Closed Thread

Old 03-23-2008, 10:27 AM   #31  
I was born this way hey!

S/C/G: Not telling/Shh/150

Height: 5'3

Happy Easter Everyone!!!!!!!

I'm gonna be spending the rest of the day with dh. He's leaving later today, so I'll be back then. Have a great day with your families!!!!!

BTW: Sassy, that story made me laugh. TFS!! I have a funny Easter story. When I was little..I was terrified of the Easter Bunny. The thought of that giant walking bunny coming into my house just to hide stupid eggs around scared me to death, lol. Well..cut to me at 20 years old. My friend & I are at the Tacoma mall..and we're just walking around when we literly bumped into the Easter Bunny. I screamed so LOUD everybody stopped dead in their tracks. It was one of those horror movie screams. Plus I had tears running down my face because I was so scared. So ya..we pretty much had to leave after that because I was so embarassed, lol. On the way home, my friend & I couldnt stop cracking up. She said she was scared too, but not like me. I guess I never got over that fear of the Easter bunny. Dh likes to bring up that story ALLLL the time!!!! He'll be telling it when we're 90 years old. LoL!! Oh, and I pretty much avoid all malls until Easter is over, lol.
Old 03-23-2008, 10:46 AM   #32  
I work with germs!!

Height: 5'2"

HAPPY EASTER LADIES!!

JANE--I totally agree with the commitment thingy. It makes total sense to me.

SASSY--Yikes, I can smell those eggs now. There is a medicine called mucomyst that is a reversal drug for kids that overdose on Tylenol. It's given in 17 oral doses every 4 hrs and I swear it smells like rotten eggs. After about 4 doses, the entire room smells like rotten eggs and it causes diarrhea and I guess you can see where I'm going with that

FRANCIE--Glad to hear that Nutrisystem came through and returned your money.

MINDEE--I'm so envious of you with the little ones on Easter. We celebrated last Saturday so I'm a little bummed today. I go to pick up my DD from the airport as she is returning from Vegas tonight and my DS already visited last weekend (it's a 4 hr drive for him) I really miss when they were little on days like this. Enjoy

Hugs to all that I missed Jules, Marti, Trisha, Sue, Angie. I hope everyone is having a wonderful Easter!! I went back to work on Thur & Fri and it was a killer. I had a lighter assignment but just working the 12 hr really tired me and my back and sides where the lipo was done was so sore. I also felt like my face was falling off. I know that sounds funny but when you been wearing a chin strap for 24/7 and then go without the support, it feels really weird. Taking it easy today and not doing much. No family celebrations for me. I may go over and see my Mom but that's it. I usually do the family dinner for everyone but not this year.

Old 03-23-2008, 06:46 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

HAPPY EASTER JADED LADIES

Well, I wrote y'all around midnight last night and have no idea what hap pened to it. I do some of the craziest things some time. I think I previewed which I seldom do and forgot to send it. Any way, I am here.

We went to church and then went out to eat and then shopping. I needed a purse and shoes for our trip to DD in FL in 2 weeks.

Jane - I agree about the commitment. I think it comes down to just making a quality decision to "just do it". We have to have the right frame of mind. I think you and Marti asked me about me having my nails done. I have them done about every 2 or 3 weeks. My DD and Tony's DD and my sister had theirs done for years, but I always did my own the old fashion way. Tony's DD used to do fake nails when she first got out of school (now the orientals do it and it took me a while but I finally found a young oriental girl that is so sweet and does a great job). Any way, DD told me if I ever started having them done I would have to have them done all the time. Then last year she paid to have mine done for her wedding. My nails had started having the ridges they get when you get older and I tried to fill in the ridges with the stuff that is supposed to make them look better but it didn't. So I decided with what April paid to have them done for the wedding, I would just keep keep having them done because they looked so much better than when I do them.
I gotta run so I'll catch y'all later.

Ellen, Francie, Jules, Mindee, Marti, Sassy, Tammy, and everybody else I hope you are having a great Easter Day

Trish

Last edited by pattygirl63; 03-23-2008 at 06:53 PM.
Old 03-23-2008, 08:50 PM   #34  
GmaTo8

Hello ladies,

Sassy - eww, I bet that was so nasty, lol. The bunny got snowed on here, lol. Poor thing.

Francie - did you and your sweetie have fun? Cute story about the mall bunny. Gotta tell you, I'm afraid of clowns. Well, up close, I mean. At a distance they're ok.

Trish - I really should get my nails done more often. There's a place right in Walmart just for nails, and it's not expensive. I got new tennis shoes for Florida, too. My Nike Airs didn't have any air left, lol. I bet you're getting excited about your trip.

Tammy - before you know it, you'll have grandkids, then the holidays will become so much fun all over again. One of my DGDs told me today that she saw the easter bunny early this morning, and gave me all the details, lol. So cute! Yes, I bet it did feel like your face was falling off. I know that just wearing an ace bandage, or something like that can give that feeling when it comes off. So how's your face looking now?

Mary Kate - miss you.

I had a great Easter with the family, and actually didn't eat as much as I thought I would. I had everyone take home the leftovers of what they brought, since Neal and I don't need all that food.

How did your holiday go?
Old 03-23-2008, 10:14 PM   #35  
I was born this way hey!

Jane~I'm afraid of clowns too. And mimes, lol.

Anyways..we had a pretty fun Easter. We ended up going to Walmart this morning because I never go to get my chocolate Easter Bunny. Which turned out to be a huge bust. They were all GONE!!! But oh well..I ended up getting Hershey's Kisses. They're the new cherry ones..and Mmmmmmmmm they're sooooooo good!!! I also got the new People mag with Jennifer Lopez on the cover with her adorable twins (I want twins now, lol). And I got Antonement!! Which I'm going to watch after Dateline.

But for the bad news. Fonzo is gone He'll be home in a few days..but I'm still gonna miss him...I wish he didnt have to go.

Anyways..I'm gonna go watch the rest of Dateline. BBL
Old 03-23-2008, 11:32 PM   #36  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Cool Hi Chickareenos

Hola Chickareenos.

Well the bunny didn't get too cold here. I was in the 40's.......still chilly. Well I found some pants! Through one of the many email newsletters I get. I am getting 6 pairs. 4 of them are only $5.88 each!!! The other two are under $10 and I also had 40% off of one of those. Not too shabby. Now I will have to get a few more tops when I go out, but that is easy, its the bottoms that are hard. I just hope these pants fit right and look right. If not they have a satisfaction guaranteed thing, you can send them back within 90 days.

Francie -- Awwwww...........that is a cute story. Yes I bet your DH will be telling that until your 90. lol.

Sue -- Amazing how bad some medicines smell. I have a prescription that smells like fish. Doesn't taste like fish, but smells like them. lol.

Jane -- Yeah I will never ever forget that smell and neither will my DH. lol.

Well I hope you all had a wonderful Easter Sunday. Back to work tomorrow night...............yippee, at least I will finally be on my new floor and won't have to move around!!!

Old 03-24-2008, 12:51 AM   #37  
starting over again......

S/C/G: 261.4/261.4/200

Height: 5'4"

hello ladies....how are you all doing?

man were we busy on Saturday and Sunday! Saturday we took the kids to Tommy's oldest brother's church for an Easter Egg hunt for the kids. There were so many kids there, that each one got to get 35 eggs for themselves. Brandon had Tommy helping him, Logan had me holding his bag while his vacuum hands grabbed every thing in sight that he could! And Tommy had Marissa's bag while my BIL had her. We then walked around the church and checked it out with my BIL and his family. We mentioned something about wishing that we had a church like it close to us and got invited to come back on Sunday for their Easter service. We also met the pastors of the church, and Brandon really took a liking to the youth pastor. She invited my BIL and his family, as well as us, to come back in the afternoon for the bigger kids Easter Egg hunt. She told my BIL and us that the kids could go again to get some more eggs. This time, since there were fewer kids.....they got to get 95 eggs a piece! We only took Brandon and Logan on this one. Tommy had Brandon, who after a while got bored with it, so Tommy was picking them up. And I had Logan, who didn't have any gloves but seemed to find ALL the ones that were buried in the snow or just sitting in the snow! His poor little hands were ice cubes by the time we caught up with Tommy and Brandon!

After that we then went back to my in-law's house and proceeded to get every thing and every body ready for Easter dinner. The kids all had a blast and I got some cute pictures of Marissa with my FIL and Brandon with my FIL. Logan was too busy running around doing something every minute we were there so I was unable to get a picture of him at all! then we ate and had some cake and ice cream for my other BIL's birthday. we left there at 9pm and at that point in time, Marissa had already been passed out for about 45 minutes or so! The boys followed shortly in the van.....we got home, put them to bed and were able to spend some time on the couch together before we both crashed!

Sunday, we had every intention of making it to church, but we were all just so dog gone tired that we slept in! We then went over to Tommy's oldest brother's house for Easter dinner. The kids all had a blast playing with Tommy's brother's boys. We hung out for a little bit and then came home so that we could relax. On the way home, we stopped by the NEW Wal-Mart Supercenter to pick up some stuff.....and then to Krogers......and then home!

So, that was our chaotic weekend in a nut shell! Now, I get to try and find time to squeeze in my workout before getting the kids up or after every body goes to bed since Brandon is on Spring Break this week. Tommy told him that he was out of school this week and he almost started crying! He kept telling us that he had school, and we had to keep telling him that he is on vacation this week.

Francie~ She is still too young for crayons since every thing goes in the mouth. But my MIL did get her this really cute block tower that she loves playing with!

Jane~ Nope, you didn't mention that Jackson got his first hair cut! I bet he looks really cute! Did I miss something? Why is he in the hospital again? Is he doing okay?

Francie~ That is great news on getting your money back!!!! Your story cracked me up!

Sassy~ I hope that you are done moving around!!! That story was funny!

Tammy~ Me and Tommy were actually talking about back before we had kids and how we were bored basically because it seemed like every body that had kids was having more fun. Now, flash forward to this day and age and we wouldn't change it for anything! yeah, they can be brats at times, but we love them no matter what and we can't imagine how life used to be before we had them! What sparked our conversation about it, was when we were at my BIL's church and a friend of theirs came in with her family. Her and her husband have triplet boys, twin boys, and two daughters! The dad is a stay at home dad while the mom works! their oldest is 16 years old, and then I am not exactly sure on the ages of the younger ones. But Tommy told his brother "I love my kids and every thing, but I can't imagine adding four more kids into the picture! But if that is what God were to give me, then he would have given it to me for a reason."

Hello to every one else that I might have missed!!!! I hope you all had a great Easter and that you will have a great week!
Old 03-24-2008, 02:27 AM   #38  
I was born this way hey!

Sassy~YAY for finding pants!! Good luck finding shirts. I'm waiting for a email from dh saying I can buy these 2 shirts from Torrid. I forgot to ask if I could buy them before he left, lol. And ya..he will be telling that story forever, lol. He has too much dirt on me, its not cool. LoL!!

Mindee~Sounds like you really had a busy weekend. The Easter egg hunt sounded totally fun!! It sounds like Brandon really likes school and doesnt want to be on Spring Break.

I watched Antonment tonight..and omg, it was soooooooo good!!! They skipped a few things that were in the book, but I guess you cant fit everything into a 2 hour movie. I really loved the movie though.

I FINALLY found some tops to buy from Torrid. But I forgot to ask Fonzo if I could get them, so now I'm just waiting for a email saying I can. They are so cute!! Here are the links..http://www.torrid.com/torrid/store/p...=1206328790810 and http://www.torrid.com/torrid/store/p...=1206339752424

Well anyhoo..I'm gonna go now. to everyone and Good night!!
Old 03-24-2008, 09:20 AM   #39  
GmaTo8

Good morning, ladies,

Francie - I don't have a clue who's in the Atonement movie, but it sounds pretty good. I love the tops you want. My Katie is a Beatle fan, like her dad, and I know she'd love the red one. The black one will be really cute when you go out some night with Fonzo. If I was 20 (ok, 30) years younger, I'd buy one just like it!

Sassy - glad you found a bargain! Tonight you'll have the new office to look forward to. At least it won't be "same ol', same ol'", right?

Mindee - sounds like you and your family had such a nice Easter weekend. Tiring, but fun. Jackson was back in the hospital with pnuemonia. He's out now, but isn't supposed to be around anyone for a few days. So I didn't get to see him yesterday.

Sue - where are you, and how's your mom?

I had such a good time with the family yesterday, as I mentioned earlier. Mackenzie the 9 y/o spent the night since there's no school today. She loves staying here because as long as she's good, she gets to do lots of fun stuff, lol. What's a grandma for, if not to spoil them just a little?? lol

Today I'm going to go through the closet and put away the really wintery clothes, including the Christmas stuff. Also need to give to Goodwill some things I didn't wear all winter.

Have a good Monday. Or is that an oxymoron??

BBL,

Last edited by Jane; 03-24-2008 at 09:22 AM.
Old 03-24-2008, 11:25 AM   #40  

Height: 5'5"

Morning ladies! Sounds like everyone had a good Easter. We went to church Saturday night (like midnight mass for Christmas) then On Sunday I cooked a turkey. WE had my parents and brothers and sisters over for dinner. Dad and I split the cooking duties, so it was not bad at all. The kids played outside...too cold for me, and mom and my sis and I played cards. DS went home with them, and my youngest sis (8yo) stayed here with my girls. Will switch later today.

I need to go to the gym, but the weather is killing my back...so I am a little slow in getting moving this morning. Dh is on vacation, no big plans, just finishing up a few small details on the kitchen...and he wants to start on the lawn since the weather will be nicer this week. The kids are on Spring break here too. I needed the break as much as they did.

Have to get some coffee into me...will try to post later.

Luv and Hugs!!
Old 03-24-2008, 12:03 PM   #41  
I was born this way hey!

Jane~Antonment stars Keira Knightly & James McAvoy (he should've been nominated for an Oscar, he was really good!!). I love love love The Beatles!!! I have my mom to thank for that one, lol. "Something" is my all time fave song. You should totally see Across the Universe!!!!!!! Its a musical where all the songs are Beatle songs. Its a really great movie. Dh & I both love that movie (Hmm..I'll think I'll watch it tonight, lol). Sounds like you're a good grandma!! LoL!! My grandpa still lets me steal candy from the candy drawer, even though I'm old enough to have some, lol.

Ellen~Hope you got your coffee!!

I had a rough night. I finally get to sleep around 1am, only to be woken up at 2am by my cat Lucky. She is meowing on the other side of the door trying to get in. Grr..I couldnt get back to sleep, so I just went online to see if Fonzo emailed me. Which he didnt. He must not be working at night. But ya, I ended up falling back asleep around 3:30am..and I woke up at 8:30am. Ughhhh. I'm so tired right now, lol. But I think I'm gonna do the 2 mile walk in WATP. I need to get my blood pumping because I am freezing right now, lol.

Hope everyone has a good week!!
Old 03-24-2008, 02:52 PM   #42  

Height: 5'1"

Just a quick hello for now. Will be back later for indi's.

Having a great weekend (still my weekend...took today off for my anniversary)

So going to make the most of this day.

Chat w/you all later on!
Old 03-24-2008, 02:58 PM   #43  
I was born this way hey!

Happy Anniversary Marti!!!<3
Old 03-24-2008, 04:32 PM   #44  
starting over again......

S/C/G: 261.4/261.4/200

Height: 5'4"

hello ladies....how are you all doing?

nothing new on this end.....just the first day of Spring Break....and I am happy to report no issues between the boys! They were even laying together nicely on Logan's bed when I opened up their bedroom door this morning! I think Marissa is trying to cut either more teeth in the front or her nasty one year molars! She was a little miss pain in the butt last night. I tried to feed her her solid foods last night and she didn't want them. So, I mixed her dinner with some baby cereal today at lunch time and she ate a good amount of it! I then tried her with some fruit, and she took a couple of bites and was ready for bed. So, I will mix her food with baby cereal for now until I can get her to want to eat it without it.

The kids are watching Eight Below right now. Marissa has just realized how to kneel in her crib....and she is even trying to pull herself up into a standing position. So, I need to ask Tommy if her crib is down as far as it will go!

Francie~ They had an awesome time! Brandon, as much as he threw a fit yesterday, didn't react to anything this morning. He just got up and watched his normal shows and what not. He still managed to stick with his schedule and take an afternoon nap. But then again, so did I!

Jane~ I hope he starts to feel better soon!! I hope you get to see him soon as well!

Happy Anniversary Marti!!!!!

I will come back later to check back in with everyone!!!
Old 03-24-2008, 10:54 PM   #45  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Cool Hi All

Hi All,

You all aren't gonna beleive it. I had to move AGAIN! It started out a very crummy evening already........First, DH was snoring so he woke me up 2 hours before I had to get up. Second, they closed our road down from our apt. so we had to take the long way around, Third, I dropped ketchup all over myself + the floor and then Fourth, I had to move......I think I should have just stayed at home! lol......

Well driving in to work tonight it was snowing! Can u beleive it? Snowing and it was like 44 degrees outside! I think mother nature is having a nervous breakdown or something! lol.

Francie -- thanks. I am thinking of getting myself new bras too.......dunno why I am doing this, it just started with new pants then I got new shirts, new shoes, etc.......lol.

Mindee & Jane -- thanks..I think I should come to work with a freaking trailer everyday so I am ready to pack up and move at any time!

Happy Anniversary, Marti.

I hope you all are well.

Closed Thread