great that your DH will be home for Easter!!!! We just do baskets for the kids, not us. Right now, for the boys, we just buy one basket and then split it up between the two of them. Last year, I forget what was in the basket last year, I think maybe cars. This year we found one with trains in it and got that one. PLUS, there is very little candy in it which is good for them! We got Marissa one with stuffed bunnies in it. We found one the other day that had four different stuffed animals in it, but when Tommy went back on Thursday they didn't have any more. We were trying to figure out what to get her since she isn't ready for dress up stuff or baby dolls with all the small pieces.
Old 03-22-2008, 02:11 AM   #24  
I was born this way hey!

Mindee~This will be the 2nd Easter we will get to celebrate together, lol. The first time we did baskets but not eggs (cuz we forgot). We're big dorks, lol. Plus, its a nice tradition to keep up when we have kids someday. How old is Marissa??

Well, my headache is back. But I cant take anything because I took some advil for backpain a few hours ago. Ugh..I hate this. I feel like a freakin pill popper!!!!!! If I didnt have such a low tolerance for pain, I would totally ignore it. I'm seriously not gonna be able to sleep tonight. OMG!!! I just saw dh's ship on the news They were just talking about the upcoming work up and when they're going to deploy again. I'm so very thankful he's not deploying again. I've been through 2 so far and not all that ready for a 3rd one, lol. We'll just deal with that if he reenlists again. Anyhoo....I'm gonna go play a game or whatever. If anyone is on and has yahoo IM me!!!! I'm bored & lonely over here.
Old 03-22-2008, 02:40 AM   #25  

Francie~ marissa will be a year old next month on the day after Brandon's birthday. I hope you start to feel better soon and get rid of all the aches and pains!
Old 03-22-2008, 02:49 AM   #26  
I was born this way hey!

Mindee~Aww..so she really is too little for that stuff. I dont know what to buy someone that little, lol. Other than stuffed animals of course. Maybe crayons? Heck, I'm 22 and I still love getting crayons, lol.
Old 03-22-2008, 11:22 AM   #27  
GmaTo8

Hi ladies,

Francie - a big YAY for your DH being home! Your Easter just got a lot better, didn't it? Wow, wouldn't it be something if we ate at the same restaurant in SD? Maybe you can run out today and get a chocolate bunny.

Sassy - why in the world did they having you move offices at work? More crazy stuff, huh? I'm having Italian for supper, too. Mary is sending a lasagna because we're watching the girls while she works. Sounds devine, if I can keep my portion under control.

Mindee - Did I tell you Jackson got his first hair cut? The same barber that cut my son's hair for the 1st time did Jackson's, too. He looks like a little man now, instead of a baby. I hope he gets out of the hospital today, but haven't heard yet.

Tricia - where are you? Hope all is well.

Tammy - how're you feelig now? More of the soreness going away, I hope?

Marti - will Jhanai be over this weekend?

Sue - it's awfully cloudy and colder here - what's going on in your area?

Jules - hope you're getting some rest, sweetie.

Angie - if you're reading this... have fun in Disneyland, and tell Mickey Mouse I said hi!!

I've got a whole list of things that need done before tomorrow's dinner, yet here I am, on the computer, lol. The kids and grands will be here for the evening meal. Thankfully, Mary and Katie will be bringing the side dishes, which is so helpful.

I've been doing "ok" with food. Not too good, not too bad.

Toodles!

Last edited by Jane; 03-22-2008 at 11:23 AM.
Old 03-22-2008, 11:35 AM   #28  
GmaTo8

One of the members, Faerie, said this on the Weight Watcher forum:

I slowly started to realize many months ago that motivation is not all it's cracked up to be. You know what weight loss has really taken? Dedication. Commitment. It can't just be motivation, because motivation is fleeting and fickle. Motivation is a fair-weathered friend. Gritty, dirty commitment is there with me when the going gets tough. Commitment is there with me when I have to dig down deep to stay on that treadmill. Commitment is there with me when I have to refuse that cake offered to me time & time again.

Wow! I never looked at it that way, did you? Makes a lot of sense.
Old 03-22-2008, 01:02 PM   #29  
I was born this way hey!

Jane~Dh isnt home yet, he's not sure when he'll be able to come home today. But I am gonna run out to get the new People mag & a chocolate bunny, lol.

Btw: We finally got the money from Nutrisystem.
Old 03-23-2008, 04:38 AM   #30  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Wink Hi Chicks

Happy Easter Chicks!

Poor little bunny is gonna be freezing his little tail off here. lol. I think it got up to a whopping 30 degrees here yesterday (Saturday) and today is only supposed to be a high of 43 and a chance of snow............

Jane -- We had to move to a different floor in our building. We are getting a new account and we have to be in a secure area. But man oh man it was not fun doing all that moving around. I love Italian and it was good .......haven't had it in a while. My DH makes the greatest lasagna.....(in my opinion) hee hee. But boy it is definitely not "figure friendly" lol.

Francie -- on finally getting your money back!!

Talking about Easter and Easter Baskets, I have a funny story.......DH and I had to move in with my biological father before we were married due to finanical problems.......anywho, most of our stuff had to be stored down in the basement. When we moved we didn't have time to pack very well and so things were just kinda thrown together. Well when we finally were moving out a year later, we were moving stuff out and we came across an Easter basket, with yes eggs in it!!! Well DH carefully picked up the basket and was gonna take it outside and toss the eggs when one of them exploded. OMG it was the nastiest smell I have ever smelled before except for the skunk incident in NY. It took forever to get that smell out!!! lol. Anyways, thought I'd share. lol.

Have a Great Day!

Closed Thread