Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

Closed Thread

Old 08-29-2007, 05:39 PM   #151  
Addicted to potato salad!

Okay, so I got the ball rolling to start my own salon. I'm scared, excited and a little sad to not be a stay at home mom anymore. Excited to start my own salon finally and be in charge of my own 'thing' and scared to take the plunge and actually do it! I told the landlord that I'll move in on October 1st, called the insurance company for a quote, called the bank for an idea on a load...but probably will just get a 0% interest credit card for the $2500 I estimate I'll need to get started. I have to call H&R Block tomorrow to talk to our tax lady to see how much I'll ahve to pay in taxes and how often I should file. All that stuff. And I have to apply for a hairdressing shop license. All exciting stuff, but I'm trying to relax a little on our last week ever as a stay at home mom and get some good time at the beach in, too, before the kids go back a week from today. Then, it's full boar forge ahead with the plans!!

Eating has been pretty good except for a few binges on a few handfuls of pretzels. Seems I can't go to the beach without people that bring along snacks!! At least they're pretzels!! But it's making me retain water...not good. My feet are swelling. Gross.

Okay...speaking of food...gotta go cook up some supper!!
Old 08-29-2007, 08:02 PM   #152  
sef

HI ALL,

Have been way too busy. I have to learn to say no. That is except for the Nh thing and entertaining with Joyful Noise. Been to NH, entertained, had doctor appts,went to church, etc., etc.,

Remember I said things happen in threes? That I had auto accident and then GD had one? I said DS and DIL better be careful with their driving as they could be next. Hate to be right! DIL was in an accident Monday. Was hit by a pickup truck driven by a woman with an expired license of two years. Police took her to jail. The truck is licensed in CA under a Construction Company name with no phone. I guess insurance company got in touch with owner and he didn't know the driver. Apparently one of his employees let her use the truck! Thank God Lori wasn't hurt except for a few spots where she was hit by flying glass. Car will probably be totaled. Now DS says he's safe so can drive any old way!! LOL. One good thing the three of us were not at fault, so another thing in threes.

Having trouble with fluctuating weight, even though I'm eating okay. Hope I get under control before I slit my throat....then I won't have to worry about what goes in me!

MONET: Do you have anything on Etsy now? I went to site but could not find you. Click on ceramics and pottery and only one name came up, a lady from NY with a bowl that has applied blueberry design.

Will try to post more.

May good things happen, Shirley
Old 08-29-2007, 09:24 PM   #153  

SEF: Yes, I have about 14 things listed on Etsy right now. Search for lilies, or lily in the ceramics and pottery section and it ought to bring my stuff up. It is under my full name. I can't post a link here, as it is against the rules.

TECH: That is awesome about opening your own shop! You can set your own hours, and you are going to have a blast! I hope you are wildly successful! And if I ever get up your way, you will have to cut my hair for me!
Old 08-30-2007, 07:01 AM   #154  

I am heading out to north Georgia for the day! 'See' you all when I get back!
Old 08-30-2007, 04:26 PM   #155  

Hello everyone. Can't believe its Thursday already. Boy is this board so slow. Not much news here. My laptop is continuing to be a nightmare. DH is sick so he can't work on it. Sure be glad when he feels better. He's missed two days of work now. Need to get me a snack. A little cheese and ww crackers sound good. Think I'll run now and get me some.

Monet- Hope you have a nice day.

Tech- I'm so happy for you. I wish you all the luck. I've had two businesses of my own and they're tons of work but really satisfying.

Sef- I know what you mean about your weight I'm having the same problem.

Solly- Hope you're okay today.

Bye for now.
Old 08-30-2007, 05:41 PM   #156  
Rose

S/C/G: 368/254/220

Height: 6'

Hey Folks...just wanted to test posting with the pic I added to my profile to see if it worked. The picture was taken today during a campus semester kick off celebration - free food. FYI, I gave the chips to my staff assistant and I only ate the hot dog chili/cheese not the bun.

I have a silly question, anybody eat pickles daily? I'm serious, I have been eating a pickle spear every evening this week and I seem to have broken through a plateau at least I hope the downward trend keeps up. I said I wasn't going to weigh every day and I hadn't weighed in almost 2 weeks but then when you do see a loss it gets exciting!
Old 08-31-2007, 07:28 AM   #157  

Good morning! My mother in law is expected to arrive this afternoon, so I need to clean this morning. I would much rather go work on the pot I am making in the garagio.

Yesterday was good...we got some stuff done and it was fun. I won't go back for a few weeks, so I brought some stuff home to glaze. I will try to get a kiln load done over the weekend, though I am going to be busy with the mother in law and other in laws who are coming into town.

TONI: PM me your address so I can mail these breadcrumbs to you. I can let you know how much the shipping and stuff is after I mail them, but I don't think it will be too much. Just a couple dollars total. The breadcrumbs are like $2, and shipping can't be too much since they are so light!

ROSEMARY: I have not heard that pickles help weight loss, but as long as you are drinking plenty of water to offset the sodium, there is nothing wrong with pickles. I love them! I am going to make my second batch of deli dills soon. The first one turned out great and my son in law ate them up!

Old 08-31-2007, 09:13 AM   #158  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Happy Friday!

It has been the longest week. Maybe due to one of my coworkers being on vacation. At least we get another day this weekend. I think all weekends should be 3 days. We have a wedding tonight and another one tomorrow. The one tomorrow is at 2:00 and then the reception is not until 5:00. I don't know what you do with the 2 hrs in between. You can't do too much, and I don't want to go home and sit around in my clothes. Sunday is a birthday party for my great niece. Nothing to do Monday, probably go to my DD's pool and then to the concert in the park Monday night.
My back feels better today. Everything just feels very tight back there. I got up and walked this morning. So I only missed 1 day. Hopefully next week we will get back to the gym at night too.

Rosemary, Congrats on fitting into those old clothes. Nothing like shopping in your closet to motivate you. Cute pic. It is nice to put a face with a name. You sure don't look like you have any wt to lose. my DD eats a pickle when she gets home every day. It holds here until dinner is ready.

Toni, Why is it on Monday we are so motivated to exercise and by the time Thurs gets here, we are downhill? I didn't walk yestrday and thought about it skipping today, but I went and now I am glad I did. How is DH feeling today?
Maybe make yourself do at least 1 time a day if you can't do 2. Hope you get that laptop figured out. That will be nice to have.

Tech, how exciting owning your own shop. I am glad things are working out for you. I'm sure it is scarry but worth it. I wish you much success.

Sef, how awful about your DIL. I hope they had insurance to cover the damages and your DIL won't have to pay. Glad she was ok. I was wondering just today, have you heard anything from Ashley? (JackieO). I talked to her right after Katrina, but have not heard anything since.

Monet, Oh I know yo would rather be doing ceramics than cleaning for a visist from your MIL. I know how you love her visits. At least you have a place to retreat to if you have to.

Better get going here. Have a great day and a great weekend.
Old 08-31-2007, 11:03 AM   #159  
BIG ORANGE FOOTBALL RULES

HEY EVERY BUDDY!!!

Sorry I've not been around this week. I got up Sunday with a bug and felt like crap all day....feeling like I needed to throw up, but couldn't. Went to work Monday still ucky, but stuck it out all day. Then on Tuesday about 11am, I had to leave....I've been out of commission for three days...gastro-intestinal virus! Went to one Doc this morning, going to another one at 1pm.
Had to have TIPPY to the vet at 8am to get her teeth cleaned and will pick her up after 3pm.

I did watch WILD HOGS last night....one of the funniest movies I've seen in a while...DON'T MISS IT!!!

Here's the list for the rest of the weekend:

DISAPPEARANCES
ARE WE DONE YET?
SWEET LAND

As usual, I'll let y'all know how these are.

JACKIE...Be careful with all that SOCIAL LIFE this weekend...when my back gets me like yours is now, I stand in the shower under scalding hot water and let it just beat down one me. How's your RESTLESS LEG? Mine has really been acting up and I had to increase my SINEMET by 1/2 of a pill. I've got to tell the Doc this afternoon, so he can write my script accordingly.
He put me on BACLOFEN (a drug used by MS pts to loosen their muscles) to take along with the Sinemet to keep the "breakthrough" attacks at bay, but
it's still happening.
Better hurry home from that reception...THE VOLS play on TV tomorrow night! Do the CATS play tomorrow?

MONET...enjoy your MIL....don't clean yourself into a pinch....that way, you can still hit the garagio at some point today. You'd be proud of me this week. I've hardly eaten ANYTHING...of course, if wasn't fun (the reason). I meant to weigh this morning to see just how much I had lost from being sick and forgot....My hunger is coming back and that could be a bad thing...good thing for me that I've got healthy snacks in the house now!

SARA...GOOD FOR YOU!!!....giving those chips away! Any plans for the weekend?

TONI...You'll love those breadcrumbs.....once you use them, you'll never look back...don't try to make a meatloaf with them though....it takes too many of them....

KRIS...I'M SO PROUD OF YOU FOR TAKING THIS STEP!!! Too bad all of us are so far away....you'd already have "A FOLLOWING" !!!!! Keep us informed
on how things are going!

Ok, I'm off to do a few things before heading out again....I'll be back later!

OH....MISSY......GEAUX TIGERS!!!!

BOB
Old 08-31-2007, 11:37 AM   #160  
Rose

S/C/G: 368/254/220

Height: 6'

TGIF everybody. I'm looking forward to a 3 day weekend. We are planning a hike tomorrow to a natural wildlife area with some pretty challenging trails. We will have A BBQ on Monday, if I can stick to the BBQ and lay low on the potato salad, I'll be doing OK. Hope everyone has a great weekend.

Solly thanks for the compliment, believe me I have quite a bit I'd still like to lose, I was blessed by being 6' tall so my weight is pretty evenly distributed. When I was younger (and in heavy denial about my weight) I use to always think Oh, I'm a BBW and I carry my weight very well. But when you get older and diabetes sets in and those joints start to complain about what they are holding up you get a harsh reality check. <sigh>
Old 08-31-2007, 03:51 PM   #161  

Howdy everyone. Just got back from a big grocery shopping trip. I'm beat but well stocked on nice healthy food. Got a beautiful head of cauliflower and I'm going to try those new steamer bags on them. There seemed to be lots of new products in Wal Mart grocery store this time.

Monet- I pm'd my address to you. Thanks for doing that. Hope you don't work to hard getting ready for your MIL.

Solly-Glad your back is a little better. You put me to shame on the exercise. I'll start again Sunday. Have fun at the weddings. You sure do know allot of people getting married. LOL...

Bob Glad you're on the mend. Thats a hard way to lose weight. Can't wait to try the bread crumbs.

Rosemary- Hope you can pass up the tater salad. Week ends are very hard for me.

I got one of those Kashi pizza's for dinner tonight. It looks good. Think I'll make me a salad to go with it. Have a happy week end everyone.
Old 08-31-2007, 04:24 PM   #162  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Getting ready to head out..

Bob, the CATS play tomorrow at 7 PM EKU, a div 2 school. SHould be a win, but never cont your chickens... I thought Bacoflen was taken off the market. My DD used to take it. I asked for one of the 2 new drugs for restless legs and she said they weren't having a lot of success with them and told me to wait awhile. Hope you feel better soon.

Toni. Yeah, we had 13 or 14 this year and already have 3 for next year. $$$$

Rosemary, you can do it, pass up the potato salad and have fun too.

Have a great one.
Old 08-31-2007, 04:47 PM   #163  

Jackie

I've taken SINEMET for about 15yrs now and when the first new RL drug came out, I tried it but it wasn't strong enough. I figure...why fix it if it "ain't" broke! Ask your Doc about the SINEMET. My Doc gave me a stronger dose instead of breaking the others in half. I was taking the 10/100's and now I'm going to start the 25/100. They are my life saver!!!
Ya know, EKU had a really good team last year.....I'm just saying!
Baclofen is still out there. I take it every day. He also gave me the AMBIAN 12.5. Lunesta just wasn't cutting it...wasn't staying asleep all night. One of my DOCS at work gave me some samples of the 12.5 and YOWSER...it works!
Also, no nasty taste like Lunesta.

TONI...Let me know about those bags. I saw them advertised and looks like a great concept...

SARA...You can do it...I'd be right there with you though...LOVE A GOOD TATOR SALAD!!!

Off to fix supper...LATER!

BOB
Old 09-01-2007, 08:28 AM   #164  

IT'S KICKOFF SATURDAY IN THE SEC!!!!

For those of you who haven't who haven't been around during this time this year, you're in for a treat. We tend to get just a tad rowdy, and at times, appear to be mad at each other....BUT WE'RE REALLY NOT....we're just very dedicated to our TEAMS!!

MONET tends to dread this time of the year, but she represents THE GA DAWGS

MISSY....cranks out the cheers for LSU.

SOLLY...ROARS for the WILDCATS of KENTUCKY

SUSAN...circles the stadium at the University of AUBURN

BOB...WELL....I'm probably the BIGGEST UNIVERSITY OF TENNESSEE FAN around.....GO VOLS!!!

We did have a representative for The University of Florida, but she doesn't have the time for the board anymore.

Just wanted to let y'all know so you don't think we're at each other's throats....We have a good time during these next 4 months...We're "DIE HARD FANS" and really support our teams. '

Hope everyone has a GREAT WEEKEND...I'll have my chair pulled right up to the TV today and my TEAM plays on national TV tonight....

I'll check in a little later....

BOB

Last edited by Ellen; 09-01-2007 at 10:36 AM.
Closed Thread