Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

View Poll Results: At this time, how CONFIDENT are you that you will reach your goal weight while on SB?
Extremely confident 12 27.91%
Very confident 13 30.23%
Somewhat confident 3 6.98%
A bit confident 5 11.63%
Not so confident 4 9.30%
Not confident 2 4.65%
Doubtful 0 0%
I have already reached my goal while on SB! 2 4.65%
Other/No Opinion 2 4.65%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 04-17-2002, 11:23 PM   #91  
Wife, Mother, Goddess

Good Evening Everyone.....I figured if I didn't take the pain to do an evening post, I'd never get around to addressing everyone at o'dark thrity when I have to get up before the crows and drag my DS up to get his blood drawn prior to draggin' both the DS and DD to the dentist! OH THE JOY!!!

Beth-So cool about the job! It must be destiny! Don't worry about training and the kids...something will work out, it always does! Congrats on being down 4lbs!!! WHOOOOO HOOO!!!!!

Solshine-Stop rubbin' your eyes, it's true...the Nancemeister is back. I knew the Vincemeister would be wondering what happened to me, so thought I better get these ol fingers typing!
How come you and Fruit have cool names like Zippy Liverrface and Snotty Bubblebiscut. I am the Queen of nicknames and I want one!!!!!

Heartmom-Hang in there girldfriend....just when you least expect it, the scale will go down. Just keep up being on plan, drink your water and WALK!!! IT WILL HAPPEN!!!!

Shmilly777-Welcome aboard!!! I wish I could be an awesome example like some of the other chicks on the board, but instead I opted for the What happens when you stop posting on the board, gain weight, and come back with your tail in between your legs routine. Just post as much as you can, re-read the book every third month to keep things fresh, print out all the delicious recipes everyone posts and ENJOY!

CountryMom4 Him-Keep your chin up girldfriend, before you know it those mystery pounds will disappear. Sometimes I think those things get thrown out at us once in awhile to test our resolve at sticking OP!!! Next week, things will be different....PROMISE!

Red1-3 hours away eh? Sounds simple enough to me! Ever like going to the small community of Redlands? I know a great place we could meet for lunch, and of course I'll be dragging you to my favorite scrapbook store!

Jack-K....I love that name! A woman after my own heart. You best get that chicken recipe posted. Dan the Man promises to help be as compliant in the kitchen as possible so he can watch the pounds melt off me, and that recipe needs to be in my recipe box!!! What else are you holding out on us????

BOB-If I can get my butt all the way from the West Coast to the East coast, surely you can get your butt from one town to another in Florida and let me buzz you, as I'm entitled to, for 12 long hours. This is your buddy, your pal, your amigo we're talking about here....If I need to send a pre-paid gas card from Exxon, so be it, but the van ride will take place, OH YES!!!!

BKM-I'm with you on having a hard time keeping up in the chat room, but I still through myself into the glory of it all, and just laugh how fast it all moves. P.S. Don't let Bob talk you into driving to NC with her, she has a prior engagement with me and Deb in the van for a 12 hour ride!!!!

Fruitloupe-You are going to make that 250 mark so fast your head will spin, and the happy dance will be going on across the US when you do....you are merely days away.....just days....not months....not years.....DAYS!!!!!! What's the deal with you and Solshine getting cool nicknames like Snotty Bubblebiscut and Zippy Liverface, I'm out of the LOOP and I don't like it.....I want a cool nickname!!!!

Deb-Where are you???? No e.mail, no recipe board pulled up from last quarter. I am a woman in need of her SB info!!!!! Trixie had a little run in with an automobile and has survived to tell all. Last month it was Floyd...I hope they are through with these shinanigans (sp?)

For everyone else......(don't you hate that?) Thank you for your words of kindness and warm welcome back. Don't mind that bantering that occurs between me and BOB, we like to amuse
each other! I better look on my BIO board and see if anything needs changing before people start wondering "WHO IS THIS NUT????" "She's gone for months and comes back like she owns the place!!!" I'm just excited....I really missed all of this very much
and feel lucky to be welcomed back!
Old 04-17-2002, 11:36 PM   #92  

Default TO SNOTTY

At a Kindergarten conference I attended years ago, this quote:
"You know you're old when farts aren't funny any more."
I have a hard time keeping a straight face, too whenever a little one breaks wind, then giggles.

Nite folks! Pleasant dreams

Jeanie
Old 04-17-2002, 11:38 PM   #93  
SUPER CHICK aka Moderator

Hey All

Thought I'd get in a post before I had to go p/u Lauren at school. She's staying until 4:45pm for drama. Going tonight for her orientation, she's so excited!!!!

Went to the 7th Day Adventist store-they have a lot of different items in the store besides food, but a decent enough selection even if it was small. They had what I wanted and at a wonderful special price too! I paid $3.65 a can in NC, their regular price is $3.45 and they had specially marked cans at $2.19. Bought a few items to try, or should I say Michael to try. I was VERY impressed with the price of their WW flour-.32 cents a pound!!!!! Didn't buy any as I don't need it at this time, but good to know.

Bought some salmon yesterday at WALLY WORLD and just made it and had a piece-delicious!!! Now I don't have to ask ELI to make it for me anymore, I can do it, and not screw it up either!!! Honestly, I don't even have the desire to eat the one at Outback anymore, this is better!!!

Well, at the last second my Father decided not to go to Vegas, so Mom went alone. Not thrilled with that idea, but she's gone and not much I can do or say about it now.

Eli is coming home tomorrow night and I have to go up to Broward to get him and other managers. So, tomorrow it's clean out the car and stop for Carbolite before I go to the airport

NANCE, CONGRATS! See, YOU CAN DO IT!!!! Sorry I couldn't chat this morning, just HAD to get out the door. But of course, I think you heard enough of me last night I think sometimes when I'm so tired I don't make sense, so if I didn't, just chalk it up to that. Girl, don't even THINK about chocolate at this time, not for months, it gets too many into too much trouble-trust me on this one!!!! That's DARAMUS you are asking about-he's one of those harmless men-he knows our bark is bigger than our bite-or so he thinks I think with so many of us at TOM or on the verge, he knows when to steer clear! LOL!

FILLISE, glad to hear you are back home, safe and sound. Sounds like you did very well with staying OP while away and during such an emotional time-I commend you. Lemoncello liquer-never heard of that-why is it so nasty??? Did you know it was nasty ahead of time??? Girl, you're getting very close to a major milestone!! Not far from the big 75lb mark, and of course, just as important, the 70!!!

TRANQUIL, hope you don't have to work so hard with you feeling icky today. Just keep what you said in mind, that you KNOW to expect the weight to slack off, do so with the understanding that, as long as you are eating OP that it will continue to go down, you have to be patient with yourself AND your body. I've had weeks that I would gain for no reason at all and in diets past I'd of given up, thrown in the towel, but since on SB I learned that if I was patient and just continued on the right track those mystery pounds would leave just as mysteriously as they came-and they did!!!

BETH, CONGRATULATIONS!!!! What awesome news that you got the job! See, we were all rooting for you and it MUST of helped!!!!! I'm sure you'll work something out with the kids, people are sure to help. When do you start??? Being scaleless is not so bad! Look at how excited you get when you get on the one at MIL and see a great big 4lb loss in LESS than a week! CONGRATULATIONS!!! I think it's better that way, esp. if you have the love/hate relationship so many of us have with the ones we own. Hope things get better for our SD, and soon. Keep us informed.

TRISH, hey no loss isn't so bad, could of been a gain, and esp. if you weren't eating right. Glad to hear the SB took care of you-they really strive big time for good customer service. The new store ELI will be getting has a drive thru as well-he has to go train to learn how to operate a store with one. It's only the 2nd d/t in Miami and the first one hasn't opened up yet!

MEL, I can't blame DH for hiding the scale, it surely isn't worth crying over-*****ing yes, but not crying!!! Don't fret over it, I'm sure it's all muscle the way you've been going!!! Who said the coffee beans were for ELI Check went out today in the mail.

ADRON, CONGRATS for continuing to do well, that's great news. Hey, if I were you, I'd wait to get new bands, the new ones will be too big on your soon as well. That is UNLESS Adron is going to continue to buy you new bands every so many pounds-then heck, go for it!!!! None of my rings fit anymore, even my thumb ring is big on me, but stays on luckily due to it being a thumb.

SOL, miss not seeing you on the board as usual, but we all understand that you are busy. I'll be checking the mail Let us know what the stylist says!!! Love the name for the new furry child. When's the expected due date???

HEART, don't fret that you didn't lose after 3 days, give your body time to adjust and continue OP, you'll be losing those nagging pounds soon!

MONET, glad to hear those mystery pounds are gone again. Sometimes I find it hard to keep my calories up, but those times are rare, it's usually the opposite. If you have trouble doing so, try to have something like a tbl of peanut butter, cottage cheese, extra fruit, something that's filling and nutritious, not something like triscuits that doesn't do a thing as far as filling you up. Hey, how about a sweet potato! Do your best, that's all you can ask of yourself.

SHMILY, WELCOME TO THE BOARD!!! Glad you've decided to join us! When I first read your screen name I sorta laughed. It wasn't until I read your BIO on the BIO BOARD that I understood what it meant-when I first saw it I thought of "smelly". I think it's cute! Thanks for posting your BIO, it was nice to learn more about you. Was just up in your state less than 2 weeks ago. MONET lives in Atlanta. Where in GA are you? You've chosen a very good WOE and we're all here to help you along the way-don't be afraid to ask any questions! To answer your question as far as I go, I've been on SB for 2 years now and reached my goal weight last June and at my lowest had a loss of 75lbs. I love this WOE and won't ever change, no reason to do so!! Again, we all say

COUNTRY, I've gained 6lbs in a week for no apparent reason. Some times our body just does some funky and unexplainable things that can't be explained, just hang in there!

JACK-K, your "fried chicken" sounds devine-can't wait til you post the recipe. I never have been crazy about fried foods, including chicken, but liked the type you make in the oven like shake n' bake.

JRED, hey, at least it's 4lbs and not like me with 6 sometimes. You know it will slip back down soon, so no need to fret over it. Sorry I missed chatting with you last night. Hope to see you next week in chat!!

QUIV, CONGRATS on making your mini-goal and staying strict while TOM is around-you are definitely on the right path! You're at the last leg with only 10lbs to go, not far til you too can yell like the soccer announcers and yell GOOOOAAAALLL!!!!!!

PRAVDA, thanks for letting us know you weren't effected by the nados there. You're sounding very positive! Keep that great attitude!!!

BOB, nope, it's CEDAR LAKE. See my post above about it! When do rerurns start? You'll have to meet us on I-95 and we can pool from there-what a wild ride that would be, huh????

BIGK, did Sarah say what the question regarding agave was? That would of been interesting to hear! Maybe a tequila question? Glad to hear all these wonderful SB dishes are a hit with non-SB'ers. Now they can see how you can eat so well and still stay OP. As I told you, I too have trouble with the cheesecake, which, by the way, I bought some cream cheese to make another one, though I think I better put it off for a while-I know what will happen. I will ask Suzanne to increase it to 15 people for the chat room, hope she can. What's going on with ZSUZSU???

FRUIT, good going on those 4lbs-take them and run baby!!! I will try my darndest to call on Sat, maybe afternoon. Hoping to go to a comedy show with ELI on Sat. night.

SEF, geez, I'd love to have a loss like that on the scale, wouldn't that just be the best!!!! Thanks for the BETE NOIRE explanation. I knew NOIRE was dark, or black, but not BETE. When we went to Europe, Eli had a candy he liked and I can't even tell you the translation on the board, not very nice!

MUSIC, CONGRATS on breaking the 150 mark! WTG!!! Great loss this week for you! Glad to hear all is well with the mom and baby.

NANCE, I'll see you on the upswing-heck, as I type this, I'm on an I/M with you!!!!!

Can't believe it's almost midnight and I'm just getting this done now!!!

Time for bed!!!!

Nite!

Debbie
194/122/129
SB since 3/22/00
Reached goal 6/10/01
Old 04-18-2002, 08:24 AM   #94  
aka Zippy LiverFace

HA HA HA HA!!! I just looked at my post that starts with "I don't have much time to post" and then proceeded to take up a grand portion of the page. Actually, I used to be a typesetter so I can rattle off on the keyboard about as fast as I can think - now….if only I could just think faster!

Last night I did 2 miles for speed and jogged at about 3 different places during the trek and got my time down to 30:25, just over a 15 minute mile. Don't think I could do that for much more distance as I was dyin' but it's a start.

NEO is due sometime in May and we'll get him in late July or early August, depending on when the breeder will let us have him. I just can't wait!

FILLISE - I'm sorry to see that condolences are in order for you. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. Congrats on the compliments and converts!

HEARTMOM - What adorable children!! WELCOME You're certainly in the right place for support! What part of Mississippi do you hale from?

MONET Congrats on getting back down to your low - just think of how much lower it'll be when your stretch is over.

SHMILY777 WELCOME!! I'm going in order so someone has probably already answered this for you, but at the bottom of our posts if you see 3 numbers and a date that's starting weight/current weight/goal weight and when we started. Don't let my stats scare you! I've got PCOS and a very rebellious body. My endocrinologist is still working with me to find the right balance of meds to get my insulin levels under control.

COUNTRY I LOVE to mow!! I've always used a plain old push mower (no self propelled extras). I'm all for instant gratification! Of course, I don't like to edge and sweep so I leave that for the Meister.

RED You will have a ball with NANCEMEISTER!! Not that I've ever met her in person, but she is high on my list of 'MUST MEET IN PERSON SOME DAY'!!

KIMMY Don't think I ever told you how absolutely adorable you are! Your pics on the photo board are great! Did you and QUILTER ever get to eat SKYLINE CHILI together? I may get to plan a business trip to OH this year - if I do I definitely want to meet you and QUILTER!!

QUILTER - PAGING QUILTER!!!

JACK-K I LOVE Cooking Light!! We had a subscription for a year and I piled up so many recipes I wanted to try that Vince made me cancel my subscription until I got caught up. Now many of them are illegal, but many more are 'regulars' in our house. I tore out the pages of the recipes I liked and put them in sheet protectors and made my own cook-book out of those. Please do post that recipe for the chicken when you can.

JRED Hang in there! I went up 7 lbs. on week during our favorite cycle and then it slowly came back down - I think partly due to lack of water intake. If you're water isn't up there try that and see if it helps bring it back down quicker.

QUIVONDRA CONGRATULATIONS!!! Happy Dance for you!!!

PRAVADA Glad to hear you weathered the storms! Congrats on 100% OP, too! That's great motivation to stay on the right track.

BOB Did you see also where Sammy Hagar and David Lee Roth are teaming up to go on tour?? OMG, time has NOT been good to DLR! I didn't recognize him at all in his picture.

BKM I LOVE Survivor, but Meister hates it so I've always taped it to watch when he's not home. This season I haven't seen but maybe 3 episodes and I don't really know any of the players, but I'm VERY interested in this "All Star Survivor" that they are planning - if for no other reason than to see who they choose as their favorites.

BETH CONGRATS on the new job AND loss!!! Sending along prayers for your SD.

FRUIT WAY TO GO!! Slow and steady wins the race - that's what I keep saying to myself anyway….I figure one day I'll believe it!

GATOR Welcome back! I'm going to have to go read your documentary - You always do such a good job of making us feel like we were there!

SEF I want to bring you to Sea World! We can't get any of the animals to come up to us except for the Sea Lions when we have fish. Your story was hilarious!

MUSIC WTG!! CONGRATS!!!

NANCEMEISTER It's from Captain Underpants - someone posted the way to figure it out for us on one of the posts - I'll try to find the link - I know you'll have a cool name - we MUST find out your new name!

DEBBIE - Our favorite HFS caters mostly to 7th Day Adventists and they do have the best prices! It's just weird not being able to go shop there on Saturdays. Meister and I have salmon at least once a week - we do all kinds of things to it and it's always yummilicious! I'll try to compose some of the things we do for it - PUBLIX almost always has it on sale. Once I got a whole fish for $7 and they cut it into steaks and filets for me. We were in HEAVEN!!

MARIE - SIZE 14??!!?!?! YOU GO GIRL!!! I'm jealous - uh huh!! Looks like you're skyrocketing past me! I actually think your scales are wrong - you just don't seem like you weigh anywhere close to me!

HAVE A GREAT DAY EVERYONE!!

Last edited by SolShine; 04-18-2002 at 08:26 AM.
Old 04-18-2002, 09:15 AM   #95  
Child of God

Default Good Morning!!!

I just lost my post!!!! I hate it when that happens!

It is so beautiful here today! There is not a cloud in site and the temp is to be about 80!!! I love the sun and actually get depressed when it is gloomy out......so I will take the hot weather anyday!
Ok...someone said something about a zoo in Sidney, OZ...where is that? I can't for the life of me think of what state OZ stands for. The one here in Cinci is pretty......very hilly which makes it hard when you have to push a stroller. The one in Columbus is so much nicer!!! That is were I am from and grew up going there and went through all the changes w/ the zoo. Remember when they used to just have the animals in cages...it was great for us because we could always see them....but not good for the animals. Well, the Columbus zoo had a major over-haul when Jack Hanna took over and it is awesome. I have always heard the San Diego zoo is nice. I amy go to Kent. and check out some of theirs this summer. I love the zoo. It is amazing to see all of Gods creations....just amazing!

Solshine......you are too nice! Thank you so much. Kim and I have not met yet...I think we are both so busy right now....my problem is 5 kids and she works. We will get together. She has been too busy to post.....

Gotta go.......be back later

Last edited by Kimmythekid; 04-18-2002 at 09:43 AM.
Old 04-18-2002, 09:25 AM   #96  

Height: 5' 7"

Default Good morning!

Well, those two nasty water pounds are gone...yeah. Isn't it funny how such a small thing can make a person happy. *smile* But yes it makes me feel so much better.

SolShine...I agree about the mower I don't use the self propelled either. Mostly because they break so much faster. Our yard is so big by the time I get it all mowed it's time to mow again. God forbid if I decide to go out and mow some of the pasture. I would never get done. *smile* But I love the way the lawn looks when it's first cut. What's so funny is growing up I always got my boyfriend to cut it. I couldn't stand to mow. Starting last year I found out it wasn't so bad. This year I can actually breath while I mow...LOL the weight loss makes a big difference in the chore area.

Beth.. when do you start the new job?

Fruit...Have a great day even though you have to take the kids to the dentist. I know how that is. We took all five last time at once...never again...LOL

As much as I would like to sit here and type some more life is calling. *smile* The kids won't do their school if I don't sit them down and say..start. *smile* Have a blessed and wonderful day.

Love,
Crystle
Old 04-18-2002, 09:39 AM   #97  
SUPER CHICK aka Moderator

Good Thursday Morning Everyone!!!

Got in my 4.5 miles in 46:51 despite being pooped. NANCE and trying to get a post kept me up waaay past my bedtime and I was tired when I awoke, but somehow managed to get the old body up and out there to hit the pavement.

Not much planned today except staying home and tyding up before the COFFEE MAN makes it home tonight.

Hey gals, I just found a great new site for LEBANESE RECIPES!!!! Check out the link below:

http://www.lebaneserecipes.f9.co.uk/index.htm

Also, check out the link at the bottom of the page for the grocer. Going to check out and see what they have that I can't find here, if there is anything.

SOL, what time did you put for the WDW?? I think the company gave me the name of the SDA store there in Winter Park. Is that the one you go in? Is the grocery area large? Next time I'll have to check it out. What do you guys do to make your salmon not stink up the house?? I smell it at the store, it doesn't smell, it looks fresh, they say it is, but it STINKS!!!! I spray a non-stick pan with spray and cook it dry, nothing on it. When it's almost done I put a mixture of salt, pepper, cinnamon and these spices ELI brought home from Lebanon called SHISH TAOUK SPICES. Cook it till crispy and throw some pine nuts in the pan to brown and viola-delicious!!!

Morning COUNTRY & KIMMY

Okay, I'm outta here, time's a wasting and I have some stuff to get done before I have to start picking kids up from school!!!

Have a great day!

Debbie
194/121.5/129
SB since 3/22/00
Reached goal 6/10/01
Old 04-18-2002, 10:03 AM   #98  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Happy Thursday Gang!

Didn't get to post last nite so I am far behind today. Had Bunco with my friends. Forgot to take my triscuits with me so I didn't get to partake of the taco dip and other goodies. Got tohave some veggies. Of course passed ont he strawberry cake. Just sipped my coffee. It's ok, don't mind too much. Got a lot of compliments on my weight. Always makes you feel good.

JRed, Don't dispair about the 4#. It will probably come right off after TOM. Doesn't being a woman is the pitts sometime.

Quiv, WTG on metting your mini goal. I like to set mini goals too.

Pravada, One day at a time. You can do it. We have tornados here alot. Getting to me about that time. I hate them. Really scary.

Big Knights Mama, I know what you mean about kids growing up and going off before you know it. Mine was off to college and out and I think they should be 4 years old. I always tell people the same thing. It is a weird feeling, empty.

Beth, WTG on 4 pound loss. Woo Hoo!! Half way, I'm in the same boat. I figure if we did half, we can do it all. WTG

Fruit, WTG girlfriend on the 4 lbs. You can get to the mini goal. Hang in there.

Sef, I think I would count that 22# loss. LOL

Music Teach, WTG on braking the barrier. Glad to hear your friend and her baby are doing fine.

Nance, You crack me up. You are so upbeat and crazy. I laugh all the way thru your posts. Thanks.

Deb, Hate to hear your DD didn't get to go to Vegas. I wouldn't want to go alone either. I know you will be glad to have Eli home.

Hope I didn't miss anyone. If I did, sorry.
Have a great day everyone, check in later.

Jackie
257/196/145
10-10-01
Old 04-18-2002, 10:21 AM   #99  

Good Thursday morning everyone. Hope theres some great recipes to try. I'm completely blocked with them right now. I made my DH and I a pocket stew like you did in Girl Scouts last night. Foil with a hamburger patty, big slice of onion, some green beans, fresh mushrooms and a little cream of mushroom soup. I cooked it on the barbeque. It got done to perfection and tasted wonderful. I was so proud of myself. WELL I bloated, felt like I'd eaten a cow, got the worst indigestion and was miserable all evening. Guess there was to much fat in it and don't think I'll do that for awhile. But it sure was good.... Walked on my treadmill this morning and listened to an old Cher CD. I don't know what was louder me moaning I hate this or her singing. Noticed my husband got out of the room fast!!!! Is this going to be my day??? And I'm going for a hair cut shortley!! Ut oh...

Deb- What time do you get up to walk? Can't wait to go look at the recipes. I have to be careful I just tried eggplant and zucchini pie on my husband this week and he's now looking the dinner plate over real good before he eats!!! Wow I love salmon cooked with lemon on it and seasalt and pepper..

CountryMom- Yea for you!!!! That feels so good when you drop that water....

Kimmythekid-Its sunny and beautiful here and I LOVE IT. Just being spring makes me soooo happy.

Solshine-Wow you were booging on last night. I sure that would kill me if I did that but it must feel so good to be able to do that.....

Jred- I love your post, got to tell my sister...

Nancemeister- I love your posts they're fun to read and I'll bet you're quite a gal..... Hope they let you ride in the van. The pre-paid gas card sounds like it'll do the trick.....Hey and I want a personal message next time. I feel so left out!!!!!

Sef- Oh my gosh 22 lbs. If you lost that much from now on you have to write down your menu everyday cause I'm eating just like you..... Hope you got a good nights sleep....

Fruitloupe-Yea for 4 lbs. Fruit that is absolutly wonderful. You should run with it and jump up and down, maybe a couple double back flips!!!!

Monet- Today is a whole new day. Forget about the cheat and have a fresh start!!!

Beth- Good for you!!! 4 lbs for you to..... Congradulations. And I'm so proud you got the job. Hope your SD is doing better..

BigKnights-Oh yea my favorite t.v. night! Survivor!!!! And then CSI and I hope its not another rerun.... Hope you have fun with your son!!!

The Big Orange Babe- Howdy to ya. Please let the Nancemeiser ride with you....

Got to end this right now and get my shower before my hair cut. Will be back later.....
Old 04-18-2002, 10:41 AM   #100  
Clay Girl

Default still MIA

Hello,

some of you may still remember me....before I dropped off the face of the earth.

Just been soooo busy! Working a lot at school, working a lot at home, my kiln is still NOT hooked up, and so on.

No news - except that i tested normal for my thyroid. I guess i have no excuses now not to lose weight properly. DR said it was probably my metabolism that would have me gain on recommended 1600 calories (while exercising).

I also don't have PCOS(which is very good news also), but I do have ovarian cysts, which I hear is something completely different. Whatever. THe bottom line is, the only thing left to be checked is my heart (which is resting at about 55 beats per minute), because my DR thinks I should have it checked due to childhood illness.

I am also thinking about getting another dog ( I met a doggie girl, which I love!!!), but I can't afford her. These people found her walking around in the neighborhood, took her in and are now looking for a home. SHe looks just like my Ricky! She is about 1 year old, and very playful.
I can't afford her shots and stuff, though. Also, she may have to be spayed first, which is another expense.... i am torn. The founder of the dog calls me every now and then about her, and I feel so guilty for not going to get her.
My family, of couse, know how broke I am and are giving me the raised eyebrow treatment, when I mention another dog... but she is sooooo sweet!

Help?

I'll be better at keeping up from now on.
K

Bye now.

Vesna
Old 04-18-2002, 10:54 AM   #101  

This morning I felt a bit better - still got the stuffy head syndrome but hanging in there - I am getting excited, in two weeks I will be on my birthday getaway to Orlando! I started using sunless tanning lotion just to give myself some color, and I am doing my best to get some pounds off so my clothes fit loosely and comfortably!

Bob -I have been watching the Osbournes - they are funny. I don’t particularly like the spoiled rotten son, Jack, but Ozzy and his wife are pretty funny! I was also a crazy teenage fan of his - loved Black Sabbath - watching the show is a shock to see the horrible condition his body is in and how he can barely talk - hehehe - with his speech to his kids about not doing drugs - and he said look at me! look at what it has done to me! I really thought that was great, because he is in bad shape!

BKM- I am right there with you about Survivor! Hahahah - tonight is Survivor night, and my best friend will be coming over and having a SB’ers Legal dinner with me and watching the show...though if this head cold brings me down tonight - it will not be dinner at my house - but telephone calls in between commercials. And cannot forget CSI either!!!

Beth - Congratulations on the new job and the weight loss!!!! You must be on Cloud 9!!!

Fruit - Thanks, the antibiotics are starting to really kick the sinus part - so I am doing better.... Also, thanks for the laugh about the woman who lost the weight - you are funny, sorry I missed that show!

Sef - Great story about the tiger - I wonder what it was about you that made you look like a tender morsel he was probably dying to eat

Music - Congrats on your loss !!!!

Deb- Thank you for the encouragement. Sadly I have to work and a full day at that here at the office when I am sick or not. I did take Monday off... All H * E * Double Hockey Sticks breaks loose when I am off. I get phone calls at home “Oh I am sooooo
sorrrrryy that I have to call youuuuuuu (whine) but how, why, where, when.....” So I just bite the bullet and come in...and spread the germs What is Carbolite? Thanks for the link of Lebanese recipes!

Schmily - Welcome, I too am a newbie having started the first week of April. I have found the members to be a great source of encouragement, positive vibes, and a wealth of information to help me!!!

Quiv - Have you seen the movie Green Card? Loved it!! When you mentioned it, the movie came to mind..... Congrats on your loss!

Kimmy - Ooops, it was Columbus’ zoo I had heard of - thanks

Country - Congrats - and I agree my day is nothing but big smiles and sunshine when I see the scale drop!!! even if it is just ˝ a pound!!!

Jack-K - Love BUNKO!!! Used to play with a group, but then they changed the night and I could not go anymore.... good for you on passing on the Strawberry cake and illegal treats! Now I am hungry!!! hahaha
Old 04-18-2002, 11:09 AM   #102  
super mom

Hi everyone

Sorry I haven't been around in a week - just kinda became withdrawn. Yesterday was my youngest sons b-day - we had a party at Chuck E Cheeses for him last Satuday (great with no clean up for me). Anyway, I have been feeling really lonely missing DH REALLY bad and didn't feel like talking to anyone - except my kids. I miss him a lot and am feeling sorry for myself knowing that we are only 2 months into this cruise and still have a very long way to go (Sept). Does anyone listen to country music? There's a song by Lonestar called Already There that puts me in tears everythime they play it on th radio. Its actually about a truck driver who misses his family and calls from his road trip. The fist two lines could easily be changed to talk about a sailor calling from a port on the other side of the world.

j red - keep me posted when you find out what ship your son will go to - if he does to ours my hubby can keep an eye out for him. What coast is he hoping to get stationed out of?

Since I missed WIW yesterday I'll let you all know that I managed another 2 pound loss Little by little and day by day those dreaded pounds are melting away. DD is doing great still and is down 5 pounds. She said she no longer wants most of the junk foods she pigged out on - not even the stuff at her work (DQ). Her only missed food are the school french fries but sh'e been staying away from them. DH sent me his SB numbers to and he is down 21 pounds total.

I have been trying to open our pool for the season - yuk what a job this is. We strated with a deep green swamp and now have a cloudy teal colored water pit. I'm off to the pool place for more chemicals today. I love the daily pool cleaning stuff. I go out early when the kids are still alseep and brush down the sides - its quiet and relaxing. We have had record temps here lately and I even had to turn the AC on.

Since there is almost 100 posts already this week there's no way for me to catch up with everyone - sorry. If you're sick - hope you get better soon, if you lost weight - congratulations, if you gained - today is a new day, etc.....

TTFN
Denise
Old 04-18-2002, 11:11 AM   #103  

Thought I'd try to finish catching up...

Tranquil- Glad you're on the mend.... Keep getting better!!!

Vesnoid- Welcome back. wonder where'd you'd popped off to....Know how it is about those doggies. I have three dogs and two cats. I vow no more. But oh they're always so cute. But it is expensive. And summer seems to be a time of money money money for them. Glad your thyroid was normal....

Now I'm off to get a hair cut. Wish me luck that she doesn't butcher me.... LOL....
Old 04-18-2002, 11:15 AM   #104  
karen3000

Default Yes, I still lurk...

I wanted to thank you for all the birthday wishes this week. Many of you don't even recognize my name because I have not been posting for the last few months. Since I just can't stay on the wagon for more than a day or two, I really don't feel like I have much to add to the board. It's great to see so many new names and all the successes that so many of you are having! Keep up the great work and maybe some of that inspiration will wash off on me again!

For all those who have been going through rough/sad times recently, you are in my thoughts and I hope that the sun is shining a little brighter in your lives these days. We, too, have been saddened at the loss of my DH's brother yesterday. He had an incurable form of cancer (mesothelioma), but survived much longer than anyone had thought. In fact, we were quite surprised to get the call that he had passed. We leave Friday early to travel to St. Louis to be with the family for the funeral.

BOB - since my birthday will be spent in a much more somber atmosphere, I expect you to party for the both of us! Have a wonderful day full of fun and surprises!

I still try to read the posts to keep up with all of you. Now that there are so many, it's really hard to keep everyone straight. You are a wonderful community of caring people!

Karen

Old 04-18-2002, 11:45 AM   #105  
Just me!

Post Hello everyone!

Wow! I love this board. Not only is this WOE great, but everyone on the board makes it easier. Nothing much to say today. I've got to learn who everyone is. That is probally the hardest part. So many wonderful people. I live in Cochran, Georgia. I'm not from Georgia, I am originally from California. I guess you could say I'm a military brat. People down here are very friendly. I met my dh down here. The rest of my relatives live in Ohio.

I just came back from vacation this week. I work as a Human Resource Manager. I'm getting bored with my job. I like to be busy and right now I'm not. Matter a fact, I haven't been busy since I learned my job 3 years ago. I've decided to do the home course study on Medical Transcriptionist. It's a 4 month course. That way I can work from home with my beautiful daughter.

I did okay yesterday on the SB. Just discourage because I didn't do to good before going on this WOE and I had lost down to 240 and now I'm back up to 245. But of course it's almost TOM. Maybe I'll weigh less this weekend. My mom is on this diet and so is my sister. My mom has the same amount to lose as me and my sister has about 5 lbs. to lose. The funny thing is I put my mom, sister, dad, daughter, and husband on this WOE. I figure we could all stand to be healthy.

Thanks for all the encouragement. I promise that I will try to learn who everyone is.

245/245/170
Started SB 4/17/02

Last edited by SHMILY777; 04-18-2002 at 11:47 AM.
Closed Thread