Closed Thread

Old 08-06-2008, 12:09 PM   #76  
repeater

S/C/G: 213.7/212.4 /145

Height: 5"7

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberryrhubarbpie View Post
I work 10-11 hour days and drive 45 minutes each way. I've found that taking one day a week to do all my grocery shopping and cooking has been my saving grace for sticking with this program. That and the Birdseye Steamfresh bags of veggies - no washing/slicing/dicing needed!

Every week I cook 2 things - I brown 1 pound of ground turkey breast and season it somehow (low sodium taco seasoning or mrs. dash), then I portion them out into 4 oz. servings in sandwich baggies so they are quick to grab in the morning. I do this with cooked veggies also - I do this because they provide paper plates where I work, but if I didn't have them I would be putting the meat and veggies in gladware containers so I can just grab one of those in the morning.

The other thing I cook once a week -- I place 3-4 frozen chicken breasts in a large zip lock bag with about 1/3 to 1/2 bottle of the fat free zesty italian dressing. I let them marinate like this for quite a few hours, then before I go to bed I put them all in a crock pot (be sure to shake off the excess dressing). In the morning I will then, depending on time, throw the whole thing in the fridge, or put them in a tupperware and place it in the fridge. I usually eat the turkey for lunch and chicken for dinner.

When I get home, all I have to do is cook up some mushrooms, green peppers and green onions in a frying pan with some Pam cooking spray, then I will take it all out and measure to make sure it's 4 ounces - then I'll take 4 ounces of the chicken, add it to the hot pan, maybe add a little bit of sea salt, then once the chicken gets hot and a little brown I add back the veggies. Takes all of 10 minutes. Nowadays I've been using a little less veggies so that I can add some of Denise's salsa, and eat it with a tortilla. I feel like I'm not even on the diet when I eat this

Another thing I do is I will pre-cook some oatmeal and put that in the fridge, so that I can make a quick breakfast in the morning - 4 ounces cottage cheese, 1/4 cup oatmeal, splenda and cinamon (or vanilla splenda and a splash of vanilla extract). I was starting to get real tired of eggs so this recipe has been a life saver!

All of these recipes/ideas I got from this board and just adapted them to my tastes/lifestyle. I love you guys!!!!

I was going to tell you also - I noticed in your asian meatball recipe (which looks yummy btw) you say you measure the meatball to 1 ounce before cooking, but I think that you will find the weight of the meatball will be less then 1 ounce after they are cooked. Just want to make sure you are getting all of your 4 ounces!
THANKS FOR THE IDEAS...I AM GETTING READY TO GET THE CROCKPOT OUT AND PUT CHICKEN IN IT...GREAT IDEA.
Old 08-06-2008, 12:12 PM   #77  
repeater

S/C/G: 213.7/212.4 /145

Height: 5"7

Well, I went into the center yesterday (remember i am the one trying to do it on my own, and fell off the wagon with captn crunch)...i am excited about returning and being really accountable again. I just started today on the yellow menu...i am going to try to do everything right this time. i am hoping and planning on losing at least 40 pounds by dec 28th ( my 40th b-day)....i want to look better at 40.
Old 08-06-2008, 12:47 PM   #78  
dla
Denise

S/C/G: 321/ticker/175

Height: 5'-10"

Thank you all for the kind words of encouragement. I looked at the recipe thread and WOW...some of you are really creative.

One question...is a vanilla pudding supplement and a vanilla supplement the same thing?
Old 08-06-2008, 12:50 PM   #79  
dla
Denise

I tried the recipe for the turkey breakfast casserole that is on the recipe thread and it is GREAT!

After only six days on plan I was already getting tired of my 2 eggs and piece of toast. Plus I wasn't getting up early enough to make them. I can pop this in the microwave. Anybody have an idea on how long it will keep in the refrigerator? It is 8 servings.
Old 08-06-2008, 12:51 PM   #80  
dla
Denise

I've been wondering about exercise. My center specifically said to do the exercise after dinner. I was going to ask another one of the center employees about that the last time I visited.

Did I misunderstand them or am I really supposed to try to exercise after dinner? What difference does it really make?
Old 08-06-2008, 01:38 PM   #81  
dla
Denise

I'm full of questions today.

Here are two others that I keep forgetting to ask at the Center. I know someone here will be able to answer these.

1. Can you combine part of Group 1 and part of Group 3 protein to be your protein at a meal?

2. Can you pre-mix the HNS or do you have to mix them right before you drink them?
Old 08-06-2008, 01:42 PM   #82  

Height: 5'10"

Default Exercise after dinner?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dla View Post
I've been wondering about exercise. My center specifically said to do the exercise after dinner. I was going to ask another one of the center employees about that the last time I visited.

Did I misunderstand them or am I really supposed to try to exercise after dinner? What difference does it really make?

Did you talk with specifically with your center manager? I've been told "exercise is exercise - try to get in 30 minutes of some exercise daily & increase from there".
Old 08-06-2008, 01:46 PM   #83  
DIANA-Start Date 03/08/08

S/C/G: 243/206/180

Height: 5'4

dla- My understanding is that you should not mix the proteins together.
As for the hns i always make mine ahead of time i dont really think it matters.
Hope this helps, hopefully others will chime in ..have a great day!!
Old 08-06-2008, 01:47 PM   #84  

Oh and on the working out , i was told 30 min a day 3 times a week.
Old 08-06-2008, 01:48 PM   #85  

Height: 5'10"

Default Update - Adios to more weight!

I went to WI yesterday - guess what?! I was -5 lbs. That's -16.5 lbs in 23 short days. I haven't strayed off plan & am so excited to see the scale move each week. Every time I'm tempted, I just think it would take me that much longer to get this weight off - I want it off now!!!
I have a difficult few days ahead of me. My husband's cousin was killed in a car accident. She was only 18 years old & headed to college this fall. Her funeral is tomorrow, so I'll be "on the road" for a few days. Needless to say, my stress level has been high. I've packed ahead & my goal is to stay OP. We'll see!
Old 08-06-2008, 02:21 PM   #86  
Bonnie

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomoredonuts4me View Post
You're Welcome

I think I speak for everyone here on this board.... We are all rooting for you!!!. I don't know if you remember from one of my previous post how I too struggled with the last 40-50 pounds after losing 125 pounds from a previous diet plan. After I regained the 125 pounds back, I felt like such a failure. I thought I would never be able to get to that "healthy weight" ever again. Until.... MRC. For some reason I was ready. The MRC plan fit so well with my new determination to finally do it. I sometimes can't believe I did it. We are all at different places mentally that can hold us back. What's holding you back? You don't have to wait til you've gained all the weight you lost.

Look at all the successes you've had so far. You have maintained a large weight loss! Go to the grocery store and pick up a 50 lb bag of dog food. That is a lot of weight to be proud of. I just looked at your before picture. OMG, you really have changed from last year. Looking at your avatar, you don't even look like you need to lose any more weight. You may be closer than you think to stabilization (less than 20 lbs). What is your fat percent?

Forgive yourself for your past mistakes. Stay connected to this board. Write down all the reasons why you want to get to your goal, and also write down what you will lose out on if you don't reach your goal.

In my eyes you are already a success. You can and will do it!

You are worth all the effort!

Donuts/Darren
Thanks, Darren (and others)! Actually, I have a 7 year-old daughter who happens to weigh exactly what I've lost, so I get a daily reminder of how far I've come - I can hardly pick her up, much less carry her around for long. I have learned a lot through this process and wouldn't trade the struggle for anything. The most encouraging is that I know I really can maintain this loss (I've been doing it for the last months!). It's not at all like my previous experience with Atkins (some 9 years ago) in which the weight came back with a vengeance and some friends. And, they did my tanita on Monday and my fat percentage was right at 39.5%. I don't really know what it should be to find a healthy place. My BMI is 28.6 though, so that can't be good. Anyhow, I am very focused to press forward and I REALLY appreciate your encouragement.

Befatnomore: Sorry to hear of your family's loss. Stay strong!

Last edited by bomaze; 08-06-2008 at 02:27 PM.
Old 08-06-2008, 02:22 PM   #87  
Carrie

S/C/G: 194/163/135

Height: 5'4"

bfatnomore UGH sad week...so sorry about your husband's cousin...prayers are with you...stay strong!
dla I too was told to work out 30min. 3 days a week. But...I've always walked every day...for at least a mile...usually 3...so my counselor said...keep my routine. Then...I had to miss three days...for the first time in forever...and I dropped 4 pounds. Hmmm...could be a coincidence...or? Any thoughts on this?...maybe there is something about not exercising every day in the beginning...I just started the green menu.
Old 08-06-2008, 03:11 PM   #88  
Gina

S/C/G: 261/see ticker/180

Height: 5'8"

I haven't been able to check in for a few days so it took me awhile to catch up on the reading. Sharon - you look fablous! alexiah - sorry to hear about your friends child. You have really come through some major crisis on this program, I'm really impressed with your determination to stick to it. bfatnomore - sorry to hear about your family loss too. Eating correctly will give you the extra strength to get through this. Bonnie - when you sign back up, take the longer option (I think it's $149 for 17 weeks). I thought I could do it in the 8 weeks and had to re-sign again! This month will be a good test of the skill you have learned and see how well you stay OP without the twice a week accountability. Stay accountable to us though! Darren, you are the constant in my head - thanks for always sharing so honestly.

Well, I'm still stuck in the plateau. I'm going on week 3 now. I did have an off plan meal on Saturday - pizza. The conversations in my head! I knew my plateau probably had a lot to do with the increased intensity of my exercise - the jogging and weights. And I'm completely ok with a plateau if I'm building muscle, however, I had the end of my contract staring me down again (8 Aug). I thought, I am NOT re-signing for the 4th time. My body has hit a major plateau about 3 - 4 times before, so I know I have the will power to wait it out - if it wasn't for that darn deadline dealing solely with weight! So I had justified in my mind that I would shock my body on Sat. Just 1 meal, ate way too much. Jumped on the scale the next morning and gained 4 lbs!! I could Meemo in my head - it's impossible to gain 4 lbs over night, so I just increased the water and got right back OP. Next morning, same 4 lbs - ugh!! It took me until this morning to get back to even again. I finally went into the center and expressed my frustration with trying to get my body fat % down and having to face the scale as the ultimate measure of meeting my goal. They said I'm close enough and just stay OP. What a relief. After reveiwing my food sheet, and I totally fessed up to the pizza, she told me to keep the exercise to 30 minutes a day instead of the 1 hour and to make the 30 min high intensity. Then she said this may sound crazy - but give your body permission to break into the 160's. So, self, it's ok to lose more weight and get into the 160's! Thanks for listening to me vent

Last edited by ShineOn; 08-06-2008 at 03:14 PM.
Old 08-06-2008, 03:21 PM   #89  

Shine on- Thanks for the comment, i really am determined to stick this out i have been thru **** and highwater this year but you all have been there thru it all so thank you and everyone else on this board!!
Old 08-06-2008, 03:22 PM   #90  

Bfat- Sorry for your loss , i know it can be devastating, good luck and know we will be here for you when you get back!!
Closed Thread