Closed Thread

Old 07-24-2008, 09:46 PM   #16  
Gina

S/C/G: 261/see ticker/180

Height: 5'8"

Hi Bonnie! Welcome home!! It’s so great to have you back and you did awesome on your trip. Sounds like you really enjoyed the whole experience.

Shenanigan, I drink approximately half the bottle then just pour the powder in. People always ask what it is and I just say it's whey protein. Most know that helps build muscle. If they ask more, I just say it helps keep my metabolism revered up between meals or I’m diabetic and it helps between meals. Pretty soon, you’re going to look so fabulous, they'll want to know all about what you’re doing. I found that I was a walking example long before the questions started. Great NSV today – pizza is the hardest thing for me to pass on. Just read your new post. Think over the situation, then just recover. Drink extra water, maybe get an extra workout in or go for a walk. Press on, we can’t all be perfect, how quickly you recover is what matters.

Cheeriloos – just make a U turn! What’s done is done.

Jennifer – I lost the first 70 or so pounds with just taking the multi-vitamin & flax. I just added Corti-trim and MRC-6 the last few months to help take the edge off. I was getting really hungry – probably just mentally rebellious! Anyway, I noticed a difference right away and seem to have an easier time now. But different pills affect people differently. I just wanted to prove I could do it without help in the beginning. I also swallow my pills with the HNS, seems to help it go down easier.

Theycallmemom – sorry to hear about the personal problems. I find in times of crisis, it’s more important than ever to stay on plan – the food becomes less about eating and more about nutrition. Just keep yourself strong, that’s the best way you can help your family.

Great job on the weight loss Finz, Jstuckly, thelish, shenanigan! You girls rock!

Ok, I'm just bursting! I actually RAN today!! I'm 43 and haven't ran since I was 14 (Dr's orders, thought it would be bad for my back). Anyway, I was on my way to Curves and decided to go to the gym and run instead. I've been mentally psyching myself up for weeks. I got in and stretched. I was telling myself, run 1 min and walk 2. I met a girl with really bad scoliosis - one hip is 3 inches higher than the other - and she started running with the run 1 walk 2 method and now she runs marathons. Our base gym is huge and the track is .4 miles long (I thought it was .3), so I started off and thought this isn't so bad, maybe I can make it half way around and then walk half. I hit the half way point and thought I'll keep going, at the 2nd lap I was really thinking I could make the full mile. I made it a full 3 laps - 1.2 miles before I started walking!!!! Then I walked 1, ran 1 more and walked a half lap before I started the upper body weight training. I had the biggest smile on my face. It was all I could do not to jump up and down and do the happy dance when I was done - I did a total of 2.2 miles. I'm still on a high! And I can't believe how much my inner thighs hurt - yes, I did a lot of stretches afterwards. I can hardly wait to run again - who would of thought! I'll wait a day to give my body a chance to recover. Anyway, sorry for all the detail - I was mentally high fiving my MRC runners out there! Thanks for inspiring me Donuts.

Last edited by ShineOn; 07-24-2008 at 09:49 PM.
Old 07-24-2008, 10:15 PM   #17  
DIANA-Start Date 03/08/08

S/C/G: 243/206/180

Height: 5'4

You go SHINE ON!! I am so proud of you that is great i cant wait until i can run a mile without stopping and you did 2+ Thats awsome!! U go girl
Old 07-24-2008, 10:24 PM   #18  
Shannon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShineOn;2285365

[B
Shenanigan[/B], I drink approximately half the bottle then just pour the powder in. People always ask what it is and I just say it's whey protein. Most know that helps build muscle. If they ask more, I just say it helps keep my metabolism revered up between meals or I’m diabetic and it helps between meals. Pretty soon, you’re going to look so fabulous, they'll want to know all about what you’re doing. I found that I was a walking example long before the questions started. Great NSV today – pizza is the hardest thing for me to pass on. Just read your new post. Think over the situation, then just recover. Drink extra water, maybe get an extra workout in or go for a walk. Press on, we can’t all be perfect, how quickly you recover is what matters.
[/B].
Thanks for the vote of confidence. I went ahead and just ate an OP dinner an tried to forget it ever happened. I guess I could have done worse, huh? If those sweet foods had been in the house, it would have been dangerous! I will start fresh tomorrow and drink some extra water tonight.
Old 07-24-2008, 10:24 PM   #19  

Height: 5'5

Shine On How cool, running!!! Way to Be!
Old 07-24-2008, 10:30 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 217/ticker/170

Gina-Wow! That's awesome! I'm so proud of you! And, I agree...Donuts is an inspiration! I actually started a bucket list way back in junior high, and one of the things on it is to run in a 10K. I still want to do it! Keep us posted on your workout progression!

Momofboys-I agree with Judy. Your weight loss for the time you've been on program is really amazing. I was looking at the alternative HNS thread this evening and saw that you started on Cortislim immediately. Have you been on it consistently this whole time?

Meemo-Where do you buy your unflavored whey protein? I looked online and felt completely overwhelmed by all the flavors available and various sizes and what-not.

I've seen some chatter in recent days about the Enhancer. I inherited a bottle of that with some other supplements, but I'm not sure how to take it. For those of you who have been taking it, do you really take it an hour before you eat? I'm barely lucid when I head out the door for my morning walk, and I haven't started it because I know I won't be able to remember it that early every morning. I think if I took it after I got back from the walk and then had to wait an hour before eating, I'd probably go mad from hunger.

The jury is still out on my week of incremental weight gain. I stepped on the scale this evening to see if it might look like it was going down, but it still seems a little high. Guess I'll have to be patient and see what tomorrow brings. I really think the sushi is only partially to blame because I had already been gaining weight for two days before I had it. I realized today, though, that I've been hitting the ibuprofen pretty hard for several days, and I think Meemo mentioned something about motrin causing water retention. I don't think I've had any today, though, so maybe that will make a difference.
Old 07-24-2008, 10:52 PM   #21  
Em

S/C/G: 170

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheeriloos View Post
Hey you guys I got to sign the 15 pound board today but it just doesnt feel right. The last two nights for dinner I wanted sugar so I had the meal replacement bars instead of dinner and then today for dinner I went nutso and had chocolate milk and beef stirfry with tons of soy sauce. I had my first slip and the only thing about it is I knew and thought about it before I ate it and just did anyway. Now I feel like I'm gonna gain for my next WI and I feel like a ****** is this normal to do to yourself??
The good news is you have time to recover from your dinner choice tonight. Make that U-turn Denise talks about - don't keep going down the road of bad choices - get right back on the wagon tomorrow & you'll be just fine. Drink extra water, too, to help flush that soy sauce from your system.

And yes, since we're all human, we all make the occasional bad choices. What counts is what we do AFTER making those bad choices.

Last edited by Meemo; 07-24-2008 at 10:53 PM.
Old 07-24-2008, 11:06 PM   #22  
Super Maintainer

S/C/G: 357/197/maintaining

Height: 6'0"

ShineON, Woo Hooooo!!!
Way to go! It won't be long before you are up to the 5K level (3.1 miles)
You just made my day. I can feel the excitement in the room.
Old 07-24-2008, 11:19 PM   #23  
Em

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberryrhubarbpie View Post
Does anyone take the internal cleanser? I got a bottle of it from the starter pack I purchased, but I've just now started taking it. Was just wondering if they really help or not.

And the MRC-6, do these really help? I'm a little skeptical... I haven't been consistent with them, you are supposed to take 2 with every meal but I seem to always forget to take them for one meal a day, so I'm only taking them 2 times a day instead of 3 times a day, so I'm probably wasting my money doing it like this since they aren't getting to my system like they're supposed to.

I don't know, I guess I'm starting to get 'pilled' out. I feel like I'm constantly popping pills!! And I'm not a good pill taker, I usually feel nauseated when I take any type of pill, and it feels worse when I'm hungry. Meemo, wasn't it you that said you didn't take any pills besides the multi-vitamin and flax?

Oh and I wanted to ask - ok this is kind of personal and I hope I don't offend anyone with this - but for those of you who have a hard time with TOM, have you ever thought about skipping them completely? That's what I do, for 3 months at a time, then I'll have it. You can use the NuvaRing if you don't want to be on the pill. Anyway, just a thought...
I've never taken the internal cleanser so I'm no help there.

Wasn't me taking only multi & flax. Goal4Life maybe? And Gina started off using the minimal stuff too.

I had to laugh about skipping the periods - made me think of the Sat Night Live "commercial" about having one period - "hang on, because when it does come it's gonna knock your hat off..." - cracks me up!
http://www.nbc.com/Saturday_Night_Li...tml?mea=221774
Old 07-24-2008, 11:22 PM   #24  
Em

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenanigan View Post
Dang it! I just went off plan and ate when I wasn't supposed to! I told you all I have been starving for 5 days. Dang it. I ate about 2 oz of chicken left over grilled chix, 1 cup of cottage cheese, 1 piece of cheese, and about 3 pretzel crisps. UGH! I am just so hungry! I keep sounding like a broken record I know. I have been drinking max on fiber fill and HNS. Is this self-sabotage? Is got a great report today at WI so I decide i can "cheat"? Is there a bright side to this debacle?
Denise, I am using a lot of inappropriate words right now! I am so disappointed in myself!
Have you tried the hoodia? Pick up some at WalMart, Sam's, wherever. See if it helps curb your hunger.
Old 07-24-2008, 11:22 PM   #25  
Gina

S/C/G: 261/see ticker/180

Height: 5'8"

Donuts, thanks for letting me know what the 5k actually is. I'm so silly, I didn't know it was 3.1 miles. That sounds like something I can achieve. I asked my daughter if she would help me train because I really want to run a 5k. Apparently, she decided that she doesn't like running and stopped doing it last year. But, my brother-in-law just started running and is training for a 5k. We're going to stay with him at the end of August. I really want to be able to run with him (in beautiful Washington State, north of Seattle). I was easily lapped by the other runners today, but I was happily running along at my own pace with a big smile on my face. I can hardly wait to get those georgeous runners legs . And, won't it be fun to run the track on the cruise ship in November. This is going to be so much fun!! A whole new chapter. And extra calories burned, and, and, and .....

I was on-line trying to read up on the nike+. Does anyone use this? I think it would be fun to start tracking the progress right away, but I don't know anyone who has used it or what their thoughts are.

Last edited by ShineOn; 07-24-2008 at 11:24 PM.
Old 07-24-2008, 11:24 PM   #26  
Shannon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meemo View Post
I've never taken the internal cleanser so I'm no help there.

Wasn't me taking only multi & flax. Goal4Life maybe? And Gina started off using the minimal stuff too.

I had to laugh about skipping the periods - made me think of the Sat Night Live "commercial" about having one period - "hang on, because when it does come it's gonna knock your hat off..." - cracks me up!
http://www.nbc.com/Saturday_Night_Li...tml?mea=221774
That SNL commercial cracks me up too!
Old 07-24-2008, 11:34 PM   #27  
Em

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuck in grad school View Post
Meemo-Where do you buy your unflavored whey protein? I looked online and felt completely overwhelmed by all the flavors available and various sizes and what-not.

The jury is still out on my week of incremental weight gain. I stepped on the scale this evening to see if it might look like it was going down, but it still seems a little high. Guess I'll have to be patient and see what tomorrow brings. I really think the sushi is only partially to blame because I had already been gaining weight for two days before I had it. I realized today, though, that I've been hitting the ibuprofen pretty hard for several days, and I think Meemo mentioned something about motrin causing water retention. I don't think I've had any today, though, so maybe that will make a difference.
I get my whey protein at GNC - it comes in a pouch with a ziploc at the top.
http://www.gnc.com/product/index.jsp...entPage=family

And yes, I have found that Motrin makes me retain water. That could well be part of it.

Last edited by Meemo; 07-24-2008 at 11:38 PM.
Old 07-24-2008, 11:39 PM   #28  
Shannon

Here is a thought. I was perusing the Diet Direct site where I ordered some HNS drinks. Thy also have food, like vegetarian sloppy joes, etc. has anyone tried these? Are they the same nutritionally as our HNS? Also, can we get HNS from another center? Mine doesn't carry the cappuccino. I could order it with some of the bars. They seem to carry a lot of flavors of those on the site as well. Are they all ok and OP. I will be able to eat the bars in 9 days.
Old 07-24-2008, 11:49 PM   #29  
Em

Quote:
Here is a thought. I was perusing the Diet Direct site where I ordered some HNS drinks. Thy also have food, like vegetarian sloppy joes, etc. has anyone tried these? Are they the same nutritionally as our HNS? Also, can we get HNS from another center? Mine doesn't carry the cappuccino. I could order it with some of the bars. They seem to carry a lot of flavors of those on the site as well. Are they all ok and OP. I will be able to eat the bars in 9 days.
I think the things like the sloppy joes are actual meals - not the same as the HNS. Don't know why you couldn't get your HNS from another center as long as they can verify that you're a paying client at your center.

Personally, I didn't care that much for the bars, never bought them after my initial boxes were gone from my "starter kit". So I'm not that familiar with them. But if you want them for convenience, I'd stick with the ones that seem to be like what you can get at MRC just to be sure you're getting something similar.
Old 07-25-2008, 10:58 AM   #30  
One Meal At A Time

S/C/G: 145/ticker/130

Height: 5"5

Quote:
That SNL commercial cracks me up too!

SML Fan here( I need more Cow Bell)
Closed Thread