Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

Closed Thread

Old 03-14-2001, 10:13 AM   #61  

S/C/G: 225/?/155

Height: 5'7"

I have a question for anyone who has lost a considerable amount of weight. Do you also lose your bust size?? I heard of a woman who lost 200 pounds and her bust was as BIG as ever and she was totally out os proportion.
Old 03-14-2001, 10:28 AM   #62  
Goddess

Default Weigh-in Wednesday

Hello Everyone!

Here are today's stats:

300/258/150

One thing I have discovered on the WOE is that weight loss seems to happen in spurts for me. I will lose steadly for a while then everything will stall for a bit. The first couple of times that scared me, but now I know that my body has to make some adjustments and If I stay OP the needle will move down again.

The board seems to have been very busy yesterday! I didn't get a chance to post, but I did check in from work for my daily inspiration. Thanks everyone.

Melf--I want to add to the folks who have been through the same health problem your daughter is experiencing. I had the same thing when I was in my early 20s. Had the treatment and have had normal paps for the last 20 years! I guess this is why they keep buggin us to have these annual checkups!

Star Chaser--I am so happy that you are finding success. Your excitement over your victories is inspiring to me!

I also enjoyed seeing the pictures. I am jealous of Deb's curls. Do you know how much I have paid to get curls like that?

Have a good Wednesday everyone--hope you are all abuch of loosers today!

Susan
Old 03-14-2001, 10:38 AM   #63  

Default Good morning

Another morning and do I feel good today!!!!

I have not stepped on the scale. I'm afraid to get a stroke if I see it. But my jeans fit nicely this morning... not that tight bad feeling I've had since slacking.

My drive into work was uneventful... can you believe it? Nobody to run me off the road... nobody causing a traffic jam. It was great! So, my day is starting out great.

The crockpot is cooking at home and I'm making Goulash. The only 'illegal' food that was called for was BBQ sauce. I used as little as possible... but I wasn't sure if I could eliminate it... or not. I'm new to crockpot cooking. But it sure is wonderful coming home to ready homecooked food! I have this pot not even a week and I already cooked 4 times in it. I just love it!

I also brought my lunch. Bagel Bread, Cajun Turkey Breast, some mayo (I can't do without), swiss cheese and a chocolate bar that is sweetened with Fructose from the diabetic section. I also bought sugar free cough drops! Yeah! I'm still working on this cough and it is painful. Hopefully its getting better.

I have a question about milk. Why does whole milk have 10 g sugar per serving and 1% milk 12g sugar and skim milk 14g sugar???? Shouldn't it be other way around? I bought whole milk because of the sugar content... but I am curious how you guys deal with that.

Karen3000: I bought some 'Bagel' bread at Wal-mart yesterday and it has 2 g sugar per slice and it tasted very good. I think that is legal... I couldn't find anything wrong with the ingredients anyway.

Deb: I know what you mean. I've given up on walking downtown. Too many people almost run you over. Besides this town has parking issues, not to mention pedestrian issues.

My goal for this week is to get on my treadmill. I've been on it twice... it is tiring and I couldn't get far because it is strenous having to move this thing (no motor, I'm too heavy for it). The last time I made it 0.15 miles before I broke down coughing. Not a good sign... but at least a beginning.

Ok, thats all for now. Everybody have a great day.
Old 03-14-2001, 11:36 AM   #64  

Default ??? Happy WIW ?????

Well ladies... I am still at 130, same from last week Guess I will just keep plugging along. Walked on TM this morning - 2 miles in 45 minutes So far this week, I have walked 6.5 miles. I sure hope my heart is getting healthier since the scale is taking its sweet time bugding

Ok, ok....I know I keep whining about losing my posts...BUT I typed a nice long post and lots of responses back to the recent posts, and, - UGHHHHHHH.

Deb - I did figure out that I did not actually download Keeping It Up last night, so that's probably the reason. I finally played around with the program this morning - AND - I think I have it installed now.. crossing fingers.

Well, I am going with my DH this weekend to the drag races. I am trying to plan on how to eat OP. We may need to bring a grill. We will be travelling in a 4dr p/up and pulling a trailor. Sorta makes it difficult for meal planning. We usually can borrow FIL's motorhome, but he has it while he is in FL for other dragraces. Geeesh, these guys and their hobbies

I just don't have the patience to go back and forth through the posts, so please forgive me.

Star - I did want to give you a BIG PAT ON THE BACK for your walk yesterday. Don't you feel proud of yourself??
And like you said.... baby steps. You gotta start somewhere.

I also want to thank those of you that had words of encouragement for me about the ruts I tend to get into with this WOE from time to time. I hope I can continue to get those pep talks

Viv - I was glad to see your brief post. I have missed chatting with you. Are you packed??????

Well, I will stop for now. I don't want to press my luck with getting the BOOT. I hope everyone will have GREAT results with "that" steel monster Have a great day all..........

140/130/115
Old 03-14-2001, 11:38 AM   #65  

Hey Gals,

I'm about to go weigh myself. I haven't weighed since I started SB on March 1. I know I need to probably weigh once a week but I hate the scales! When you start out at 325 lbs, it's overwhelming and losing a mere pound a week seems useless.

I did walk Tuesday, another 1/2 mile. YES!!!!! Hopefully walking will soon be a routine as is drinking water has become!

I have found this board to be saving grace to me!
Fillise, Melf, Debelli, BOB, Overcome, GatorGal and all others who have responded to me and encouraged me..THANK YOU!!! You are all angels!

AMSERAPHIN: Thanks for the "pat on the back"
Next I may need a "kick in the backside"

To Melf: Your daughter is on my prayer list. Keep us posted!

See ya,
starchaser

Last edited by StarChaser; 03-14-2001 at 01:41 PM.
Old 03-14-2001, 04:18 PM   #66  

Hi, all!!

I have had a pretty crazy day!! Had to drop my kitten off at the vet by 7:30AM to be spayed/declawed, then take the pooch to the groomer for a bath and shave, then had to entertain the kids while staying away from the house because the carpets were being cleaned!! I know it probably doesn't sound like much to you, but just the car ride with 2 animals and my 2 kids was enough to make me nuts!!

My weigh-in went well today...I'm actually down 3.5 pounds for the week, and it's even TOM!! I know it can come off fast in the beginning, so I'm not going to expect this, but it was a nice little boost to keep me motivated!!

MELF: I'll add in my 2 cents with everyone else...I went throught exactly what your daughter is facing about 5 years ago. I actually had 3 different colposcopies and such, but everything turned out fine, and I have had my 2 kids since! My thoughts are with you both... I had to reading your tale of walking with your grandson...I'm sure it was quite a workout!!

ASHLEY: Those cookies you made sound great! I really have to find a HFS near me so I can get some legal ingredients to broaden my horizons with this WOE! That's fantastic about your cholesterol counts...way to go!!

STAR: Great going on your walking...I really need to get myself back into a workout routine!!

BOB: Too bad you won't be around the weekend of March 24th...my husband's going to 2 games, now, so I'll be hanging out at the hotel pool with my younger son.

DEBELLI: I have made one crustless quiche -- actually got the recipe from an Atkins-based website. Would love to get your recipe! I'll keep poking around for an SB-legal crust. Thanks for your help! We're actually headed BACK to Guam for a second tour there -- we were stationed there from '94 through '97. We loved it, and have actually been anxious to get back overseas again!! It's a beautiful island -- come visit sometime!!

Well, my boys are napping, so I think I'm going to sneak off for a little "mommy-time"!!

Have a fantastic day!!

Deb
168/164.5/<130
Old 03-14-2001, 04:43 PM   #67  

Default DEBSTAHL

Ouch... I wish you would've said something about declawing your cat.... I hope she is feeling okay and made it through this surgery well.
Old 03-14-2001, 05:46 PM   #68  
BIG ORANGE FOOTBALL RULES

GOOD EVENING EVERYBUDDY

Well, even after eating things I SHOULDN'T HAVE on Saturday in Naples.....and eating "pimento cheese" from the FRESH MARKET.....I STILL LOST 1/2 pound!! I was expecting a gain..

OK....WHERE'S DEB????

CONGRATS to EVERYBUDDY on their loss this week !!

GATOR: I downloaded and saved pictures I found on the web. You then can hit the browse button at the end of your post and pick the one you want to use. The picture under my name is done the same way, but you elect to use one in the section where you update your profile etc.

I'm off to lurk a bit before dinner...I'll check in later...

BOB

REMEMBER TO DRINK YOUR WATER
Old 03-14-2001, 06:07 PM   #69  

Default THANKS EVERYONE!

Thanks to all of you for the encouraging & comforting words about what my daughter is going through right now. ALL OF YOU have made me feel like you are really caring friends. I can't begin to tell you how that has made me feel today. I DO apreciate it. Your stories of what you each have gone through has given me hope that this can be resolved. Even though I am a nurse, I don't deal with this type of problem very often & those of you who are mothers know that it is different when it comes to our kids.

Frog, thanks for sharing that info with me. It sure does give me hope. Normal Paps for 6 years? Oh, that's wonderful news. Yes, I do pray for her cause that & supporting her are about the only things that I can do for her. Thanks! Hey, we're still even with our weight! I was down another lb today too! This is so weird because I was on a plateu for about a month too. Feels good to be able to see some results again.

Karen, congrads on passing up that pizza. You made the right decision to stick with the salad.

BOB, love the images that you posted, especially the dog. When my daughter was younger my mother had a Basset Hound that looked just like that one. His name was Bully. I remember finding Jodi lying in the grass one day embracing Bully & crying her heart out because she was lonesome for her dad. Funny how certain things bring memories back like that.

Didja, thanks for the offer to talk more. Ever since I saw your email I have wondered, do you crochet? I can too, but don't seem to find the time these days. But I always found that it is relaxing & it helps me take my mind off of other things. How about you?

Cheri, Thanks for the prayers. I noticed the time difference when the board switched over, but if you go to your profile & edit options, you can set the time right for your time zone.

Fillise, Gee, I am feeling better & better about all this with daughter Jodi. Had no idea so many have had problems like this. It sure is encouraging to me that this too such pass.

It's raining here in SW LA, so no walking today. Sounds like the scales were good to most of you. Be in touch later. Thanks again everybody.

193/172/163/ 150 mini goal 13 lbs to go
Old 03-14-2001, 06:13 PM   #70  

Default Hope this works.

This is for all of you!
Old 03-14-2001, 07:23 PM   #71  

MELF:

THAT'S WHAT WE'RE HERE FOR...... I feel like I've known
everyone FOREVER and hope that one day we can all
meet in ONE PLACE, AT THE SAME TIME!!

Skeeter is a "Doxy" He was supposed to be a minie, but when he GREW UP, he was a STANDARD! Really perplexing since both of his parents were minis!

KNOCK ON MY WOODEN HEAD, I've had clear paps for the last seven years, and with every didgit crossed, hopefull from now on.

EVERYONE TUNE IN TO 48 HRS tonight at 10 est..the show is on obesity!

Later,
BOB
Old 03-14-2001, 07:28 PM   #72  

Hey Everyone

Sounds like everyone is doing great. What pretty pictures ya'll have been attaching. I've done pretty well maintaining. Today I am up but that is par for the course if you know what I mean.

Maintaining is a different WOE. You eat the same stuff but have to get use to eating more. You also just don't have the same motivation and enthusiasm of losing. I catch myself wanting to lose more weight but that is not the way to go. Excercise still feels good. And now that the weather is getting nice, I am back to walking alot.

Everyone remember these tips:

Eat enough...too few calories and you will not lose.
Drink plenty of water...
Eat enough protein
EXCERCISE

See ya'll later.

Anna

222/141/140
Old 03-14-2001, 07:43 PM   #73  
Little Engine That Could

Big Orange--
Where do you find the pictures on the web? Is there a good web site called picturesyoumightwanttouse.com?
Old 03-14-2001, 08:09 PM   #74  

GATOR:

I just did a search on yahoo for "gifs" and started looking at what came up. I'm sure there are different listings on each search engine. AOL should have some good ones.

GOOD LUCK
Old 03-14-2001, 08:32 PM   #75  

GATOR...BEACH...FILLISE..CHECK THIS OUT!!!!
Closed Thread