Old 02-22-2012, 12:05 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

We went out with DH's firstborn (male, about 50 now) for dinner. We went to a major steakhouse, and I am so proud of myself. I had steak SALAD with oil and vinegar on the side, and a glass of red wine. I had 2 crab cakes as an appetizer, with no lemon butter! Delicious and not crazy.
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 10:56 AM   #17  

Great job Rhonda. Those crab cakes sound yummy.

well, we cut out the late evening snacking for the last 2 days and the scale is finally moving. I was up to 170 at one point but today the scale reads 166. My husband has dropped 4 lbs in 2 days. i'm sure a lot of it is sodium and water, but it's just the incentive he needed to finally listen to me. If we can keep this up, we should finally see all this walking pay off. I've been eating plain greek yogurt with some cocoa powder, with a bit of sugar free pudding powder mix. I have cheesecake flavor. I don't eat a full cup (that is a serving size) and am very satisfied for the rest of the evening.
pam920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 12:53 PM   #18  

Pam, the crab cakes WERE yummy. And, the steak on the salad was done perfectly, the salad was creative, and the wine was perfect. Quite a meal, but a friend told me that "steak salad" is an oxymoron

I like greek yogurt also, with some fruit in it.

I'm off to the elliptical!
Old 02-22-2012, 03:04 PM   #19  
Southside White Sox Fan

Awww Nancy....your story is beautiful and made me cry. I believe Robin is still taking care of you.
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 04:06 PM   #20  
beachbum

Hi Ladies

Went to Mass & than to a church meeting. Cooked dinner and than got my new glasses,below. My son approves now it my DD who has to answer my e-mail.

Otherwise nothings new,

PAM-I agree with you,if that whats are going to be in the meat dept of the supermarket i will turn vegetarian.

RHONDA- Now that Lent is here,I'm going to have crab cakes on Friday when I go out with my friend Rita. Had stuffed clams today

Have a great evening
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 04:17 PM   #21  
focused and aiming

Nancy!!!

Pam, congrats on getting the scales to move.

Rhonda, I think Doyle and I are quite a bit alike. I'm not doing too well either.

Got to go. We're heading to town. BBL
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 10:35 PM   #22  
focused and aiming

We had a young archer come out this afternoon. He's shooting extremely well getting ready to go wild hog hunting. (Scares me!) Curtis and I are taking the boat out tomorrow and will fish for a couple of hours. Should be fun.

Maryann, I'll bet your new glasses look good. Did your dd like them?

Vickie, how are your doctors' appointments going? My OA sponsor is having knee surgery next week. She seems in good spirits and is ready to get it over with.

Pam, I have been surfing reading about BL's blowup. What next?

Got to go. We have a movie coming on.
Old 02-22-2012, 10:37 PM   #23  

Will you girls pray for something ??

My closing will be in a few months & if my land sold before that it would make things easier to figure out with the financing..
I got an email from the land realtor that he had 2 very interested parties...

If you are a prayer I could use it and if not just send up positive thoughts
nancy237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 11:00 PM   #24  
focused and aiming

Consider it done.
Old 02-22-2012, 11:12 PM   #25  

done Nancy. Things seem to be falling into place for you, so i bet you get it sold.

Yes, Sandra, went to TMZ to see what was going on. You know Conda was the leader. Hope they don't come back. nbc has to know that most of us are not happy with this season.

Still doing good on our program. I made a spaghetti bake for dinner (so good) with meatballs. We didn't overeat so hopefully the scales will be nice to us. I had my greek yogurt with fresh strawberries and pistachio pudding mix. Very good. The greek yogurt seems to satisfy me and I don't crave anything else the rest of the night.

Maryann, glad you like your new glasses. I had mine re-made and i still can't wear them. I'm still using my old ones.
pam920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 11:45 PM   #26  
focused and aiming

Pam, did you see for sure that Conda's the leader? It would be great if they don't bring them back. What a twist! Current contestants exchanging for former ones! Now that would be kewl!

I had a banana for a snack tonight. Curtis had peanut butter and crackers. They looked good.
Old 02-23-2012, 09:43 AM   #27  

Out of the 180's!!!!!! Finally, at long last!

Off to tap class.

Last edited by Tejas; 02-23-2012 at 09:43 AM.
Old 02-23-2012, 10:30 AM   #28  
Southside White Sox Fan

WOW.....SO much success here. I hope it becomes contagious. Congratulations Rhonda and Pam.

I'm ok. Nephrologist and Internist said report in inconclusive on my stomach nodule. Good news is that it is stable from June 2010. Now they're sending me to the Gastroenterologist. Sheesh.

Heel still hurts but better. I'm still in PT.

We are bracing for a snow storm over night; 5-9 inches and they say worse North. We live South so that's good news. We have our refinancing closing tomorrow so I have to call the back to find out what the story is with that.

Nancy, I will pray AND think good thoughts. How about that!

Hey Mary Ann and Sandra!

Gotta get my phone calls made.

Hugs to you all.
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 12:12 PM   #29  
beachbum

Good Morning ladies

Looks like we are going to have rain,some time today,even thought the sun is shinning.It might as well rain,as maybe the heaves will be crying for me today. I have to go to THE TAXMAN this afternoon.I'm not very happy,thinking of all the money I will be paying the government taking money out of my IRA's and putting them in a saving bank. Not look forward to that.

PAM-Congrats on your 4 lb loss,that great.Sorry that you having problems with your new glasses. My prescription hasn't changed that much,so I'm lucky.

SANDRA-Thanks I put my photo on the avatar,so all can see my new glasses. No I have opened my e-mail yet.I'm sure my DD will like these one instead.

NANCY-I"m so happy for you,and sending some prayers you way.

RHONDA,BIG CONGRATS ON GETTING OUT OF THE 180'S YES YOU HARD WORD DID PAY OFF.

Have to go have a great day

Last edited by beach bum; 02-23-2012 at 12:15 PM.
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 03:15 PM   #30  
focused and aiming

Rhonda, on being in the 70's. You have earned it for sure.

Vickie, I guess that's good news from your doctors. I will keep praying for your continuing improvement. I don't like you to be in pain.

Maryann, it's 80ish here today, but we have a cool spell coming in tomorrow. I really think winter missed us this year--I'm not complaining.