Make Me Accountable in March

You're on Page 3 of 13
Go to
  • jmko sorry crossed posted. thanks love...you are charging through the 150s! way to go. And yes its ok to steal fries.lol

gnat way to go on exercising even though you had a headache. I struggle with evening time munchies too
  • Prepping- thanks! I am getting at least one big task that has been bothering me done every night so far this week. It's a work in progress but I am getting there. Can't wait to hear how the popcorn worked out.

Rainbow- I hope your dinner had lots of yummy veggies!

Laneyy- Oh no! I hope you recover quickly!

jmko- I wish a day was all I needed but my place is still a wreck from my move.

gnat- Way to make it to the gym even with a headache! I hope dinner goes ok for you... I am the same way with eating fast or over indulging because I was so hungry. Drink lots of water to help fill you up!

so most of what I have left to unpack/organize is my husbands stuff that he doesn't want me unpack (school books and stuff that he wants organized in a certain way). He is quite the intellectual type and we have like a library of books. :/ Once he has all of that taken care of I will turn into a spring cleaning hurricane for sure! BUT I can't hold my breath on that so in the mean time I am doing my best. Oh and did I mention I have a half set up fish tank and another half built fish tank in my living room. Ugh, I am realizing how much of this is actually on the Honey Do list that hasn't been getting done. It might be time for me to learn how to build a fish tank.
  • jmko Giving up....not an option. Taking a break possibly is, but I'm feeling re-energized and ready to keep going! I sympathize with you, I'm so bad around fries! I CANNOT resist them.

sun So glad the weather is improving your outlook. I'm worried about how winter will affect me! Hopefully I can just keep doing well!

Kay It's just about 6pm here so I'm still waiting to find out what dinner actually is once my mum gets home...I hope it has veggies! If not, I'm getting frozen steamer vege bags out of the freezer and just going to eat a heap! Ah the books - sounds like my boyfriend, he has so many books. Today he said the silliest thing, that he would get rid of all of his books to make room for my clothes! So ridiculous. I don't even have that many clothes and I keep them elsewhere since we're living at his parents house.
  • sun your walk sounds so nice! I always think it's too humid here. Lucky!

tina what an awesome deal with your trainer!!

kaynicole don't you hate when men take forever to do things? You'll get it done eventually. Maybe do a little everyday.

rainbow mcdonalds french fries are totally my weakness. I can't imagine a world without them! Somedays I think about taking a break too. Then I get on the scale and see that I've lost and it just motivates me to keep going!
  • I had a late night cheese and cracker attack last night (10pm) and the scale this morning didnt care. Yay!
  • kay Isn't so annoying when they never get around to doing what we need them to? Hope it gets cleared out soon.

rainbow I am sure you will do fine. Personally I am a bit tramatized about Sept. Its when my daughter was born and we went through alot of heartbreak. I tend to get depressive around that time and then winter just gives me the blahs. I hate dark and cold. How cold does it get over there?

jmko It was so nice and I went again today. The south gets pretty humid too but I don't mind the sweat I just jump in the shower and then it feels great. But once its full blown summer I will have to exercise in the morning or in the evenin when the temp is cooler.

ishi Thats awesome that you are not getting upset Sometimes our bodies need a little snack

Went for my walk, was awesome! On with the day. Although DH is sick and cranky so that means I have to play nurse. bleh. I was hoping for a movie or something outside away from our house while DD was in school. oh well.
  • Totally just updated my weight loss binder. I made myself a "goals" sheet, and a report outlining my age, height, weight, BMI, BMR, and a table of calorie expenditure with different activity levels. SO AWESOME. Also got 30 mins of bellydancing in, which makes me happy. Perhaps I'll do some yoga before popping in the shower.
  • ishi mm cheese and crackers!!

sun i vote for leaving the men alone when they're sick. they just turn into big whiney babies (i'm not happy with my DH right now)

laneyy weight loss binder? good idea! I think I should start recording my BMI and BMR.

151.4 this morning ladies!! I think it's a little strange though...most mornings I wake up and weigh myself, then work out and weigh again. It makes sense that I weigh less after the workout, but this morning I weight more! I didn't intake any water so I'm worried. Argh. And my cat is trying to eat my toes. -_-
  • jmko - I have a chart of my goals, the descriptions, a goal date, and then a column for the actual date the goal was attained. I have a section for journal entries, a section for a food log, a section for recipes, one for articles, and a calendar to track my exercise. In the reports it outlines my age, height, weight, BMI, BMR, and measurements. It seems a little extreme and overboard, but I think it'll really help me see the progress I'm making and see what's really working for me. With every 10lbs I lose I'm going to have to re-evaluate my BMR though, since it'll go down as my weight goes down.

Also, I should weigh myself naked from now on. All week I was thinking I was 212... This morning, I weighed myself and I was 211, and then right before jumping in the shower (and this is after eating, too) I weighed myself nakie, and I was 209!!

Anywho, I just got back from the oral surgeon and all the running around I had to do, and now I'm sitting on my couch eating baby food. This is going to be reeeeeally interesting for my diet. Also, my mouth feels a little empty. It's going to take some getting used to :/
  • So, day 2. I hit the gym after work, which I'm trying to make a habit of (since I pass it on the way home anyways). I decided to go to a "On the ball" class, which I'm sure everyone is familiar with (if not, they do exercises on exercise balls). About 20mins into the class, we were bouncing on the ball gently and using the weights doing some punching motions....all the sudden BOOM!

At this point, I didn't really know what had happened, but I was sitting on the floor. The exercise ball had burst and I was definitely beet red. The instructor was very apologetic about it and told me that because lots of people use the balls, that the lifespan of them are short and it could've happened to anyone.

It definitely tops the charts tho for 'most embarrassing moment'. I was able to shrug it off and I finished the class on a newer ball - although in the back of my mind there's a little voice saying "the ball burst because you're a fat a$$!"

I made the mistake of telling my parents what happened and they had a good roar over it. I haven't told my FI yet, but I'm sure he will too >.<

Anyone else have any embarrassing gym moments?
  • jmko I think the reason I have been considering stopping is because the scale numbers aren't so motivating at the moment - but I have to remind myself to look at the bigger picture and see how far I've come in the last 7 months.

sun Glad to hear you got a good walk in! For me I just worry about my moods because I've suffered pretty severe depression in the past and it's always kind of there, threatening to get worse. The winter weather doesn't help. I guess in comparison, our winters are pretty mild...Auckland never sees anything below maybe 4 or 5 degrees celsius, and that would be very cold for us. But we do get A LOT of rain.

Laneyy Weight loss binder! How awesome and organized! Also I always weigh nekkid haha, I want the lowest number possible!

gnat Sorry about your embarrassing gym experience! I have actually never been to a gym haha, so I can't share anything embarrassing like that unfortunately - but I would have felt the same way.

~Alright so I made the most out of an unexpected situation last night! I was at my parents place, thinking my mum was coming home to cook, but she came home and just didn't want to, so we went out to this Italian chain restaurant here...usually I like to know in advance so I can have fewer calories during the day and then maybe get pizza or pasta - but because I wanted veges and because I'd had a higher calorie day already - I opted for the plain grilled chicken breast with steamed veges and this mexican sauce on the side (it was basically just tomatoes, capsicums, onions and chilis) and I felt so proud of myself! I had a piece of garlic bread, but other than that I think I did great!
    I really didn't want to exercise today, but I just danced around my room for 26 minutes, kind of jogging on the spot and using some moves from Zumba. Not a traditional or proper workout, but I sweated a lot and at least I was moving...hah.
    Now it's nearly 2.30 pm and I'm going to shower and head to the mall to meet my mum. I haven't bought ANY new underwear since losing weight and it's long overdue...all of mine are sagging and bunching and it's not comfortable!
  • gnat- omg, that must have felt HORRIBLE! I am so sorry . . . I bet it hurt too. Hmm well I have dropped my ipod a few times and I get embaressed super easy, so that was embarassing for me. But nothing like that I would have been mortified. You do know its not your fault, but I know what you mean.

rainbow- thats too funny, saggy panties are NOT a good look lol! I hope you found some new ones that make yuo feel sexy and great

jmko- blame hormones or something, you know its not fat

sun- sick men are terrible. really, awful. I do not envy you right now!
  • gnat, All you can do is learn to laugh at yourself and trust that it really would have happened to anyone. I haven't been embarrassed at the gym, but somewhat recently I broke a chair at a friend's place while we were playing poker. I was sitting there, moved just the tiniest bit, then BOOM on the floor. LoL Still get teased about it now! It was pretty funny and I would laugh if it happened to anyone else, so whatevs. (and like the ball at your gym, this rickety chair has been around for a while and I happened to be the lucky one to make it collapse)

sun, those walks sound so nice! I'm starting to really look forward to spring here. It's still around -5C today and it was super cold yesterday, but the next 3 days it's expecting to be around 5C and rainy. Spring's a comin!

tina, Those sound like some good goals!

Kay, I think organization is one of my favourite things to do. Just yesterday my DH and I built a shoe closet! I ran out of room for my 36+ pairs of shoes, so we got a shelving system installed into a nook in our room that previously was shelving to a giant old tv, and now all my pretty shoes are on display with room for 19 more pairs! That is what excitement is made of.

rainbow, good dinner's out are a wonderful thing. Satisfying and without guilt. And have fun with the undies! no more droopy wedgies!

jmko, I wouldn't be too concerned about what I weigh throughout the day. Think of it as a guideline. Every weight you see should be started with "Around...". Anything can throw it off. Hope you survived the carnivore kitty.

ishi, crackers and cheese. mmm. I have those in my lunch bag today.

Laneyy, hope the mouth is feeling okay! I got my wisdom teeth out when I was 15 and it was horrible. My DH is actually getting his out on March 19th!

The popcorn turned out well! Need to experiment with different seasonings, but it worked! So I figure I'll get through my 50 bags and at that point I may justify the purchase of an actual air popper.
    As for my weight, I still haven't checked. I just have a feeling that the strength training that I have been doing will throw my weight all out of whack due to not losing muscle mass through weightloss and instead retaining more water in my muscles as they repair. So I made up a little measurement chart and I'm going to update that every week or two. If my measurements are going down, that's all that matters! We're starting a biggest loser in my office as of next week so I guess I'll have no choice but to find out my progress weekly.
    Happy Thursday all!
  • Prepping: I know what you mean about retaining more water from strength training. I've been consuming 1/2 a gallon on water for the past 2 days now and the scale has gone up I'm just going to focus on measurements until I feel comfortable getting on the scale again.

Rainbow: Hooray for new undies! And choosing something healthy when eating out! Being active is important - so even tho you didn't consider it a "proper" work out, you were still doing something, rather than nothing. *thumbsup!*

Laneyy: I had my wisdom teeth out when I was 17 - all 4 came out and they were impacted. It took a couple weeks for me to get past the pain, although the meds did help. Just enjoy the soft foods (baby food, jello, frozen yogurt, etc) until you start feeling more relief. Putting an icepack on your jaw could help too

----

I woke up at a decent time today. I work the evening shift, so I'm without a car until later this afternoon (my mom borrowed it). I want to hit the gym today before work but I'm not sure if I'll be able too. I might do one of the Jillian video's that I downloaded, but I'm always nervous about doing it when my brother and his girlfriend are home. Guess I'm just self conscience about having people interrupting me or making comments about doing work out videos. The scale has gone up about 3lbs within the last 2 days so I'm discouraged about that. I think I'm just going to focus on measurements for the time being and sticking with eating better and going to the gym without making excuses.
  • well I had a nice long personals response yesterday but I lost it and couldn't bring myself to redo it.

Gnat- how crappy! I am so sorry that happened but the instructor is right that it very likely had nothing to do with your size but rather the fact that the ball was obviously not as quality as it once was. I remember reading about that happening to a really fit lady once who totally sued the ball people over it because she was injured. The ball was still newer and had not been over stressed during it's short lifetime. So don't feel bad! It happens!!

Rainbow- good job on the food choices!

Prepping- Can you come visit me? I used to love to organize but organization stuff is expensive! When my husband was out of work for a total of more than 2 years over a 3 year period I just stopped buying organization stuff. Now that he is working again we still live on the strict budget in order to pay off some bills and replenish our savings. We have made a lot of progress but I cannot wait to get back to having a gym membership, being able to buy stuff I semi-need and have some savings!!!