Closed Thread

Old 11-03-2008, 09:31 AM   #91  

S/C/G: 150/ticker/125

Height: 5'2"

Wow the strangest thing just happened -- I went to smoke my first cigarette of the day and it made me feel terribly nauseous. I'm reading a quitting smoking book -- perhaps it's helped??

I also stepped on the scale for the first time in a few weeks and I'm down to 128!! Woohoo!! 3 more lbs till goal...whoa.

Today I promise myself that I will be productive. Happy Monday!!

S
Old 11-03-2008, 09:42 AM   #92  
Make it to the moon...

S/C/G: 5/8/19: 319/254.0/150.0

Height: 5'5"

shrinkinglizzy~ I used Chantix to quit smoking, after 8 years of smoking I quit in 2 weeks... I can't stand the taste or smell of cigarettes now... Great job with the bar control, I always luck out and volunteer to be DD with the agreement that everyone has to buy me as much diet soda as I want (I usually only have a couple and then switch over to H2O), plus they serve amazing Grilled Chicken Salad with salsa as the dressing, so I often use that as part of my DDing deal. My bf is a bit of an alcoholic, and I've really quit drinking because I love him so much and want him to see that you don't have to get drunk to have fun...

Faerie~ Welcome back and congrats on the marriage!!! I want to see pics!!!

So I'm still sick. I don't have a fever, but have been struggling with a chest rattling cough. When I'm not coughing, I'm wheezing, so I made a DRs. appt. for this afternoon. This weekend was long, and bad. I ate some bad stuff, but really only ate a little bit, and then nothing else. I had breakfast yesterday, and then had mozzarella sticks for lunch followed by some more evil stuff. Surprisingly I didn't use all my points though.

I could really go for a nap right now... At least I actually get to go home after school rather then to job #2.

Happy Monday EVERYONE!!!
Old 11-03-2008, 11:43 AM   #93  

S/C/G: 179.8/166/150

Height: 5'7"

I forget sometimes that not everyone is from the midwest. Runza is a chain restaurant in Nebraska, Kansas, Iowa, and Colorado. A runza is a sandwich type thing that is homemade bread on the outside, then the inside has a filling in it. Usually ground beef and such. There are severy different kinds. I ususally get the swiss mushroom Runza. Something you really have to try if you are ever back this way! They are delicious!
Old 11-03-2008, 04:36 PM   #94  
Slowly but surely

S/C/G: 210/210/160

Height: 5' 8"

Faerie - Welcome back and congrats on the marriage!

alliez - Sorry to hear about the rough couple of days, it sounds like you had a busy weekend!

lizzie - Congrats on your successes! Alcohol can be a hard one to fight. Keep sharing your successes and we'll celebrate them with you.

mandos - Good for getting the exercise train going! I need to do that myself.

Sorry to hear you're sick, Kim, I hope you get better soon.

As for me, I stayed away from the Halloween candy, which I felt good about. I had my weigh in this morning and I'm back in Onederland!
Old 11-03-2008, 09:43 PM   #95  
keep on truckin'

S/C/G: 253/249/190

Height: 6'1

shrinkinglizzy: my mom also used chantix to quit smoking. She was a pretty heavy smoker for about 30 years...then she got a prescription for chantix and was able to quit completely in about 3 weeks. I would recommend talking to your doctor about it if you honestly want to quit smoking. I think it is great that you are thinking about it. And awesome job on getting so close to your goal!

Kim: Awww...sorry you're sick. I hate being sick, I can't even function. I use to get Bronchitis almost every year, and thankfully I didn't get it last year because I was taking a multi-vitamin every day and eating healthier due to WW, so hopefully I won't get it this year either. Coughing is the worst! I can stand any other symptoms besides that.

Kestrel: Great job on avoiding the candy...it's definitely worth it to see onederland right??

~~ well as for me, I BINGED like no other on Halloween which I consciously chose to do. I did not plan on binging the day after, which I also did. I decided to fast on Sunday, and it was an amazing learning experience which I will probably write a thread about since it was so eye-opening.
Old 11-04-2008, 03:05 AM   #96  
Made of Starstuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrinkinglizzy View Post
I also stepped on the scale for the first time in a few weeks and I'm down to 128!! Woohoo!! 3 more lbs till goal...whoa.
Whoa, indeed, chica! That's awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimL1214 View Post
So I'm still sick. I don't have a fever, but have been struggling with a chest rattling cough. When I'm not coughing, I'm wheezing, so I made a DRs. appt. for this afternoon.
Hope the appointment goes well! I have some residual cough from a bad cold last week. Seems to be going around...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kestrel View Post
Faerie - Welcome back and congrats on the marriage!
Thanks!

Quote:
As for me, I stayed away from the Halloween candy, which I felt good about. I had my weigh in this morning and I'm back in Onederland!
Yahooo!!!! That's awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdaybaby View Post

~~ well as for me, I BINGED like no other on Halloween which I consciously chose to do. I did not plan on binging the day after, which I also did. I decided to fast on Sunday, and it was an amazing learning experience which I will probably write a thread about since it was so eye-opening.
I've done similar things. Had a planned "no counting" day, and then had an unplanned day after. It happens. I'm glad you got back on the horse.
Old 11-05-2008, 09:28 AM   #97  
Laurie

Height: 5'8"

Thank you for all the welcomes ladies.

Tonight is my first WI and to tell the truth I'm a little aprehensive about it. I'm really not expecting to see a big loss. I tried to eat within my points limit but I still haven't figured out how to balance them throughout the day. It seems I try to not eat as many is the morning and save them up for the afternoon/evening and then I have some left over. Then I decide I should eat some in the morning and then I go over in the evening. I know it will take a little time to get the hang of this and establish some sort of routine. I can say I ate healthier this week so that is something in itself. I think I'll check out the menu thread for some ideas and see how others divide their points throughout the day. And maybe I'll get some ideas as to what I can eat. I still am struggling with the whole point value of foods too but I'm sure that will get easier as it goes along too.

Sorry for the long post. Talk to you all soon. Have a wonderful Wednesday!!
Old 11-05-2008, 10:54 AM   #98  

Kim -- Good for you for quitting!! I'm trying to stay away from medication aids, but luckily got sick so that's helping lately. Hope you're feeling better!

Alliez -- yum a runza does sound good!! And dangerous!!

Kestrel -- Way to resist the halloween candy!! Woo hoo!!

Vday -- Well, I responded to you in the other thread. I gotta go see what anyone else has to say!

Faerie -- so glad you're back!

Laurie -- It does take time, and planning helps, too. Keep it up!

Well, I'm sick again, which is really incredible. I feel like maybe the last cold didn't actually go away. Whatever. I'm sure the smoking doesn't help, either. Ugh.
I don't feel like being sick at all!!
Gah.
S
Old 11-05-2008, 01:28 PM   #99  
Slowly but surely

Laurie - Good luck at your weigh in today! It took me a while to find the right balance for using my points too, where I didn't end up starving. I think it just took a while for my body to adjust.

lizzy - Sorry to hear you're sick again, I hope you start feeling better soon.

I splurged some of my weekly points on some celebratory wine last night, and ended up staying up too late. But my kids were up at their usual early hour, so now I'm dragging and having a hard time resisting the soda. I need to get up and get moving around to wake up more.
Old 11-05-2008, 01:37 PM   #100  

S/C/G: 192/176/160

Height: 5'9

Hi. I am new to 3FC and I wanted to jump in. I have been doing weight watchers for about 6 weeks or so and I have lost 16 pounds so far. I have been enjoying reading what everyone has had to say and would love to have some one to chat with who knows what I am going through.
Old 11-05-2008, 01:49 PM   #101  
Slowly but surely

Welcome J Diddy! 16 lbs, you're off to a great start! And I love your sig.
Old 11-05-2008, 08:42 PM   #102  
Make it to the moon...

S/C/G: 5/8/19: 319/254.0/150.0

J Diddy~ Welcome!!!

shrinkinglizzy~ Yay for being sick! I still feel like crud but am getting better, hope you feel better soon!

Took yesterday and today off from work to try and improve a bit, still have a low grade fever, but my cough is getting better. I'm on an inhaler and antibiotics... I haven't been very hungry because of being sick, and am planning on using this to propel me into more control over what I eat, if that makes any sense.

Half way to my 1st 10%!!!

Last edited by KimL1214; 11-05-2008 at 08:43 PM.
Old 11-06-2008, 03:19 PM   #103  
Laurie

Height: 5'8"

Good Afternoon Ladies. Well, I've been doing WW for a solid week and even though I've had my little missteps I still lost 2.4#. I know it's not much but it's better than what I've been doing!! I'm still trying to find my way with balancing the points throughout the day but I'm positive that it will get easier.

I have a questions (and I'm sorry if it's a silly one) but I got the restaurant guide last night. I was looking at the Subway selections and it lists the meat separately, the bread separately, condiments separately. So if I get a sandwich from them I need to add all the points up from each item I chose to put on it - right? I'm still terrified of eating out but thought with the guide I may not be so scared of it. Maybe the first place I'll go is Applebee's since they have the WW dinners and then it'll be a no brainer!!

Hugs to all that are not feeling well.

A big welcome to everyone else that's new here (like me).

I'll check back in later. Have a good evening.
Old 11-07-2008, 10:46 AM   #104  

Laurie -- I wish I could help you out with that restaurant guide, but I dont have one! It makes sense the way you're describing it. At Subway, I used to go to their website, figure out the cal/fiber/fat for a sandwich, and then figure out the points from that. Hope that helps!

Kim -- what are you sick with?? it sounds terrible!! i just have a cold, and I think I"m on the upswing now. And yes, I know what you mean about using your low appetite as momentum for further weight loss. Good luck!!

JDiddy -- Wow 16# that's great!! Keep it up!!

Kestrel -- thanks for the get well wishes. Hope you make it through the day. Maybe I missed something, but what were you celebrating?

Well, I'm off to my volunteer gig and then work. As for food, let's see...I will bring soup with me to volunteer, and then I'll pick up a Luna bar and some fruit for work. That should work. Hopefully.

S
Old 11-07-2008, 11:10 PM   #105  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Just wanted to jump on and say hi been doing the at home version for 11 weeks and the going is slow for me but I am ok with that.

At subway the veggie sandwich with just mustard and no cheese is 4pts for the 6" and if you want meat the best bet is either the Roast beef, turkey breast or turkey breast and ham all are 5pts..not bad if you ask me

well my wi is sunday morning so wish me luck lol
Closed Thread