Closed Thread

Old 11-09-2008, 03:01 PM   #256  

S/C/G: 217/217/175

Height: 5'11"

Okay another question! How do you make the meal replacement shakes? I picked on up wanting to try it in the swap basket but it has no directions on the package! Thanks for your help!
Old 11-09-2008, 04:15 PM   #257  
MRC Repeat Offender

S/C/G: 251/151/151

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lv2ski2004 View Post
Okay another question! How do you make the meal replacement shakes? I picked on up wanting to try it in the swap basket but it has no directions on the package! Thanks for your help!
I put it in the blender with 2 cups of cold water & a few ice cubes. I usually add (depending on the flavor) some extract or the Da vince sugar free syrup to add to the flavor.
Old 11-09-2008, 05:03 PM   #258  
Cari

S/C/G: 304 / ticker / 180

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
I mix the vanilla meal replacement shake with a tangerine Diet Rite, an orange HNS and a few ice cubes. It tastes a little like an orange julius.
Old 11-09-2008, 05:22 PM   #259  

S/C/G: 217/217/175

Height: 5'11"

Thanks ladies! Gives me some ideas!
Old 11-09-2008, 07:22 PM   #260  

S/C/G: 224/218/145

Height: 5'0

Hello Everyone. I've tried MRC a few times but this time I'm sticking with it. I have a cruise coming up in April 08 and really want this weight off. You girls seem to be so supportive and really give helpful information. I started 11/03 and so far have lost 6 lbs. Look foward to chatting with you girls. I have would like to lose 75 lbs.

Katy

Last edited by NobleOne; 11-09-2008 at 07:38 PM.
Old 11-09-2008, 07:40 PM   #261  
MRC Repeat Offender

S/C/G: 251/151/151

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobleOne View Post
Hello Everyone. I've tried MRC a few times but this time I'm sticking with it. I have a cruise coming up in April 08 and really want this weight off. You girls seem to be so supportive and really give helpful information. I started 11/03 and so far have lost 6 lbs. Look foward to chatting with you girls. I have would like to lose 75 lbs.

Katy

Hello & welcome! It sounds like you are off to a great start
Old 11-09-2008, 07:51 PM   #262  

S/C/G: 152.5/see ticker/128

Height: 5'6"

Default It's been awhile...

Well, I have also been lurking for a couple of weeks...and weighed in yesterday for the first time in 2 weeks. That's the first time since going OP that I had skipped a week like that. It was my birthday on Halloween and I was not great for a few days and really didn't want to hear about it!

I went in yesterday - having been "somewhat" OP for the week...and was surprised (stunned actually) to be down 1.5 pounds. I'll take it...but can't figure out how that happened. It was a fluke b/c I was not good with my water, my supps, and had several drinks the night before weigh in. (I did NOT share that with my counselor...but I felt guilty about it.)

Anyway - so many great losses I've been reading about...and then there are a couple of you struggling like I have been. Not really being terrible, but not being OP as we should be. I've GOT to get in the groove and focus.

My center was out of the MetaQuick menu...but gave me the "Cleanser" menu as a way to focus. Any thoughts on that menu? I'm not sure how I feel about it...I really wanted to do the MetaQuick. Thoughts from you guys?

Thanks much - Rosemary
Old 11-09-2008, 07:52 PM   #263  

S/C/G: 152.5/see ticker/128

Height: 5'6"

Quote:

Katy
Hi Katy - do you go to the Macon Center? I live in Macon, but work in WR. Welcome...it's good to have someone from the area on the board!

Rosemary
Old 11-09-2008, 10:17 PM   #264  

What's the cleanser menu? I've never heard of it.
Old 11-09-2008, 10:40 PM   #265  

S/C/G: 224/218/145

Height: 5'0

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeminoleGirl View Post
Hi Katy - do you go to the Macon Center? I live in Macon, but work in WR. Welcome...it's good to have someone from the area on the board!

Rosemary
I live in WR and work in Macon. I do go to the Macon center but original started in the Savannah, Ga center. Trying to warm up to the girls at this center because I miss my girls back at the Savannah, GA Center. I agree it really is nice to have someone from the area on board. Congrats on your loss and hope to chat with you later.

Katy

Last edited by NobleOne; 11-09-2008 at 10:42 PM.
Old 11-09-2008, 11:05 PM   #266  

S/C/G: 240/see ticker/150

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfatnomore View Post
I am really frustrated this week. I believe I've hit a plateau. I went to WI yesterday & was only -.5 lbs. This is two weeks in a row where I've had low numbers. I'm trying to remain optimistic but it stinks when the scale barely moves (I know, at least it moved a little). I've increased my exercise to 4x/week & have added more water.

Hopefully, I can bust through the plateau next week. I REALLY want to hit my -60 lbs goal by Thanksgiving. 7 more lbs!!!
I know plateaus can be really frustrating. Just hang in there and let your body adjust to your new weight. I always hit a plateau just before tom.
Old 11-10-2008, 12:02 AM   #267  

S/C/G: 217/ticker/170

Hi Everybody--

Thanks for the moral support AND all the great shopping advice. Unfortunately, the shopping isn't so great where I live, but it is only 90 miles to Houston, so I've got options when the time is right. The thought of raiding Eddie Bauer at a smaller size has been like the meat they put on the stick for greyhounds to chase at the track. Man, I can't wait! I'll probably try to hit the outlet store first, though, as I've only had a part time job the last few years while going to school. And the huge LLBean store at Tyson's Corner is one of the few things I miss about living in Northern Virginia--hadn't really thought about catalogue shopping through them. I'll have to check out NY & Co, though! Thanks for the tips!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finz View Post
Great NSV! I'm tall, too, so I can relate. Right now I am comfortably in 10's. 12's are too big & baggy. I would like to stay in 10's--that's what most of my clothes are and I think I look fine this size for my height & age. I may be able to slip into the occasional 8 but I don't think it matters, really. I was at Sam's the other day and they had some cute Calvin Klein pea coats-I tried on the large and it was too big, but the medium fit perfectly. I am still not used to automatically getting the bigger sizes.
BTW,if you're looking for places that carry tall items I've found some great jeans at LLBean--they carry them in regular length, medium-tall and tall.
10's, huh? I don't know that I've ever been a 10, but you're making me think I might want to hold out for a 12. I love pea coats, and mine is now too big! I'm going to drop some big hints that they've got them at Sam's. Did you get black or charcoal?

Quote:
Stuck in Grad school-
I'm 5'11" and I know that if I ever fit a 12 it would be a miracle. It's not the way my body is built but I just want to go into a store and get a 14 and not have to think about it. When I was lifting a few years ago I did manage to get into a few medium shirts but I usually have to deal with length! I just take the compliment and thank the person. My 16 year old who is a twig wears a size 12 and weighs about 165 but it's all due to muscle b/c she's a swimmer and trains 6 days a week. It all depends upon your body build. The doctors always question her weight!

My favorite place for talls is New york and company if you have any. Also Eddie Bauer but they are soo pricey.

I went to weigh in today and it's the first time since I started that the scale didn't move! I started spinning 3 times a week this week so I don't know if that played with it at all or not! We'll see what next week holds.
Have a great weekend!
Sometimes my scale moves slowly when I've been exercising a lot, but it seems to move big when I take a short breather. It might have something to do with the muscles holding onto water after a hard exercise. Whatever the case, spinning 3 times a week has got to be good for your health and it may shake some inches even if the lbs aren't slipping away quite as fast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dla View Post
I'm 5'-11" as well and I wonder where I will end up with sizes. I have a long way to go now. The thought of being in a 14 or even a 16 is completely foreign to me.

I have been really struggling recently. Yesterday I feel like I finally had a break through. I spent an hour talking to one of the counselors at my center and I am so appreciative of it.

As of today I am no longer morbidly obese. I think that is pretty exciting!
Wow! I am so excited for you! You and my younger sister have similar stats. She's on a different program and has lost about 30 lbs thus far, but I'm living vicariously through you. I can't wait until she reaches this milestone as well! Hang in there--you are definitely headed in the right direction!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotta lose it View Post
Just out of curiousity, what do some of you do for your exercise? I love to walk, but sometimes I wonder if it's enough. I have an eliptical, but I used it so much a couple years ago I could care less if I never use one again. I had read that someone was going to spin classes - how is that?
I was exercising a lot more over the summer, but I've been trying to do step aerobics 3x a week. I also like to walk in the mornings (but I've been sooo tired and haven't been good about crawling out of bed!) I also have a Leslie Sansone DVD that I'll pop in occasionally, and I go to yoga on Tuesday nights. I LOVE the elliptical machine, but I don't have a gym membership right now.

Quote:

Katy
Hi Katy! Welcome to the board!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfatnomore View Post

stuck in grad school:
I can empathize with you. I am also 5'10" with a large bone structure. When I was in high school (eons ago), I was skinny. I mean, I was one of the thinnest girls in my class - I weighed 135 lbs. The smallest size I wore was a 9/10 - most of the time I was in a 12.

I honestly think that taller women carry their weight better. It's unfortunate because I know I still have a long way to go on my weight loss journey as I'm still a size 18W (Large Marge clothes) but my friends have been making comments recently similar to your friends when they see me.

Remember, it's about how you feel about yourself that matters most. Not the size of your clothes or that number on the scale. You are doing an outstanding job. I aspire to be like you!
Wow, thanks! I feel like I've been a bad example the last six weeks, but you make me feel better! I started at an 18W, so I know where you are at right now. I think the hardest thing about staying focused at that size is that it seems like there are so many lbs between sizes, and the gratification of getting into smaller sizes is somewhat delayed. Stick with it, though! There really is something to that paper towel theory, and pretty soon you'll be jumping through the sizes. I promise! And it will feel so good to hit your 60 lb Thanksgiving goal!

Quote:
Originally Posted by maintainforlife View Post
Hey Grad...haven't heard of that Yoga DVD...if you get it...let me know how it is. I love that fact that you're in the 14's...I just finally got back into my 12's...I'm hoping for 10's permanently...and I'm 5'4"...can you really imagine being in 6's or 8's with your height?...hmmm guess you could try...then pass out! Let me know when you get your shakes...anyone else up for the Metaquick?
No! I can't imagine being a 6 or 8...sometimes I just feel like that's what society expects and holds up as the perfect size. I haven't been a 6 since I was a child and wore a 6X for a while, and I'm still miffed at Diane Sawyer for losing those 25 lbs and attaining a weight that is below the weight chart for our height. (But I still try to watch her every morning.) My shakes are on the way...any day now...they'll be here...I ordered chocolate.

Namaste--I made your taco casserole today. I had a steak and spinach for dinner tonight because my iron has been low and I've been dragging all day, but tomorrow I'll indulge in the taco casserole. I had a tiny taste when it came out of the oven and gosh, was it good! It was pretty easy, too!
Old 11-10-2008, 03:50 AM   #268  
Carrie

S/C/G: 194/163/135

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdy2Lose View Post
I mix the vanilla meal replacement shake with a tangerine Diet Rite, an orange HNS and a few ice cubes. It tastes a little like an orange julius.
Hi Rdy2lose:...just when I think I'm "getting it"...I didn't realize I could add an HNS with the meal replacements...hmmm...I guess I was thinking too many proteins...silly me...is it really okay?
Old 11-10-2008, 04:04 AM   #269  
Carrie

S/C/G: 194/163/135

Height: 5'4"

No! I can't imagine being a 6 or 8...sometimes I just feel like that's what society expects and holds up as the perfect size. I haven't been a 6 since I was a child and wore a 6X for a while, and I'm still miffed at Diane Sawyer for losing those 25 lbs and attaining a weight that is below the weight chart for our height. (But I still try to watch her every morning.) My shakes are on the way...any day now...they'll be here...I ordered chocolate.

Grad...you crack me up!! You are so on the "path"...and pretty much probably so overwhelmed with your "daily life" not to realize it! I swear, if you're in a smaller size before me...I'll shoot myself!! My best friends that I grew up with..."4 sisters" were all 5'10" or taller...all of them! They always teased me...(in a nice way ) that I was much too big for my height! Apparently, I should have listened to them! And seriously, Diane Sawyer?...she soooo knows that TV adds tons of weight...to the real picture!
Old 11-10-2008, 06:49 AM   #270  
fab4two

S/C/G: 289/277/165

Height: 5'5"

Default WI Results!!!!

I WI Saturday and I'm down another 4.5 lbs!!!!! That is a grand total of 22 lbs.

I really love this program! I just got through walking 3 miles (I am doing Walk away the pounds DVDs) and feel great.

Hey Rosemary,
I go to the Macon MRC. Don't you just LOVE Nikki, Sunday and Feclicia? They are very motivating!

Well, happy Monday to all and I hope everyone has a wonderful day.
Closed Thread