Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

Closed Thread

Old 08-01-2007, 10:50 PM   #16  

Just dropping in for a quick hello and I haven't fallen off the face of the earth!! Who knew moving into a new school would be so much work?! I went in Monday morning to a clinic full of boxes! Cabinets and shelves totally empty. It's great to be able to set everything up like I want it, but how do you decide what you want?? I've been in there everyday and I think I've finally tinkered with it till I'm satisfied. Our "meet and greet" where the kids and parents come in to meet teachers and have a look around is tomorrow. Then I also have to take Rachel to her middle school and Sean wants to go over to the high school walkthrough to find his classes and meet teachers, so we'll be in school all day! I guess we'll go shopping for supplies on Friday and back to school on Monday.

If I don't find time to get back on here, have a great weekend everyone!!
Old 08-02-2007, 04:04 PM   #17  
Rose

S/C/G: 368/254/220

Height: 6'

Hi Folks,

I'm flying high! Someone at work actually asked me if I was losing weight again. Yay! I've been so good for 6 weeks, about 14 lbs total loss and I was wondering when anyone would begin to notice. I'm happy now, makes this seem like it is real now. I mean I can tell in my clothes and in the mirror, my husband tells me, but of course in my mind that doesn't count. Now if I can only keep it going! I think I can, I think I can...lol.

Rosemary
Old 08-02-2007, 04:41 PM   #18  

Hello everyone,
We've had off and on showers for the past few days. Hope this clears up soon. Yesterday I took an umbrella with me when I walked, not a drop of rain. I forgot it today and of course it rained.
Rosemary, congratulations on your weight loss!! That's terriffic someone noticed. That must make you feel great. I know you can keep going.

Kris, sorry that you didn't get the job. Hope everything works out for you owning your own beauty salon.

BOB, I can't get over how much things cost here. I am a transplant from NH and I almost keeled over when I got my hair cut for the first time.

Sef, it's nice to have one of those lazy days every once in a while.

Hope everyone is having a good day.
Ali
Old 08-02-2007, 05:28 PM   #19  

Good evening all. I went to Wal Mart with a friend today and out to lunch. I had a taco salad but was proud when I had only a couple bites of the shell and left the rest. Right now I'm sitting here with some green tea. Speaking of green tea I ordered some from Amazon. I hope its good. Its the real deal. LOL. I just had to try some. Its blazeing hot out here today and everyday looks hotter by the weatherman. The dog days are upon us. Think I'll get me some hand weights this week end when we go grocery shopping. I have some but can't find them. I've got to get some exercise and its to blame hot to go walking.

SARose- A great big congrads on the weight loss. I can't wait till I get to that point. Keep up the good work.

Ali- Good for you walking no matter what the weather is. Wish I had a good place to walk with out leaving home. Its straight up a big hill when you leave our front yard. And I refuse to go up that...

Thin- So good to see you. Sounds like your so busy.

Tech- Opening your own beauty shop would be so nice for you. I'm so sorry the other job didn't pan out.

Bob- How were the scallops. I've never broiled them and would like to try it that way. What do you do?

Okay on my way. Have a good evening
Old 08-03-2007, 07:50 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Good morning ladies, Sorry I didn't get here yesterday. It was a busy day and I am only in the office on Thursday afternoons. We walked 3 miles in the heat last night. I thought I was going to pass out. I was tired to start with and then I was totally exhausted. Had to sit at the table to fix dinner. I fell asleep sitting outside and then 2 more times on the couch. Finally went to be around 10:00.

No big plans this weekend. Our last unbusy weekend for awhile. We are going to a Boy Scout auction tonight. It is usually pretty nice. Can't afford to buy any of the things they have, but it is fun.

Tech, sorry about the job. Things happen for a reason, maybe now your dream will come true.

Thin, sounds like you have been one busy girl. At least things are like you want now. I can't beleive schools tarts next week. That always means the end of summer :sad:

Rosemary, Compliments are a bigger motivator than the scale any day. It usually takes 10-15 lbs before people notice. Congrats. Keep up the good work.

Aleka, of course, an umbrella scares away the rain. Have a great weekend.

Toni, good job on the taco salad. It is hot here too, 96. But I don't complain, I love it. It is freezing in my office.

Bob, I wish I liked scallops. They have a tough texture to me. A whitefish is all I can eat.

Monet, Hope you had a great time.

Missy, No baby yet?

Got to run, have a great day and weekend.
Old 08-03-2007, 12:26 PM   #21  
sef

Hi all,

Sorry I have been AWOL the last couple of days. Yesterday was a three event day, I was so pooped. Fell asleep in the chair, I think around 9:30when the phone ranf at 11. It was my GD, she had been to N.O. and couldn't find her housekey in her purse. She used to do that alot when she was in HS. She calls me, cause I'm always up. By the time I went downstairs, came back up, washed my face etc., I was awake, but not for long.

I don't know why I am tiring so easily lately. Yesterday I felt pretty good but when I got home I collapsed! Must be old age. In my head I am younger than my body says!

Also my DD is stirring up things with her cousin (the only cousin that will have anything to do with her, and has irritated a 97 y/o cousin that she has been doing things for, such as mowing lawnm cleaning cellar, etc., etc., I get so upset, she has alienated almost the netire immediate family with her rudeness and "I am always right" attitude. Yet there are some friends she has managed to keep. Ah well......

I'm sorry, not a good time to post. I am a little down. I'll try later.

May good things happen
Old 08-03-2007, 12:26 PM   #22  
sef

P.S. I get this way and food becomes my friend or should I say enemy
Old 08-03-2007, 03:24 PM   #23  

Good afternoon,
It's a nice sunny day today. No rain, but it is hot. Yesterday I went out to lunch with a friend and she's also my walking partner then we did a little shopping. We both had a salad and it was really good.

Toni, I walk with my neighbor across the street. We keep each other going so we don't miss any days. If we do miss a day we make up for it on Sat. What I really like about FL is that everything is flat. There are no hills to climb. Have you ever tried Leslie Sansone's walking tapes or DVDs? Some of them use handweights or other types of toning equipment. I have a set, it has a 1 mile, 2 mile, and a 3 mile walk using 2lb. balls.

Solly, hope you had fun at the auction. I hope the Boy Scouts raised a lot of money.

sef, sorry that you're down. I hope things look brighter for you soon.

A big Hi! to everyone else

Hope everyone has a great weekend.
Ali
Old 08-03-2007, 06:15 PM   #24  

Good evening all. We went grocery shopping today and I got lots of fresh veggies and fruit. Even some chicken breasts. So I have no excuse for the coming week. Lots of good legal stuff to eat. I'm pooped and its good to be inside in the cool. Its blazing hot outside. Not much news here but did want to pop in and say howdy.
Old 08-03-2007, 06:58 PM   #25  
BIG ORANGE FOOTBALL RULES

EVENING EVERY BUDDY!!!

Another week is gone....Hope everyone had a good one...

JACKIE...Maybe you have had scallops that were cooked too long. They become a whole new ballgame when that happens. They only need to be
flash cooked. They are creamy tasting when they're cooked correctly.

ALI...You're not kdding when you say how expensive it is down here. I've been here 20yrs and believe me...I can really see the difference. I keep my hair really short, so I have a Lady I follow around (if she changes shops). She's at GREAT CLIPS right now and I only pay $10 for my hair cut. I won't pay the big prices...I get mine cut every two to three weeks...I'd be in the poor house~! You've been getting a lot more rain than we have. Sarasota proper didn't have in rain for almost three months when everyone else was getting hammered. We finally got some good rain yesterday....all day long!
My poor grass was like walking on potato chips.....as someone put it...

TONI...Here's what I do for my scallops....
I cook two pounds at a time of sea scallops....
Melt one stick of butter with some crushed garlic in a casserole dish under the broiler(I have one that's probably older than me that is long)
When it's melted, remove from the oven, stir up the garlic and just place them in the dish.
Broil them about 5 minutes per side and you've got supper!

How did your bean turn out that you cooked outside in your pot?

SHIRLEY......

ROSEMARY...CONGRATS !!!! Don't you feel good when someone asks that question!!! Keep it up!

THIN....Good to see you...I've missed your updates!

I'm off to find some supper....

BOB
Old 08-04-2007, 02:21 PM   #26  

Howdy all; Had my oatmeal with fresh blueberries in it. A pretty different taste. Think I'll work in my bedroom today. It looks like a bomb went off in it.

Bob- Thanks for the scallop recipe. My beans were wonderful. It was so fun cooking them. I couldn't believe how yummy they were. But think I'll wait till its a little cooler now before I try to cook. Its so darn hot here you can't breathe outside.

Hope everyone is having a good Saturday...
Old 08-05-2007, 05:58 PM   #27  

Hello from Chicago! We have been busy almost every day. Last night we went to see the Blue Man Group show. What a riot! Tonight I get to see my niece and meet her boyfriend. I made bbq pork and my mother's potato salad. (My sisters hate to cook and I love to so icook when I am visiting them...)

It has been really hot here but with lots of fans we are managing to stay comfortable.

Old 08-05-2007, 11:58 PM   #28  
Goddess

Hey everyone! Last week was awful. I was on the road everyday doing training sessions and wiped out every night. This week should be better. I stocked up on good food at the store this weekend so I will have food in the house to cook.

Missy--Let's get moving there ok!!!!!!!!

BOB--I just haven't had my hair cut in over a year. My guy has gotten very expensive and I just can't make myself pay it. I'm toying with growing my hair out for a locks of love braid.

Solly--WooHoo on the good blood work!

Sef--don't wear yourself out.

Tech--Go for your dream!!!!

Time for bed, I'm beat tonight.

Susan
Old 08-05-2007, 11:59 PM   #29  
Goddess

ps--Monet--have a good trip. It's hot here too--close to 100.
Old 08-06-2007, 07:51 AM   #30  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Hi Ladies,

Boy is it hot here too! Close to 100!. Yesterday we spent in my DD's pool. That helped. Last night we went to a concert in the park. It was ok until about 8:30 and I started getting hot. The A/C in the car felt pretty good. The auction was fun. DIdn't get anything. Had a good time though.

I have a horrible sore throat. It woke me up in the night Saturday. I can hardly swallow. what would be causing that this time of year?

Toni, I had oatmeal with blueberries and walnuts yesterday for breakfast. Tasted like a millin bucks. I have not had oatmeal in awhile. Good luck on your eating this week.

Susan, hope you have a good week. A full cupboard always makes things easier. Sounds like you have been busy. We miss you when you are not here.

Monet, glad you are having a great time.

Bob, maybe I should give those scallps a try with your recipe. Stay cool.

Ali, It's nice to have a walking partner. Makes you get out there. And someone to keep you legal at lunch.

Sef, at least you know your moods leads you to food. Maybe you can find another outlet. Hope you are feeling better soon.

Got an email from Fruitloop- Missy- Theya re inducing her on Wed.

Bette run, we have a big presentation due today at 5 and I have a lot of typing to do. I haven't had breafast yeat, my new meds seem to make my stomach upset. That should be a good thing. I have a hard boiled egg and cottage cheese in the fridge with a green banana for a snack. Lunch will be salad with some ham and cheese in it.

Have a great day
Closed Thread