Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

Closed Thread

Old 08-19-2007, 01:39 PM   #91  

Just popping in to say howdy. Just walked on my treadmill and will do so this evening too. I had a fried egg sand. for lunch with some fresh cantaloupe. It was kind of breakfast and lunch. This evening DH is going to grill some chicken breasts for us to have this week. We're also doing a turkey tenderloin for dinner. Think I might have that with a salad and a baked sweet tater. I hope the scale is down in the morning tomorrow.

Sef- Sounds like you're having my kind of week end. A lazy one. But was glad I got my wash done. I see lots I need to do but it will have to wait till next week.

Monet-Sounds like you're busy making stuff. Its great you can sell them.

Bob- OOOOO I want to see that movie. Thanks for the review.

Missy- It sounds like you're a busy Mommy. Its got to be hard with two little ones. Don't forget to have some you time too.

Disney- Maybe you ought to try a week off from the Whey. Then you can see if its what causing the problem. I just have to ride those plateau's out.

aleka- This is my second Boston Terrier I had to put my other one down after 13 years with him. This one Jackson we have now is such a handful. He's only a 1 1/2 , and I think he'll never settle down.

tech- How you doing gal?

Guess I'll go to ebay and see if I won my cassette book. Have a good Sunday all.
Old 08-19-2007, 07:25 PM   #92  
sef

Just a evening drive-by. Did not go to church as I have been having a "sit'uation problem. So it was a lzy day with one nap. I will say I am feeling much better. I was so tired the last week or so I could barely get out of my own way. Now I feel ready to take on life again. I guess I just needed some time out and was forced to take it! Have to take things as they come.

This weeks calendar looks light, so maybe I will be able to ease back into things.

I can't sit too comfortably so will not do post replies. I am thinking of you all.

May good things happen, Shirley
Old 08-19-2007, 07:55 PM   #93  

Evening everyone! I, like SEF, skipped church tonight. I was expecting James to call me for a ride as he was coming in from New Jersey, and his flight was delayed. I finally called him and he got picked up by a friend and was heading out with him for a beer.

I spent a long time this morning working on a bowl I made yesterday. I did a very intricate design on the rim and I sure hope it makes it through the fire. I will be heartbroken if it breaks after all that work.

I feel like I am a pretty boring person right now. All I am interested in is getting my pottery projects done. I sold another piece on Etsy this morning, so I am feeling pretty focused, and encouraged.

Diet wise, I have had a fairly good day. I had a whole wheat English muffin with whipped cream cheese for breakfast, a piece of whole wheat stromboli (homemade and loaded with veggies..and delish!) for lunch, and salmon, okra and broccoli for dinner. I will need to have a bedtime snack so I can take my meds, since dinner was too early. I will probably go for a carton of yogurt. I feel kind of bloated, so I don't think I am losing anything. I avoid the scale as it messes with my head if I weigh too much.

I better go suit up and play in the pool for a bit.
Old 08-19-2007, 08:14 PM   #94  
BIG ORANGE FOOTBALL RULES

I'M SO FAT!!!

I HAVE NO WILL POWER!!

I FEEL SO GINORMOUS!!

THAT'S ALL.....

BOB
Old 08-19-2007, 09:20 PM   #95  

:slapBOB: BOB! Get a hold of yourself! You DO have will power...you just need to FIND it. What do you say we hold each other accountable one day at a time? If you can stick on plan for one month, the mugs are free. Whattya say?

Old 08-20-2007, 12:17 PM   #96  
Addicted to potato salad!

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE BIG ORANGE BABE View Post
I'M SO FAT!!!

I HAVE NO WILL POWER!!

I FEEL SO GINORMOUS!!

THAT'S ALL.....

BOB
ditto
Old 08-20-2007, 12:30 PM   #97  

I've started a new mini goal (see signature) to get back to where I was before I lost control on summer food. I want to stay ON PLAN for two whole weeks and walk the dog every day and see if I can't get rid of these ten pounds that seem to have found me after I successfully lost them.

Anyone care to join me on an old fashioned challenge? We haven't had one of those (that I've seen) in a long time! Let's see who can lose ten pounds before Labor Day? I think I'll treat myself to a pedicure if I get there.
Old 08-20-2007, 12:33 PM   #98  

TECH: I will join you in a mini goal for Labor Day, but ten is more than I can hope to lose in that time. Five might be possible.
Old 08-20-2007, 12:55 PM   #99  

Tech: I'll also join you in the mini goal challenge, it will keep me on the straight and narrow. I know I won't lose 10 lbs. by Labor Day, maybe 2 if I'm lucky.
Old 08-20-2007, 01:02 PM   #100  

I feel so bloated, I think I'll lose 5 lbs in water weight in no time, then I'll work on the other 5.
Old 08-20-2007, 01:58 PM   #101  

totally unrelated to our challenge, but I have to tell you guys about what I saw in the sky last night. I posted about it on the General Chatter area, so if you read it there, ignore me. Anyhow...we were at the planetarium in Rochester last weekend and they told us how you can see the International Space Station go by on many nights in august. So, we went down to the river (no trees there) to see if it was true and/or accurate. Sure enough, we see this yellow dot cruising up through the big dipper. Soon it was brighter than any star and cruising right overhead and then disappeared into the horizon behind us. Coolest thing...until last night when we saw it again, but the Space Shuttle had detatched from it and was trailing along behind it at the same speed. We'll only be able to see it for a couple more nights up here, but you guys down south will be able to see it for most of this week. Go here http://heavens-above.com/PassSummary...alt=305&tz=EST for when it will be passing over Atlanta!! It is truly cool to see...if you've ever seen a satellite going over, it's a lot like that, only much brighter. And knowing it's the space station is kinda cool, to me.

Check it out!!

By the way...if you are watching tonight, it will be passing just north of the big dipper, but tomorrow night will be a much better night as it will be much brighter and not as close to the horizon. And will be passing just to the end of the big dipper's handle.

and....tonight you should be looking for it at 9:30 sharp and tomorrow night, start looking for it at 10 mins to 10pm...again tomorrow night will be the best viewing. These times are for Atlanta viewers only...most of you in the South will be able to see it around the same time...just look around the big dipper for it to start going through the sky....

Last edited by techwife; 08-20-2007 at 02:04 PM.
Old 08-20-2007, 02:09 PM   #102  

Thanks, Kris! I am going to try and get out there and try and try and find it tomorrow night. Tom will be interested too, I am sure. I looked at all the orbits and pass maps and tomorrow will be one of the best nights. I think Thursday or Friday was pretty good too. I have never seen a satellite that I know of, so this will be very interesting.

Other news...my bowl got too hot too fast and developed a crack. I pulled it out of the kiln in hopes I can do a repair, but I was pretty bummed when I saw it. Pottery is NOT for the faint at heart. You spend hours on a piece only to have it blow up in the kiln.

I just ate lunch: a bowl of leftover pasta with veggies, and I added kalamata olives, feta cheese, chickpeas, and some Italian balsamic dressing. Yum!
Old 08-20-2007, 02:38 PM   #103  

Monet: Yay! Last night when I saw it pass, and the Space Shuttle was behind it, the SS flared up for a second and I think it was a rocket boost. I'm guessing...but it was cool!! Tomorrow night will definitely be better, but tonight could be a practice viewing getting used to looking for it.

I jsut had lunch, too...I had a salad with regular and romaine lettuce...cheese, tomatoes, cukes, ceasar vinagrette, parm cheese, leftover chicken from last night and a couple croutons and a 1/4 cantaloupe. I'm going to make a pot of greent iced tea in a minute. Will have light n fit yogurt for a snack around 3 or 4. For dinner is going to be some form of meat and some summer squash that I'm planning on cutting into thick slices, brushed with olive oil and salt and pepper and putting on the grill!
Old 08-20-2007, 02:52 PM   #104  
Today I am proud of...me!

S/C/G: 268/ticker/140

Height: 5'3"

Okay, I lost three pounds over the weekend, so I think I have moved past the plateau. What I did was, I stopped taking the elevator in my parking garage and at work and climb the stairs.........in addition to my regular excercise.

I usually park on level 5 and work on the 18th floor.........so it has been quite the change, the first day was awful, but I am working into it.

Today, I have had whey protein for breakfast, strawberries for a snack, chicken and green beans for lunch, and triscuits and cheese for an afternoon snack. I am thinking dinner is going to be a chicken and broccoli casserole recipe I found on a website for low carbers......and it is legal!

Bob - I know some days get tough and you feel like just giving up, but only do the things that make you proud and that you won't regret when you wake up tommorow!

That's kind of my motivation....... I am sick of feeling regret for letting the time pass me by while I stuff my face with bad food. So, I only make the choices I won't regret tommorow, next month, or next year!
Old 08-20-2007, 04:48 PM   #105  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Hi ladies,

Just a quickie as it is almost time to go home. We had a good time on the boat. It is a different crowd.

I still don't feel well. My throat is still sore. Dr said it was not strep, but viral. So nothing to take for it.

Bob, hang in there you can do it. You have done it before and we are here to help you do it.

Tech, I'll do the challenge. I can probably lose 10 by tomorrow. I will wiat and see where I am after tomorrow and then set a goal amount.

Monet, sorry your piece cracked. I hope you can fix it.

Missy, sounds like you are adjusting. It will take Lexie awhile. I agree, spend some one on one time with her.

Aleka, Do you by chance work at Direct TV? I called there today and the girl that helped me was named Aleka.

Gotta run type a letter before I go. Talk to you all tomorrow.
Closed Thread