Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

Closed Thread

Old 07-30-2007, 12:43 PM   #121  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Good morning ladies, or I guess I should say afternoon.

Don't know how far I will get with this, but I will start.
The weekend was busy but fun. We relaxed a couple hours last night with a concert in the park for 2 hours.

Busy here again. The scale is up 5 more pounds. Ugh! So frustrating. I am waiting on a call from the Dr. on the cat scan. It was a piece of cake to do.

Monet, I'm so glad the lady took the canisters. Sounds like you are starting a little business here. The canisters are beautiful.

Southern Miss, Welcome. We love new members. this is a great group. Ask any questions you may have.

Toni, How as your weekend?

Bob, sounds like your job is keeping you hopping. That is a good thing.

Rosebud, Do you realize that potatoes are not legal? I have noticed them in several of your menues.

Aleka, welcome back. Now stay put.

Susan, what a cute idea. May have to get one of those. Please put me in your jar.

Sef, Lucky you brought those cookies. I'm glad you could salvage part of the cake. My SIL had a cake shaped like a Bud Light bottle. It was so cute. My sister thought it was a decoration and stuck her hand right in the middle of it trying to pick it up. We were able to fix it some. We had a good laugh about it.

Rosemary, 4 hours of yard work counts as exercise. You really do use all your muscles.

A very good friend of ours father is in a coma since Saturday. They are pulling the plug today. So they expect him to die today. It was very sudden and they are very dependent on him. It is going to be a big life adjustment for them. So the birthday party yesterday for their kids was rather depressing. I hope he dies today and not tomorrow as tomorrow is the children's birthday. That would be horrible. Prayers for them would be appreciated.

Got to run it's almost lunch time. I'll keep you posted when the Dr calls back.
Old 07-30-2007, 02:50 PM   #122  

Howdy ho...... Drum roll please......... I lost 5 lbs. this week. I'm so happy. I even made it through my first week end cheat free. Not even a glass of wine. I could do a little dance. I'm praying I can keep on. I'm really just taking one day at a time. Had my oatmeal for breakfast this morning. I picked some more tomatoes so think tomorrow morning I might have a bacon and tomato sand. I'm really not eating much bread.

Welcome back Aleka and Welcome Southern Miss.

Will try and come back later.
Old 07-30-2007, 04:17 PM   #123  
Rose

S/C/G: 368/254/220

Height: 6'

Aleka: The heat and humidity and rain here in Texas has made it impossible this past month to be able to walk consistently every day. We have the leslie sansone walk and be fit video on exercise on demand and after payday (wed yay!) we are going to buy the actual DVD. It really works you out just as much as a walk outside would. It includes walking with hand weights. We generally do a 3 mile walk every evening.

Rosemary
Old 07-30-2007, 06:34 PM   #124  
BIG ORANGE FOOTBALL RULES

EVENING BUSTERS

JACKIE...Yes, after being dormant for those months, it feel GREAT to be working again and staying busy!

ALI...I didn't know when you were here before that you lived in NP...we'll have to get together some time for lunch or something...WELCOME BACK!!

MONET...feeling better ????

TONI...CONGRATS!!!!!

ROSEMARY...You'll come to find out sooner than later that I'm addicted to bread...could eat a loaf a day if I could! PORTIONS are my problems.....

I'm off for now...be back later!!

SHIRLEY...where's MARY???

BOB
Old 07-30-2007, 08:59 PM   #125  
sef

Hi all,
Not a busy day. Went to NH as usual and came home. I have had a trotting problem today so stayed close to the bathroom. Finally had to take Kaopectate. Also took another half dozing nap. MAde some meat sauce and cooked spaghetti for supper.

ROSEMARY: I'll sigh with you. I had some popcorn too. I think you got in your exercise!

ALEKA: I don't know about FL as there are so many snowbirds and transplants, but when I moved here it was a real culture shock as well as climate shock. Things are really different, the people are terrific.

SOLLY: I'll bet there are a lot of cake storioes out there! I don't have a jar, but you are in my prayers. Sweet potatoes are legal. I know white are not. Rosebud could switch.

TONI: HAppy dance for the missing pounds!! I think my scale is stuck!

BOB: Good question! The last email from MAry was 7/24. Have to check in with her.

Have to end this. I am having trouble sitting.

May good things happen, Shirley

Old 07-30-2007, 08:59 PM   #126  
sef

Hi all,
Not a busy day. Went to NH as usual and came home. I have had a trotting problem today so stayed close to the bathroom. Finally had to take Kaopectate. Also took another half dozing nap. MAde some meat sauce and cooked spaghetti for supper.

ROSEMARY: I'll sigh with you. I had some popcorn too. I think you got in your exercise!

ALEKA: I don't know about FL as there are so many snowbirds and transplants, but when I moved here it was a real culture shock as well as climate shock. Things are really different, the people are terrific.

SOLLY: I'll bet there are a lot of cake storioes out there! I don't have a jar, but you are in my prayers. Sweet potatoes are legal. I know white are not. Rosebud could switch.

TONI: HAppy dance for the missing pounds!! I think my scale is stuck!

BOB: Good question! The last email from MAry was 7/24. Have to check in with her.

Have to end this. I am having trouble sitting.

May good things happen, Shirley
Old 07-30-2007, 11:09 PM   #127  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

HI LADIES ~ We are having wonderful weather here right now; a nice mix of sun with fluffy white puff clouds; had one day of rain for measure, but the temps are much better. We can sit out on the deck in the daytime without the buggies bugging us too much; hope it stays this way for August.

SOLLY ~ Potatoes are quite legal in MY plan; we also love and eat sweet potatoes as a sub as SHIRLEY has mentioned. Overall, we don't eat potatoes as much as we used to. As I explained before, I like many of the ideas of the Sugar Busters plan; much of it is the same, but I am not a legalistic person by any means. I eat what I want in small portions; NO FOODS ARE TOTALLY OFF LIMITS FOR US!

The basic tenets of the SB plan are very good, and it was designed by doctors for very important health-related benefits; I know from what I have read on this thread for quite some time, that some people here do not stick to the SB plan perfectly. I think in life, it is a virtue to be FLEXIBLE AND MODERATE IN ALL THINGS, and that includes our way of thinking, as well as living and eating. That is just MY belief!

There are those who wish to or will need to follow the SB plan without any variations becuz of health reasons; and I admire and agree with that choice. Some of us are more fortunate and can be more flexible. I know that, for me, from past experience, that if I am too rigid, I won't be able to stay with any plan for life, which is my goal. I know many people who have diabetes who NEVER keep to any plan perfectly; even though they try ~ LOL!

Some people said in the intro section that they left 3FC's completely becuz they couldn't keep to the plans perfectly and felt like failures and frauds, so they gave up; BUT, if we can learn to accept each other with a few slips or small variances, maybe people won't give up or run away so much.

That is the worst choice of all, really; we want people to stay and keep trying, so their health can get better. As I mentioned before, I will have a small serving of corn or a small new potato once a week, BUT THAT'S MY CHOICE! I hope that doesn't bother you all??? Just leave out what you don't want to eat; and replace it with your own personal preferences.

There is also a DIABETIC thread on this site; and I have visited them as well. There are so many similarities between so many of the plans here; I think we can learn something from them all. I lurk and post all over the board cuz that is so much fun; and I love all the varied topics as well.

SHIRLEY ~ Yes, it was the sled from Citizen Kane; we have that movie and I have seen it many times. I think it was his mother's name, or a nickname that she called him; but, I am not sure; DH thinks so too! I have a huge collection of old, classic movies, which DH just loves to watch ~ over and over and over ...

ANYWAYS ~ I have rambled on enuff for one day! Please stop me ~ and have a great week everyone ~ ROSEBUD

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 07-30-2007 at 11:17 PM.
Closed Thread