Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

Closed Thread

Old 08-20-2007, 05:58 PM   #106  

Tonight, Justin is fixing dinner. Yay! He thought he worked, and Laura dropped him off. He found out he was not on the schedule, so he called, but no one answered so he walked. A friend of ours saw him and picked him up, came in and gave Laura a job working at her smoothie bar two shifts a week. It will let her work out for free at the gym it is in, so she is pleased even though the pay is bad.

My piece was flawed beyond hope, so I broke it up and threw it in the scrap bucket. It about broke my heart, but I will get over it.

I know it is not Friday, but this was pretty amusing...so I thought I
would post it.

On the first day, God created the dog and said:
"Sit all day by the door of your house and bark at anyone who comes in or walks past. For this, I will give you a life span of twenty years."

The dog said: "That's a long time to be barking. How about only ten years and I'll give you back the other ten?"

So God agreed.

On the second day, God created the monkey and said:

"Entertain people, do tricks, and make them laugh. For this, I'll give you a twenty-year life span."

The monkey said: "Monkey tricks for twenty years? That's a pretty long time to perform. How about I give you back ten like the dog did?"

And God agreed.

On the third day, God created the cow and said:
"You must go into the field with the farmer all day long and suffer under the sun, have calves and give milk to support the farmer's family. For this, I will give you a life span of sixty Years."
The cow said: "That's kind of a tough life you want me to live for sixty years. How about twenty and I'll give back the other forty?"

And God agreed again.

On the fourth day, God created man and said:
"Eat, sleep, play, marry and enjoy your life. For this, I'll give you twenty years."
But man said: "Only twenty years? Could you possibly give me my twenty, the forty the cow gave back, the ten the monkey gave back, and the ten the dog gave back; that makes eighty, okay?"

"Okay," said God, "You asked for it."

So that is why for our first twenty years we eat, sleep, play and enjoy ourselves. For the next forty years we slave in the sun to support our family. For the next ten years we do monkey tricks to entertain the grandchildren. And for the last ten years we sit on the front porch and bark at everyone.

Life has now been explained to you...
Old 08-20-2007, 08:19 PM   #107  
BIG ORANGE FOOTBALL RULES

Monet,

You've got a bet. Not just because of the mugs, but because I HAVE TO DO THIS!!! I've never been this unconfortable in my life!

I get paid Friday....then it's off to the grocery to stock up on HEALTHY FOOD! I've been craving good baked Cod...I love that with salsa poured over before baking it. I might just have to go down to the fish market so
I'm assured it's good!

Wish me luck...I'm determined this time!

BOB
Old 08-20-2007, 09:46 PM   #108  
Addicted to potato salad!

Monet: Did you see the ISS and the Space Shuttle trailing behind it still? I saw it just as it passed Jupiter from my spot. Jupiter is cool to see through binoculars...you can usually see four of its moons in various positions around the planet.

Well, I'm ALL NIGHT without a snack except a glass of green tea. Nighttime snacking, I'm convinced, is the bane of my waistline. For dinner we ended up with chicken on the grill, homemade broccoli soup and grilled summer squash. I have to say, I really love my broccoli soup...its every bit as good as TGI Friday's.

Okay...off to the recliner to work on some sweaters. I've made TONS of baby sweaters for the Army familys at Fort Drum near Watertown. Last week I made two girl sweaters with matching hats and this week I've just finished a boy sweater with a hat and I'm working on a girl ensemble now in white with rainbow colored accents. I should take pictures. They're really very nice. The ladies I crochet/knit with really like my stuff and they're PROFESSIONAL knitters. One woman is from England and whips out this stuff that is just to die for. I think they just like that someone my age still cares about crocheting and knitting. It does seem to be a dying hobby/craft/skill or whatever. I love it and it keeps my hands of things like chips and bowls of ice cream while I watch tv. You know what happens to idle hands...

Okay...recliner is calling me!
Old 08-21-2007, 09:59 AM   #109  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Good morning ladies.

I'm still suffering with this sore throat. I went to the rheumatologist this morning and she gave me a z-pack. Hope that works. I had a bone density test and it was even better than the last time. Exercise does help ladies. Get out there and lift some weights.

Nothing else going on with me. Can you believe it? Oh, I do have spot on my arm that she is concerned about being skin cancer. So I need to find a dermatologist and have it looked out. Good gracious. That and a colonoscopy in the next few weeks!

Monet, what a shame about your piece. I know how hard you worked on it.

Bob, Glad you have determination. We can do this together. I love baked cod. Will have to try it with the salsa. You put it on before you bake it?

Tech, OK if your soup is so good, pass on the recipe.

We are finally getting some rain today. We really need it. But it is supposed to stop by noon and the humidity comes in make it over 100 again.

Off to get some work done. Have a great day
Old 08-21-2007, 05:32 PM   #110  
BIG ORANGE FOOTBALL RULES

DRIVE THROUGH!!!!

Jackie,

Yes, I puy the PACE...you can get what ever degree you want, but the mild is good. I usually cut up an onion and "ring it"...put that over the fish and then pour the salsa over top. Depending on how much fish you cook, you want to completely cover it. I usually buy that big jug of salsa and just keep it in the fridge.
It keeps forever!

BOB

Last edited by THE BIG ORANGE BABE; 08-21-2007 at 05:44 PM.
Old 08-22-2007, 10:33 AM   #111  

Okay...so yesterday I had oatmeal for breakfast with half a banana, an apple and a yogurt for lunch, then went to the zoo with the kids and had a small box of popcorn for a snack, then went grocery shopping so I can have fresh produce in the house and we had thin (but yummy) steaks for dinner with a salad with both veggies and fruit on it and a corn on the cob. I know, the corn is a no-no, but it's better than the potato salad that was there in recent weeks. Plus, corn on the cob is a delicacy up here this time of year picked right from the farmers fields and I think one ear here or there isn't gonna kill me. Anyhow....for a snack later on I had some popcorn...only because Derek and Kyle made it and I find it too hard to resist. Otherwise, I wouldn't have had anything for a snack. I also had about a pot of green iced tea to myself. And....

I'm down two pounds!! I knew the first few pounds of bloatedness would come off easy enough.

Anyhow...Monet...did you see the international space station yet? The space shuttle has landed, so you won't be seeing it trailing the space station anymore, but the ISS on it's own is still a cool sight.

Okay..have to go make breakfast before its lunchtime! It will probably involve eggs and fruit of some sort.

Old 08-22-2007, 11:18 AM   #112  

Morning! I got up early and went to breakfast with my neighbor. We then hit Trader Joes, and now I am home for a few before she heads over to glaze with me. I hope to get the kiln on this afternoon, though I must be nuts since they are predicting 102 temps today. Argh!

Breakfast was scrambled eggs, bacon, sourdough toast and the no no was cottage potatoes. I really wanted grits, but this place did not have them.

TECH: I was driving last night when the ISS was visible. I told my friends though, and they were going to try and see it. I will look later this week when there is another night that it passes close over Atlanta. I find corn does not raise my blood sugar as much as a piece of bread - even whole wheat- so as long as you only have the popcorn or corn on the cob occasionally, you ought to be ok. Way to go on the 2 pounds gone!

Old 08-22-2007, 12:03 PM   #113  

Well, I have an appointment with the Jefferson County Small Business Association next week to discuss starting the beauty salon. I haven't heard from the school on my interview last week, so I'm guessing I didn't get the job. Which I'm almost glad of because I've been having dreams about working in my own salon lately and it's always been my ultimate goal to have my own salon since I was about 17 years old and started my first job as a stylist in a private shop. I'm so psyched to go buy rollers and get some stations and chairs and products and paint it the way I want. What a dream come true it would be. Keeping my fingers crossed that I don't get the job. But if I do, that would be nice, as well, with summers and school vacations off automatically. Six of one, half dozen of the other type thing.

Anyhow...back to cleaning the house
Old 08-22-2007, 12:11 PM   #114  
sef

Good Morning All!

I can't believe how good I feel! Oh sure, I have the usual aches and pains that I've learned to live with, but there are no extra ones or increase in the strength of those usual ones. I guess goofing off for three days really helped.

I've even been in the pool that last two days, have not done that in a couple of weeks. It just seemed that it was too much to change into suit and then change back again.

I really have to learn how to pace myself. If I could do that it would be so much better. We even entertained at one of the NHs and I wasn't zonked out afterwards...tired yes but not zonked.

While I was going through those weeks of **** I couldn't control my eating. I'd just grab anything and dig in!! But the last two days I have been on track and have lost 2.5#. I'd like to join the challenge of sticking to food plan for two weeks. I don't know about 10# but I sure can try!

I even filled my hueg mug and have been drinking water again. I am so pleased with myself, just don't want to get cocky.

BOB"S cry was a battle call for me as that is exactly how I feel!

Will check in later. May good things happen, Shirley

Old 08-22-2007, 08:19 PM   #115  

Okay...quick menu post. Did I mention breakfast? I had oatmeal with peaches and strawberries and it was oh, so good! Then for lunch I had a slightly illegal sandwich because it was on this great crusty roll I bought at the store the other day, with ham, cheese, tomatoes and a big chuncky leaf of romaine. Washed it down with green tea. For dinner we had 'burger bowls' where I brown some hamburger meat with some onions and then put some shredded cheddar on it so it melts, then dump a nice healthy salad on top. So good iwth the cool salad on the hot burger meat.

Okay...gotta run...
Old 08-23-2007, 10:17 AM   #116  

Good morning! I am waiting to be able to open the kiln. It is really hot because the dummy who was firing it yesterday went down to turn it up to high, and turned it down to low instead. Didn't catch the mistake for four hours, which slowed the firing down by about 4 hours.

I am meeting Tom for lunch today at Cracker Barrel. I hope I can control myself and make good choices.

I just found whole wheat Panko breadcrumbs on Amazon and ordered them. Unfortunately, you have to order a whole case of them, so I am hoping my neighbor will take a few off my hands. If they are good, I am going to be excited. I will be able to make tempura, and tonkatsu legally and so it turns out right!

I de-cluttered a bit in my room this morning. I have two more boxes to go through and I will feel good about what I have accomplished. I am trashing lots of stuff. I have a Christmas ornament- a wreath made of different colored fabric stuffed tubes- one of the kids made. I am thinking of tossing it because I can't remember which kid made it! Depending on the kid, it might or might not matter! One of them would toss it for me, the other two are a bit more sentimental and might be terribly hurt if they saw it in the trash! Haha! The pains of parenthood!

Off to work!
Old 08-23-2007, 10:19 AM   #117  

Well, forget the two pound loss. It may be a two pound loss, but I was noticing the 0 was a little to the right of center last night on my scale, so I put it in the center, and my weight is now 166. So, back to the drawing board for that.

Today is my crochet club at the library. I'm working on a beautiful white sweater with a rainbow sherbet colored skirt. I have to finish the first sleeve, then make a matching hat. The hats are quick and easy.

Anyhow...I'm off ot make breakfast. Probably eggs with peaches (separate, not mixed together...bleh). I just love peaches this time of year and I'm considering planting a tree of them in my back yard.

Okay...off to fire up the frying pan.
Old 08-23-2007, 10:23 AM   #118  

Oh, and I also had a thought this morning of...if I realize my dream of having my own beauty salon/barber shop, of learning from a real barber how to do an old-fashioned shave with a straight razor and hot towels and the shaving cream and all that. I think that would be a real novelty for the old men in town. And I could charge, like, $10 for it and have customers for life! Kind of like a masculine facial! What do you guys think?
Old 08-23-2007, 10:24 AM   #119  

Good morning, Monet! We were posting at the same time!!
Old 08-23-2007, 01:39 PM   #120  

Lunch went well. I got a Chef Salad. Boy was it yummy! Lots of ham, bacon, turkey and cheese! I ate it all! I needed something starchy to stabilize my blood sugar so I ate one of Tom's biscuits, which was white flour. That was the only off plan thing I had, so I think I did ok!

TECH: That sounds pretty cool! Old fashioned barbers are rare! I think in this day and age, where folks don't mind paying to pamper themselves, it would be a very likely service to be a money maker! I hope you can realize your dream! I am in the first steps of trying to realize mine- I am actually selling my pottery to perfect strangers, and getting all kinds of compliments on it. I feel so encouraged!
Closed Thread