Old 02-14-2007, 07:39 PM   #31  
Ashley

Height: 5'8"

Calories - <1500, day 10, 2 pauses taken
Vege/fruit - at least 5 servings per day, day 11, 1 pause taken
Food log every day, day 11, 1 pause taken
Exercise - 30 minutes per day, day 11, 1 pause taken

I've reached the mid-point in the challenges. On the downhill from here on out! I've got a business trip coming up next week. Will be at a retreat with approx 30 people from work. Never a good situation for staying with the challenges, but I'm going into it with optimism.

DJ - that is wonderful news about your son. Getting therapy early before children start school is so important. He is ready to really jump in and succeed now.

Everyone - hope you are doing well with your challenges. Happy Valentine's Day to everyone.
Ashley103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 12:34 AM   #32  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Still here,
Think the exercise challenge is on about day 92.... well that might be an exageration but I'm still going on it. Not quite ready to commit to all that water again yet. Food is on plan - maybe I should start a stealth thingo, maybe no too as everytime I think about doing that some clot has a birthday and we have to go out to dinner.

Be back later.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 12:16 PM   #33  

Height: 5' 8.5"

Ok, I'm stopping my last challenge for the moment. I feel like I need to regroup on the whole diet thing and figure out exactly what it is I need to do. As soon as I figure it out, I'll post my challenges, hopefully in a few days.

Have a good one everybody!
djstorey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 05:14 PM   #34  
Never give up

S/C/G: 78 kg/71/65?

Height: 5'1.5"

No sugar -- Day 5 completed/3 pauses left
No alcohol -- Day 2 completed/3 pauses left
No processed foods -- Day 0 completed/3 pauses left
Fresh vegetable juice -- Day 3 completed/1 pause left
Food Journal w/cal. estimate -- Day 0 completed/3 pauses left
Crunches -- Day 4 completed/2 pauses left

redballoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 08:18 PM   #35  
Ashley

Calories - <1500, day 11, 2 pauses taken
Vege/fruit - at least 5 servings per day, day 12, 1 pause taken
Food log every day, day 12, 1 pause taken
Exercise - 30 minutes per day, day 12, 1 pause taken

Been pretty quiet on here lately. Hope everyone is doing well.
Old 02-15-2007, 10:01 PM   #36  

Hello! I am on day 9 with no beer.
I'm not going to try the exercise thing again for a little while. Weekends always kill it when my husband is traveling so much. I do my best to exercise anyway, it's not a huge problem. But I have decided on 2 more challenges. All the recent talk about caffine has made me decide to cut back. Only 1 cup a day. I've been feeling really crappy lately, and not sleeping well, so maybe a little detox is in order. And I'm done with day 2 there, and is a level 2. And a little exercise....1000 steps on my stair stepper and 100 calf raises or whatever you call them. Actually, I'll do them tonight and see how many I can do, then come up with a number. 2 pauses on both of those.
Way to go DJ, on finishing with the challenges!!
Way to go ashley, for getting half way there!
Hi Red, Shad, and everyone else!
Apple Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007, 12:54 PM   #37  
updownupdownupDOWN!!!

Day 5 on no X (yes Red, it's chxxxte) and going good.

Day 1 on coffee today. I managed to get to Day 6, but I'm determined about making it today 7 or 8 without a pause. I didn't sleep well, and had to stay awake while doing my history readings, so some coffee was badly needed on day 7. And on day 8, and day 9. So I could be on day 10 with no pauses left, but like I said, I want to get to day 8 without a pause. Not sure how it's going to go from here, sleep is whacko and stress is starting.

Red, I don't think I'm getting withdrawal at all, actually. The times when I was drinking 3-4 coffees per day are long gone - more than one cup makes me feel sick these days, and I've grown very picky. I'll only drink the coffee I know I'll like, not just any coffee because it's coffee. I drank it because it was part of my day, not because I needed it. It's good to be back to milk.
Sushi Penguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007, 08:05 PM   #38  
Ashley

Calories - <1500, day 12, 2 pauses taken
Vege/fruit - at least 5 servings per day, day 12, 2 pauses taken
Food log every day, day 13, 1 pause taken
Exercise - 30 minutes per day, day 13, 1 pause taken

Apple - no beer and no coffee. Good for you!! Sorry you're not feeling well.

Sushi - even if you had some pause days, sounds like you weren't drinking much coffee, and you're back on track now. Very brave of you to give up x. I don't have too much of it anymore, but I sure couldn't give it up entirely.

Red - hope things are a little calmer in your job this week.

DJ - after giving up smoking, you can do anything. Looking forward to hearing about your new challenges.

Shad - sticking with the exercise is great. And you should count your food stealth!!

Have a great weekend, everyone.
Old 02-16-2007, 10:00 PM   #39  
Never give up

Cool not doing too well.....

No sugar -- Day 5 completed/2 pauses left
No alcohol -- Day 2 completed/2 pauses left
Fresh vegetable juice -- Day 4 completed/1 pause left
Food Journal -- Day 0 completed/3 pauses left
Crunches -- Day 4 completed/1 pause left

I was going to start everything over but reconsidered, realizing I already had 5 days under my belt on no sugar. That's not bad. The alcohol is going to stop though. I feel awful and it's not helping things at all! The juice and crunches, I will just have to get serious about. Set up my new super juicer and get with it! I'm going to can the no processed foods and just make writing it all down the challenge, no emphasis on calories for now. I'm going to focus on looking at how and why I eat and how I felt about it. Was it out of frustration? Was it just grabbing something because my schedule had kept me from a decent meal? Whatever? That's what's happening and it's not good. If I have to disappear from work to give myself a good meal then that's what I must do.

Talk to you all later I hope!

Last edited by redballoon; 02-16-2007 at 10:08 PM.
Old 02-17-2007, 06:10 AM   #40  
Never give up

Unhappy not the best day...

No sugar -- Day 5 completed/1 pauses left
No alcohol -- Day 3 completed/2 pauses left
Fresh vegetable juice -- Day 5 completed/1 pause left
Food Journal -- Day 0 completed/3 pauses left
Crunches -- Day 5 completed/1 pause left

Old 02-17-2007, 09:16 PM   #41  
updownupdownupDOWN!!!

(((Red)))
Hope the next day goes better for you.

It's evening here, I'm about to go to bed, and thus completing another day on both of my challenges, though I'm a tad lost with the day count at the moment.

Eta...
Day 2 on coffee (w-what? I thought it's been longer than that?!)
Day 6 on no chxxxte
Sushi Penguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007, 01:18 AM   #42  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Still going on the exercise one. This week completed with a gentle 30 minute walk this morning and if I feel really enthusiastic a swim after work this afternoon.
So 7 days straight on committed exercise. That has to be a record for this little black duck (chick?). No that's not a racial comment. It's a slang expression over here. So don't start getting up me - okay?

I think I'll just carry on with this exercise one until I after I go home next weekend and after I get the water thingy until control again. I guess I'm having too much fun organising my trip away in May and June to psych myself into a new challenge.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007, 03:45 AM   #43  

Day 12 no beer
Day 5 1 cup of coffee
Day 3 calf raises
Start over on the stairs
Hope everyone is having a fun weekend! We have beautiful weather here, the kind that makes me think "Oh @&%! I am SO not ready for shorts! Hopefully it will motivate me, but today was a big eating day....
Hi Shad, good work with the exercise!
Hi Red! You're quiet out there, but it's good to see you are plugging along!
Hi Ashley and Sushi!!
Apple Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007, 05:13 AM   #44  
Never give up

Unhappy pausing into wonderland...as in "i wonder what i'm doing here?!?"

No sugar -- Day 5 completed/0 pauses left
No alcohol -- Day 4 completed/2 pauses left
Fresh vegetable juice -- Day 6 completed/1 pause left
Food Journal -- Day 1 completed/3 pauses left
Crunches -- Day 6 completed/1 pause left

Apple -- Ok, you shamed me into writing! Yes, I've been quiet and today was no better. In fact, it was worse than usual. I took my last sugar pause and really should start over. I knew it when I was doing it. It was like I knew I'd slide into oblivion but did it anyhow. Well, you're doing so well on the no booze and the others too. I need your resolve on the beer. I have been having too much of it again and the nights out usually find me in tears anyhow...not fun. Shorts? What are those?

(Shad) -- Whatever your species, you're doing well on that exercise. Having too much fun to pysch yourself up?!?!? I don't get it. That's the very time it should be easy! Come on, get with us and trudge, trooper! Below is a link for those having trouble understanding Shad...
http://www.worldwidewords.org/qa/qa-duc1.htm

Sushi -- Thanks...it all helps. Without the encouragement I wouldn't even be here... You're rollin' on that no stuff. Good for you! You're lucky not to be getting withdrawal on the coffee. Wow!

Ashley -- Thanks too for the well wishes. Work just gets worse. I really don't know how much longer I can take it. I've never been too good about working amid stupidity and/or outrageous acts of the high and powerful degenerates known as upper management, but here at mid-management level it's really the pits. Lower down I at least wasn't in the direct line of fire.

dj -- You still around? Hope you can figure something out real quick. How about just doing a nondiet-related challenge in the meantime to keep us all company? And, yes, that is great news about your son! Are you still off the fags?

Bean -- Is that you, Elle? You changing your identity on us midstream? I think so....couldn't be two of ya with 1,000 crunches! How's it going?

sumi -- Hi there! Don't go into hiding now just because you've learned the origins of your eyebrow shape!

girlie -- Now don't get us all excited about your return and then abandon us again!

jolly -- Butt kickin' on its way! Where did you get to now?! Remember the cruise. Get feeling good about yourself now and how that would feel on the boat! Stop making poor choices and start making some good ones!!!

Last edited by redballoon; 02-18-2007 at 05:18 AM.
Old 02-18-2007, 01:21 PM   #45  

Height: 5' 8.5"

I'm still here and no I'm not smoking!

Been a little busy, stressed, whatever around here. I'm trying to get myself back into the swing of things though. If I don't start new challenges Monday, then I'll be back on Tuesday, I promise!

Gotta run, it's my son's birthday. Can't believe he's 14! The next one is turning 16 in a couple of months, wow, feeling old here!

djstorey is offline   Reply With Quote