Closed Thread

Old 09-03-2008, 10:40 PM   #586  

S/C/G: 217/ticker/170

Welcome back, Namaste! You were missed but I hope you had a great 3FC vacation! And thanks, Meemo, for posting the links for iherb! Has anyone heard from snflrgrl or strawberry lately?

I think this is an NSV, but I haven't gotten the credit card bill yet. For the last three months I've been wishing I had a pair of jeans that fit, but I've been making do with the 3-4 things I could find in my closet that were whatever size I needed. Ten pounds from goal weight, I got impatient, and this past Saturday morning I went to Kohl's and bought two pair of Levis in the misses section, and boy were they liberating! People who had not noticed that I've lost any weight suddenly figured it out!

Well, today, Wednesday, five days later, I pulled on one pair of those jeans and thought, "Man! I'm swimming in these things!" Out of curiousity, I tugged on them, and I was able to slip them down over my hips without unbuttoning or unzipping them!

My grandmother is right...patience is a virtue. But nonetheless the moral to this story is that if you are stuck at a size, plunking down $75 on jeans could solve some of your problems.

Last edited by stuck in grad school; 09-03-2008 at 10:41 PM.
Old 09-04-2008, 12:43 AM   #587  
Auntie Weiz

S/C/G: 279/236/150

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meemo View Post
How about mixing up an HNS & freezing it? You could mix it up with a lot less water (probably a concentrate would work better for this) - enough to fit into some of those popsicle forms, or just a paper cup with a popsicle stick in it. I haven't tried it so can't say it WILL work, but it might??

OR, get some of the gelatin HNS & have that at night. You can also use an envelope of Knox gelatin with an HNS - that makes a nice big pile of jello ;>)
Meemo and Dia... Thanks for the tips... I mixed up a grape HNS tonght with some water and froze it for tomorrow night. I get the munchies around 8 or 8:30 pm and try to just drink more water. Tonight I tried one of the lemon chiffon puddings. It was great.

Congratulations to all for good weight loss. I weigh in again on Friday (at home on my scale- no center near by). I messed up at dinner tonight... not too bad... I had carrots with my stir fried cabbage and celery... THEN... I really wanted some rice and had a taste.. RATS! My son, DIL and twin grandsons (3 yrs old) have been living with me for a year. Next week they move to Ellensburg, WA (Central, WA) about 125 miles away.. not bad. I will miss them horribly, but think I can be more OP. I have cheated a few times this week and have been avoiding the scale until Friday. Have a great rest of the week everyone!
Old 09-04-2008, 09:18 AM   #588  
Cari

S/C/G: 304 / ticker / 180

Height: 5'8"

Stuck in Grad School - Congratulations on the NSV. One of my first mini goals is to fit into the next smaller sized pants in my closet so it is encouraging to hear how quickly things can change sometimes!!
Old 09-04-2008, 10:01 AM   #589  
Shannon

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuck in grad school View Post
Welcome back, Namaste! You were missed but I hope you had a great 3FC vacation! And thanks, Meemo, for posting the links for iherb! Has anyone heard from snflrgrl or strawberry lately?

I think this is an NSV, but I haven't gotten the credit card bill yet. For the last three months I've been wishing I had a pair of jeans that fit, but I've been making do with the 3-4 things I could find in my closet that were whatever size I needed. Ten pounds from goal weight, I got impatient, and this past Saturday morning I went to Kohl's and bought two pair of Levis in the misses section, and boy were they liberating! People who had not noticed that I've lost any weight suddenly figured it out!

Well, today, Wednesday, five days later, I pulled on one pair of those jeans and thought, "Man! I'm swimming in these things!" Out of curiousity, I tugged on them, and I was able to slip them down over my hips without unbuttoning or unzipping them!

My grandmother is right...patience is a virtue. But nonetheless the moral to this story is that if you are stuck at a size, plunking down $75 on jeans could solve some of your problems.
Yippee for you! That is my goal too. I want my designer jeans that are a size 10 to fit. I don't care what I weigh as long as those puppies fit!
Old 09-04-2008, 10:54 AM   #590  

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuck in grad school View Post

That is EXACTLY the way it happens!! I've also found that if I go buy a pair size smaller than I'm wearing, those are never gonna fit ;-( I have quite a few of those in the closet as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky49 View Post
Meemo and Dia... Thanks for the tips... I mixed up a grape HNS tonght with some water and froze it for tomorrow night. I get the munchies around 8 or 8:30 pm and try to just drink more water. Tonight I tried one of the lemon chiffon puddings. It was great.

Congratulations to all for good weight loss. I weigh in again on Friday (at home on my scale- no center near by). I messed up at dinner tonight... not too bad... I had carrots with my stir fried cabbage and celery... THEN... I really wanted some rice and had a taste.. RATS! My son, DIL and twin grandsons (3 yrs old) have been living with me for a year. Next week they move to Ellensburg, WA (Central, WA) about 125 miles away.. not bad. I will miss them horribly, but think I can be more OP. I have cheated a few times this week and have been avoiding the scale until Friday. Have a great rest of the week everyone!
You all reminded me that I use to make popsicles with the HNS. Yummy! I think I threw away my little 'makers' though.

I think you are terribly good if you only had a 'taste'. If anything even touches my lips that shouldn't, I'm done for. A taste, another, and then the whole darned pot!
Old 09-04-2008, 11:06 AM   #591  
One Meal At A Time

S/C/G: 145/ticker/130

Height: 5"5

Talking about the Popsicles,
The other day my girls went and got a snow cone, so I had them get me a cup of the ice, I took my grape HNS out of the ice box mixed it with splined and poured it on top, It was like Haven!!!! It had that sugar taste,,,,hummmm

Went to WI today I must be in fat burning mode, I was down 1.5 again from Tuesday that is 3 pounds this week!!!!! That is really my biggest lost so far. Like I said I think it was the bars and I am on the All Day! Not sure really what is doing just happy it is. I have about 8.5 more pounds!!!!! Whooo hoo!!!!

Last edited by JSTUCKLY; 09-04-2008 at 11:07 AM.
Old 09-04-2008, 11:21 AM   #592  
Shannon

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSTUCKLY View Post
Talking about the Popsicles,
The other day my girls went and got a snow cone, so I had them get me a cup of the ice, I took my grape HNS out of the ice box mixed it with splined and poured it on top, It was like Haven!!!! It had that sugar taste,,,,hummmm

Went to WI today I must be in fat burning mode, I was down 1.5 again from Tuesday that is 3 pounds this week!!!!! That is really my biggest lost so far. Like I said I think it was the bars and I am on the All Day! Not sure really what is doing just happy it is. I have about 8.5 more pounds!!!!! Whooo hoo!!!!
Hooray for you! I am waiting to WI tomorrow after work. Trying to lose that "bump" I encountered over the weekend!

I just took Namaste's advice and drank a hot HNS. I got the peach mango online. It was sooo yummy. And, I think it suppressed my appetite unlike when i down one cold! 2 more hours til lunch, so that will certainly help me.
Old 09-04-2008, 11:23 AM   #593  
Shannon

Default Tomato question

Why can't we have cooked tomatoes? No one has ever explained this to me. I really want chili tonight. (BF is pushing me for some) I have buffalo and I have low sodium chili seasoning and black beans. But I used my creamy at breakfast, so I can't use a tomato supplement.

Last edited by shenanigan; 09-04-2008 at 11:25 AM.
Old 09-04-2008, 11:26 AM   #594  
Katie

S/C/G: 205/198/150

Height: 5 Ft. 4 In

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenanigan View Post
Why cna't we have cooked tomatoes? No one has ever explained this to me. I really want chili tonight. (BF is pushing me for some) I have buffalo and I have low sodium chili seasoning and black beans. But I used my creamy at breakfast, so I can't use a tomato supplement.
I asked this same question and they told me that is because of added sodium, sugar, perservatives from canning.
Old 09-04-2008, 11:27 AM   #595  
Shannon

Quote:
Originally Posted by kclewis5606 View Post
I asked this same question and they told me that is because of added sodium, sugar, perservatives from canning.
Hmmm. Well, what if i got the low sodium? Or just cut up a fresh one and put it in the chili? I may try it. Any other reasons that anyone else has heard?
Old 09-04-2008, 11:39 AM   #596  
MRC Repeat Offender

S/C/G: 251/151/151

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSTUCKLY View Post
**YEA** You've had a great week!!!

Quote:
Hmmm. Well, what if i got the low sodium? Or just cut up a fresh one and put it in the chili? I may try it. Any other reasons that anyone else has heard?

I *think* it has to do with something like the sugar content changing when they are cooked. I can't remember where I heard that though!

Just got back from WI and down 1 lb. I was totally happy with this as my last 2 weeks were a 3 lb then a 4 lb loss so I wasn't expecting much today. Hopefully I'll be signing that 80lb board next time!
Today was measuring day and I've now lost 84 inches
Old 09-04-2008, 11:42 AM   #597  
Shannon

[QUOTE=Finz;2346894]**YEA** You've had a great week!!!

I *think* it has to do with something like the sugar content changing when they are cooked. I can't remember where I heard that though!

That makes sense! Oh well. I will see what I can concoct.
Congrats on the 79 lbs. WOW!
Old 09-04-2008, 11:43 AM   #598  
Em

S/C/G: 170

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Why can't we have cooked tomatoes? No one has ever explained this to me. I really want chili tonight. (BF is pushing me for some) I have buffalo and I have low sodium chili seasoning and black beans. But I used my creamy at breakfast, so I can't use a tomato supplement.
Try making your chili as usual, add a little extra water or low-sodium beef broth (or even a chicken boullion HNS), then add some fresh tomatoes RIGHT at the end, just enough to heat them through.

The cooked tomatoes thing never made a lot of sense to me - I can understand no canned tomatoes, but I think their reasoning is that the sugars in the tomatoes are more concentrated when you cook away some of the water in them. Still doesn't quite make sense - just eat a little less...
Old 09-04-2008, 12:15 PM   #599  
Shannon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meemo View Post
Try making your chili as usual, add a little extra water or low-sodium beef broth (or even a chicken boullion HNS), then add some fresh tomatoes RIGHT at the end, just enough to heat them through.

The cooked tomatoes thing never made a lot of sense to me - I can understand no canned tomatoes, but I think their reasoning is that the sugars in the tomatoes are more concentrated when you cook away some of the water in them. Still doesn't quite make sense - just eat a little less...
I will use a chicken bouillon HNS. Great idea! I just won't use too many tomatoes. You all are always coming through for me.
Old 09-04-2008, 12:27 PM   #600  
One Meal At A Time

S/C/G: 145/ticker/130

Height: 5"5

Your Chili is making me Hungary
Closed Thread