Closed Thread

Old 08-05-2008, 01:20 AM   #31  

S/C/G: 217/ticker/170

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelish View Post
So a question for the group....what is you favorite quick meal. I'm a teacher and start back the end of this week, I've got to start packing my lunch and I'll admit I'm a little scared. I need some quick and easy ideas. TIA
Usually I get to go home for lunch, but I keep a strawberry wafer in my desk drawer in case of emergency. Also, I try to keep a couple of HNS stashed away in my desk. If you are dealing with high school students, you might also want a small flask to supplement the HNS.
Old 08-05-2008, 05:41 AM   #32  
Super Maintainer

S/C/G: 357/197/maintaining

Height: 6'0"

Hi everyone

For those of you falling off the wagon, consider it practice for maintenance. It's not falling off that's important, it's how quickly you get back on. You are only a meal away from being back on program. Don't wait til the next day or the next Monday to get back on the wagon. Resolve to get back on plan with your next meal. You will gain lifelong success on maintaining your weight if you don't prolong your off plan eating.

I speak from experience. It's so much easier to take the 2-3 pound exit to your u-turn than the 10,20,30 pound exit. I know this all sounds so obvious, but if you are like me, old habits seem to creep back in slowly over time. Our minds can play funny tricks on us. We are so good at rationalizing aren't we? I know I have to make lifelong conscious decisions everyday to live a healthy lifestyle to support a healthy weight. It is so so worth it though. I love the "Freedoms" a healthy body has brought to my life! Now that I have the body I worked so hard to get, I do not want to go backwards. I know you don't either.

Recently, I found myself going back to some of my old bad eating habits. This time has been so different for me. I have been able to make that u-turn early on. I don't beat myself up over bad decisions. I try to learn from them and move on quickly. Each time I do this, it gets easier and easier to pull myself from out of the clutches of old eating habits. I'm actually creating new good habits. This will be a lifelong process for me I know.
I can do this and so can you!!!

Stay Strong

Last edited by nomoredonuts4me; 08-05-2008 at 06:07 AM.
Old 08-05-2008, 09:41 AM   #33  
One Meal At A Time

S/C/G: 145/ticker/130

Height: 5"5

Thanks so much for the help, yall had made me fell better, I talked to the center she said lets give it a week and see how it goes.
Old 08-05-2008, 11:32 AM   #34  
Crystal

S/C/G: 185/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuck in grad school View Post
If you are dealing with high school students, you might also want a small flask to supplement the HNS.
Now that - cracks me up! ROFLMAO
Old 08-05-2008, 11:40 AM   #35  

Quote:
I used my start weight from the day I started MRC this time around. Ironically, it was pretty darn close to the first time around. BUT, my 3FC start weight isn't the same as my center's start weight because I was on plan two weeks before I went in and signed up. Also, I had already lost about 13 lbs from what I think was my highest weight prior to starting MRC (mostly by walking, giving up sodas for Lent, and learning to sleep again--I literally forgot how to sleep during the first two years of grad school, and it stunk!)

Regarding your margarita episode, I feel your pain. You didn't tell any of your friends that their baby brother was a big hairy crybaby, did you? Oh wait...that was me.
Ok, my starting weight at MRC wasn't my heaviest either. There was a long period when I know I weighed over 250 and wouldn't even go near scales. My idea of 'still ok' was as long as I weighed less than my hubby. Pretty sad. When I was heavier, I just wouldn't get on the scales. AS IF that made it ok!!

HAA!!! I'm glad I'm not the only one I'm sure I have embarrassed my husband several times. We typically go to a lot of business meetings with plenty of wine involved. Low carbs & alcohol don't mix for sure.
Old 08-05-2008, 11:48 AM   #36  
One Meal At A Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueyedangel View Post
Now that - cracks me up! ROFLMAO

lol it would be the new got to have drug (MRC)
All the teachers -r- doing it
Old 08-05-2008, 11:50 AM   #37  
One Meal At A Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomoredonuts4me View Post
Hi everyone

For those of you falling off the wagon, consider it practice for maintenance. It's not falling off that's important, it's how quickly you get back on. You are only a meal away from being back on program. Don't wait til the next day or the next Monday to get back on the wagon. Resolve to get back on plan with your next meal. You will gain lifelong success on maintaining your weight if you don't prolong your off plan eating.

I speak from experience. It's so much easier to take the 2-3 pound exit to your u-turn than the 10,20,30 pound exit. I know this all sounds so obvious, but if you are like me, old habits seem to creep back in slowly over time. Our minds can play funny tricks on us. We are so good at rationalizing aren't we? I know I have to make lifelong conscious decisions everyday to live a healthy lifestyle to support a healthy weight. It is so so worth it though. I love the "Freedoms" a healthy body has brought to my life! Now that I have the body I worked so hard to get, I do not want to go backwards. I know you don't either.

Recently, I found myself going back to some of my old bad eating habits. This time has been so different for me. I have been able to make that u-turn early on. I don't beat myself up over bad decisions. I try to learn from them and move on quickly. Each time I do this, it gets easier and easier to pull myself from out of the clutches of old eating habits. I'm actually creating new good habits. This will be a lifelong process for me I know.
I can do this and so can you!!!

Stay Strong

Thanks so much for your support, Getting back on track is one meal away
I love that!!!
Old 08-05-2008, 11:53 AM   #38  
DIANA-Start Date 03/08/08

S/C/G: 243/206/180

Height: 5'4

Good morning everyone!!

Sharon- U R looking good girl CONGRATS!!!

I tell you , if you miss a day on the posts here it is very hard to catch up, Well i have been gone a week so you can imagine how long it will take me to catch up..lol . Quick update last week a very good friend of mine lost her 16 yr old son to gang violence in los angeles..i was devastated, i did stray off plan last week trying to help her with her other children that live here in colorado while she was gone and i gained 4 pounds , i am sure it was water wt because i am already down 2 , i am back on track she returned sunday night and i got right back on plan mon morning!! I should have came here and talked to you all instead of feeling overwhelmed and making poor food choices, i was eating only once a day ,not taking my hns or supplements and really stressing out! I have learned to appreciate my own children 100 x more and have been thanking god i am able to hold them everyday..really makes you think about life, Hope everyone has a great day god bless .
Old 08-05-2008, 12:00 PM   #39  

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexiah View Post
Good morning everyone!!

I tell you , if you miss a day on the posts here it is very hard to catch up, Well i have been gone a week so you can imagine how long it will take me to catch up..lol . Quick update last week a very good friend of mine lost her 16 yr old son to gang violence in los angeles..i was devastated, i did stray off plan last week trying to help her with her other children that live here in colorado while she was gone and i gained 4 pounds , i am sure it was water wt because i am already down 2 , i am back on track she returned sunday night and i got right back on plan mon morning!! I should have came here and talked to you all instead of feeling overwhelmed and making poor food choices, i was eating only once a day ,not taking my hns or supplements and really stressing out! I have learned to appreciate my own children 100 x more and have been thanking god i am able to hold them everyday..really makes you think about life, Hope everyone has a great day god bless .
I am sorry for your friends loss. It really does make you appreciate what you have. Don't sweat the tiny gain. It will come off quickly. Sometimes life just gets in the way of our plans for a bit.
Old 08-05-2008, 12:37 PM   #40  
Crystal

S/C/G: 185/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexiah View Post
Good morning everyone!!

Oh that's horrible for your friend. I cannot even begin to imagine... As for your little gain - I'm sure you're right. I did the same thing the week before last and gained also. It's slowly coming back off. Hang in there.
Old 08-05-2008, 03:07 PM   #41  
Bonnie

S/C/G: 172/see ticker/145

Height: 5' 5.5"

Just a quick note to tell you all that since starting maintenance the end of June I am exactly the same. With the exception of being gone 2.5 weeks I have weighed in every week at almost an identical weight. In a way it's much harder than being on a specific menu (green for me) since there are a lot of choices now. Part of my secret is to try to eat the same breakfast every day. It's really the normal green menu breakfast for me. And lunch is a salad w/ some protein most days. The variable is between meal snacks and dinners. I still weigh most meals too. The fact that I go to wi every week keeps me accountable.
Old 08-05-2008, 04:34 PM   #42  

Diana .... I am so sorry for your friend's loss -- I can't even imagine. I'm glad you were there for support. You're already back on track. We all just do the best we can in any given circumstance. Welcome back.
Old 08-05-2008, 04:45 PM   #43  
Dixie

Height: 5'3"

TV - Kick the Captain Out!!! I'd never survive with him living in my house. Now my mouth is watering

CallMeMom - Congratulations on the 5lb loss - woohoo!!!

Crystal - Congrats on the 2lb loss - I can't wait to get to 30 lost, I notice when they do the tanita my goal weight is changing, it's to 135 now. I'm not surprised even half expected it. Just wish I could pick up the pace.

TheLish
- I can't help my self now I want to call you teacher. Not sure if you have a microwave at school but one of my favorite quick throw down lunches is 4 oz cooked and seasoned chicken, 4 oz frozen greenbeans or steamed cabbage and a creamy chicken HNS. Dump the HNS in with the one dish veggie and chicken, add some water, 6 oz I suppose but I never measure it, heat your one dish in the microwave and you're good to go. It's comfort food I'm telling ya, warm and soothing. Throw in an apple for after lunch and your totally OP
Old 08-05-2008, 05:45 PM   #44  

S/C/G: 285/SEE TICKER/220?

Height: 6'4''

Hi all! Back from my marathon drive to wedding in VA (18 hours round trip). Made good choices most of the time, making the best out of what was offered. Being social events, I couldn't eat before, and wasn't going to bring my own food (I did bring my own snacks for around meals, and easily had 140+ ozs of water daily, all 5 HNS, and all my supplements). Ate at a chinese place for lunch Friday, eating as best I could, but those sauces on there are killer. Friday night did good with a ny strip(trimmed it), and spinach and brocc instead of the potatoe and asagio cheese bread (damn it looked good). Skipped the cheesecake. Sat night I knew I was going off plan. Had piece of cake, and while skipping the bread and pasta, probably ate 20ozs of Prime Rib with horseradish sauce. Knew I was being bad, but figured that was better than a pound of pasta and rolls. Sunday coming back I stopped at a golden corral, and ate a huge salad and roast chicken, but had to pick my poison with their own dressings.

I was actually happy to be even today at WI, I suppose it could have been a lot worse.

I have only lost .5 lbs in the last 8 days though, which is the first time I have really slowed down. Not complaining, just saying.
Old 08-05-2008, 05:47 PM   #45  
Shannon

Quote:
Usually I get to go home for lunch, but I keep a strawberry wafer in my desk drawer in case of emergency. Also, I try to keep a couple of HNS stashed away in my desk. If you are dealing with high school students, you might also want a small flask to supplement the HNS.
You made me giggle out loud! We teachers do drink! We call it Professional Development on Fridays! The sad part is when a high school student ends up being your server! Then you have to pick a new locale!
Closed Thread