Closed Thread

Old 10-29-2008, 07:00 PM   #316  
Blue Blood

S/C/G: 293/274/150

Height: 5'10"

WOW Dan!!! What a week for you! Let's see...lost 7.5 lbs, got your ticker, fit into 46 pants and gainfully employed! Did I miss anything? Did you win the lottery or anything? Maybe you should buy a ticket!

Congrats on all of it...but especially the job! You have kept a great attitude...but I am sure it had to weigh heavy on your mind sometimes in this economy.

Susan- Thank you for such kind words! Ya make me blush! I'm thinking that quitting the fiber did slow me down. Things are not happening every day like they should be. I have to remember to drink my Smooth Moves tea tonight...Hoping that will help. Let me know how that supplement works. I amy have to order some.

Missy- You sound so much better today. Those boys sure do keep you chipper! Hope the costume turns out great!

Catwuv- Great that you were able to get the binging under control. Does the book equate binging to an addiction? Is it an addiction to a certain food...or just eating or to the feeling of being stuffed. I know this is wrong...but even though I don't get hungry on the Medifast...sometimes I miss the feeling of being REALLY full...Like uncomfortable to move, lay on the couch and sleep for hours full.

Itstime-I have done plateaus before and the only thing I can really do is be more stubborn than my body. It has to give up the pounds at some point! It's simple math!...but I do think the fiber is the culprit. I don't know if I would call this a plateau just yet...more of a stall.

Operator-Wish I had bought a belt! I was so happy when I got into a size 16, I went a little crazy. Then I was in a 14 a month later! So I went on another mini shopping spree...now the 12s are within sight...oh my...This is getting expensive! Still....It is nice to treat yourself and see your progress!
Old 10-29-2008, 07:15 PM   #317  
I Can Do This

S/C/G: 209/186/160

Height: 5'4"

Congratulations Dan, I'm so happy for you
Old 10-29-2008, 07:58 PM   #318  
DanLovesMedifast

S/C/G: 358/265.8/159

Height: 6

THANKS Operator265! As you say, So grateful to be employed and becoming Healthier! Thanks again!

Thanks DJ! You are so right, yes, being unemployed Weighed VERY Heavily. Know I am blessed to be able to have no income for a short time, but still hate using the money! Thanks for everything!

Thanks Susan!
Old 10-29-2008, 11:49 PM   #319  
Oh yeah? Just watch me!

S/C/G: 219/see ticker/140

Height: 5'6"

WOO HOO Dan-O!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (if I were in a postition to hire you I would in a heartbeat!) Will you be coming around less? I love your energy... dont you forget about us. Dont, dont, dont, dont! (sorry, die hard 80's junkie here)
Today was so mass fun! The pumkin farm is a blast with littles. Then we did a little shoppiing for a new seat cover for my car, cleaned out the car, and then took the boys to the park. DS#1 learned to ride a bike without training wheels today! YAY SOLOMON!!!!! (he's looking over my shoulder)
Susan, my only two brothers are both drug addicts. Crack and heroin. I have had to seperate from them and my parents, (they are classic enablers, they are helping my brothers die slowly, and they allow them to come into there home anytime, putting my family in harms way) I have so little tolerance for drug use of any kind anymore. Sadly, many people have been removed from my life because of this. My best friend died last october due to drug mixing, the brothers I knew and loved are dead, replaced by lying, manipulating, get their kids taken away by the state addicts. Yet another reason to move to the beautiful warm state of CA. My extended family are all still batteling in court the estate of my gramma who passed away 2 years ago. Jeesh!!!!!
I am fine though. I am strong, I am sweet, I am different. Sometimes I like to think of myself as the white sheep in a family of black sheep! LOL

Lovediet, Hopefully you still come back a once in a while... I am so happy to hear that you went to your DR. and that you all have managed to work all out! Good luck to you!
Itstime, have you thought of just trying a different pic? use your webcam or just take a new one... I usually take 4 or 5, (gotta get that just right one, right?)
Yep, got overzelous with the new clothes here too! LOL I really need to slow down, Although I do spend most of my clothing dollars at Ross or Goodwill, I still manage to rack up quite a bit!
Gotta go and read some bedtime stories! Sweet dreams of fat melting down stream! Hee hee hee.... XOXOXO all, Missy
Old 10-30-2008, 06:35 AM   #320  
DanLovesMedifast

Good Morning Fellow Losers!!!! WE Rock!

Missy, YOU are the BEST! Thank YOU! I would never forget this wonderful group! I may be posting early or LATE but I WILL Post! I need you all!

You are so on the right track about Addiction and how it ruins lives of both those afflicted with it and the loved one's they take as hostages.

I have a lot of experience with this subject. You so right, enablers are LOVING THE ADDICT TO DEATH! Literally, Killing them. OF course they are so sick too! Sad situation all the way around. OF course there is a lot of hope, but you do have to want to be clean or sober and do the work, which ever the case may be!

Have a GREAT On Plan Day Missy!

Good Morning Everyone Else!

Dan-O
Old 10-30-2008, 08:46 AM   #321  
A pound lost is a gain!

S/C/G: 265/194.5/170

Height: 5'7"

Sticking my hear in for a minute to say Hi to everyone before I get to work. My job has been quite taxing this week. I am the supply coordinator for a major hospital and I am in the process of adding some new surgeons and a general supply store so I have way too much to do!

Congrats Dan on the job! That is the best news I have heard all week!

Missy - you crack me up! Your posts always make me smile. (love the white sheep in a black sheep family one!) I totally can relate to your take on the "black sheep" and the enablers - had one in my family too until he finally let the drugs kill him.

Hope everyone has a great OP day - we are all one day closer to our goal!

Jacque
Old 10-30-2008, 10:25 AM   #322  
DanLovesMedifast

Jacque, Thank YOU so much!

I really appreciate that!

Have a Super On Plan Day Too!

WE can do it and we are worth it!
Old 10-30-2008, 12:23 PM   #323  
I Can Do This

Hello to all,
I can't believe it's Thursday already, another week just flew by.
So far so good this week staying OP. I have tickets to see the XMAS Show at Radio City Music Hall on the 23rd of November and will be eating out after the show. My paln is to stay on track till then with no slips at all & when we go to eat try to pick somethig off the menu that's reasonable. I will have to stay out of the bakeries. That will be a tough one.

Better go continue my cleaning. My mother is coming to stay with us for a week & arrives tomorrow. She will be staying in our family room which is littered with my son's game systems & lots of other junk of his.
Talk to you all soon.
Susan
Old 10-30-2008, 03:52 PM   #324  
It's either Now or Now

S/C/G: 185/ticker/140

Congratulations, Dan!!!
Old 10-30-2008, 04:44 PM   #325  
DanLovesMedifast

Hi Susan!

Thanks Itstime!!!!!
Old 10-30-2008, 06:34 PM   #326  
I Can Do This

Hi Missy, Just saw the new picture, you're beautiful!

Hi Djay-The colon pills from the Breath of Life, worked and actualy worked a few times during the day. I guess it was like a gift that kept on giving. LOL
No terrible stomach pains, just the need to go. I think I will try one a day and see what happens, I had taken 3 last night to start.
Old 10-30-2008, 06:35 PM   #327  
Oh yeah? Just watch me!

Dan-O, Hostages, what an exact word! This is such a great term, thank you for this! I have a way to describe my relationship with my family! Thank you.

Jacque, sorry about all the stress! WOW, Lots of big stuff you do! I am super impressed. Glad to see you are OP and loosing it when you could be loosing it... ha ha ha ha, sorry for the bad sense of humor, I do crack myself up!

Susan, have fun with mom! Where is she coming from, why the visit? just for fun? and oh, game systems! lol we have a PS II. I LOVE video games!

Ok, I cooked some chicken 2 days ago and left the packaging in the garbage can... this morning I woke up and the whole house REEEEEEEEEEKS!!! I took the offending package out to the garbage can but the house still smells, YUCK!!!!!!!!! Rotten chicken is soooo grody!
So I put up a new avatar, usually I like myself smiling, but this one makes me feel uplifted, and powerful and (not knowing how describe it better...) MOM. I'll probabley change it back to smiling but for right now, I love this strong pic.... LOL
Parent confrence today, WENT GREAT! Man alive, have I got an awesome 1st grader!
Well, gotta boogie. Love to all, XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOX Missy
Old 10-30-2008, 06:36 PM   #328  
Oh yeah? Just watch me!

Thanks SUsan, you slipped in... I was typing.
Old 10-30-2008, 06:52 PM   #329  
I Can Do This

No special resaon for the visit, my Mom's pretty much coming this way so she can spend some time with her Mom (my grandmother) who is 87. She'll visit with her & do some cleaning & things like that. My parents live about 2 hours further North than me in NY state. They live in Saratoga County, NY, close to the Saratoga Raceway.

Happy to hear your teacher conference went so well, thank God for our kids.
Old 10-30-2008, 06:54 PM   #330  
Blue Blood

S/C/G: 293/274/150

Height: 5'10"

OK...this is completely OT...but I am so excited!!!!
I went to the dentist today to have him fix a tooth that had chipped. ( I know...that's not the exiting part though.) While I am there, I start talking to him about two of my fron teeth that have always been misaligned. but seem to be getting worse as I age. Now I always wanted to get braces...but you know how it is...something always came first...especially with kids. And now...well...I'm a bit old and don't have the patience for all that.

Well...we started talking about Lumineers. I had though about it before but didn't know if they would work on my particular problem. My dentist said he could do it. He took a cast of my teeth and some pictures to send off to make sure it will work and they are supposed to send me back pictures and a cast of how my teeth will look after they are done. There is even a miniscule possability that it could be done before Thanksgiving! I am the only kid (of 5) in my family that wasn't born with perfect teeth so I never smile in pictures...If this happens before Vegas...that is all anyone will see in the family pictures...Me flashing my beautiful pearly white smile!

I am over the top excited!

Last edited by djay; 10-30-2008 at 06:59 PM.
Closed Thread