Old 05-02-2010, 09:53 PM   #16  

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onion Girl View Post
Not so good of a week........Ate steak, potato and bread on Sat. and Sun. Tues I had to make a birthday cake and had a couple of big spoonfuls of batter, Wed. had some things for lunch that were so off plan (choc torte and mini-muffins) Thurs. had two peices of bacon and 2 small pancakes with eggs for lunch. Needless to say I didn't lose any at my WI on Friday. Good news is I didin't gain. But I feel like such a gooberhead. I'm not a cheater,....the food wasn't even worth it. My energy level even went down. I'm a little depressed.......I'm praying I can get back on track and lose a couple lbs. this week. I've given up creamies and beef, added a fourth HNS for this week. I'll go WI either Wed. or Thurs. ARRRRRRRGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!Why did I eat all that junk? One thing just led to another.....I will not make this mistake again.
Onion Girl...I feel for you...there are weeks I just eat and eat and eat for no apparent reason and at the end the food surely wasn't worth it...I posted elsewhere that I have been watching the Ruby show and her journey has given me a new appreciation about what food means to me and how I use it to deal with life in a very negative manner...The MRC program is a great eating plan...but I know for me my weight issue is much more than eating fattening or too much food...it's about WHY I eat the foods I do and what are my triggers that make me eat through my feelings...anger, stress, sadness etc...I am now just realizing that I can lose the weight on MRC but I need to address the issues to why I started using food to the point that it has affected my weight which was normal for so long, I am now addressing this and when I look at food I ask myself am I hungry and eating to fuel my body or am I looking to "feed" something else and this is truly an eye opener for me...I feel as if I have lifted a huge veil over myself...I will continue on the MRC journey but focus more on my emotions/connection/addition to food. Just brush yourself off and continue on your journey! Best wishes - Genell
GWE140 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 12:03 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 269.5/see ticker/175

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ang2877 View Post
Best wishes to you on your May goals! (the fish works great !) I just use tilapia. I am cheap so I buy it frozen. I take it from the freezer and put in a baking dish and put my favorite spices on it. I typically eat it with a salad or asparagus. I also made it for dinner guests and they enjoyed it.
Keep that water around ya where ever ya go! Your doing great!
Thank you so much Ang2877, I have been in a RUT with turkey and chicken! I am going to the grocery store tomorrow and buy some Tilapia....I am going to try to cook in on my George Forman, I'll let ya know how it turns out!
skinnysissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 12:37 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 196/180/140

Height: 5'1

Quote:
Originally Posted by melNco View Post
yesterday at WI, I lost 4.5..woohoooo
nice!!!
karla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 12:45 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 196/180/140

Height: 5'1

So I have had a rough week emotionally & I am/was an emotional eater...so it has been really hard to stay OP. I did complete my 1st 5k yesterday!!! Yay...I walked most of it, but I did it none the less. I got good news on Friday and was told that my "case" was reviewed by the board of directors & I now have a new neurosurgeon who wants to start radiation asap. I don't know if I should mention this or not at the center. I think I may not say anything b/c this will cause be to be "removed from program" from MRC until for at least 1yr from recovery time. Any thoughts? What an interesting week ladies. I hope everyone has a good week!
karla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 12:50 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 330/293/130

Height: 5'4

Default Just starting out...

Hey all

I officially started as a new member of MRC on 04/28/2010. I weighed in at 325.5 and need to lose somewhere around 160 lbs to be healthy again. Let me just say, I weighed myself today and I am already down to 313.3!!! That's crazy! I hope it's not just my scale being off because I just bought it! A friend of mine told me about the program in September, and it's taken me this long to bite the bullet and join. I was giving myself one excuse after another for why I needed to wait to do it but I realized that the longer I wait to make the change, the worse my situation will get. It is an expensive program though, which worries me. I'm in college and on a very tight budget. I'm so stoked to already be seeing results!
classykay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 12:53 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 269.5/see ticker/175

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by karla View Post
So I have had a rough week emotionally & I am/was an emotional eater...so it has been really hard to stay OP. I did complete my 1st 5k yesterday!!! Yay...I walked most of it, but I did it none the less. I got good news on Friday and was told that my "case" was reviewed by the board of directors & I now have a new neurosurgeon who wants to start radiation asap. I don't know if I should mention this or not at the center. I think I may not say anything b/c this will cause be to be "removed from program" from MRC until for at least 1yr from recovery time. Any thoughts? What an interesting week ladies. I hope everyone has a good week!
Congrats on completing your 5K!! I took a couple weeks off b/c of being sick (and tired from starting working night shift) BUT I am starting back Monday evening. I'm glad you got good news, and I would mention being on MRC plan to your neurosurgeon. If he/she says it is ok to continue on with the diet then I wouldn't mention it to the center....but thats just my opinion!! Good luck girl, and keep up the hard work!
skinnysissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 01:47 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 214/209/155

Height: 5'3"

OK - Turkey breast. Everything I have found is either ground turkey breast, or marinated in something that has sky high sodium content. Can you buy turkey breasts like you can buy chicken breasts? Am I missing something? Help!
JessicaM121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 01:56 AM   #23  

S/C/G: 330/293/130

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessicaM121 View Post
OK - Turkey breast. Everything I have found is either ground turkey breast, or marinated in something that has sky high sodium content. Can you buy turkey breasts like you can buy chicken breasts? Am I missing something? Help!
I thought ground turkey breast was okay as long as it was the breast?
classykay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 02:15 AM   #24  

S/C/G: 214/209/155

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by classykay View Post
I thought ground turkey breast was okay as long as it was the breast?
Oh it is. Sorry, I was just curious if you can buy it just whole. Just to have more options
JessicaM121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 06:15 AM   #25  

Quote:
Originally Posted by karla View Post
CONGRATS on your first 5K, finishing is the goal and you did it! I'll pray for you as you go through your health issues.
Old 05-03-2010, 06:18 AM   #26  

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessicaM121 View Post
Oh it is. Sorry, I was just curious if you can buy it just whole. Just to have more options
Normally you can find half a turkey breast where the stores keep the whole turkeys...this is where I buy it...fresh...
and I just started using this health tracker website and wanted to share it
http://www.prevention.com/cda/health...althtracker.do

Last edited by GWE140; 05-03-2010 at 06:38 AM.
Old 05-03-2010, 08:40 AM   #27  

S/C/G: 320/ticker/197

Height: 5'2"

Happy May everyone!!! I had a totally off plan week last week. I'm not sure if it was hitting the 50lb lost mark that made me cheat but it seemed like I couldn't stop. It was mostly carbs. I had pizza yesterday... and I felt like crap all day.. Just blah all day.

I said yesterday was my last off plan day and I'm going to re-commit to MRC. I have gotten off plan with little cheats here and there. I used to order grilled chicken and veggies when I went out. I've gotten away from that. Time to buckle down..
MEEZOOGIRL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 10:36 AM   #28  

S/C/G: 310/262/180 ish

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEEZOOGIRL View Post
Happy May everyone!!! I had a totally off plan week last week. I'm not sure if it was hitting the 50lb lost mark that made me cheat but it seemed like I couldn't stop. It was mostly carbs. I had pizza yesterday... and I felt like crap all day.. Just blah all day.

I said yesterday was my last off plan day and I'm going to re-commit to MRC. I have gotten off plan with little cheats here and there. I used to order grilled chicken and veggies when I went out. I've gotten away from that. Time to buckle down..
Is there something about hitting those boards that makes us stray? I mean after a 9 pound loss this last week I would think I wouldnt want to touch anything off program. HMM Little cheats got me this last weekend as well, and I know they add up! OKay... that being said I want another productive week on the scale, so I to want to stop my little cheats this week/month. I want to stop being a self saboteur! Meezoogirl I wish you a great OP week. You can do this.

Karla Great news from your new neurosurgeon! Maybe talk to your Doctor about being on MRC and see what they say? I would hate for any of the supplements to interfere with your treatment. I would think that even if you cant do the MRC, I would think that you could still eat OP even though you couldnt have the supplements. Take care and best wishes on your health issues.
Ang2877 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 10:46 AM   #29  

S/C/G: 278/274/170

Height: 5' 6.5"

Quick intro. My name is Becky and I am 39 years old. I started MRC 4/23/10. I have lost 9lbs and go for my next wi today where I believe I will have lost another 3 lbs. I have a lifetime of dieting history, but will not go into it now.

I just started the HNS this morning. GROSS. I told them I was concerned about the drinks as I have never been able to do them well. I had a powdered wild berry or something. Anyone else have trouble with the drinks? What did u do?
anotherchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 11:11 AM   #30  

S/C/G: 320/ticker/197

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by anotherchick View Post
Quick intro. My name is Becky and I am 39 years old. I started MRC 4/23/10. I have lost 9lbs and go for my next wi today where I believe I will have lost another 3 lbs. I have a lifetime of dieting history, but will not go into it now.

I just started the HNS this morning. GROSS. I told them I was concerned about the drinks as I have never been able to do them well. I had a powdered wild berry or something. Anyone else have trouble with the drinks? What did u do?
Welcome Becky.. I personally don't like the powder drinks.. They just don't taste good to me. I use the concentrates much better. I'm a creature of habit. I like orange, punch, grape.. That's about it. I mix them with only about 6 oz of water. I've even had them straight out of th pouch, but not often. I've also mixed them with a Diet Rite Orange for something different.
MEEZOOGIRL is offline   Reply With Quote