Old 02-22-2011, 07:26 PM   #16  

Happy Anniversary Sandra and Curtis. Good to hear you are having fun.

I am still battling these allergies. My car hood is yellow, the pollen is so heavy right now.

jojo, shame on that man. People like him make me so angry. I guess he forgot we are all God's children.

Haven't been on the computer much these last few days. Just enough to check emails, etc. and then I shut down. Throat is not as sever today, so maybe I'll find some relief soon.

hi to the other chickies.
pam920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 08:09 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 153/142/130

Height: 5'2"

Ev'nin' chicks! I'm home sick since Saturday evening. Can't decide if it's a cold or the flu, so I'm not gonna stay long. I might be contagious

Happy Anniversary, Sandra. Sorry about your church problems. We've not been since a crisis in our church several months ago. I agree with Jojo. It's churchians that give Christians a bad name. I definitely describe myself as faithful, not religious!

I feel so yukky!!! I'm getting off here before I make you all sick. Love you all!!!! TTFN
sloanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 08:14 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

Jojo, I meant to say something also about the crude and inhumane congregant. His outrageous behavior was matched by the minister's. I spent 10 years out of any church because of racism in my home church on the part of the Board of Directors. I eventually joined the Unitarian Universalists and am happy there.

I have a good treat to share. It's a mock banana pudding. Put 1/2 sliced banana in a bowl. Add fat free whipping cream, a bit of vanilla, and a crumbled granola bar (I used Nature Valley Oats and Honey). Enjoy!
My trainer told me about it, and I had it tonight. Delicious.

Sorry to hear you're feeling poorly, Sloan....get well!

Last edited by Tejas; 02-22-2011 at 08:15 PM.
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 11:28 PM   #19  
focused and aiming

Sloan and Pam, I hope you're both feeling better quickly.

Rhonda, the mock banana pudding sounds delicious.

Tuesday:

ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 03:18 AM   #20  
hopeless but harmless

Height: 5' 5"

Thanks girls. Although it is over 30 years since it happened, it still hurts. We haven't given up on churches, we are sure there is one out there somewhere, for us!

Belated happy anniversary Sandra. Hope you had a lovely day.

When our TV turned up its toes we bit the bullet and got one of these digi ready ones. We had a heck of a job finding one smaller than a cinema screen. They were all so huge. The switchover to digi, for our area, is in April. Because I am a pensioner (senior) we are entitled to free help setting up another TV so we have bought one for the bedroom. We already have an ariel socket there. The man is coming tomorrow between 12 and 4 pm so that means 7pm doesn't it.
I'm dreading how my mum will cope when the change over comes. She is on her 3rd TV since the dementia. This lady who used to speak Welsh, French and Latin, now sits in front of the telly day in day out and cannot say what she is watching. When she has a cerebral bleed, she fiddles with the back of the TV and also the remote control and eventually, the TV is inoperable.
jojo23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 02:54 PM   #21  
focused and aiming

JoJo, I love your redbird in your signature. Thank you for the anniversary wishes. We enjoyed our day and are now getting all ready for our trip this weekend. This morning (as yesterday morning) we did some shooting while wearing what we'll wear each day just to make sure nothing gets caught in a string and stuff like that. I'm wearing khaki shorts and red tops each day to match my red bow and red fletch on my arrows. There'll be a lady from Houston in all purple and another in all blue.(That's what women archers do. )

That is so sad about your mother's health. I know it breaks your heart to see her this way. Just keep remembering this is the disease and not her.
Old 02-23-2011, 03:06 PM   #22  

hey chickies. I woke up this morning with no voice. It's starting to move into my chest, so I'm wondering if it's my allergies or a cold. I am coughing quite a bit now.

jojo, my MIL has alzheimers and every time my husband talks to her, he has to explain where we are, etc, etc. It's sad. She was always the strong one, taking care of everyone, and now the tables have turned. So far she pretty much knows everyone, although once my husband and my oldest daughter went to see her and she didn't recognize her. She asked my husband if I knew he had a girlfriend. And once she didn't know him and it broke his heart. Everytime he calls her, she asks about me. I told him to be grateful for still having her and his dad. Both my parents have passed.

Sandra, red is a good color. Sounds like a fun time planned.

Rhonda, that dessert sounds pretty darn good. I'll have to try it.

sloan, sorry you are sick also. I thought mine was allergies, but leaning towards it being a cold. Haven't had one in years and years.
pam920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 03:36 PM   #23  
Southside White Sox Fan

Hey Chicks! I'm just buzzing through.

Sloan, I'm so sorry you're sick. Hope you get to feeling better soon.

I'm done making applesauce and checking credit reports. Now I must move on to other tasks. BBL.
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 06:30 PM   #24  
focused and aiming

Pam, I hope you get better quickly.

Vickie, you're a busy chickie for sure. Did you get your new carpet installed?
Old 02-23-2011, 06:31 PM   #25  
focused and aiming

Wednesday:

Old 02-23-2011, 09:48 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 153/142/130

Height: 5'2"

Hey chicks, I had a really good night last night, so I went to school today. Big mistake!! I left early and have been on the couch ever since. I'll stay home tomorrow as well.

Pam, hope you feel better soon.

Got to crash! C-ya later
sloanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 05:15 AM   #27  
hopeless but harmless

Height: 5' 5"

Sandra Red was our daughter's favourite colour. EVERYTHING she had was red. Good luck and let me know when you come over for the Olympics, I have every faith you will get there.

After a leprous week when it rained solidly and was as black as Egypt’s night by teatime; today dawned bright, dry, mild and clear. It has made such a difference to how you feel. I have all the windows open and have just finished hoovering and spraying lemon fabreeze everywhere. Mark is out getting our weekly eggs. A friend keeps free range hens and the eggs are unbelievably tasty. Deep yellow yolks and bring a whole new experience to boiled eggs and soldiers.
Have a good one everybody
jojo23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 01:01 PM   #28  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good Morning Chicks! I finally got some sleep last night and I'm feeling a bit better. Hope you are all well. My eating is not stellar but is improving a bit.
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 02:33 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

I love red too!

Off for a nap, then to the gym.
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 03:46 PM   #30  

Can't remember my last update but we are home..

Duke Hospital called today and I think we will be testing there next week
to prepare for a Cord Blood transplant. We may do one more
normal Chemo round while the Cord Blood Cells are being prepared .

He is very weak and has a bad cough & wheeze. Finding foods that
settle right has been hard with the indigestion, nausea, and taste changes
from the drugs. Cereal, milkshakes & eggs are working..

Sloan..hope you feel better..
nancy237 is offline   Reply With Quote