Closed Thread

Old 08-30-2008, 05:42 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 211/171/142

Height: 5'7"

Default thanks

Thanks so much for all the advice! I started preconditioning on August 1, and my official program a few days later. I have lost 18lbs so far and am LOVING it. I don't feel hungry. I am so focused on the next few months. I am just looking at it as my job to lose this weight and be focused. My original goal was to lose 69lbs, so 51 more! I can't wait! I am taking flax, and multi-vitamin and the MRC 6. I am going to wait to try anything else until I need it!

Aspen
Old 08-30-2008, 08:43 PM   #47  

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4littleboys View Post
Thanks so much for all the advice! I started preconditioning on August 1, and my official program a few days later. I have lost 18lbs so far and am LOVING it. I don't feel hungry. I am so focused on the next few months. I am just looking at it as my job to lose this weight and be focused. My original goal was to lose 69lbs, so 51 more! I can't wait! I am taking flax, and multi-vitamin and the MRC 6. I am going to wait to try anything else until I need it!

Aspen
WOW! 18 lbs. in one month is AWESOME
Old 08-30-2008, 10:52 PM   #48  
Auntie Weiz

S/C/G: 279/236/150

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4littleboys View Post

Aspen
Aspen WOW Congrats for you! !8 #s what a motivator, I had a rough start with MRC, although I am getting the hang of it now.....

Good for you... keep going!
Old 09-11-2008, 08:36 PM   #49  
Em

S/C/G: 170

Height: 5'6"

bumping my own thread...how's that for ego???
Old 09-28-2008, 11:12 PM   #50  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meemo View Post
I was used to aol message boards so this one was confusing for me at first - in fact I still don't understand everything.

When you answer a message, if you want to quote it, click on the "quote" icon in the bottom right corner of that message. You can delete parts of the message & just leave what you're addressing if you like. That way people know which message you're responding to. That's probably the easiest way, too, to make sure you're still posting in the same thread of messages.

The "take" threads (we started with one thread, then moved on to Take Two, Three, etc & now we're on Take 20) are kind of general conversational threads. The others are more specific, like this one for advice for newbies.

There's a rule now within the forum, you have to have posted for 30 days, I think, or a certain number of posts, I forget which, before you can have a weight loss ticker, etc. I think it's to discourage spammers. Hang with us - we're a good group & there's lots of good support here!
I am new also, in my fifth day. I was doing great but ate a meal replacement bar tonight...will get back on tomorrow. Any suggestions for us "sweet tooth" people?? This forum is a great tool and helpful for me. Thanks Meemo for your input.
Old 09-29-2008, 10:15 PM   #51  
Started Precon 6/29/11

S/C/G: 227/see ticker/145

Height: 5'8"

Don't beat yourself up. You don't have to be perfect (not that it's an excuse to make poor choices), and a meal replacement bar is not as bad as eating something completely OP. My center people tell me they would rather have me eat an extra bar for lunch (I'm on campus all day, so lunch is rough for me) than go off plan. I try not to, but if I have to, it's better than the slice of pizza from the cafeteria! Anyway, good luck with the rest of your week!
Old 09-30-2008, 02:56 PM   #52  

S/C/G: 217/217/175

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmycats View Post
I am new also, in my fifth day. I was doing great but ate a meal replacement bar tonight...will get back on tomorrow. Any suggestions for us "sweet tooth" people?? This forum is a great tool and helpful for me. Thanks Meemo for your input.
I have found that the sweets haven't been tempting. If I have that late afternoon crunch I use the soy crisps or have a pudding! But that is only if I didn't have the cappacino for breakfast. I try to save them now if I need that sweet in the afternoon. Hubby and the kids bought a Chocolate cream pie this weekend and I wasn't even tempted! YEAH!!! But those silly pillsbury halloween cookies have been haunting me! But I have resisited
Old 10-06-2008, 12:06 PM   #53  

Thumbs up Starting today....

Hello ladies...

I am starting pre-conditioning today!... I visited the center for the first time on Saturday (Oct 04, 08).
I need all the motivation I can get....

I am ready!

Any words of wisdom?
Old 10-06-2008, 12:26 PM   #54  

S/C/G: 238.5/155.5/160

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by redtequila View Post
Hello ladies...

I am starting pre-conditioning today!... I visited the center for the first time on Saturday (Oct 04, 08).
I need all the motivation I can get....

I am ready!

Any words of wisdom?
Welcome, Redtequila! I still consider myself a newbie also. I joined on 9/9 and officially started my beige menu on the 13th. It's hard to believe I've almost made it a month already. Best advice I have is to read a lot of old posts. Everyone here is full of wisdom and encouragement. It's fun to see how much everyone else has lost and to see that we all go through the same struggles (ie temptations, plateaus, etc.) The first 10 days are the hardest. It took a little while for me to find things I like that were on my menu. Once I did, it was a challenge to get the routine down of fixing food for my family and food for me. I've gotten into the groove now though so it isn't as much of a struggle. Right now the main thing for you is to cut back on the caffeine and sugar so you don't have headaches, etc. and to get used to drinking the water. I lost 3 lbs. during my pre-conditioning so that was nice. Good luck and keep postin!
Old 10-07-2008, 11:21 AM   #55  

S/C/G: 240/see ticker/150

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKRiley View Post
Meemo, When I started the program I started with all the supplements they suggested including the 4 drinks per day. I lost 9lbs in 8 days then stopped losing. I have been sitting on the same number since last Wednesday. Can you tell me how long the plateau lasts and is there anything I can do to get over the hump? I did start excercising but here I sit on the same 171 I was at last Wednesday. Any suggestiongs?
I am in the same position. I know I am PMSing. It has been hard to stay OP this weekend. I am still stuck at the same 5.5 lb weight loss since week one. In fact, I go to wi today and I might be up a pound.
HELP!
Old 10-07-2008, 11:24 AM   #56  

Thanks for the newbie thread. It is very helpful
Old 10-07-2008, 02:24 PM   #57  

Has anyone actually gained weight during the pms TOM?
I am on day 11 today. The first few days went fine. I lost 5.5 lbs. Then all of a sudden I am starving, finding it hard to stay OP. I have gained 1.5lbs during the last few days.
Any advice?
Old 10-07-2008, 02:34 PM   #58  

S/C/G: 238.5/155.5/160

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by fattgirl View Post
Has anyone actually gained weight during the pms TOM?
I am on day 11 today. The first few days went fine. I lost 5.5 lbs. Then all of a sudden I am starving, finding it hard to stay OP. I have gained 1.5lbs during the last few days.
Any advice?
I didn't gain weight but I was extremely hungry and my loss slowed down. I used an extra HNS to help fight the hunger. You can also have 3 fiberfills a day which help with hunger also and they taste yummy too!
Old 10-07-2008, 04:15 PM   #59  
Gina

S/C/G: 261/see ticker/180

Height: 5'8"

I usually stall during TOM and fight with the hunger. Keepinon is right - use an extra HNS & up the water. I crave chocolate, so I'll make the death by chocolate smoothie which helps a lot, plus the pudding and soy mini crisps and the chocolate mint meal replacement bar (cut into little pieces and freeze) 1 or 2 pieces will take the edge off for me. With all that said - you are right in the pocket for hitting your first plateau (7 - 10 days). Think of it as the little devil on your shoulder he's doing everything he can to get you to cave and go back to the way you were eating before. Resist the urge and push through. The great news about my plateau's is I always had a great loss when it was done. Hang in there and let the angel on the other shoulder win!!

Last edited by ShineOn; 10-07-2008 at 04:16 PM.
Old 10-09-2008, 11:00 PM   #60  
repeater

S/C/G: 213.7/212.4 /145

Height: 5"7

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShineOn View Post
I usually stall during TOM and fight with the hunger. Keepinon is right - use an extra HNS & up the water. I crave chocolate, so I'll make the death by chocolate smoothie which helps a lot, plus the pudding and soy mini crisps and the chocolate mint meal replacement bar (cut into little pieces and freeze) 1 or 2 pieces will take the edge off for me. With all that said - you are right in the pocket for hitting your first plateau (7 - 10 days). Think of it as the little devil on your shoulder he's doing everything he can to get you to cave and go back to the way you were eating before. Resist the urge and push through. The great news about my plateau's is I always had a great loss when it was done. Hang in there and let the angel on the other shoulder win!!
i loved your analogy with the devil on your shoulder...and letting the angel on the other shoulder win.!!! i am battling getting back on program and just feeling defeated like i will never win this weight loss battlle...i am a spiritual person...i need to apply this kind of like a spiritual war fare..who's going to win? thanks for your insight on that.
Closed Thread