Closed Thread

Old 10-08-2008, 10:57 AM   #181  

S/C/G: 205.5/171.5/145

Height: 5'4.5"

Just got this recipe in the e-newsletter today. I am going to try it!!

Spiced Mocha Coffee

1 pkg MRC Creamy Hot Cocoa
8 oz. Hot Coffee
1 pkg. Splenda
Dash of: nutmeg, cinnamon, cloves or pumpkin pie spice

Blend and serve hot - Enjoy!
Old 10-08-2008, 01:01 PM   #182  
Em

S/C/G: 170

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamperedmomoftwins View Post

Spiced Mocha Coffee

8 oz. Hot Coffee
1 pkg. Splenda

That's my favorite way to have the creamy hot cocoa HNS - mixing it with coffee. It's also good to add a little mint extract to it (makes it like the Peppermint Mocha you get at Starbuck's around Christmas).
Another hot drink with HNS now that the weather's cooling off (for some of y'all, anyway) - mix an orange HNS with hot water & some of those same spices (nutmeg, cinnamon, etc - or now there's a Chai spice that's really yummy) - and sometimes after mixing I'll add a decaf green tea bag as well to get the benefits of the green tea.

Last edited by Meemo; 10-08-2008 at 01:03 PM.
Old 10-13-2008, 02:55 PM   #183  

S/C/G: 234/seetracker/170

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamperedmomoftwins View Post

Spiced Mocha Coffee

8 oz. Hot Coffee
1 pkg. Splenda

How do you get the e news letter??
Old 10-13-2008, 10:51 PM   #184  

S/C/G: 319/see ticker/180

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeepinOnandOn View Post
Just thought I would post this pancake recipe that my mom came up with. I know there's one in the cookbook but this one doesn't require using your creamy for the day. I had so much trouble with breakfast and all the eggs in the beginning since I don't like cottage cheese so this has been a life saver for me! You can't taste the cottage cheese in this recipe.

Pancakes

2 pkgs Splenda
1 egg
1/8 C. oatmeal
3 oz. cottage cheese
1/8 tsp. cinnamon (I add a little more because I love it)
1/4 tsp. flavoring of choice (I use vanilla)

Combine all in blender and blend until smooth. Makes 2 nice size pancakes. I use Walden Farms syrup to top it off.

Works great in the Magic Bullet.
KeepinOnandOn - Thank you for this recipe! I have been desperate for a make-ahead breakfast. I never have a lot of time in the morning, I'm not an egg lover & my center told me I can't have a meal replacement bar two days in a row. I tried the pancake recipe in the book and hated it. These pancakes are wonderful! I tripled the recipe this morning so I have some for later in the week.

All - Any other ideas for make-ahead breakfast that isnt all eggy?
Old 10-14-2008, 09:15 AM   #185  

S/C/G: 238.5/155.5/160

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel View Post
KeepinOnandOn - Thank you for this recipe! I have been desperate for a make-ahead breakfast. I never have a lot of time in the morning, I'm not an egg lover & my center told me I can't have a meal replacement bar two days in a row. I tried the pancake recipe in the book and hated it. These pancakes are wonderful! I tripled the recipe this morning so I have some for later in the week.

You're welcome. Wish I could take the credit though. It was my mom's recipe. I feel the same way you do about the eggs. I can handle them a couple of times a week, but certainly not everyday. Between the bars (which I save to only eat at breakfast 3x per week) and the pancakes I only have to have eggs once or twice a week. It has helped me so much! Did you get the Walden's syrup to go along with them?

I noticed you're in Omaha. Do you go to the Omaha center or Bellevue?
Old 10-14-2008, 10:25 AM   #186  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel View Post

This looks AWSOME, but i do have a question... Isn't our serving for the oatmeal 1/4 C?, and we only use 1/8 C oatmeal in this recipie? Does this recipie make your entire breakfast? Does the protien of 1 egg and 3 oz of cottage cheese make the 4 oz or 6 oz of protien?
I want to try this but I need to know what this replaces...
Thanks so much.
Old 10-14-2008, 10:27 AM   #187  

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKRiley View Post
I take 4oz leftover spaghetti squash, 2 oz tuna and 1 oz cheddar and make mock tuna casserole. It really is quite satisfying.
Whats the best way to initally cook the spaghetti squash so you can use it in recipies like this?
Old 10-14-2008, 01:35 PM   #188  
fab4two

S/C/G: 289/277/165

I just made the Italian Eggplant Stew recipe from the cookbook......YUM!!!
Old 10-14-2008, 01:39 PM   #189  
fab4two

S/C/G: 289/277/165

I cut it in half (length wise), lay it face down (skin sticking up) on a cookie sheet and bake in the oven approximately 45 minutes.
Check it to see it insides are soft and seperate in 'strings' then scoop out with a spoon and fluff to seperate.
:0)
Old 10-14-2008, 03:35 PM   #190  

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraSerendipity View Post
This looks AWSOME, but i do have a question... Isn't our serving for the oatmeal 1/4 C?, and we only use 1/8 C oatmeal in this recipie? Does this recipie make your entire breakfast? Does the protien of 1 egg and 3 oz of cottage cheese make the 4 oz or 6 oz of protien?
I want to try this but I need to know what this replaces...
Thanks so much.
Yes, we do get 1/4 C. cooked oatmeal. You add the 1/8 C. uncooked oatmeal and it makes 1/4 C. after it's cooked so it is your full bread for the morning. The protein is for the 6 oz. menu so that is all you eat for breakfast. Since you are allowed 2 eggs or 6 ozs. of cottage cheese we took 1/2 of both to get the full amount of protein. If you can only have 4 oz. protein, maybe decrease the amount of cottage cheese. Hope you enjoy them!
Old 10-14-2008, 03:55 PM   #191  

Quote:
Yes, we do get 1/4 C. cooked oatmeal. You add the 1/8 C. uncooked oatmeal and it makes 1/4 C. after it's cooked so it is your full bread for the morning. The protein is for the 6 oz. menu so that is all you eat for breakfast. Since you are allowed 2 eggs or 6 ozs. of cottage cheese we took 1/2 of both to get the full amount of protein. If you can only have 4 oz. protein, maybe decrease the amount of cottage cheese. Hope you enjoy them!
Thank you! I am excited to try it, I have been making oatmeal wrong.. I had been using 1/4 C uncooked.. OOPS!!
Now i need to figure out what syrup to use... I can't find the walden farms
Old 10-14-2008, 10:26 PM   #192  

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraSerendipity View Post
Thank you! I am excited to try it, I have been making oatmeal wrong.. I had been using 1/4 C uncooked.. OOPS!!
Now i need to figure out what syrup to use... I can't find the walden farms
Did you check in the health food section of your grocery stores? Some of them keep the Walden Farms stuff there and others integrate them into the regular aisles. One of our stores has the dressing with the other dressings and all the other stuff in the health food section Let me know what you think after you make the pancakes!
Old 10-14-2008, 11:37 PM   #193  

S/C/G: 319/see ticker/180

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
You're welcome. Wish I could take the credit though. It was my mom's recipe. I feel the same way you do about the eggs. I can handle them a couple of times a week, but certainly not everyday. Between the bars (which I save to only eat at breakfast 3x per week) and the pancakes I only have to have eggs once or twice a week. It has helped me so much! Did you get the Walden's syrup to go along with them?

I noticed you're in Omaha. Do you go to the Omaha center or Bellevue?
Well, thank your mom for me - these pancakes have seriously saved my life. I have not tried the Walden Farms syrup yet - I used the sugar free Smuckers that I already had (probably totally off plan). Today I just ate them with ICBINB (still really good). I will check my HyVee's health food section tomorrow.

I am in Omaha. Luckily, the Omaha center is only 4 minutes away.
Old 10-15-2008, 10:48 AM   #194  

Quote:
Did you check in the health food section of your grocery stores? Some of them keep the Walden Farms stuff there and others integrate them into the regular aisles. One of our stores has the dressing with the other dressings and all the other stuff in the health food section Let me know what you think after you make the pancakes!
I will have to check! The grocery store ( Albertsons) where i was able to find the dressings they are in with all the rest of the dressing, i will have to chek the health food section and also check at vitamin cottage, i'm sure if anyone is to have it they will. I love Vitamin cottage!!!
Thank you
Old 10-15-2008, 01:41 PM   #195  

Quote:
Originally Posted by namaste View Post
Chile Relleno Casserole

1 1/2 cup low fat cottage cheese
8 egg whites
1 cup of grated cheese
1/2 cup of green chiles
1/4 cup chopped green onions
Dash of Tabasco sauce (optional)
Crushed red pepper flakes (optional)

Blend cottage cheese, egg whites, and grated cheese. Add green chiles. Spray 8x8 glass casserole dish with Pam. Pour in mixture. Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.

Makes 4 servings (Meta-Slim) or 3 servings (Meta-Slim Plus).
Serve with Salsa, or Salad.
Counts as a Group Two serving because of the fat.
Looking back at this.. SO i'm not seeing any carbs, would this be a lunch thing and add fruit, or dinner and add maybe one of the tortillas to have as a chip with the salsa as your veggie serving. I also see on the salsa recipie 4 oz of salsa does not count as the whole veggie serving.. So if you were going to have this how much salsa or salad would you need to get enough veggies?
Closed Thread