Closed Thread

Old 11-25-2008, 11:16 PM   #61  
Em

S/C/G: 170

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSTUCKLY View Post
Can any one tell me what they think of the fat and crab blocker??
I've never tried them, but I do know the "carb" blockers are starch blockers, so they won't work on sugars.
Old 11-25-2008, 11:43 PM   #62  
Denise

S/C/G: 354/ticker/183

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeepinOnandOn View Post
I know there is another one in Millard which is also a suberb of Omaha. They're only about 10 miles apart. I have a friend that lives in Pennsylvania that is doing hers over the phone from our Bellevue office. She comes here to visit her daughter occasionally and signed up the last time she was here. So I don't think it matters where you live. The ladies at our Bellevue center are wonderful & very supportive. It would be worth a try to give them a call!
Thanks! I'll let her know.
Old 11-26-2008, 12:59 AM   #63  

S/C/G: 260/260/160

Height: 5'7"

Hi, Ya'll.
I'm new here. This is my 2nd time with MRC. I did the program about 10 years ago when I thought I was fat. Key word - thought. I'd die to be that size now! I have a very long road ahead of me, but I am so pumped up! You all are so motivating. I have been preconditioning this week, but will start the program Friday. Woo-hoo!

Happy Turkey Day!
Old 11-26-2008, 01:03 AM   #64  

S/C/G: 217/ticker/170

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gma to 4 View Post
Great posts on why it is so important to stay OP. I can see how easy it is to fall back into old habits now that I'm in maintenance, plus remember the struggles I had with the cheats during my journey to get this far. A trick that is working for me is to keep my final inches lost ribbon hanging on the side of the refrigerator so I see it each time open the door and from my kitchen table as I'm eating. It is a visible reminder of how far I've come.

Judy
Gma to 4
What a great idea about placing that final inches ribbon near the fridge! The two I have are tied to my television stand because I didn't want to throw them away, but I wasn't quite sure what to do with them. They are getting a new home tomorrow!

Judy, I have to tell you that remembering some of your end struggles have really helped me lately. I LOVE a certain beverage from a certain coffee stand--I think you know the beverage and the coffee stand--and I have really had some serious cravings for it lately, especially when driving by, BUT I haven't once stopped because I think of you and smile and it helps me keep driving. Wish I could learn to like plain black coffee.

I have wondered, though, whether you could make an MRC friendly chai tea latte using unflavored whey protein, hot water and the chai tea bags that I think they sell at World Market. Any ideas?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Want2LiveLife View Post
Think about how far you've come!! It took a lot of hard work. Think of your body as an artist's canvas. Almost finished painted. Then you come along and start cutting into the canvas with scissors and taking away from the piece. You're ruining the beauty!! Don't do that! You can get back OP and get in control! You DO NOT want to be a fat girl!!! And trust that even if the scale isn't reflecting a change in your eating habits, it will creep up on you and be very hard to get back to where you want to be. You can do it!!! Be strong sisters!!!
This is the kind of paragraph that you want to make a colored sign out of and hang it in the kitchen and maybe on the driver's side viser. Nicely put, and thanks for the swift kick in the tush. Over the summer I got a lot of inspiration from reading the health page on cnn.com. They have several short articles about success stories that always got my morning off to a great start.
Old 11-26-2008, 01:04 AM   #65  

S/C/G: 217/ticker/170

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinnyb View Post
Hi, Ya'll.
I'm new here. This is my 2nd time with MRC. I did the program about 10 years ago when I thought I was fat. Key word - thought. I'd die to be that size now! I have a very long road ahead of me, but I am so pumped up! You all are so motivating. I have been preconditioning this week, but will start the program Friday. Woo-hoo!

Happy Turkey Day!
Welcome to the board!
Old 11-26-2008, 08:43 AM   #66  
Cari

S/C/G: 304 / ticker / 180

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by namaste View Post
Hey Nebraska friends.... are any of you on the phone in program.... have a friend whose MIL lives Waneta, NE and is wants to join but isn't sure if there is a center close. I think the only one in NE is in Bellevue right?
The west Omaha center where I go is great too. I love the staff. Everyone is really supportive and have taken time with me when i needed some extra TLC. I look forward to going in to see them twice a week.
Old 11-26-2008, 09:54 AM   #67  
Em

S/C/G: 170

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuck in grad school View Post
I have wondered, though, whether you could make an MRC friendly chai tea latte using unflavored whey protein, hot water and the chai tea bags that I think they sell at World Market. Any ideas?
I have done that very thing, and it isn't bad! I use the chai tea bags a lot, the decaf of course . My favorite brand is "Good Earth", but others are good too. I usually just drink it with a little splenda & maybe some caramel sugar-free syrup or splenda in it. But I have tried the whey protein & it worked pretty well.

Last edited by Meemo; 11-26-2008 at 09:57 AM.
Old 11-26-2008, 10:27 AM   #68  

Height: 5'5

The other one in Omaha is actually at 120th and Blondo. I just talked with the manager there on Monday and I am going to be starting a phone-in/email program. I love most of the staff there so I would give it a thumbs up!
Old 11-26-2008, 01:50 PM   #69  
MRC started March 8, 2008

S/C/G: 258/189/150

Height: 5'7"

Happy Thanksgiving Everybody!!
Old 11-26-2008, 09:41 PM   #70  
Judy

S/C/G: 174/ticker/130

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuck in grad school View Post
What a great idea about placing that final inches ribbon near the fridge! The two I have are tied to my television stand because I didn't want to throw them away, but I wasn't quite sure what to do with them. They are getting a new home tomorrow!

Judy, I have to tell you that remembering some of your end struggles have really helped me lately. I LOVE a certain beverage from a certain coffee stand--I think you know the beverage and the coffee stand--and I have really had some serious cravings for it lately, especially when driving by, BUT I haven't once stopped because I think of you and smile and it helps me keep driving. Wish I could learn to like plain black coffee.

SIGS: I tried several of the chai tea bag varieties, but never found one that did the trick. Maybe the whey protein would help. I did grab the sugar free Oregon Chai (0 calories but does have caffeine) and am mixing that with my skim milk I can have on maintenance both in the morning and at night. It is doing the trick for me, and I actually like it better than the one at the you know where coffee shop. Let me know if the whey protein works for you.

Hey, look at how close you are to your goal. You go, girl!

Judy
Gma to 4
Old 11-26-2008, 11:40 PM   #71  

S/C/G: 217/217/175

Happy Thanksgiving to all my MRC Friends! You guys are something I'm very thankful for this Thanksgiving!

Tina
Old 11-27-2008, 08:33 AM   #72  
dla
Denise

S/C/G: 321/ticker/175

Height: 5'-10"

Happy Thanksgiving to all of you! I hope that you all have a peaceful, thankful, and op day!
Old 11-27-2008, 07:16 PM   #73  
Ms. Jennifer

S/C/G: 196/SEE TICKER/150

Height: 5'4"

Hey....
I was wondering if anyone would be willing to share the food additions with me that are on the stabilization menus. I am 1/2 a point away on BMI and my program has ended. I cannot afford to resign again, and they won't let me stabilize because the BMI isn't right on 24. I just want to know what to add back in and when to do it so I can wean myself off this HNS. I think it really sux that I reached all my goals and can't stabilize because of 1/2 a point, but I guess they know what they are doing. Thanks.

Jennifer
Old 11-27-2008, 09:04 PM   #74  
Judy

S/C/G: 174/ticker/130

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by exsquisit View Post
Hey....
I was wondering if anyone would be willing to share the food additions with me that are on the stabilization menus. I am 1/2 a point away on BMI and my program has ended. I cannot afford to resign again, and they won't let me stabilize because the BMI isn't right on 24. I just want to know what to add back in and when to do it so I can wean myself off this HNS. I think it really sux that I reached all my goals and can't stabilize because of 1/2 a point, but I guess they know what they are doing. Thanks.

Jennifer
Jennifer: Congrats on reaching your weight goal. And I agree that it sucks that you can't go through stabilization when you are at goal on everything except the BMI (come on, 1/2 a point would hold that up???). I sent you a PM with the Week 1 Stabilization info. If you would like the other weeks, you can e-mail me at the e-mail address in the PM.

Judy
Gma to 4
Old 11-27-2008, 09:10 PM   #75  
Denise

S/C/G: 354/ticker/183

Thanks for all the info regarding the Nebraska centers.... I'll be passing the information on to my friend....

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone! I'm very thankful for having you all in my life.
Closed Thread