Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

Closed Thread

Old 07-14-2007, 12:57 PM   #46  
sef

Just a quickie, I'm resting between dusting and vacuuming. Hate doing the fans!

Did not sleep well last night. I'm hurting and I kept waking up. I finally slept after 3a until 7. That happens every so often and it will go away.

BOB: So which movie did you watch? You would get along great with my DIL and GD. They love movies, know all the credits and everything. Not that I don't like movies but the credits go too fast for me. They have the system that lets them stop the action so they can read or go potty. I don't.

Will check later to see if anyone has surfaced.

May good things happen, Shirley
Old 07-14-2007, 01:41 PM   #47  
Bustin' Buddy

BOB: THought you might like to know that your boy Payton & his brother Eli have a big football camp going on in our small little town right now. They have approx. 1200 kids signed up from all over the country to come to this camp - I'm pretty sure they focus on QB training. There is a big presentation in the football stadium right now - we passed there to get to the grocery store (we live 1 mile from the college) and they had a lot of people watching the show. They come here every year for this camp - it brings good money to our small college.
Old 07-14-2007, 05:59 PM   #48  

Oh LORD! I can't believe the football season starts in two months.

Got my 45 minutes of water aerobics done this morning. Sent an email to the school asst. principal letting them know I will NOT be subbing for the art teacher. Loooonnngggg story, but I just can't do it. I hope they are not too ticked at me. I had to stand up for what I believed though.

Later!
Old 07-15-2007, 10:22 PM   #49  
sef

Hmmmmm, it must be the weekend!

Nothing exciting. Went to church, then seven of us went to Applebee's for lunch. I had their Walnut, apple, grilled chicken salad. It also had a little cottage cheese on the plate with greens. Very tasty. Probably too much protein at one sitting. I was surprised, the dressing was sparse. I forgot to ask for it on the side, but really didn't need to.

Worked on the August Joyful Noise program. Had a little gabfest with the kids, took a nap. Really a ball of fire I am.

Hope you all had a great weekend.

May good things happen, Shirley
Old 07-15-2007, 11:04 PM   #50  

Evening! I threw mugs today, pulled handles, and decorated some with footballs and some with basketballs. Or at least football shapes and basketball shapes. Guess who those are for, BOB! I will glaze the footballs brown and the basketballs orange, and use blue and orange on the body of the mugs- some blue, some orange, not both. Ought to look nice.

I went to church tonight. Tom was in the nursery, so I had to do the worship prep stuff by myself. I left early to get home in time to take James to catch the rapid transit train to the airport. He is headed up to NJ for the week. It feels like he just got home and he is leaving already!

I picked some stuff in the garden tonight...I got four or five large cucumbers, and about six tomatoes. In another week, the tomatoes are going to be VERY prolific! Tomorrow morning I need to pick green beans. There were a lot tonight, but I did not feel like picking them.

How is everyone doing? Don't forget tomorrow is Metal Monster Monday....

Nightie night! Sweet dreams!

Old 07-16-2007, 01:15 AM   #51  
Goddess

Default Well lookee who the cat drug in. . .

Yup, I'm still alive and kickin. I lurk every now and then to make sure everyone is ok.

This has been a tough, tough year for me. It started when I had to let Miss Belle go in December. She was so sick, that it was time, but it was the hardest thing I ever had to do.

Then in early January my mom was diagnosed with lung cancer. She's never smoked and the shock of it about did us all in. We've also experienced a large number of deaths in the family since January, so the operative word for me since Decemer has been 'sad.' I'm not depressed, but I have been sad for most of the last 7 months.

Being the emotional eater that I am, I have of course been packing on the pounds. I'm back up to where I was when I began Sugar Busters and have said that 'enough is enough." I certainly won't feel any better if I keep poisioning my body, so I went to the grocery store tonight and stocked up on good food--veggies, lean meats and fruits. I've eaten nothing but fast food and junk for seven months, so I've got to detox with fresh and wholseome food.

The shock of Mom's diagnosis is finally wearing off and she is doing well with her treatments. Her first course of chemo shrunk the tumor by 1/3 so she got a 3 month break from chemo. She is due for another scan in the next few weeks and we will see if she needs to start back again or if she can have a little more time off. her hair is just now beginning to grow back so I know she wants more time off! Her cancer is stage IV so it is inoperable, but the dr. hopes to be able to control it.

Since January, I've been very active on a lung cancer support board, but feel like I need to start paying some attention to me again, so here I am--tail between my legs. I won't be a daily poster, but will try to get on once or twice a week.

I'm looking forward to celebrating the birth of Missy's little one!

And BOB--you know I would never leave you during football season.

Monet sent me a beautiful pot that I'm using as a prayer jar. She is so very talented!

It's good to catch up with old friends--SEF, Thin, Tech, Toni, Solly, etc. I look forward to being with you more.

Susan

--ps. In March I adopted a cat that my vet had rescued. We think she is about a year old, but she is friendly and playful and makes me laugh everyday--which is exactly what I needed! Her name is Miss Finch.
Old 07-16-2007, 08:32 AM   #52  

<---- LOOK! Monet is doing a happy dance to see Fillise back!

Ok, I got on the scale for MMM, and I am up THREE! My blood sugar was really high this morning too. I am sure it was because it was really low last night and my liver, which is ******ed I swear, over compensated.

I hope it doesn't rain all day. I NEED to do water aerobics. I am going to go plan my meals for the day. Like Fillise, enough is enough. I want to LOSE, not gain.

I hope everyone is doing well! Let's get serious here folks. The board has been dwindling, and I am as much to blame as anyone else. Please try and check in as often as you can. It DOES help, and then new folks will join us. As we are now, they give up due to lack of activity. I would hate for this great group totally fall apart. It has been such a lifeline for me through the years.
Old 07-16-2007, 11:29 AM   #53  
Rose

S/C/G: 368/254/220

Height: 6'

Default Crazy weekend

Hubby and I tried a 6 mile hike trail at a local park. It was a little over zealous of os to do that. He was cramping and feeling light headed by about 4 miles, found a short cut back to the opposite side of the park and I had to ask someone to give us a ride back to our car. Wont try that again anytime soon. So by the end of the weekend, my DH has discovered he has dropped a whopping 12 lbs in just a little over 2 weeks. Me a miserable 5 lbs! Is that crazy or what! It's hard for me to hide my jealousy and frustration. I know it's all good. I wont be happy with myself until I drop another 10 lbs at least <sigh> because that will just put me back around the weight that I had managed to stay at for about 3 years consistently. Since last year I had seen the scale consitently creep up an additional 15 lbs and those 15 lbs are haunting me. Nothing is progress in my mind until I get beyond that 1st 15

Eating we did very well, even ate out on Sunday morning and skipped on any carbs.

Here's hoping for a good week!

Rosemary
Old 07-16-2007, 12:59 PM   #54  

Happy Monday to everyone. Well I bit the bullet and weighed at last this morning. I was sad to see I was 203.5. But am determined to get back on track. So for breakfast I made me a three egg white and 1 yolk omelet with fresh vegetables in it. Yum. It was so filling and tasty. That will probably hold me till dinner. Where I have a nice head of fresh cabbage to do something with. My tomatoes are ripe so I also have them. Over the week end I cooked my beans and hamhocks over an open fire in my big cast iron dutch oven. I couldn't have done it without DH help. I'll tell you it was so much fun. I loved it and the beans came out so good. Some of the best I've ever eaten. I froze the leftovers for later.

Rosemary- Don't get down. You're doing great. It just takes us gals a little longer than the men.

Fillise- I'm so glad to see you. And so sorry you've had to go through so much sadness. I'll send up a prayer for your Mom. We can do this!!!!!

Monet- Sounds like you've been busy as bee with some fun work. You're sure doing good on your exercise.

Sef- That salad sounds so good. I'd like to try Applebees. You remind me I need to go mop the kitchen floor.

Bob- Hope the movies were good.

Fruitloupe- Hey gal........

Must go do some housework....
Old 07-16-2007, 02:35 PM   #55  
Bustin' Buddy

FILLISE: YIPPEE!! So good to see you! Can't wait to catch up!!

Missy
Old 07-16-2007, 04:46 PM   #56  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Hi Ladies, I'm back from vacation. All tan, rested and fat.
We had a wonderful time. Did almost nithing but lay on the beach or beside the pool and drink. We did walk the beach alot. Started out the first 3 days at the gym each morning, but that dwindled off. At least we walked a lot each day. DH & I got a massage. Our first. We are hooked. My DD & her friends had a blast. One of the girls is a riot and so outgoing so she made the trip a lot of fun. But it's back to reality and work seemed to go on without me. Imagine that.

Like I said, I'm rested, tan and fat. I thought I was going to have to fly home naked. All my clothes are so tight. Of course, we got there on Thursday and by Monday, they were already tight. But we continued to eat and eat and drink. Those frozen drinks fill you up fast, but we managed to stuff ourselves even more at dinner and leave miserable.

So needless to say I am back on track today, couldn't start on Friday when we got home, had to finish out the weekend. My poor scale read a gain of 13 pounds this morning. I even took 2 water pills a day there too. I guess all that alcohol doesn't help.

Back to walking in the mornings. I was going to start today, but I haven't slept well in weeks so I took a sleeping pill last night and I didn't move all night.

Sef, sorry you are not feeling well. Hope you stop hurting. I'm having a lot of trouble with my arms and hands going to sleep during the night and waking me. Then I can't go back to sleep. Ugh! I love Applebee's new weight watcher's menu too.

Monet, actually football season starts in about 6 weeks. I agree with you on the participation of the board. I would be devestated if we had to break it up. I have noticed (don't get me wrong, I love this part too) that our board has become more social centered than weight loss centered. Maybe that is the fault of us oldies who know each other so well. We are not giving the newbies a lot of diet guidance. I will try to post more often and maybe get back into menus and recipes and tips. Sorry to hear James is gone again. It does seem like he is home and gone again quickly. Can't wait to hear to scoop of the subbing job.

Fillise, I am so glad to hear from you. We have missed you. Sorry to hear about Miss Belle. I thought it was coming from your last post. Sending prayers for your mom. I know how devasted you must be. But keep the faith, perhaps they can get it under control. I can truly see how you have put the wt back on. But you know where to come. We are here for you, both food wise and emotionally.

Rosemary, Welcome, you must have joined while I was on vacation. Don't get frustrated with Dh losing so much more quickly than you. That's just one of the benefits of being a man. (Could list quite a few others too, but won't). That was some hike. Glad there was someone to take you to your car. Hang in there.

Toni, you were under that 200 mark before and you can do it again. One day at a time. Looks like you got a good start with your beans and maters.

Missy, Thanks for the pics. Good to catch up with you.

Well, I started with the last page and it's time to go home. I will pick up where I left off tomorrow. Have a great evening.
Old 07-16-2007, 07:28 PM   #57  
BIG ORANGE FOOTBALL RULES

SUSAN'S BACK!!!! JUST IN TIME FOR FOOTBALL!!!!

MONET....BETTER LISTEN TO JACK.....6 WEEKS AND COUNTING!!!!! GET READY!!!

WELCOME BACK JACK!!! Oh...I made a sound alike!!

I'm off to get some laundry done....

Oh....guess what happened here today??

BOB
Old 07-16-2007, 10:27 PM   #58  

Hey,everyone! I am posting from my new Blackberry that James got me. So far, I am in way over my head! I am super confused, but determined! I hope everyone is doing great.

BOB: Hooray for the rain!
Old 07-17-2007, 07:43 AM   #59  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Good morning ladies.

It's been awhile since we have had any men join us.

Well I didn't get up and walk today. I was awake, but I am not adjusted fully to being back from vacation. Hopefully tomorrow. I know, I am procrastinating. I got sick after lunch yesterday and felt crappy all night so I didn't want to push myself (I've got tons of excuses in my bag). It takes a while for your digestive system to get back to normal after the food in the Dominican. Hopefully it will be any day now.

The scale was down 5 lbs today. Only 8 more to go and counting. I feel some good ole determination setting in. I hope it does and sticks awhile. My pants are so tight I can hardly breathe, much less eat. ig:

Breakfast will be 2 pumpkin muffins. Turkey sandwich for lunch, banana, grapes. Dinner will be homemade veggie pizza.

Monet, a Blackberry? Wow I am impressed. I am so technology challenged, I'm still figuring out my MP3 player. How about some weekly challenges? We haven't done that in awhile.

BOb, Yeah for your rain. You all are probably way under your normal range by now. Glad the job is going so well and Kate is doing so good.

Off to see how little is in my bank account :sad: Maybe I will get back later. Have a wonderful SB day.
Old 07-17-2007, 08:31 AM   #60  

Morning! This is from the PC..hehe. The Blackberry is loads of fun, but hard for me to figure out. It will take some getting used to.

I slept so so last night. I remembered one of my diabetes meds at 1:30am, so I got up and took it. My bg was STILL high this morning, which really ticks me off. I am afraid I am going to have to cut out all carbs to keep it where it is supposed to be.

Tom forgot to shock the pool Sunday night, and did not do it last night either. I hope the water does not get bad, but I was glad. It is not raining today, so I will be able to get in there today and get some aerobics in. I may do that this morning for at least a half an hour. I am fixing dinner for a young couple with a new baby tonight, and trying to finish the baby blanket I am making for her by then too. (why oh why didn't I work on it last week???)

SOLLY: Good to have you back! I agree..challenges might be helpful. We have some MIAs. Country, Rosalie, Melf, Thinwithin, Techwife, Ericsmommy to name a few....it is depressing when you think about it. We have only about 60 posts for the whole month, when we used to have twice that in a week! I am so glad five of your vacation pounds have left! You will get the rest of them off soon!

Off to find some breakfast...and I better think protein instead of carbs!
Closed Thread