Old 02-27-2012, 09:34 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

Default Simply filling/Core Weekly Chat: Feb 27-Mar 4

New Pages!
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 10:37 AM   #2  

good morning chicks. Thanks for starting a new thread Rhonda.

Today was our official WI. I lost 4 lbs and DH 7 lbs. If we had only started cutting out all those unnecessary snacks, we would be at goal. 4 months of walking and not a single pound shed, then one week of clean eating and bam!

Vickie posted in last weeks thread. Not sure if I can move it over here, but will try to copy and paste when I'm done posting this.

Vickie, have a super day with your sis.

Have a great week everyone.
pam920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 10:38 AM   #3  

This is Vickie's post from this morning, posted in wrong thread

Good Morning Chicks! I'm off to spend a rare day with my first Sister (she doesn't like when I say my oldest Sister!), just us. I'm taking her to my most favorite restaurant for my favorite salad. She is a healthy eater. It's called the Orchard Salad and it is fabulous, apples, apricots, cranberries, white cheddar, pecans on mixed field greens with an apple cider vinaigrette. Probably will eat all my calories at one sitting. They serve it with fabulous in house made artisan bread. And....they have a bakery to buy dessert to eat there. Then we are going shopping to Sephora for ideas and to Ulta to buy with our coupons. Can you tell I'm looking forward to it? Better run and have some breakfast so I don't eat too much bread. Oh yeah.....PT first. Darn heel.

Light and love to all of you.

Rhonda and Sandra.....you too are motion machines!
Old 02-27-2012, 10:48 AM   #4  

Pam..I am glad you found Vickie hiding out in another thread

I am down to 147.2 from 152. I know alot is that first water loss but hey it still feels motivating.. I even ate out twice yesterday and stayed away from carbs. Passed on the bread roll at lunch and the chips at dinner..

Step daughter and I are going back to the monument place in another town because they can't get Robin's photo right for his monument..Its been ready to order except that for weeks.
nancy237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 11:47 AM   #5  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

Looks like were into a Spring patterned today.Will try to go to the mailbox this afternoon for my walking.Much too cold for the beach with all the windows around there.

A crazy thing happened to me and another friend in my Choir, we all met for dinner at Eli's Lounge. Before I go anywhere out to eat I always check the menu on the computer. I saw a Seafood stew that I love,but it was only on the Gluten free menu so when I ordered at the restaurant I asked for a gluten free menu and ordered my stew.After dinner they asked if we wanted a dessert we all agreed and of course I ordered the Chocolate Mud Pie. The waiter said to me I can't give you that dessert. Why not I want the dessert, he in tern went to the Major Dee and explained my answer,and the Major Dee came over to me and told me, I shouldn't have that dessert, as I being a gluten free person. Well I laughed out loud and explained to him I wanted this seafood stew and that was the only menu it was on. I had the place laughing,can't take me anywhere. In the restaurant beside my friends were another couple from my choir and two priest from the parish. How embarrassing!!!! Than at the end when it was time to pay my friend Pat paid thinking it was a credit card turned out to be driver license,the waiter returned and told her she has a nice picture but that was going to pay the bill. The whole area again laughed at us,so Mary told the waiter we had a great time even if we were the entertainment for the night. I'm still laughing as I'm posting to you.

RHONDA-Thanks for the new pages.

PAM-BIG CONGRATS On your 4 lb loss,she I knew your were close enough to lose that. Yep!!! That what happens,you have to turn to healthy snacks. When I'm hungry at night while I watching TV I put protein power in a glass of ice cold water and either shake or stir i it and than that becomes a filling drink.

VICKIE-Hope you dinner out with your sister was fun.

NANCY-BIG CONGRATS on your 4.8lb loss also. Don't matter if it water you lost weight and that's the most important thing. Hope the matter with your DH photo turns out OK.

Have to go and start my dinner
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 05:33 PM   #6  
focused and aiming

We're home from the State Championship. Day 1 I shot the highest score I've ever shot indoors with my recurve. I won and set a new state record. Can't wait for all to get posted online on the club's website.

Tomorrow morning I'm going back to WW. I told Curtis to make me go if I tried to back out. Don't really know if he has that power or not and hope not to have to find out. We both wore jeans for this tournament and were squeezed into them. It's time to bite that bullet again. Wonder how many points for bullets?

Vickie, enjoy your day. You sound so excited and happy. Makes me smile.

Rhonda, thank you for the new pages. We are now debating as to whether we're shooting that Southern Sectionals in Roanoke in 2 weeks or not. We have an outdoor state championship at Canyon Lake coming up March 25 that we need to begin training. I'll let you know if we go to Roanoke.

Nancy, on losing. You, too, Pam. I hope to join you this week. I should have a big loss week 1 back to WW as I've been eating a lot of carbs, salt, and about everything else but sugar.

Maryann, that's a funny restaurant experience. I have one, too. Several years ago Curtis and I went into a restaurant down around Lake Travis outside Austin, TX. They had fried fish on a buffet. I told the waitress I was on Dr. Phil's diet and wanted to know if they had grilled fish. She came back from the kitchen telling me everyone in the kitchen was excited and were grilling my fish. They were very very excited to have one of Dr. Phil's weightloss TV contestants eating their food. Was I embarassed or what? All I was doing was reading his book and following his plan.

Got to go. I'll catch ya'll later.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 06:32 PM   #7  

Sandra, that is wonderful. I know you must be very excited. I understand about WW. I reached my breaking point last week and cut out my snacking and it seems to be working. I still eat 3 meals with a nightly snack. If I were to get hungry during the day, I'd grab a piece of fruit. I must be eating the right foods, because I really am not hungry. Good luck.

Congrats Nancy. I hope you continue having great success.

Maryann, I was cracking up just reading your post. I have been there, done that. I'm sure everyone enjoyed the entertainment, lol.
Old 02-27-2012, 10:48 PM   #8  

Cute stories! Congrats to the losers, and to you Sandra, again. You're the best, of course. And, good luck back at WW's. You'll do well.

Now, contrary to all your good work, I ate whatever I wanted the last few days and a few pounds went back on. It's the carbs, ladies, the carbs. The nutritionist told me to see them as "poison." I'll do that and they'll go away again.
Old 02-28-2012, 11:41 AM   #9  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

We have a beautiful day with a little breeze.Going out to play canasta this afternoon. I told my friends that we should play on a certain day and don't deviate.So we are going to play the last Tues of the mouth, This way no one make doctor or other appointments that day.

Quote:
Maryann, that's a funny restaurant experience. I have one, too. Several years ago Curtis and I went into a restaurant down around Lake Travis outside Austin, TX. They had fried fish on a buffet. I told the waitress I was on Dr. Phil's diet and wanted to know if they had grilled fish. She came back from the kitchen telling me everyone in the kitchen was excited and were grilling my fish. They were very very excited to have one of Dr. Phil's weight loss TV contestants eating their food. Was I embarrassed or what? All I was doing was reading his book and following his plan.
SANDRA-We just can't get enough of that restaurant incident. Oh my goodness that's funny also. So your were a important Dr Phil's TV contestants eating at their restaurant,did they give some discount on the meal????

PAM-Glad you like the story,in the 15 years living up here that ever happened to me before.

RHONDA- You're correct carbs are poison,especially to the insulin resistant patients,which I one of them. That why I trying to stay away from the high one. I have bread that is net 5 carbs and this morning I had a herring with wine sauce on 2 slices of L/C Bread. with 1 c almond milk that has 1 net carb.

Have to go,and start my dinner
Old 02-28-2012, 07:34 PM   #10  
focused and aiming

Maryann, they didn't give me a discount. We all had a good laugh, though. And I did get my grilled fish.

Rhonda, you are soooooo right. Carbs are poison for weightloss. I prob had a million yesterday. Hattie and I ate out for bfast and lunch.

Pam, I stocked up on fruit today. I did buy some WW snacks, too, but am going to save them for emergencies. Day 1 shouldn't have an emergency.

WW was fantastic today. I felt right at home. In fact there were about a dozen ladies there that I already knew. Some I grew up with. Life is good.
Old 02-28-2012, 09:12 PM   #11  

Sandra, glad you had a good day at WW.

Today is my late sister's BD. So, Doyle and I split a Mike's Hard Lemonade in her honor. She used to say "split a beer with me?" So, you'd do that and then you'd split another one

Last edited by Tejas; 02-28-2012 at 09:12 PM.
Old 02-28-2012, 11:16 PM   #12  
focused and aiming

Rhonda, your sister would be proud. She sounds like she was a fun person. (Probably like you.)

I have snacked on oranges, a banana, and some grapes.
Old 02-28-2012, 11:17 PM   #13  

just finished watching BL. Karma.

Happy Birthday to your sister Rhonda. I don't drink but I bet I'd like the Mike's Hard Lemonade. Never cared for beer.

Sandra, glad you felt at home at your WW meeting. I forgot to comment on your Dr. Phil escapade. Sounds kinda fishy to me, lol.

Maryann, when do you get tested again for type 2 diabetes? After the report on the news today, saying statins can cause diabetes, my husband is ready to quit his. He is anxious to see his dr. when we get back to KY to get tested. He has really improved on his eating and we walk twice a day, so I hope the numbers are good for him.

We are more than likely heading back to KY on Sunday. I already made an appt with my daughter for a cut, color, wax and manicure. The works.
Old 02-29-2012, 11:33 AM   #14  

Pam, my understanding is that statins causing diabetes is possible, but unusual-especially when there are other reasons to have diabetes. I have a good friend who is Type 1 and she takes statins, for what that is worth.

You know, my DH is a special guy. No matter what I serve--even if it's simple, even if it's not among his favorites--he says "thank you." Invariably! His mama reared him correctly, in that regard.
Old 02-29-2012, 01:13 PM   #15  
beachbum

Hi Ladies

They saying we are going to have the white stuff again,but only 2 inches before it turns to rain. Won a whole dollar at our canasta game yesterday,I think our next scheduled game with be the last Tues of the month. I think its going to be who will be hosting it.

SANDRA-My friends are still laughing over the situation.Good Luck going back to WW. It hasn't worked for me,even the core so I'm staying here on the L.C plan.

PAM-OOOW!!! I have to look into that. Never heard about statin drugs causing diabetes . I've been taking Leschol for about 10 years now. Going back some time in March for my blood test.

Have a great day