Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Closed Thread

Old 02-07-2006, 10:16 AM   #16  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

Noooooooooooooooooo must not burn chocolate! That's sacrilege!

At least I keep them at home rather than at work! I'm hardly at home so that's damage limitation in itself! They will be gone soon. It's odd because some weeks I can go for ages without touching them (actually I just remembered I had other boxes of chocolate when I wasn't eating them). Ok well maybe a week... But once these are gone. They are GONE, no more "1 a day" chocolates.
Old 02-07-2006, 10:42 AM   #17  

Welcome to everyone who has joined us!

127! I am so excited for you Susan. I've been so focused on just getting back to 134 that I haven't thought any further down the road. I actually got a little flutter in my stomach when I read your post. Reading about your success made me realize what my own possiblilities are. I mean if I'm excited because YOU only weigh 127 imagine how I'll feel when I finally get there. Very motivating!

2frustrated, ever wonder why they call those stupid things "stability" balls. What the heck is so stable about them? Of course, I nearly jump out of my skin if I lean back in a rocking chair too fast because I feel like I'm falling over backwards. Yeah, when I was working I was always a big hit in conferences because those stupid rocking office chairs always made me grap the table and gasp. So, exercises that involves too much balance isn't exactly for me. But, once I got the hang of them I really fell in love with the stabiltiy balls. They give a great work out that is for sure.

I hear you on the "easy" day concept. I've been getting back into the swing of cardio and yesterday was only able to run about 2 miles on the treadmill and I found myself being annoyed. Then I remembered that I was RUNNING ON A TREADMILL. A year ago I couldn't walk 2 miles on a treadmill even at a slow pace, much less run. So, I might have some catching up to do in order to get back to my peak but I'm still a lot better off than I once was.

I've been thinking about these 7 pounds I've gained and am feeling good that I actually caught myself going of track so soon. To be honest, I've always ignored regains in the past until they were well out of hand. So, it is a big improvement for me that I not only stayed aware enough to notice I was off track but that I actually had a positive enough attitude to do something about it. So, I guess I really have changed my whole lifestyle. Yay me!

I'm trying to get back in the habit of drinking more water. Personally, I've never bought into the idea that we need 8 glasses a day. As long as my urine is clear and I'm not thirsty I know I'm getting plenty. But, if I drink too much diet coke (like I have been) I snack more too. So, back to water it is.

Here's to another successful day for all of us! Keep up the hard work everyone!
Old 02-07-2006, 11:23 AM   #18  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

Well done for catching it at 7lbs! This really is a lifestyle change. And when you're at goal... You'll only ever be 7lbs higher than goal weight at your heaviest weight! Then you'll notice and move back down again.
Old 02-07-2006, 11:46 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Ya know what Lucky? I get a flare of excitement when I look at your weight tracker. It's catching this business we're in.
Share the fun! Share the excitement! Weight loss, yes!
Sounds like an ad for Disney World.
Old 02-07-2006, 01:20 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 268(2003) 186/182/146

Height: 5'5"

I can't even imagine being 127 (Congrats Susan!!) but then again I couldn't imagine being 154 either.

I love doing push ups on my stability ball! It burns so much more than just regular ones. I actually really enjoy all the exercises on the ball. It's such a fun workout.

Can I ask you girls what sizes you're aiming for? I'm really struggling with where I want to end up. Have a great day!
Old 02-07-2006, 01:40 PM   #21  

I remember being so happy to be 154. I think I must have had a blip at 155 or 6. Now I panic if I head back up to 138. My how we change!

getncontrol? do you have a real name you'd like to share with us? How tall are you? That makes more difference than a lot of people think. I'm little, much to my surprise! I thought I was a sturdy Flemish woman like my Grandma! I just had a ring resized to a 5 1/2.
I have had a couple size 2's and 3's. I'd be very happy with that. If you're much taller, you'll probably be in an 8 now. At 155 I was a 12.
Old 02-07-2006, 02:02 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 268(2003) 186/182/146

Height: 5'5"

Sorry, I forget to 'sign' my name most times. It's Gaylyn. I'm 5'6" and I'm pretty much a 10 now. I'm just not sure where I want to end up. During my journey my goals have been an 18, then 14, then a 10. Now that I'm here this isn't good enough.
Old 02-07-2006, 02:51 PM   #23  

Gaylyn, I'm not quite sure where I'll end up size wise either. I'm only 5 foot 2 inches and an 8P is rather loose on me within a pound or two of 135 (up or down). I've always used my sister as a gauge since she is only an inch taller than me and we have a similar build. She's a size 4. Right now, though, I'm planning to just take it one size at a time. But, at my height, I think a 4 is perfectly reasonable. I tend to drop a size every 10 pounds so that should put me at about 120. But, I've really been focusing on my weight workouts so it may be that I reach a size for before I reach my goal weight. Doesn't matter to me which comes first as long as I make it to one of them!
Old 02-07-2006, 03:23 PM   #24  

Can I join you guys. I'm having a real hard time getting back into the swing of things. I started at 186 about 2 years ago after having my second son. I lost my weight through very close watching and got down to 107. Then, this past year (around May) my doctor changed by birth control pills and my weight skyrocketed. At the time I didn't realize what was happening. I thought that maybe I wasn't watching myself as closly and the weight was just creeping back up. Then, after gaining about 12 pounds I started watching very close to see if I could drop it back off. No chance. I continued to gain until I was up a total of 26 pounds. At that point I checked with the doctor, and, sure enough. She had had the same problem with those BCP when she was taking them. So, in January I went off of them and have been trying to get back on track. I'm having a really hard time though because things didn't work before and I lost my motivation. Help please. Push me!!!

Beth
Old 02-07-2006, 03:32 PM   #25  

Welcome Beth! We push each other around all the time. Actually we're more like a mutual admiration society ... and you'll fit right in. That's 70 lbs! I admire you already. What are you eating? Do you exercise?

Gaylyn ... that's pretty! The beauty of health is that we've got our whole lives to work at it. 145 ... 140 Size 8? size 10? try them all! The sky's the limit!
Old 02-07-2006, 04:22 PM   #26  

Not only that, but having a wood stove is great exercise. All of that stacking and hauling of wood has got to amount to something!
Old 02-07-2006, 05:20 PM   #27  

Thanks for the welcome Susan. I'm looking forward to making lots of new friends.

I try to eat low calorie on a day to day basis. Then, if we go out, I enjoy. The net effect is less calories than I burn. As far as exercise. I try to exercise 6 days a week. Using variety to keep my body guessing and so that I don't get bored. i.e. bike, run, eliptical ?sp, weight training, pilates.

Beth
Old 02-07-2006, 05:49 PM   #28  

Default Almost where I want to be.

Well.....I started my WL journey on the first days of August. I've gone from 210 lbs. to 145 lbs. as of now. I only need 15 more to reach my goal! It's so near that I fear the possibilities that I will have once my confidence reaches 100%. My tribulations have basically been comments about the way I look and the criticism that I get for wanting to be a skinny guy. But that's where I want to be! I do tend to indulge uncontrollably at times, but I catch myself before I fall completely. The best consequence of my weight loss is not worrying whether if I will fit in a student seat at the lecture hall. I fit anywhere and don't have to look for the biggest desk. People are impressed as well in a positive way. Doors have opened for me. I now have three jobs as a math tutor, dates, the whole package. People treat me different. Believe it or not, I do not find what many websites claim to be true: "Do not expect weight loss to make your life better. Things do not change." Things do change, but maybe perhaps because now you are confident if you weren't as a bigger person. I'd like to look as an Abercrombie & Fitch, but on the other hand, losing weight does not perform miracles. All I know is that I'd like this journey to come to an end so that I can maintain and have people get used to myself being thin. I'll miss the experiences of the process, but at the end, I'll be happy to be where I wanted. My fear now is that after I'm there, how hard will it be to maintain. I wonder if I will be able to do so. In a nutshell, having lost 104 pounds in total reassures me that I'm able to do anything, especially when taking math exams. Anybody can do this!

I must add that "Lucky" has provided me with the greatest support to help me avoid surrendering to my attempts to sabotage myself.

Last edited by Psychego; 02-07-2006 at 05:58 PM.
Old 02-07-2006, 05:52 PM   #29  
Maintainer

S/C/G: 216/116/125 100 Lbs Lost!

Height: 5' 1" Tall

Lucky:

You are my hero! I can't wait until I'm where you are. You should be very proud of yourself.
Old 02-07-2006, 07:37 PM   #30  

Do you ever have those days when everything just falls into place and seems effortless? I am having one of those days. I treated myself to a massage today and the therapist told me I might want to take it easy for the rest of the day. But I felt so good and had so much energy that it seemed like a crime to waste that feeling. So I had a TERRIFIC workout and made myself a delicious nutritious dinner (broiled salmon and roasted vegetables). It's days like these that make me think "10 pounds? No problem."

Please remind me of this feeling tomorrow when I am grumbling about going to the gym and desperate for chocolate...
Closed Thread