Old 02-23-2012, 05:26 PM   #31  

Height: 5'4"

Sorry I have been so preoccupied lately to respond to each of you..

I started the low carb thing that I did a few months ago..It worked before until I stopped & I wasn't hungry so if I can stick to it maybe I will lose..

The losses have been impressive with everyone .

Vickie, I know you are tired of all the doctors..I am glad it was stable from 2010..thats a long time..Snowstorms and closings ..lots going on..I talked to a few lenders about a small equity loan to make up what I am missing for the new house..funniest thing..they aren't impressed that I PLAN to go back to work So I am going to use some investment money unless my land sells in time..

Maryann..I like the glasses..I have to do the TAXMAN too soon..They seems to find new ways every year to take a little more don't they. Soon we will give them all of it and have to show why they should give a tiny bit back..

Pam..your yogurts sound great..good job with your eating ..

got to go and will catch the rest of you later tonight..
nancy237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 06:30 PM   #32  

Maryann, I like your glasses. I actually like my old frames better than my newer ones. My script did change, but i can still see well enough with my old glasses.

Sandra, BL.....i hear they let 2 of them go. I wonder which ones?

Nancy, i just can't do the low carb. We are basically doing South Beach. I stayed the same this morning and DH lost another 2 lbs, so that makes 6 lbs for him in 3 days. He's a happy camper. Also, his glucose is perfect, so he's extra happy about that. We allow ourselves one treat each evening and try to keep it around 100-120 calories.

Vickie, glad things are going well. Stay safe and inside with all that snow coming.

Rhonda, Rhonda, Rhonda. What can I say????? You have worked so hard for this and finally are seeing good results. I am so happy for you. You work harder than any of us in the exercise dept.

Last edited by pam920; 02-23-2012 at 06:31 PM.
pam920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 06:44 PM   #33  
focused and aiming

Pam, I am still surfing trying to find out. If I do, I'll let you know. (You do the same.) We can be detectives.

Rhonda, I ditto what Pam says.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 11:08 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Thanks everybody!

Yesterday was my father's birthday (1905-1979) and today was my mother's (1906-1995) so I celebrated by having a root beer float, something they both really liked. We lived in a town with a great root beer stand that everyone loved.

But, it was a very small float
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 11:35 PM   #35  

Pam, I hadn't thought of putting cocoa in yogurt until you posted. I just had 1/2 cup Greek yogurt, 1/2 cup peaches, 1 teaspoon of cocoa, cinnamon, and Splenda, all blended together. It was really good.
Old 02-24-2012, 12:23 AM   #36  

S/C/G: 193/138/138

Height: 5"4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by pam920 View Post
I've been eating plain greek yogurt with some cocoa powder, with a bit of sugar free pudding powder mix. I have cheesecake flavor. I don't eat a full cup (that is a serving size) and am very satisfied for the rest of the evening.
This was the second time today i heard about Greek yogurt with cocoa powder. I never would of though of it as I have always had a "thing" against any yogurt that was chocolaty. But this struck me as great, so I tried it. I really liked it! It would be great a tad frozen, or like you said, mixed in with some pudding, or even with chocolate protein powder. Now my problem will be deciding on which flavor at which time!
my3gr8boyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 09:31 AM   #37  

morning chicks.

Vickie, are you snowed in? Saw where you got hit hard. stay safe.

Sandra, yes, if I hear any thing new, i'll let you know.

My yogurt says a cup is a serving size but that is way too much for me. i think I have approximately 1/2 cup too. When I first did the South Beach diet, i used ricotta cheese with the unsweetened cocoa. I like it much better with greek yogurt. I use cheesecake pudding powder (sf of course) with strawberries and that one is a favorite too.

My husband is down on the scale again. He started at 195 and is down to 187.4. Why do men lose so much more quickly than us women? I'm only down about 4 lbs, but I'm still happy. As long as the scale is going down, and not up, i'm fine with whatever I can lose each week.
Old 02-24-2012, 02:50 PM   #38  
focused and aiming

Ahhhhhhhhh, Rhonda, I remember that root beer stand well. My maternal grandmother and I would drive over just for a float and a cheese dog.

Pam, congrats on being down 4 lbs. That's good. I don't get it with these men either. Life's not fair.

my3gr8byz. I'm glad you like the yogurt ideas.

Well, ladies, tomorrow is the indoor state. That's about all on my mind right now. Well, that and Nationals next weekend. My clothes are tight. Life goes on.....
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 03:17 PM   #39  

Nice day here..about 80 and windy..there is a tornado watch though.

I am sorting stuff in the garage that I had a helper bring from attic & both sheds. This stuff is going to kids, friends, sell, yardsale, charity or trash.
I am making piles to sort it.. I love getting rid of junk I should have never kept in the first place.

Low carb is going fine, except for a headache that I usually get the first few days.

Last edited by nancy237; 02-24-2012 at 03:18 PM.
nancy237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 04:15 PM   #40  

S/C/G: 193/138/138

Height: 5"4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by nancy237 View Post
I love getting rid of junk I should have never kept in the first place.
I love that, too!!!
my3gr8boyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 05:53 PM   #41  

my3gr8boyz (hmmm, do you have an easier name to type?)

I have a pile of clothes on the sofa to take to a resale place that gives all of its proceeds to Habitat for Humanity.

Chicks, the root beer stand that Sandra and I are mentioning deserves a place in history..it was just amazing, and well loved by thousands of people. It was called Shiftars, and the owner/operators were really nice....gave lots of young people their first jobs as cooks or carhops.

Pam, one of the reasons that the Greek yogurt is satisfying is that it is high protein...but, you probably know that.

We're waiting for the grandkids. And, my house is full of bad food, ready for tomorrow night's party. I'll be strong!

I think people are nuts: all upset that they can't get a pair of fancy sneakers when many of the people of the world have nothing more substantial than flip flops.

Last edited by Tejas; 02-24-2012 at 05:54 PM.
Old 02-24-2012, 08:39 PM   #42  

Yes, lots of protein in greek yogurt. We have a root beer place in Michigan called A&W. Anyone heard of it? The first one they opened is still in business. They had quite a few in other cities through the years and some have closed but the 1st one is still there. I believe they still have car hops too. Loved their root beer in frosted glasses.

Welcome to mommy of 3. What is your name? That is a long one to remember. Some of us are too old to remember a long name (wink, wink).

I made turkey cutlets today. Baked of course with veggies. Very good. We had a late dinner so I'm going to try to skip the snack tonight.

I love my flip flops. I wear them year round.
Old 02-25-2012, 10:35 AM   #43  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

Woke up to a shinny day but the winds are howling. Suppose to get worse as the day progresses. Talking about 60 MPH [hurricane force winds] later this afternoon and into tonight. One of my lady friends hopes that we don't lose electricity.

Got on the scale this morning and I finally broke the 3 week stall I'm now down to 166. Lost 1 lb this W-I.

SANDRA-I think your right with the lovely temps we are having I'm not complaining either. I heard a woman some where talking to some one that she didn't like the change,winter should be winter.,but I guess we all have our own opinions.

NANCY-No apologizing necessary we know how business you are with selling your house and find a new home. When I went to the tax man I got money back from the gov & the state but 1/2 of it went to have the taxes prepared. UGHHHH!!!! Just can't win LOL!!!! Thanks I like the frames better than the old ones. I'm doing low carbing and find it hard sometimes. My sister just told me about the hypnotizing tapes that she bought and somehow they are working. I have to ask her when she plays the type for it work on your subconscious.

PAM- even thought they we pretty I still had to pay full price for them as my insurance doesn't pay for them. I thought we had coverage when Leo was around but It guess it stopped after he died. Thanks for the yogurt ideas.I used to put PB along with the chocolate mix in ricotta cheese.,as my favorite candy is Resse's PB cup and pieces.YES I remember A&W I loved that place didn't know that they were around anymore. Root Beer is my favorite drink when I go out to lunch with my friend Rita. My friend gets a kick out it, as its served the root beer in a beer bottle and a frosted mug.

RHONDA-Interesting that your mom & day that their birthdays right after the other. WOW!! My father was born in 1902 and my mom 1907,but my father lived to 87 and my mom to 91.

to the thread Mom of Three,I used low carb yogurt from Dannon,as I'm on a low carb plan.

Have a great day and I see you guys tomorrow morning,if I not rushed to church.

Last edited by beach bum; 02-25-2012 at 10:41 AM.
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 10:37 AM   #44  

Isn't A&W national? Is the first one in Michigan? The one we're talking about was totally local. There's a totally local one here too, called Frosty's but we haven't been there yet.

We had the grandkids here, but they're gone now. I've got a busy day and evening.

Sandra, good luck today!!!
Old 02-25-2012, 10:39 AM   #45  

Congrats on the loss, Maryann...