Closed Thread

Old 03-15-2008, 08:59 AM   #1  

Height: 5'7"

Default Flex Talk #4

Here's a place where we can discuss Flex and WW, as well as issues of our everyday lives. New Flexers are always welcome, so please join in, to give and get support and encouragement on your weight loss journey.

Flexers that attend meetings, At-Home Flexers, and anyone just curious about Flex are all welcome here.

I know Jane likes to have a new thread when the old one gets between 100-125 posts... In deference to those with dial-up. The old one was certainly over that limit, so here's our new home...
Old 03-15-2008, 09:00 AM   #2  

Some business from the old thread...

InStitches - Well that makes sense, then! I totally believe 60 minutes of TJ can be all high intensity, especially if you're accounting for warm up/cool down time already. Well, WOW! I've never done that particular TJ, I just do the ones that don't require equipment. Glad to hear your WL is going again, this really is just a trial-and-error kind of process, isn't it?

Faerie - Yay! Glad to hear your first day went okay! I'm anxiously awaiting your next WI....

texastar - Like faerie said, one piece of cake does not a diet break As long as you enjoyed it and weren't eating for the sake of eating, I think it's fine to have a treat every now and again. Don't feel guilty, sounds like you did AWESOMe otherwise.

bethz - WTG on your loss so far! Please join us!

As for me, I'm off to my meeting in a minute or two... I'm very curious as to what it will say. Let's just say I deserve a gain, but of course am hoping for a loss See you all on the flip side!
Old 03-15-2008, 11:00 AM   #3  
GmaTo8

Jaime - thanks for starting the new thread again. Good luck at weigh in.

Now that my DH's back surgery is over, I'm in control once again, and taking care of myself. I have to say it feels so good to be back on the wagon.

I'll have a special challenge tomorrow at a wedding shower for my DD. There will be brownies and fruit salad. I do love brownies, but not as much as I'll love a nice weight loss next Saturday, though, so I'll stick with the fruit salad.

Here's hoping you each have a nice weekend! Any special plans?
Old 03-15-2008, 01:06 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 150/ticker/125

Height: 5'2"

Hey Suite I feel like I haven't seen you around in a while. Thanks for starting up a new thread!
Jane -- glad to have you back on the wagon!! Good luck with those brownies...

I just popped over to the WW boards on the WW site, and it was WEIRD! Felt funny to be posting on any other site!! Haha I think I'll stick to 3FC.
I'm trying to get my booty to the gym...I'm all dressed for it but then realized I should eat lunch first, and now I want to wait for lunch to get digested so I don't have to feel it all squishing around in my belly...
Luckily it's Sat so I have the time to waste.

S
Old 03-15-2008, 01:10 PM   #5  

Also, can anyone give me a quick rundown on Core? I'm doing WW using the website, and I'm having a ridiculous amount of trouble finding the description of how the Core plan works. As I understand it, you eat the foods off the Core list and you can eat as much of them as you want?
Any info would be appreciated -- I don't think I'm going to switch, but it would help to know what the options are!
S
Old 03-15-2008, 01:20 PM   #6  

Hey Sonja, this thread in the general WW area should help a bit --
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=55346

But you have the concept down, yes. The focus of Core is on eating until you're in your "comfort zone" -- satisfied but not stuffed. You're to eat however often as you need, eat whatever you want from the list in whatever quantities (except there's a one-a-day limit on servings of potato/rice I think), but you HAVE to stop when you feel satisfied. I don't trust myself to that extent, hence why I'm with flex

Yeah, I've been a little MIA from the forums the past week or so. I've had a couple big projects to wrap up at work (so less time for forums during the day) and I pretty much refuse to get on the computer in the evenings since I spend all day in front of one, I want to do anything BUT sit in front of the computer! But work has calmed down, and I'm gonna be around a bit more again

Jane - Oooh, have fun at the bridal shower! How much fun is that! You'll do fine around the food I'm sure, there will be SO much going on to keep your attention away from it! Have fun!! (And glad to see you again!)

Well as I reported in the WI thread, the end result of two weeks of hamburgers and chocolate is a 0.8 pound loss. Um, yeah, I'll be doing a little touchdown victory dance that I managed ANYTHING this past two weeks. I came home from the meeting, put my running shoes on, queued up some White Stripes on my iPod, and went jogging Which I haven't done in FOREVER, and let me tell you, it felt FANTASTIC. Get some sun, get out there and move, rock out to some music... it did wonders for my mood today already. I came home and had just about the most delicious thing for breakfast - a cup of blackberries, a half cup of low-fat plain yogurt, and a half cup of Fiber One. (=2.5 points!) OMG. So good! DH kept trying to sneak it away from me but I told him it was "diet food" (teasingly... I let him have a bit.... Wait, isn't the dieter supposed to be sneaking food off the non-dieter's plate?).

So yeah, I'm feeling more of myself again already. Eating right + exercise = HUGE mood/outlook improvement. Seriously.

It's looking to be a really beautiful day all around, might go out for a walk later... I'm thinking about busting out the charcoal and lighting up the grill for the first time this year. Maybe some chicken and veggie kebabs... mmm... I also have some gorgeous portobella caps in the fridge, those would be fantastic grilled. Oh, the possibilities brought on by a sunny day

Hope everyone is enjoying their Saturdays, where ever you may be!!
Old 03-15-2008, 04:40 PM   #7  
GmaTo8

SL - yep, this is a friendly place, and the members get to be like family. Like Jaime, I can't be trusted with Core, either. I can barely be trust w/Flex!

Jaime - a big woo hoo for the loss! My DD listens to the White Stripes, too, so I got to hear their music before she got married. I like the song Ball and Biscuit and also Seven Nation Army. Btw, I keep some of my food away from others, too, by telling them it's my "diet" food. The way I see it, they can eat anything, in any quantity, so leave my special stuff alone, lol.

A big hello to all others that read this.
Old 03-15-2008, 08:54 PM   #8  
On My Road To Good Health

S/C/G: 286/256/160

Height: 5'9"

Smile I love Flex

I really have fallen in line with flex in the past 6 weeks. It seems to work for me because I can eat the foods that I want, account for them, and move on. It is also easy because I now have ALOT of points, and love the weekly point allowance on top of it! I think it will become more difficult as I lose weight and have to make harder choices. I think I would have trouble on core because I wouldn't be able to determine between satisfied and stuffed... You'll have to let us know how core works for you...

I have a really hard time exercising after work and on weekends. I walk 20 minutes each day at lunchtime at work. Hopefully, with the spring I will be more motivated to walk outside. Right now, it just doesn't appeal to me... any secrets out there? I have dance dance revolution for wii, and play it sometimes with the grandkids and teens (and it is a workout), but haven't turned it into a routine yet...that may be a realistic answer if I can tear the teens away from it long enough in their free time.

Fairie: I am really impressed with your weight loss so far...any tips for the (relatively) beginner? Congratulations to you other "losers" out there also!Bethz
Old 03-15-2008, 11:19 PM   #9  
The Last 10lbs!

Hey! I don't have time to do replies to everyone at the moment I'm afraid, but I just wanted to let you know that I am back at home, had a safe flight, etc. Although, I have to say, I don't expect a loss on Tuesday. Last night we ate out because my flight was an hour late getting in and I was STARVING, and tonight my grandmother wanted to take me out to dinner (I did have a rather plain salad with a vinegrette (sp?) and grilled chicken... but also had quite a bit of bread...) and tomorrow night I am going out for birthday dinner with my dad to a really posh restaurant so I am definitely going to be going crazy on the flex points this weekend. All I can hope is that the servings at the fancy place tomorrow night are small! Haha! Anyway, I have decided not to count this weekend because it'll just be far too hard to figure out these meals but I am still trying to make healthier choices, no burgers and french fries or battered chicken strips or some big sandwich etc, which is what I'd usually go for. I will be at the "WW Half Way House" (thank you kelijpa ) starting on Monday morning so I imagine I will be eating on plan for the rest of the week so am going to enjoy myself and indulge a bit this weekend! I hope you guys are have a good weekend too! I will try and get back to post a proper response to everyone as soon as I can. Bye for now!
Old 03-16-2008, 12:30 AM   #10  
Made of Starstuff

Woo-hoo! New thread! (Thanks Suite )

So let's see...

Suite - Congrats on that .8 loss!!!! I know you had it rough, so this is just fantastic news. And the exercising... awesome I love it when you're in a good mood. Just radiates happiness everywhere!

Jane - Glad to see you back. I'm happy to hear your husband's surgery is complete, and that you're back on track!

Bethz - Thank you! I love Flex, too I think some of the best "tips" I have are all about the mentality. Mostly that this is forever (lifestyle change, not a diet!), and that when we stumble we MUST get back up and keep on going. Those two thoughts have kept me going for almost a year so far. The maintainers actually have a wealth of knowledge & postive attitudes that I like to steal.

Freedom - Glad to see you back safe & sound!

---

Day 2 of the Wendie Plan. Wasn't as difficult to get in 47 points today as I thought Only because I ended up at the Olive Garden with my mom & sister after dress shopping. I did well for the Olive Garden. (I forgot I could ask for whole wheat pasta though! Shoot.) Had salad (I avoided the croutons like I was allergic), minestrone soup & only one breadstick. Then I had some steak "medallions" over fettucini, but without the alfredo sauce that it normally comes with. Then I just had water to drink. Still... I ate the whole thing (That was like 26 points! )

Dress shopping was nice. My mom & sis were more excited than I was. But I tried a few on, and found three that fit nicely and looked good on me. I think I should go to one more place to see if they have anything.

Anyway, so today went well points-wise

Tomorrow I am a little concerned. It's a friend's surprise party, and my one friend is a good cook, but doesn't exactly watch what he puts into things. I might have a little, but I don't want to get stuffed or anything. There will be vegetables there. I believe I'll make a little plan for myself tomorrow after breakfast when I'm more clear-headed... (today tomorrow... all the same after midnight). Anyway, I'll be sure to think of how I'll have to write about what I chose at the party here to all of you. That might just give me a jolt when I need one.

Hope everyone has some wonderful sleep!
Old 03-16-2008, 12:46 AM   #11  
keep on truckin'

S/C/G: 253/249/190

Height: 6'1

so I'm sure this has been asked before...but is it bad if I eat like 10 flex points in one day? I never use my flex points, but when I do I usually eat around 10-15 in one day...just wondering
Old 03-16-2008, 12:52 AM   #12  
Made of Starstuff

vdaybaby - Nope. That's not bad at all. You might see a slight gain the next morning from the weight/volume of the food, but it's perfectly "legal" to eat your FP however you choose.
Old 03-16-2008, 06:45 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 337/ticker/320

Height: 5'7

Hope everyone has a Great Week, Happy St. Patrick's Day. Will try to get on-line during the week. Take Care
Old 03-16-2008, 08:56 AM   #14  

Morning all. Thanks for the Core info, but I think I'll be sticking with Flex a little while longer. More comfy.
I am determined to pull myself OP today.
S
Old 03-16-2008, 10:42 AM   #15  
On My Road To Good Health

S/C/G: 286/256/160

Height: 5'9"

Smile Planning ahead!

B: toast with sugar free blueberry preserves (6)
L: 2 stuffed cabbage (12)
D: steak, potato, salad, green beans (12)
S: will be deducted from weekly flex points

Stuffed cabbage was alternative to corned beef and cabbage, so a better choice for me!

Dinner will be a buffet basketball banquet...so planning ahead: NO BREAD, BUTTER, or CAKE planned!!! Determined to stick with this!!

Have a great day, everyone! Planning ahead is my secret of the day! Bethz
Closed Thread