Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

Closed Thread

Old 08-09-2007, 11:09 AM   #46  

Good morning! Today is Kaeleb's (my grandson) first birthday! It is hard to believe it has been a year! He is SO cute! I am making him a little 3-d frog cake, and for the adults a lily pad with a frog on it.

BROKEN: No, you are not boring us with your menu! It IS helpful to get feedback and posting your menu is a great way to get that feedback. We often have menus posted for just that reason. Post on! If you want to be really ticky about it, bananas are not legal. Some folks have no problems losing while eating green tipped bananas. If you find your weight loss slow or stalled, you can tweak things then, and you might want to leave off bananas at that point to see if they are a problem. I am diabetic, and I don't have problems with bananas. I know this because I have checked my blood sugar before and after eating one. Your new menu sounds much better, with a good amount of veggies. I love baby butterbeans! I especially like tiny pods of okra boiled on top of the beans. Your cheats are small, but do be careful. Even a little taste can set off a chain reaction and make you want more. If you can avoid them entirely, you might want to. I know I can't handle little cheats. It is like opening the flood gates for me. One bite and I am very close to losing it on a binge.
Old 08-09-2007, 04:25 PM   #47  

Height: 5'5

Monet that cake idea sounds sooo cute!!

Well when I had the syrup from the apple cobbler, I was ick I don't even want this. So that was all good. I know I'll have to watch myself, but for now I think I am doing very well! If I can just stay in that mind set. I might go purchse stuff for one of the cookie recipies posted here. I also purchased Turb Jam last night at around 3:45am. YAY!! Today I plan to stick to diet. I haven't eaten anything yet today, but I'm about to go fix me something.. I don't know what yet! I might check back in alittle later.
Old 08-09-2007, 09:27 PM   #48  

Hi to Broken Wing. Welcome aboard. Love to see your menu's. I don't eat at breakfast time because I'm rarely up. My DH works nights and I stay up really late. So I have breakfast at noon. Which was oatmeal with fresh blueberries in it. I had a snack of fruit and walnuts and a yogurt. For dinner tonight it was salmon, a huge salad and some fresh cherries. I got a week in walking on my treadmill. Yippee. Now if I can make it well through the week end. My cardio visit to my Dr. went well. He was pleased with me. I can't wait till I see him in six months. Hopefully I'll have lost lots of weight by then. Its boiling hot here in Missouri. Hope everyone is staying cool.
Old 08-10-2007, 09:20 AM   #49  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Good morning ladies.

I'm late getting to work as I stopped and got an epidural before I came in. It was very painful. More than any others I have had.

I've been up since 1:30. Could not sleep. I think I dozed on and off but I was awake every hour. Plus we have a wedding tonight that will last all night. Maybe I can sleep at my deck

Monet, glad you are back. I can't believe Kaeleb is 1 already. The cake sounds so cute. Pictures please.

Toni, congrats on your doctor appt. I bet he will be surprised withthe wt loss. You are doing so great.

Broekn, Your menu's look good. Man I would kill for some of those butterbeans. I love them, especialy fresh. My mom used tomake them for me all the time. Now I just open a can. Not nearly the same. But they do kill me, if you know what I mean.

Can't wait to hear about Missy.

Have a great day and a great weekend.
Old 08-10-2007, 04:17 PM   #50  

Default Pictures!

Here is my sweet little man on his first birthday! And his frog cake!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Kaelebsfrogless.jpg (21.9 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg kaelebeatscakeless.jpg (25.9 KB, 17 views)
Old 08-10-2007, 07:36 PM   #51  
BIG ORANGE FOOTBALL RULES

Hey all,

Just a note to let y'all know that Missy and Blake are home. He weighed
8lbs and 15 1/2oz and was 20 1/2 inches long.

She will post some pictures when she's rested a bit more. I have to brag, She sent me some and he is a "BIGGUN"...I won't steal her thunder though.
She'll have to show him to you.

BOB
Old 08-10-2007, 08:32 PM   #52  

So sorry I have'nt been here! This new school thing is great, but I'm really busy and exhausted when I get home. The first week is always slow, but so far we've been busy. Today Teri (the other nurse that's with me three hours a day) and I saw 42 kids between us and we did 41 headchecks for lice, yuck!! We also have 1100 kids health sheets to look through and file away. I'm really gald it's Friday!!
On the other hand, I'm so busy, I don't have time to snack and munch and I've lost two pounds this week to my ticker weight again. Next week is TOM, so I will probrbly see what I weigh the next Monday and adjust my ticker if needed.
Just wanted to let you know I am still kicking and trying to lurk enough to keep up with what's new!!

Congratulations Missy!!!
Old 08-11-2007, 06:56 AM   #53  

Hi everyone,

Congratulations Missy!! Can't wait to see the pictures.

Monet, what an adorable grandson you have and he looks like he's really enjoying his cake. The cake you made is amazing. Are you self taught or did you take classes?

Broken, thank you for posting your menu's. I'm fairly new myself and it gives me an idea of what to have. I am up early so I usually eat breakfast. It's usually Fiber One Cereal with fresh fruit. Now that it's summer I have fresh blueberries.

Thin, hopefully next week will be a little less busy for you. Congratulations on your weight loss!

Toni, glad that the Dr. visit went well. It's boiling hot here in FL too. My dog had to go out in the wee hrs. this morning and the heat just hit me right in the face. I couldn't believe how hot it was at 2am.

Solly, hope you had a good time at the wedding. Some nights I have a hard time sleeping, thankfully it's not very often. I go to sleep right away, but 2-3 hrs. later I'm wide awake and can't get back to sleep. Hope you slept better last night.

Hi everyone!

Have a great weekend.
Old 08-11-2007, 09:00 AM   #54  
sef

Hi all,

Just a quickie. I am still here struggling. I can't seem to focus. I am sick and tired of the way things are going. This is my last complaint. I am just going to plug along and keep my mouth shut. All I do is moan and groan. I haven't stitched or crocheted for at least a week or more. I am in a rut!!!

Missy's Blake is as Bob said, "a biggun". I know when when she's up and about more she will post her pictures.

HOT HOT HOT HUMID HUMID HUMID........let the dogs oput and it doesn't take them long to do their thing and they are back at the door!

DS made breakfast this morning. Probably not a good one for me but it sure tasted good. 2 eggs over easy and 3 little sausage links. Need to get a coffee now to get the old ticker pumping.

Will try to do better.

May good things happen, Shirley
Old 08-11-2007, 04:46 PM   #55  

Just popping in to say howdy. Trying to stay cool. Eating has been pretty good. Hope you all are having a good week end.
Old 08-11-2007, 04:53 PM   #56  
Bustin' Buddy

HEY MY FRIENDS!!

We're home! As BOB and SEF told you - he's a biggun! HA! Actually, we thought he would be bigger! But, we'll take him like he is!

Everything went well...we went in Tuesday night at midnight and they started to induce but nothing happened. He was content to be in there and wasn't ready to come out. So, we did a section and he was born at 8:52 Wednesday morning. I'm feeling great - just a little sore. Blake is doing great - he's eating well and sleeping for 3 1/2 to 4 hours at a time. So, so far so good! Hopefully it continues. Alexis seems to be accepting things pretty well too - she goes over and looks at him and waves to him.

I'm attaching a few pics for your viewing pleasure!! HA!

Love you gals!!
Missy
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC00965.jpg (32.2 KB, 23 views)
File Type: jpg dsc01024.jpg (21.5 KB, 23 views)
File Type: jpg DSC01029.jpg (30.0 KB, 28 views)
File Type: jpg DSC01033.jpg (21.6 KB, 25 views)
Old 08-11-2007, 07:06 PM   #57  

ISN'T HE JUST THE CUTEST THING!!!!! I just love that picture of Lexie looking at Blake!

I thought y'all might like a little history lesson this weekend...We're pretty proud of the things we have in KENTUCKY...I might not live there anymore, bit it will ALWAYS be HOME!!

Here are a few:

History Lesson on Kentucky

For those of you who live in Kentucky you might find this interesting.
And for those of you who don't, YOU might also find this interesting.

Today's history lesson!

1792 - Kentucky was the first state on the western frontier to join the
Union

1816 - (first promoted) Mammoth Cave, with 336+ miles of mapped
passages, is the world's longest cave.
It is 379 feet deep and contains at least 5 levels of passages.
It's second only to Niagara Falls as the most popular tourist
attraction in the US.
It became a National Park on July 1, 1941.

1856 - The first enamel bathtub was made in Louisville

1883 - The first electric light bulb was shown in Louisville.
Thomas Alva Edison introduced his invention to crowds at the
Southern Exposition.

1887 - Mother's Day was first observed in Henderson by teacher
Mary S. Wilson.
It became a national holiday in 1916.

1893 - "Happy Birthday to You", probably the most sung song
in the world, was written by two Louisville sisters - Mildred and
Patricia Hill.

Late 19th century - Bibb lettuce was first cultivated by Jack Bibb
in Frankfort, Kentucky

1896 - The first (known) set of all male quintuplets was born
in Paducah.

1934 - Cheeseburgers were first tasted at Kaelin's restaurant
in Louisville.

1937 - The first Wigwam Village Motel, with units in the shape
of a "teepee", was built by Frank A. Redford in Cave City.

The world's largest baseball bat, a full one hundred twenty (120)
feet tall and weighing 68,000 pounds, can be seen at the Louisville
Slugger Museum in Louisville (Jefferson Co.).

Chevrolet Corvettes are manufactured only in Bowling Green.

Covington (St. Mary's Cathedral-Basilica of the Assumption) is
home to the world's largest hand blown stained glass window in
existence.
It measures an astounding 24 feet by 67 feet and contains
117 different figures.

The world's largest crucifix, standing at sixty (60) feet tall,
is in Bardstown (Nelson Co.).

Fort Knox holds more than $6 billion worth of gold - the largest
amount stored anywhere in the world.

The JIF plant in Lexington is the world's largest peanut
butter producing facility.

Kentucky has more resort parks than any other state
in the nation.

Middlesboro is the only United States city built inside a
meteor crater.

Newport is home to The World Peace Bell, the world's
largest free-swinging bell.

Pike County is the world's largest producer of coal.

Pikeville annually leads the nation (per capita) in
consumption of Pepsi-Cola.

Post-It Notes are made exclusively in Cynthiana, Ky.

Shaker Village (Pleasant Hill) is the largest historic
community of its kind in the United States.

Christian County is 'wet', while Bourbon County is 'dry'.

Barren County has the most fertile land in the state.

Lake Cumberland has more miles of shoreline than
the state of Florida.

Kentucky is best known for its beautiful blue grass.

And, let us not forget about the basketball and the
Race Horses !!

"When someone shares something
of value and it benefits you, you have
a moral obligation to share it with other's."
Chinese Proverb

If you don't cuss and are nice
to Mom & Dad, don't use drugs
and eat all your vegatables as
you go through life,Then when
you die we'll let you come to
"KENTUCKY"

A true friend is someone who reaches for your hand
and touches your heart.

BOB
Old 08-12-2007, 09:26 AM   #58  
Goddess

Missy--I am so thrilled for you! Blake is adorable, as is his big sister. I am over come with joy and gratitude that you now have two healthy, beautiful children. God does, indeed, work in mysterious ways.

Susan
Old 08-12-2007, 10:32 AM   #59  
Bustin' Buddy

BOB: When I went to take that picture of Blake and Lexie the batteries went dead - Terry was running like a mad man looking for new batteries because we didn't want to miss that shot! Well, she did it again for us - we were surprised!! It is so cute!

FILLISE: You are so right - God does work in mysterious ways! We are so blessed! We will enjoy every moment of this - we've waited SO LONG for our family!!

Well, we had another good night last night - pray that it continues!!

Talk to you soon!
Missy
Old 08-12-2007, 02:16 PM   #60  

Missy,

I know each and every baby you lost broke your heart, but as SUSAN said,
but in my words...Maybe it was meant to be in order to get this PERFECT,
GOD'S ANGEL....let me correct that...BOTH OF YOUR ANGELS!!!

BOB
Closed Thread