Closed Thread

Old 11-10-2008, 12:08 PM   #106  
Wastin' Away Again!

S/C/G: 192/170/130

Height: 5'3" 50 years old

Ashley - I'm on the MF forum, but I admit I don't visit it as much as I do here.

Lisa, I do my meals like this:

7am
10am

Lunch Noonish

2pm
4pm

Dinner 6pmish

...and I have an extra little snack when I feel I need it... usually a couple of pickle spears, or 5 green olives. There's a roadside produce stand near my home that has the BEST jalapeno-stuffed olives... OMG, they are SO good! - and 5 of those or a couple of pickle spears usually heads off whatever craving I have. And I find if I eat mostly ever 2 hours, by the time evening (dinner time-ish) rolls around, I'm not famished.

This program is definitely working for me... altho I do sometimes miss macaroni & cheese... but today is my one week mark, & I'm down 5 pounds. Yay! Somebody do the banana dance with me!!!
Old 11-10-2008, 12:32 PM   #107  
Blue Blood

S/C/G: 293/274/150

Height: 5'10"

Missy- Hang in there...it does get better. It takes time. You have a lot to deal with so give yourself a break if it gets to you every once in a while. That is the beauty of woman...We can break down in tears and be a sobbing mess and it never affects our strength! You CCAN do this and you WILL be ok!

Susan-The new bars are FANTASTIC! I only had one chocolate mint...but I wanted to eat the whole box...Kinda dangerous! I have to save the rest since I got them so that I would have something prtable to try to stay as close to OP as possible in Vegas...So let us know how the other flavors are!

Ashley- I have posted a few times at the Medifast board...Mostly when I needed a question answered by the nutritionist. I just find it cumbersome to navigate. Maybe it's just me and the fact that I am used to 3FC. I rarly get over to the Medifast boards. Also...I like some of the relationships that I have developed with people outside the Medifast forum that will be important AM (after Medifast) When I re-learn how to eat healthy.

Beachy- You are doing so well! I am very happy for you!

Have a great week all...

DJ
Old 11-10-2008, 12:44 PM   #108  
Let's go LEAN!

S/C/G: 185/ticker/140

Height: 5'3"

Talking

Great loss, Beachy! 5 lbs. for me too. I've got TOM/PMS so I'm hoping I may have lost a bit more but not yet seeing it. Either way, I'm happy with 5 lbs, and you should be thrilled!

I got some "cat-calls" on the street this morning, walking my dog. I think it was the universe's way of giving me the "thumbs up". I've not had any truck honks like this in a while, not that I welcome them! I'm sure the black form-fitting suit had alot to do with it.

I want my signature and my ticker.

Have a great MF day, all! Off to a mediation.

Last edited by AshleyA; 11-10-2008 at 12:51 PM.
Old 11-10-2008, 12:53 PM   #109  
Let's go LEAN!

Testing....
Old 11-10-2008, 01:07 PM   #110  
Blue Blood

WooHoo! Look at Miss Ashley with a 5lb. loss and a Ticker!!!
Congratulations!
Old 11-10-2008, 01:51 PM   #111  
DanLovesMedifast

S/C/G: 358/265.8/159

Height: 6

Hi Everyone! Welcome Texas Mom! Congrats to all your Losers! I am with you! Down 1.8 this week to make it officially over 100 lbs gone in 5 Months! You gotta LOVE Medifast! Woo hoo!

Sounds like everyone is doing super!

Let's all keep up our hard work! WE can do this! Dan-O
Old 11-10-2008, 02:09 PM   #112  
Wastin' Away Again!

Wow... I've been hit suddenly with a HUNGER WAVE this afternoon. My tummy is growling like crazy! ....and I have already had my "snackage" for the day, & it's time for a shake... I hope I feel "full" til dinnertime... and then I get a "pudd'n" for evening snackage
Old 11-10-2008, 05:35 PM   #113  
Blue Blood

Beachy- Quick...dirnk lots of water! This will pass and it will be time to eat again before you know it!
Old 11-10-2008, 06:11 PM   #114  
I Can Do This

S/C/G: 209/186/160

Height: 5'4"

Djay-The bars arrived and I tried the Caramel Crunch, it was crunchy but the taste was just OK. I also got the chocolate mint, I hope that one is better.
So far my favorite is ther original Oatmeal Raisin bar.
Old 11-10-2008, 07:52 PM   #115  
Blue Blood

Susan- Well that is disappointing to hear about the carmel ones. I was looking forward to those next.

I did get the beef stew in my order this time. I can't believe that I never tried this! It has become my new favorite soup! It's almost hearty!
Old 11-10-2008, 08:10 PM   #116  
Oh yeah? Just watch me!

S/C/G: 219/see ticker/140

Height: 5'6"

Djay, thanks for the words of hope and wisdom. I know Im a rock'n strong girl, I just get down sometimes, right? LOL I love the comments about the new bars... dont make 'em too good!

Thanks for all the support all!!!!!! I know I'll get through this, I started voiceing out loud what I plan to do and it sounds so great!

Congratulations Beachy and Ashley!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Awesome!

Hi Dan-O, Susan, Lisa...
Hope you all have a great day!!!! love you all, Missy
Old 11-10-2008, 09:33 PM   #117  
Let's go LEAN!

Thanks, Missy and DJay!

DJay- I'm glad to hear the stew is almost stew. Lol. I just ordered it. I've got the Carmel and PB new bars coming. I think I'll like them no matter what. The only thing I haven't liked is oatmeal so far. That choc pudding is so good. Glad you're on to it, Beachy! I can drink it, spoon it, its good any way you cut it!

Enough about MF fooooood!! Ha ha
Old 11-11-2008, 12:12 PM   #118  

Hi everyone! Thanks for the warm welcome and the suggestions! I'm excited that there are a few other newbies just getting started as well! We can follow the journey together!

I'm sorry I don't rememeber everyone's names, but I'll get there. I like the tickers, I guess I'll have to figure out how to get me one too! Anyway, I just wanted to check in after my first few days. I have to say I have been VERY pleasantly surprised at the food. It's not nearly so bland and pasty as I had prepared myself! Most everything I have tried has actaully tasted good, so I'm very excited! I feel success!

Missy, I, too, wanted to offer some encouragement. I'm not sure what all your going through, what's important to to stay strong, don't question yourself when times are difficult and keep your eye on the goal! Everything else will work out. The tough times make us stronger!
Old 11-11-2008, 12:37 PM   #119  
Wastin' Away Again!

I have to say... I'm diggin' the Tomato soup! - especially since I got that wonderful hint about putting a couple Tbsp of salsa in it! - that makes it sooooo yummy!!!

And I'm another one who really DOES NOT LIKE the oatmeals... ANY of them. Blech. But I did order some of those Capella (sp?) drops so maybe I can learn to stomach them. (I generally like the Quaker Oats oatmeal... but sorry, MF oatmeal is just .... blechy!!)

Otherwise, I'm doing well on this plan. I drink so much water, I think I might float away! - but drinking even MORE water DOES help when the tummy gets that rumbly noise goin'on! I wonder if I slosh when I walk?
Old 11-11-2008, 02:53 PM   #120  
It's either Now or Now

Height: 5'4"

Hi all. Sounds like everyone's doing a great job.

I'm sick as a dog and can only stomach potatoes and eggs, so I'm off plan today. It's a bummer, but I'm just taking care of myself.

DH and I supposed to go to PA tomorrow (4.5 hour drive) and I just don't think I'll make it, but he's got some business there, so I either go and lay around our hotel or I stay home and take care of the kids by myself while I'm sick. Rock and a hard place. Blah!
Closed Thread