Closed Thread

Old 10-28-2008, 10:13 AM   #286  
Operator265

Quote:
Originally Posted by djay View Post
Hey! Welcome back Operator! You don't have to wait for your order to come in...It will be nice to see you back in chat!
DJ
Oh I have enough left over for a week and I put together my next orders last night at work. But I'm on graves right now so I'll come back a little stronger when I'm somewhat closer to SANE!

Old 10-28-2008, 12:43 PM   #287  

S/C/G: 256/230/130

Height: 5'2"

You know, I tried to just have a weigh-in DAY, but I find myself on the scale every morning! LOL

Hey, everyone! I haven't posted in a while, but have stayed OP. Things are slowing down a bit - I've lost 40 pounds in 4 months. I think I'm going to have to 'tweak' things a bit to pick up the pace a bit. I've been going to a Curves-like place called 'Ladies Workout Express' 3 or 4 times a week. I'm getting tired of the lean and green thing because I'm not eating enough of a variety, I guess. I'm not drinking as much water, either, probably because it's 41 degrees here in the Philly suburbs today, raining with snow mixed in. (It was easier to drink the water when it was hot out.) I think working out longer will help. I also need to step up my water consumption. I'm trying hard not to get frustrated and discouraged -ten pounds a month is pretty good - a nice, safe rate. (DAMN THOSE HORMONES!!)

Have a great day, everyone!! GO PHILLIES!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-28-2008, 12:48 PM   #288  
Blue Blood

S/C/G: 293/274/150

Height: 5'10"

Just had to post this NSV!

I was walking through the Atrium at work. I passed a gentleman and we exchanged a polite greeting. After he passed, I was checking my reflection in a window (oh...come on...you know you do it too) and caught a reflection of the gentleman after he passed me turning around and checking me out from behind!!! Now THAT would never have happened 60 lbs. ago!!!!

My motivation has sky rocketed!
Old 10-28-2008, 01:06 PM   #289  
DanLovesMedifast

S/C/G: 358/265.8/159

Height: 6

DJ, Fingers crossed for your scale results and thanks for your support!

Dan-O
Old 10-28-2008, 03:41 PM   #290  
I Can Do This

S/C/G: 209/186/160

Height: 5'4"

Djay~Woo Hoo that is excellent. That alone is good motivation to keep OP.
You go girl!!!!!
Old 10-28-2008, 03:59 PM   #291  
Let's go LEAN!

S/C/G: 185/ticker/140

Height: 5'3"

Cool

TwoBThin~~ Where are you going on your cruise? I need to put up one of those tickers for my trip in April to Tahiti. It's major motivation and hopefully a reward for reaching goal.
Old 10-28-2008, 05:51 PM   #292  
Blue Blood

Wow! Welcome back nursejoan!
Glad to hear that you have stayed OP! You have done awsome while you have been away!
We have a great group of newbies right now, but...
So cool to see all the old timers back and doing so well!

DJ

Last edited by djay; 10-28-2008 at 05:52 PM.
Old 10-28-2008, 07:42 PM   #293  
Let's go LEAN!

S/C/G: 185/ticker/140

Height: 5'3"

Thumbs up Got it!

I just got my shipment! Only took three days at most! Love the packaging/boxes! Can't wait to dig in next week! Looks goooood!
Old 10-28-2008, 08:58 PM   #294  
Oh yeah? Just watch me!

S/C/G: 219/see ticker/140

Height: 5'6"

Djay! Sweet! (and yes, I do it too) You rock it Foxy lady!
Hey Op, long time no see, I missed you... Nurse Joan, you too.
Ashley, ready, set GO!!!! have fun with your first days.
Susan, of course, I remember now that you have a 16 year old boy, tests and such. My memory is lagging lately.
Itstime, 2 and 4, whew, Im kinda glad those days are (just)past. I do love 2 year olds, though.
Dan-O, WOO-HOO! Your awesome, thanks for always being so encouraging.
So, it Im just trying to figure out everything... so many things to think about. My head is in a fog these days, DH is not making it any eaiser. He just wants to argue at every meeting, shouting, swearing, throwing things, etc. Guys, this is a hard time for me for sure. I am playing hooky from bible study, Im not paying attention to my little "cheats" latley, (mostly nuts, no sugar, no carbs, just nuts and apples), Im not answering phone calls, I just am in a brain funk. I know some of you have gone through this, Im just afraid of the things that Im giving up, security, 401k plan, health insurance, savings account. I havent worked in 8 years, and quited honestly, Ive gotten alittle used to my leisurly lifestyle. Ug. Im trying not to cry in front of my sons, but sometimes I just think of what Ive exposed them to, the fighting, the way that H treats me, the things he has called me, the way we have had to leave the house and spend the night elsewhere when He was in a rage. It breaks my heart. They are awesome kids, though. They are so happy. My youngest has been acting out latly. Man. thanks for letting me vent. Im just, well feeling yucky. Im so glad your all here, you encourage and uplift me. God bless, XOXOXO Missy
Old 10-28-2008, 10:22 PM   #295  
A pound lost is a gain!

S/C/G: 265/194.5/170

Height: 5'7"

Hi all! Sorry I have not posted in a couple of days - been much too busy!

I went to the doctor for the bloodwork yesterday - according to his scales I have lost 12 pounds! He was so happy with me. My blood pressure was really good. In fact it was so good that the nurse did not believe it and had the doctor retake it when he came in the room, as she thought she had messed up! I got the results back this morning on my bloodwork and my glucose readings are darn near perfect. So I am definitely onto something with this "eating" plan!

Missy - sorry you are having to go through the things in your life that you are. Stay strong and know that you have lots of support here on the board.

Dan - how is the week going on the job front?

djay - I love your story about the gentleman checking you out after you walked by! That was hilarious!

I start week #3 tomorrow. This is such a wonderful way of life. One of my friends told me she knows I am going to make it to goal this time - she can hear it in my voice and the things I say. That was great feedback!

Have a great on program week!

Jacque
Old 10-29-2008, 07:46 AM   #296  
I Can Do This

Good morning everybody,
Dan, Any word yet on any of the job prospects? I'm thinking good thoughts that something will come your way real soon.

Ashley, Glad your shipment arrived so fast. Just think how much lighter you will be when you get to Tahiti. Tahiti sounds absolutely delightful. I love the caribbean, white sand & hot weather. The cruise I'm going on in Feb is stopping at Nassau, Bahamas, Grand Turk, & also Carnival's private island Halfmoon Cay. I'm a bit bummed now because we picked this cruise because we have not been to Grand Turk yet & wanted to check it out. However hurricane Ike devestated the island of GT in Sept & most of the island still has no water or electric & Carnival has just started bringing ships to the island again. 90% of the shore excursion companies on the island are out of business because of Ike. A family we know just came back from a cruise that stopped there & said there is metal & roofing material in the water of the beaches, a refridgerator was also on the beach. I feal terrible for the locals who have lost so much but I don't need to go there & see the damage. I donate to the Red Cross & thats about the best any of us can do for them, but please don't take me there. Ok so I vented about that.....

Jakebabe-You must have felt so great leaving your DR's office. Keep up the good work.

Missy, Hello, do what's best for you & the boys to be happy on a day to day basis. All the other details will work themselves out later. As far as th 401K goes...here in NY you would be entitled to half of the amount invested in that 401K at the time of your divorce. Not sure what your laws are there but they could be the same. Ask around & see what you can find out. Pick yourself up & give yourself praise, you had a career before you decided to be a stay at home mom & you can get it back. Even if you decide to work things out, think about going back to school to re-new your license for MT. You can do it girl. Here is a big hug to send you off to a great day

Djay
- I predict you will have "a bit more pep in your step" today

Have a good day all.....
Susan
Old 10-29-2008, 07:52 AM   #297  
Blue Blood

Goodmorning all!

Missy- I know it's not much but here is your daily
I do understand what you are going through. The anger and confusion can overwhelm you if you let it. Take care of you so you can be there in a positive way for those precious boys. When things are that out of my control...I pray...
Our father...etc...thy will be done...etc...Amen.
It gives me confidence that whatever the outcome will be, It will be the right thing. I hope you have a better day today!

Dan- Thanks for the scale encouragment...It's still stuck.

Susan-Would love to hear bout this cruise also! Spill...

jakebabe-Great news from the doc!!! Doesn't that make you feel fantastic? It should! You are doing great! Keep up the good work!

Nothing new to report today...Just another crazy day in paradise
Have a great OP day all.

Last edited by djay; 10-29-2008 at 07:53 AM.
Old 10-29-2008, 08:00 AM   #298  
Blue Blood

Haha Susan...You slipped a post in while I was writing!
The cruise sounds like fun even if Grand Turk has sustained some damage. Those areas recover pretty quickly. It may be a whole different story by the time you get there. Or...Is it to late to exchnage for a different cruise?
Old 10-29-2008, 08:08 AM   #299  
I Can Do This

Djay, The scale is stuck? Remember what we spoke bout a week or two ago?
The need for additional fiber, have you taken anything? I've also had the need for more fiber this last week. Somehow it seems all my good vegetables I'm eating just are not enough. I'm also taking the psyllium husks & it seems to not be moving things along like it used to. I'm wondering if its got to do with the fact that much of the food we are eating is not very solid food. I'm going to try something my sister swears by, dont laugh at the name. The Breath of Life, Jims Colon Pills. There is a store near us called the breath of life they have all kinds of different detox things going on there. In these pills are, Cascara sagrada,senna pods, psyllium seeds, turkey rhuarb & slippery elm. Hmm, wonder what that slippery elm will do for us
I have the bottle here form her & will try it tonight. This breath of life store has a website & you can order through the mail thebreathoflife.net
I see all these commercials for products offering extra fiber. Splenda now has sweetner packets with 1 gram of fiber each. Right about now I would have to eat the whole box of splenda.

You are doing so great with your weight loss Djay. Your such an inspiration to all of us here. You are the first MF member I spoke to on here so I think of you like my own personal councelor. Isn't it nice to know how you help & inspire so many of us?
Old 10-29-2008, 09:21 AM   #300  
I Can Do This

Djay- The cruise is a family reunion cruise we do each winter. Usualy we meet up with family from Texas & Florida, but the bulk of us who go each year are the ones who live here in NY and want to escape the cold for a little bit. There is about 30 of us going this time. Cruising is a good value, you really get your monies worth. I usualy post on a cruise forum and after a year of chatting with fellow cruisers I get to meet them on the ship. I was thinking how nice it would be to meet all of my MF friends, when I board that ship in February. Have you ever gone on a cruise? If you haven't I suggest you try. I didn't want to try it, I was perfectly happy with going to Florida visiting Mickey Mouse but my husband was ready to see something new & different. So we tried it and 7 cruises later, I'm hooked. I noticed on the MF website they have a MediFast themed cruise booked. It's actualy on the same ship I'm going on this time. It will take a lot of dicipline on my part to stay somewhat on plan when I go. I'm thinking I might do like Dan suggested to you for Vegas, 2 L&G's and 4 MF meals. It could be done without much trouble, ecspecialy with the new bars coming out. By the way, on Saturday, November 1st, I will be ordering my bars. Can't wait to try them.
Susan
Closed Thread