Closed Thread

Old 12-04-2008, 11:46 AM   #151  
Lori

S/C/G: 227/179.5/140

Height: 5'1

Default Tea

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraSerendipity View Post
Talking about cookies. I have to share the wonderful tea i found Its sugar cookie sleigh ride by celestial seasonsings, it tastes like liquid sugar cookies, its so amazing!!!
Can't wait to get this tea it sounds wonderful.Does anybody have suggestions for apple cider?I really miss it this time of year.
Old 12-04-2008, 12:08 PM   #152  

Height: 5'7''

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShineOn View Post
Since I started in Aug '07, I went through the whole silly season and did really well. My trick was to eat before attending the networking parties. My will power is iron strong if I'm not hungry. However, if I am hungry - I cave in a micro second! This way I can relax and enjoy the true networking. Another small trick is to bring your own "cocktail". I'll ask for a pretty glass - ice and a sprig - and keep a bottle of water that I can mix my HNS in. Then I just pour it in the cocktail glass and everyone thinks I'm socially drinking too. By the time you sit down to the dinner, the edge is off because of the HNS and it's a lot easier to stay on plan. Steak is an easy thing to order for an evening meal - they usually coat your chicken in something bad. I've been using this trick this year too. The mental balance this year is being on stabilization - you don't have to be concerned with staying in the chemical balance (the real secret to losing fast with MRC is staying in that fat burning mode!) I know I can have a few nibbles here and there and it won't throw me off - except knowing what will trigger me. In the past (pre-MRC) I've had a big problem with binging. I would say, I'm already off my diet, I might as well enjoy it. Now with the new healthy me, I can have a taste and be satisfied. This MRC journey has really taught me some great lifelong lessons. Hope my 2 cents helps someone!
Hi there! That is the true essence of MRC and you are exactly right. Learning to have a few bites of something delicious rather than the entire tray is what is important. Well said.
Old 12-04-2008, 02:23 PM   #153  
Cari

S/C/G: 304 / ticker / 180

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Want2LiveLife View Post
I think of the time between Thanksgiving and Christmas as a crunch time. I am trying to lose as much as possible before Christmas Eve. I want to do this b/c I read a post a while ago about a lady wanting to lose 10 lbs instead of gain 10lbs throughout the holiday season like the rest of the obese Americans. I took her up on the challenge and I am going to do the same thing.

If anyone would like to do this with us, please do. There are only a few more weeks until Christmas, but I think it's do able. Or perhaps you could set your goal for New Years. I want to be down 25 by Christmas Eve. It's going to be challenging, but I am going to exercise (gasp) and stay exactly on program. If I don't meet my goals, at least I will have made great strides in WINNING THE LOSING BATTLE!
I'm in. I find setting mini goals very helpful. Starting from today, my plan is to lose 10 lbs by New Years Eve. I guess that means I have to kind of behave for Christmas dinner. If I make this goal, I'll be signing the 50lb board at that time too.
Old 12-04-2008, 02:35 PM   #154  
dla
Denise

S/C/G: 321/ticker/175

Height: 5'-10"

I'm in for a mini goal. I think that mine will also be for New Year's Eve and will be 10 pounds lost.
Old 12-04-2008, 03:28 PM   #155  

S/C/G: 182/ticker/140

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuck in grad school View Post
I bet your C25K program is slowing down your weight loss a bit. You are probably building some muscle in your thighs and maybe your core areas, too. When I've been exercising seriously, I generally do better if I max out my beef, and maybe even cheat and have an extra serving. It just seemed like my body needed the extra oomph. I also did well when I was having tilapia for lunch. Having said that, I'm glad you mentioned the C25K program. I'm really thinking about starting that--since I was in high school I have wanted to run a 10K. I know this is a 5K, but you've got to start somewhere! I need a better pair of running shoes first.
You may be right. I lift weights too and my center has warned against that. I don't lift nearly as much as I could, but more than the 5 lbs that they tell me to do I'm really enjoying the C25K right now because it's such a challenge for me, but I do need to vary my workouts. I started C25K b/c I was getting burned out on the elliptical, but maybe I need to start rotating a bit. I'm also going to start a yoga class after the holidays--I've really enjoyed my yoga videos so I think a class might be good for me. I've got to think that the excercise will benefit me in the long run even if it slows my loss a bit. Though I hate slow loss!!!

You look GREAT by the way!
Old 12-04-2008, 04:00 PM   #156  
Lindsy is Blah

S/C/G: 215/185/140

Height: 5' 7"

Quote:
Good Evening ladies (and gentleman)

Just wanted to check-in and say hi to everyone. I haven't been on in a few good long days and wanted to catch up. I hope everyone who dropped the ball on Thanksgiving is picking it up and keeping it rolling now. Congrats to those you managed to keep headstrong and made good choices.

I think of the time between Thanksgiving and Christmas as a crunch time. I am trying to lose as much as possible before Christmas Eve. I want to do this b/c I read a post a while ago about a lady wanting to lose 10 lbs instead of gain 10lbs throughout the holiday season like the rest of the obese Americans. I took her up on the challenge and I am going to do the same thing.

If anyone would like to do this with us, please do. There are only a few more weeks until Christmas, but I think it's do able. Or perhaps you could set your goal for New Years. I want to be down 25 by Christmas Eve. It's going to be challenging, but I am going to exercise (gasp) and stay exactly on program. If I don't meet my goals, at least I will have made great strides in WINNING THE LOSING BATTLE!

Warm wishes to all of you! I will check back more often, promise!

Goodnight!

I've joined the Mini Challange too! My sister and I are competing to see who can lose 10lbs first, and whomever does treats the other to a Mani-Pedi! (She doesn't know it yet, but I'm allready down 11 lbs! LOL!)
Old 12-04-2008, 04:06 PM   #157  

S/C/G: 198/see ticker/163

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clanori View Post
Can't wait to get this tea it sounds wonderful.Does anybody have suggestions for apple cider?I really miss it this time of year.
I found some sugar-free cider packets in Wal Mart. They only have 10 calories and I just add it in and don't worry about it.
Old 12-04-2008, 04:43 PM   #158  

S/C/G: 266/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Hi everyone! I just started MRC on Monday and I am on the pre-conditioning part (day 4). I am starting to get more excited about joining MRC the more
I read the threads here. I have to admit, when I signed my contract all I could think about was "here I go again, wasting money on another diet program I wont finish" but I am starting to realize that MRC has everything that no other diet program has...total support. They will hold me accountable, which something that Nutrisystem, Atkins, WW, and the MANY MANY others have not. I have lost and gained 100's of pounds in my life. I am either totally with a program or totally off and binge eating. I get obsessive either way, but when I cheat---its all over. I think the strict food journal, the constant weigh-ins and the support that their staff seems to be what I need.
I am desperate tho, with over 100 pounds to lose. They say I can lose it in 9 months...I really hope so! What do you think? Is that possible???
I have went through the initial steps to get lap-band surgery done, but that is NOT the route I really want to take. I was just feeling like a failure at everything i have tried so far. MRC is my last chance before I decide to have surgery. My last ditch effort.
So far, during pre-conditioning---no problems other than a withdrawl headache yesterday, but I don't feel very hungry. Just picking one item from A, B, C, and D for each meal and drinking all my water. I am also taking the flax oil, vitamin and MRC6. I actually feel pretty good right now. Looking at next weeks menu choices kind of scare me, but I know eventually I will get more food options and I NEVER want to eat the way I used to!
Because I am new to the board, I haven't had much time to snoop around, but any MRC people who have lost 100 pounds or more, I would love to hear from you!!!
Old 12-04-2008, 05:01 PM   #159  
Lori

S/C/G: 227/179.5/140

Height: 5'1

Default Apple cider

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorkingARMom View Post
I found some sugar-free cider packets in Wal Mart. They only have 10 calories and I just add it in and don't worry about it.
Thanks I will be looking for them this weekend.
Old 12-04-2008, 05:37 PM   #160  

Default Mini-Challenge!!!

Yay!!! I am so excited to you all that have decided to jump on the challenge!!! We can do this, I know we can!!! It's really only one speedbump (Christmas) and a few holiday parties- which I know you all and I can succeed at. Mind over matter ladies!!

Maybe we should start a little thread for our challenge to keep up on each other's progress and to stay motivated! Just an idea.

To anyone else who is interested, we have started a 10lb challenge for the holiday season either ending on Christmas or New Years, your choice. Instead of gaining weight like every other American, we are losing it!! Join us and let's start winning the losing battle!

Love to all the MRCers out there!!
Old 12-04-2008, 05:42 PM   #161  

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonnieMcC View Post
Hi everyone! I just started MRC on Monday and I am on the pre-conditioning part (day 4). I am starting to get more excited about joining MRC the more
I read the threads here. I have to admit, when I signed my contract all I could think about was "here I go again, wasting money on another diet program I wont finish" but I am starting to realize that MRC has everything that no other diet program has...total support. They will hold me accountable, which something that Nutrisystem, Atkins, WW, and the MANY MANY others have not. I have lost and gained 100's of pounds in my life. I am either totally with a program or totally off and binge eating. I get obsessive either way, but when I cheat---its all over. I think the strict food journal, the constant weigh-ins and the support that their staff seems to be what I need.
I am desperate tho, with over 100 pounds to lose. They say I can lose it in 9 months...I really hope so! What do you think? Is that possible???
I have went through the initial steps to get lap-band surgery done, but that is NOT the route I really want to take. I was just feeling like a failure at everything i have tried so far. MRC is my last chance before I decide to have surgery. My last ditch effort.
So far, during pre-conditioning---no problems other than a withdrawl headache yesterday, but I don't feel very hungry. Just picking one item from A, B, C, and D for each meal and drinking all my water. I am also taking the flax oil, vitamin and MRC6. I actually feel pretty good right now. Looking at next weeks menu choices kind of scare me, but I know eventually I will get more food options and I NEVER want to eat the way I used to!
Because I am new to the board, I haven't had much time to snoop around, but any MRC people who have lost 100 pounds or more, I would love to hear from you!!!

Welcome! For all of your support at the MRC Center, you will do wonderful. And for all of your support here, you will go above and beyond. Tune in everyday, at least at some point to read the threads and meet new people, and ultimately get motivated. This site is helping me TREMENDOUSLY. I love to hear personal stories and insight that makes me feel like I'm not alone in this weight loss battle.

Stay on program, you will get there. It's going to be difficult and easy at times. But just always keep in mind you are changing your life. There's no turning back now- you deserve to be thin and healthy.

We are all here for you. Any questions about the program, ask. There are plenty of women on here that offer very incredibly valuable information. They are so wise about MRC and what works and what doesn't. This is my #1 go to spot when I start to feel a little weak or down.

Stay up, girlfriend. You will get get there, we all will. It's VERY nice to have you here. Welcome, again.
Old 12-04-2008, 05:44 PM   #162  
Em

S/C/G: 170

Quote:
Originally Posted by WooPigSooie View Post
You may be right. I lift weights too and my center has warned against that. I don't lift nearly as much as I could, but more than the 5 lbs that they tell me to do I'm really enjoying the C25K right now because it's such a challenge for me, but I do need to vary my workouts. I started C25K b/c I was getting burned out on the elliptical, but maybe I need to start rotating a bit. I'm also going to start a yoga class after the holidays--I've really enjoyed my yoga videos so I think a class might be good for me. I've got to think that the excercise will benefit me in the long run even if it slows my loss a bit. Though I hate slow loss!!!

You look GREAT by the way!
One of my pet peeves is when they start discouraging people from exercising "too much". Well, yeah, it CAN be overdone, but that's hardly the norm. And sure, it might slow down your weight loss on the scale, but it will certainly speed up your fat loss and you'll drop inches a lot faster. The scale isn't the only, or even the best, measure of success when you're trying to get smaller and healthier!
Okay, down off my ... again!
Old 12-04-2008, 05:46 PM   #163  
Em

S/C/G: 170

Quote:
Yay!!! I am so excited to you all that have decided to jump on the challenge!!! We can do this, I know we can!!! It's really only one speedbump (Christmas) and a few holiday parties- which I know you all and I can succeed at. Mind over matter ladies!!

Maybe we should start a little thread for our challenge to keep up on each other's progress and to stay motivated! Just an idea.

To anyone else who is interested, we have started a 10lb challenge for the holiday season either ending on Christmas or New Years, your choice. Instead of gaining weight like every other American, we are losing it!! Join us and let's start winning the losing battle!

I have to say - it is a GOOD feeling to not only not gain weight during the holidays, but to actually LOSE a few lbs!
Old 12-04-2008, 06:01 PM   #164  
dla
Denise

Quote:

We should start a thread for the mini challenge. I don't think the tickers hold much accountability! Like I mentioned in an earlier post...I'm in for 10 pounds by New Years Eve. HOPEFULLY MORE!!
Old 12-04-2008, 06:11 PM   #165  
dla
Denise

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonnieMcC View Post
I think that 100 pounds in 9 months is doable. I have been on the program since August 1st and have lost 49 pounds. I am losing less than the 3 pound per week average that they say you will lose. I think that I am on pace to have lost 130 pounds (my goal) in 48 weeks.

There are a number of people that post pretty regularly who have lost a significant amount of weight. I'm sure they will be able to comment.

The plan really works.
Closed Thread