Closed Thread

Old 04-01-2008, 01:07 PM   #121  

S/C/G: 337/ticker/320

Height: 5'7

Faerie Welcome back , yeah the first day back is the pits, and seems to drag on and on... Sounds like you had a great weekend. Kudos for staying on track for the month, Good Job

Well need to get to bed- rather go outside it's so nice out today

Old 04-01-2008, 04:05 PM   #122  

Height: 5'7"

keli - Yep, hopefully with distance things will improve. Unfortunately there's no "just across the building" for us, it's gonna be me here in VA and her in Wisconsin before this mess is cleared up!

vday - Man, that sounds like a tough situation! I'm so absolutely impressed that you said no to all that food pushing. He sounds like he is very inconsiderate and generally just an ***. I mean, who would push something like that, especially after you told him no repeatedly AND gave him a reason? Gah! That must have been very stressful, glad to hear you came out on the other side of it in one piece.

sonja - good job on the -1lb!

Faerie - you're back! Sounds like you had a good weekend. I'm insanely jealous and everything

The problems with my friend just kept coming yesterday and are continuing on today. I'm very irritated with it all. The conversation we had last night can be summed up as such: "Jaime, your work for your orals isn't as important as my work for my thesis. You should be able to spend time with me because I can spend time with you, and I have the harder task. You just get to read, and that's easy. Oh and your examiner wouldn't fail you even if you didn't show up, whereas my thesis advisor would probably kill me. So I have the harder lot in life, you need to buck up, do what I want, and not study, okay?" Umm.... yeah. Okay. No mention of the fact that I'm working full-time at a reading/writing-intensive job, she doesn't have a job. I'm earning money to support myself and my husband while he finishes his PhD, her parents still support her 100%. Or how about the fact that she chose what her final exercise was going to be, she could have taken an oral instead too. These things don't complicate matters at all, do they? Today she's trying to tell me that I'm blowing her off because I want to read tonight instead of watching a movie with her. Being dramatic saying she's never going to see me again.

Sound a little ridiculous? It is. It's very ridiculous. It's like high school drama. I'm generally a very easy-going, non confrontational person. And to have to deal with crap like this is just kind of beyond me.

GAH.

Enjoy the rest of your Tuesdays, everyone!
Old 04-01-2008, 04:07 PM   #123  
Made of Starstuff

Suite - Ew. Sorry, but ew. Your friend is being ew. I don't think I can put it any other way! Do you have caller ID? Because I'd totally be "too busy" to pick up the phone if her number showed up on it until my oral exams were over with .

Last edited by Lovely; 04-01-2008 at 04:08 PM.
Old 04-01-2008, 09:53 PM   #124  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

WTG Vday!! So proud of you! If I'm ever in a "force-food" situation, I'll think of your strength.

Suite, so sorry about your trials, take care of yourself and DH first. I know you know that, but sometimes it helps hearing from someone else.

I'm thrilled to have my travel weight off, finally below what I was before I left!

Faerie, glad you had a good weekend. I know that feeling, sometimes it doesn't have to be a long weekend, just a good one. I was in such a funk Mon. bleh oh well, Weds. tomorrow already, so the week's almost half over!!

Closed Thread