Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

Closed Thread

Old 08-23-2007, 04:34 PM   #121  

Hey ya'll! I haven't fallen off the planet!!

I've been so busy at the new school , but I love it! I got on the scale this morning just for the heck of it and I'm down two pounds!

Everyone have a great week!!
Old 08-23-2007, 10:46 PM   #122  

Evening! Dinner was half a can of garbanzos, with some feta, fresh tomato and black olives mixed in and balsamic vinaigrette. I mixed in a bit of leftover whole wheat pasta. I had half a piece of chicken piccata too. I feel wretched. Something from the bit of leftover pasta I mixed into the garbanzos is talking back big time. I have had about four pieces of ginger, and it is not helping. Usually it is almost instantaneous help.

BOB: I unloaded the kiln and the mugs look good. I am ready to ship em to you. How are you doing on our bet? I had to make four of each just to make sure I had two of each, and they all turned out great. Do you want them all? I am not sure I would be able to find a buyer for them, but I can try if you don't want buy two of each.
Old 08-24-2007, 01:45 AM   #123  

Hey Ladies. Can I creep in with a little duck and cover? My tail between my legs?

I've had a really tough year. Yes, it's been about that long since I've been here. But life is really good and peaceful right now except for one thing. I'm HUGE!!!

I can't sleep right now because I had to buy a 16 pair of pants this week. I never thought I would be this size again. I'm in shock.

Anyway, I suddenly feel sleepy so I'm going to go try it out. I'm going to get my but back in gear starting tomorow.
Old 08-24-2007, 01:46 AM   #124  

Wow. Just had to add that that ticker is depressing. I think I'm back up to 205. The biggest i've been in 5 years. I'll fix the ticker later.
Old 08-24-2007, 07:06 AM   #125  

TALITHA: Wow...what a joy to see you post! I tried calling you once, but had the wrong number, or something! I was afraid I would never hear from you again! Of course we will take you back. How are the kids?
Old 08-24-2007, 08:30 AM   #126  
Addicted to potato salad!

You can come back only if you POST PICTURES OF THE KIDLETS!! SO nice to see you again! I know exactly how you feel, I cried over a pair of 18 pants on my 39th birthday, having been a size 5/6 most of my life and growing out of the 16's I hated so much. Which brought me here so many years ago.

welcome back!!
Old 08-24-2007, 08:46 AM   #127  

Ok, I need to get serious here. Breakfast was a whole wheat english muffin with whipped cream cheese, and a diet coke.

I am going to wait a few, then go get in the pool before it gets too hot out. My blood sugar was awful this morning, and Tom reminded me that I did not exercise yesterday! So, it is back to the straight and narrow. It is too hot to walk, but the pool will do!
Old 08-24-2007, 08:53 AM   #128  
sef

Good Morning,

Still feeling pretty good, except for a little additional pain. I think it will rain in a couple of days, no matter what the weatherman says!

Scale is down 3#, which although not earth shattering, is good.

Yesterday was busy but that's okay. Tried to pace myself.

This morning I'm going to the podiatrist to be fitted for new shoes, thank heavens medicare insurance covers them.

I have been going in the pool each day and making Bitsy go too. This dog follows me everywhere, I can't even go to the bathroom alone. Yesterday was different. She's tagging along as usual until she saw me get my suit and towel, then she ran under the chair and did not want to come out. I got her and she wasn't happy. Last spring she got knocked into the pool playing with my DIL's dog and she panicked, if my son hadn't been in the yard I might have lost her. Now she has learned to swim to the steps and get out.

TALITHA: Glad to see you back even if it means you have had a struggle. I think most of us have been there and know how hard it is. We will never be able to sit back and relax after losing pounds! Why is human nature such as it is? We're maintaining doing fine and one day we get up and the scale is screaming at us! I did the same.

Have to get ready for my appointment. See y'all later.

May good things happen, Shirley
Old 08-24-2007, 09:09 AM   #129  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Good morning ladies.

It has been busy here and I didn't get to post yesterday. I was out of the office most of the day. I went to the eye dr and I'm trying new contacts. I have trouble since I need bi-focal ones. We will see how this goes. I also have to see a cardiologist next Tuesday. My PCP thinks the water retention could be from my heart. I don't. I had one Echocardiogram 3 years ago and it was fine. I think another one is a waste of my money. And I have to find a dermatologist as one dr thinks a spot on my arm may be skin cancer. Then I have to get a colonoscopy (sp) I love being old. I just want to crawl into bed and stay there. Is this a post your illnesses board?
We are going to Lexington on Sat to visit my niece that lives in Maryland. Then Sunday we are going to the lake with some friends. Again another busy weekend.

Tech, congrats on the 2 lbs. Did I tell you I have already lost my 10 lbs. That was a given. I will be happy with 3 by 9-1. What will be will be. Just wait and see what the plan is.

Sef, I am so glad you are feeling better. Plus 2.5 lbs gone. That is great. Take it easy and keep on feeling good. I thin staying on plan for 2 weeks is a great challenge.

Monet, I freeze the heals of my ww bread, then one day I toast it all and crumble it up as bread crubs. Works great. I am so glad your pottery is going so well. You have such great talent.

Thin, congrats on the loss. Come back when you can.

Talitha, welcome back. We have missed you. Of course you can join us again. I agree with Tech, you must post pics of the kiddies.

Better get busy. There is only 2 of us here today to answer phones. Have a great weekend.
Old 08-24-2007, 01:07 PM   #130  

Lunch was a grilled cheese and ham sandwich on ww bread with tomato slices in it. Yum!

SOLLY: Keep us posted on these health issues you are having. I am praying for you.

SEF: Good for you getting in the pool! I got in this morning for 40 minutes. It felt good to get it done this morning...if I wait, I never seem to get it done. Poor Bitsy! I guess she is kind of afraid of the water after that falling in episode! Funny she knows what is going to happen when you pull your suit out! haha!

Tomorrow is the party for Kaeleb's birthday. The house is a wreck, and I am trying to declutter and clean, but I am running out of steam! The parents are helping some, but not too much as they see no problem with clutter and a messy house!

Old 08-25-2007, 11:33 AM   #131  

It's been a busy week.

I had a min-victory last night. Our church had a 1920's East Coast Swing 'Prom' as a fundraiser. I decided t 2:30 yesterday to make a dress, and actually did it in time! It looked great and I felt great. That's a big deal at this point, you know? So, like I said, I felt great. I had 2 soft tacos for dinner and at the party I only ate a small handful of almonds, 1 WW cracker with chicken salad, and 2 creme puffs. I know the creme puffs could have been avoided, but I felt pretty proud of myself for passing up the other deserts. They had fruit salad, but it had watermelon and pineapple. I'm allergic to both. Wierd, I know.

The kdis are doing great. I'll get some photos for you later this week or on monday. I'm cleaning liek crazy today.

Oh, and I weighed this morning and was down 3.5 frim last week. I'm not counting it as a real weigh in yet. I need to see what day you all are weighing now. I think I do best weighing on Fridays because it motivates me the most for the weekend?

Glad to be back (((hugs all around)))
Old 08-25-2007, 09:05 PM   #132  

Kyle caught a fish!! I think if you click on it, it will be vertical instead of horizontal. His first fish!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PICT1656.jpg (26.2 KB, 13 views)
Old 08-25-2007, 09:07 PM   #133  
BIG ORANGE FOOTBALL RULES

Monet..... I'll take the extra....is it in the bet????

Talatha....NEED PICTURES OF THE BABES!!!!!

Got the fish ......let's see how it goes!!!!! fish and salad.......no calories!!!!!

BOB
Old 08-25-2007, 10:42 PM   #134  

BOB: Hmmm...what do you think I ought to do??? I do hope you don't mind paying for the shipping!
Old 08-26-2007, 11:58 AM   #135  

Menu check/journal: Yesterday for breakfast I had scrambled eggs, bacon and some peaches...lunch was a slightly illegal sandwich with ham, cheese, tons of romaine and tomatoes on a crostini type sandwich roll with grapes and cantaloupe...dinner was grilled chicken on a salad with some homemade white wine/balsamic vinagrette and a corn on the cob.

Today for breakfast was some bacon and half a peach and a banana. The rest of the day...well, I tend to fly by the seat of my pants, but have plenty of legal fare to keep me on track.

Net result: I am down another pound. I realized last week that my scale was unbalanced, so I corrected my ticker, adding two pounds to my start weight, but I'm down to 163 now and that is very encouraging. 150's, I'm on my way back!!

We're planning on going fishing again today. Hopefully I'll have some pictures of Shelley catching a fish this time. It was funny, almost every time Kyle put his hook in the water, he came up with something. He caught what looked like a rock bass that was was so big, it snapped his line and he lost it. Shelley was three feet from him and couldn't catch anything but seaweed. She has my luck fishing, that's for sure. She has a good attitude about it, though and still has fun.

Okay...back to my morning while there's still 2 mins left of it.
Closed Thread