Closed Thread

Old 07-25-2008, 11:14 AM   #31  
Judy

S/C/G: 174/ticker/130

Height: 5'2"

Default Keep it up!

Wow, you folks are sure posting some great losses!

JStucky: Way to go. The green menu makes it so much easier, plus you will stay on that for the interim. You will think you have it memorized before you're done, but don't get cocky like I did and "assume" that things are on it (nectarines and plums are NOT!).

Rocki: 2's and mediums. Your name says it all...you ROCK!

Thelish: Glad you cracked that plateau with the 2.5 lb loss. I WI today and am afraid I'm still in my plateau, as my home scale isn't budging.

Shenanigan: Great job avoiding those snacks and scoring the 3.5 lb. loss. Hop back OP and drink lots of water to help counteract your slip. You can do this!

Cheeriloos: I'm so glad you got to sign that 15 lb. board. Ditto my advice to Shenanigan...get back OP so you can sign the 20 lb. board next.

ShineOn: I'm so impressed with your motivation and your courage to run. My husband used to be a runner (until 2 back surgeries forced him to quit), and I remember the runners high he always got from it and how great his legs looked!

Just a quick question to all you root beer float drinkers. What brand root beer are you using? I started drinking them two weeks ago (about the time I started my plateau) and am wondering if there is something in the ingredients that I shouldn't be having. It says it is caffeine and sodium free.

Have a great weekend. We are heading to the beautiful Colorado mountains for 4 days, so I imagine I will have a reading marathon to do when I return just to catch up with all of you.

And one more thing...Denise/Namaste and I were at an MRC class last night on stress. One of the best stress relievers is humor, which takes away a little bit of my remorse about suggesting to you all that we post our favorite cuss words. I can't remember laughing so hard in a long time, so hope it was a helpful stress reliever for all of you, too!

Judy
Gma to 4
Old 07-25-2008, 11:29 AM   #32  

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenanigan View Post
Here is a thought. I was perusing the Diet Direct site where I ordered some HNS drinks. Thy also have food, like vegetarian sloppy joes, etc. has anyone tried these? Are they the same nutritionally as our HNS? Also, can we get HNS from another center? Mine doesn't carry the cappuccino. I could order it with some of the bars. They seem to carry a lot of flavors of those on the site as well. Are they all ok and OP. I will be able to eat the bars in 9 days.
I have tried the Sloppy Joes. I thought they were quite good. It's not much (as is any of the stuff), but I'd eat it at dinner on my toast & it was quite good.

Nutrition Facts:
Amount/Serving:
1 serving=90 Calories
Fat Calories=5

Total Fat - 0.5g
Saturated Fat - 0g
Cholesterol - 0mg
Sodium - 61mg
Potassium - 510mg
Total Carb - 12g
Dietary Fiber - 3g
Sugars- 3g
Protein - 12g
Old 07-25-2008, 12:08 PM   #33  
Becky

S/C/G: 190/190/150

Height: 5' 6.5"

Shenanigan- Great loss! And good job passing up the pizza, it is also a great weakness of mine! And I think as far as cheating go - you didn't do badly at all! My center actually told me if I just HAD to have something to do protien of some sort...so sometimes I'll grab a little chunck of cheese if I'm needing a little something extra.

Strawberry- I started on the internal cleanser (came in my starter pack) I have since ran out of it, but I couldn't tell a difference at all. I had to laugh a bit at the skipping you TOM thing. About 2 yrs ago I actually tried that (used Seasonal pill from my GYN) but along with no TOM I started getting SUPER bad hot flashes! My poor family was not ready for my to start metapause yet! HA HA It took me a while to figure out the hot flashes were related to the Seasonal. So now I'm a little skeptical to try anything else - plus my hubby is "fixed" so it's not really needed either. But hey - I'm all for making my life easier!

Theycallmemom_ Don't feel so bad - I also have a hard time eating everything they want me to eat sometimes...especially the veggies. Just do the best you can.

ShineON- OMG - Running! I'm just like you I havent run since junior high - I've NEVER enjoyed it, it just doesn't feel natural for me. I'm sure I look like a dork when I run. I was doing Curves too till I went back to work in Feb - now I just can't make their hours & my hours work anymore. And I love the base gym - all except trying to find a freakin parking space!! (wow, almost sounds like I'm making up excuses huh?) I don't exercise like I should, but you are inspiring me to give it a better try. My hubby was a runner for years - until he did a "run across Nebraska" thing. He said it burnt him out on it - plus he developed some bad knees.....but I bet when he comes home he'd walk with me! Great job and let us know when you run that 5K!

GradSchool
- I have been taking the cort-thin stuff the whole time....quite honestly I'm afraid to NOT take it! I think it's helping me...

Well - I should go WI today, but I've decided to wait till tomorrow..to try and loss just a bit more maybe - I REALLY want to sign that 20lb board!! I've been doing the MQ (this is second day) and I think I could really get used it doing this! I like the ease of not having to plan so much, but I dislike the thickness of the shakes, kinda like blueyedangle says "it's like drinking cake batter" My question to anyone who might know - why is it only allowed for 7 days? Is that because of the low calories or what? I'm just curious...thanks in advance.
Old 07-25-2008, 12:24 PM   #34  
Shannon

[QUOTE

Well - I should go WI today, but I've decided to wait till tomorrow..to try and loss just a bit more maybe - I REALLY want to sign that 20lb board!! I've been doing the MQ (this is second day) and I think I could really get used it doing this! I like the ease of not having to plan so much, but I dislike the thickness of the shakes, kinda like blueyedangle says "it's like drinking cake batter" My question to anyone who might know - why is it only allowed for 7 days? Is that because of the low calories or what? I'm just curious...thanks in advance.[/QUOTE]

My guess about only allowing it for 7 days is the low calorie content. It cannot have too many calories, it sounds like. Every dietitian/Doctor I have spoken to says that the lower the calories your body gets used to, the lower it will need to lose weight. Then you will be in starvation mode all of the time. So maybe only allowing 7 days never gives your body enough time to get used to that low amount of calories. Just my thoughts.

I have been a total B**ch the last few days. My poor boyfriend is having to deal with me. He is not eating healthy and it is just too hard to be around him eating yummy foods while I am eating chicken and veggies! We are going to a movie tonight and pobably out to eat. I am only on blue menu so what can I have to get my OP dinner in? I know iy won't be totally OP, but a little guide would help me.
Old 07-25-2008, 12:34 PM   #35  
Em

S/C/G: 170

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSTUCKLY View Post
SML Fan here( I need more Cow Bell)
LOL - I can never hear that song on the radio now without thinking about that one!
Old 07-25-2008, 12:47 PM   #36  
Em

Quote:
Originally Posted by momofboys View Post
I dislike the thickness of the shakes, kinda like blueyedangle says "it's like drinking cake batter" My question to anyone who might know - why is it only allowed for 7 days? Is that because of the low calories or what? I'm just curious...thanks in advance.
My center doesn't even give the option of the Metaquick - they don't think it's a good idea. I think because (1) it's too low calorie and (2) they're trying to teach us good eating habits with "real" food as opposed to bars & shakes (might as well be doing Slimfast).

Had a thought about the thickness of the shakes, tho - how about putting them in a blender with some ice & making it more of a smoothie? You could even add your HNS to change up the flavor a bit. Wildberry could be good in chocolate shakes (like a chocolate raspberry flavor), several flavors could be good in the vanilla shakes - wildberry & peach mango come to mind.

I've done that with the EAS advantage shakes sometimes - I had the wildberry shakes that I'd ordered online (that disappointingly aren't the same as the wildberry passion HNS drinks) - I'll add a wildberry shake (100 calories) to the EAS chocolate or vanilla shake (110 calories), whey protein to approximate an HNS, sometimes I'll add some blueberries or strawberries, sometimes little yogurt drink (that's not allowed until you get to stabilization, tho). Comes to around 300 calories or so, depending on what I put in it.

Last edited by Meemo; 07-25-2008 at 10:01 PM.
Old 07-25-2008, 12:53 PM   #37  
Em

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenanigan View Post

I have been a total B**ch the last few days. My poor boyfriend is having to deal with me. He is not eating healthy and it is just too hard to be around him eating yummy foods while I am eating chicken and veggies! We are going to a movie tonight and pobably out to eat. I am only on blue menu so what can I have to get my OP dinner in? I know iy won't be totally OP, but a little guide would help me.
Go someplace like Ruby Tuesday, etc, where you can get grilled fish or chicken breast & steamed broccoli. You can take some melba toast with you.
Old 07-25-2008, 01:31 PM   #38  

[COLOR="Purple"][/COLORI'm so happy for everyone doing so well -- WOW Gina -- running! Awesome. Diana -- you WON! Yay.

I wanted to share that I just ordered a bunch of product on Dietdirect dot com and they have coupon codes depending on how much you order. I had a large order -- totalling $401, but with an over $399 order you can use the code saveme15 and it took $60 (15%) off the order and I got free shipping (over $79). Small orders can use saveme10 and get 10% off. Nice selection of flavors -- the green tea/cranberry -- and I found a smoothie (has 30 more calories -- 90 total but still 15 grams of protein) called green tea blackberry that sounds great. I also like the peach mango concentrate and my center doesn't carry it anymore, but dietdirect does! Can't wait to try them. My guarantee isn't in effect anymore anyway since I took a 3 month "break" -- lol, so I'm ordering my stuff elsewhere.

The good thing, I had a long meeting with a counselor I really like Monday and have been totally OP since ... so I guess I'm finally read to finish this (after many attempts) and am recommitting. I will meet with her again Saturday.

I know this is the way! Now it's up to me.
Old 07-25-2008, 03:09 PM   #39  
Jennifer

S/C/G: 206/187.5/165

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShineOn View Post
I was on-line trying to read up on the nike+. Does anyone use this? I think it would be fun to start tracking the progress right away, but I don't know anyone who has used it or what their thoughts are.
I had to laugh at this because I have a pair of Nikes that has it but I don't really know what it is or how it works. All I know is I bought a cute pair of Nikes to wear with my jeans, and I wear them a lot, they are super comfy. I didn't buy them to work out in though, although they are comfy enough to work out in, but I prefer Asics for my work outs, that is when I used to work out lol.

Anyway, if you find out how to use them let me know!
Old 07-25-2008, 03:23 PM   #40  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 215/see ticker/125ish

Height: 5'2''

Hey all!!! I lost another pound and a half - so thats 3 pounds total!!! Im on the beige menu and my gosh its still so much food! 2 more pounds and I can sign the 5 pound board!!! Isnt it silly - I am looking forward to signing a colored peice of cardboard!!! But in all honesty - for me its like an honor!!! To loose even 5 pounds is such a good feeling!!!!!!
Old 07-25-2008, 03:27 PM   #41  

Quote:
Originally Posted by theycallmemom View Post
Hey all!!! I lost another pound and a half - so thats 3 pounds total!!! Im on the beige menu and my gosh its still so much food! 2 more pounds and I can sign the 5 pound board!!! Isnt it silly - I am looking forward to signing a colored peice of cardboard!!! But in all honesty - for me its like an honor!!! To loose even 5 pounds is such a good feeling!!!!!!
Way to go!! One at a time will get you there. I thought signing the boards was silly at first too, but it really is a motivator.
Old 07-25-2008, 03:33 PM   #42  
Denise

S/C/G: 354/ticker/183

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gma to 4 View Post
And one more thing...Denise/Namaste and I were at an MRC class last night on stress. One of the best stress relievers is humor, which takes away a little bit of my remorse about suggesting to you all that we post our favorite cuss words. I can't remember laughing so hard in a long time, so hope it was a helpful stress reliever for all of you, too!
Judy
Gma to 4[/COLOR]
Oh my gosh! That was the best thing you could have done! I had so much fun with that. And talk about humor, and laughter. That day was full of much laughter. You better not have any remorse over that suggestion or I am gonna kick your a**! HaHa!

LMFAO!
Old 07-25-2008, 03:35 PM   #43  
Denise

S/C/G: 354/ticker/183

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Hey all!!! I lost another pound and a half - so thats 3 pounds total!!!
Congratulations!!!
Old 07-25-2008, 03:44 PM   #44  
One Meal At A Time

S/C/G: 145/ticker/130

Height: 5"5

Quote:
U go girl keep up the good work
Old 07-25-2008, 04:15 PM   #45  
Sandy

S/C/G: 196/see ticker/148 to 151

Height: 5'4"

Default I use Nike +

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShineOn View Post
Donuts, thanks for letting me know what the 5k actually is. I'm so silly, I didn't know it was 3.1 miles. That sounds like something I can achieve. I asked my daughter if she would help me train because I really want to run a 5k. Apparently, she decided that she doesn't like running and stopped doing it last year. But, my brother-in-law just started running and is training for a 5k. We're going to stay with him at the end of August. I really want to be able to run with him (in beautiful Washington State, north of Seattle). I was easily lapped by the other runners today, but I was happily running along at my own pace with a big smile on my face. I can hardly wait to get those georgeous runners legs . And, won't it be fun to run the track on the cruise ship in November. This is going to be so much fun!! A whole new chapter. And extra calories burned, and, and, and .....

I was on-line trying to read up on the nike+. Does anyone use this? I think it would be fun to start tracking the progress right away, but I don't know anyone who has used it or what their thoughts are.
Gina-
I use Nike + and I LOVE IT! You have to have an Ipod and the Nike + shoes. There is a sensor that plugs into the Ipod and a separate one that goes underneath the insole of your shoe. (Theres a hole for it.) I love it for so many reasons!
1. You can "calibrate" it for you. In other words, you turn it on, set the distance you are going to go - say 1/4 mile, then tell it when you are done. Voila. Calibrated for you, and your stride. That way, the next time you use it, IT will tell YOU how far you have run.
2. Set your weight and height and it gives you calories burned.
3. Personal motivational feedback - It was so great the first time I was running and all the sudden the voice of Lance Armstrong comes on and says -"Congratulations - You've just run your fastest mile to date!" ( Or something like that).
4. The POWER SONG. This is a great help to me. I don't know why. Anyway, you can program a power song, and when you need it, you hit a button on your iPod, and your powersong starts immediately. It gives me a great kick when I need it.

These are just some of the reasons I love it, but there are many more. I can tell you, I don't run with out it.

Also, there is a great training program out there for a 5K. Its called Couch Potato to 5K. You can download (print) the 12 week program from here:
http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml
I have done it before and am working on it again. (Currently on week 4). Running is something you will lose it you don't keep it up.
Congrats on the starting to run! It is well worth it!

Update on me -
Had WI today. I have been doing metaquick this week and am down 2 pounds - which is less than I hoped - but I have 2 more days of MQ to go too. I got inches and Tanita done. I have gone from 42.8% Body Fat to 34.6 and BMI from 33.7 to 27.7. Since the start of MRC in March, I have lost a total of 53". WOO HOO! I am not doing as bad as I thought.
I also found out today that the August stabilization party isn't until August 11th, so I should be able to get to 157 or below by then. Looks like I won't have to re-sign after all!

Congrats on everyone else's great losses! Its the weekend, so lets all do our best to stay OP! I know I will, and I will be definately exercising! 17 days until stabilization! I want to see just how good I can make these days!
Closed Thread