Old 01-28-2004, 05:52 AM   #31  

Hi! Another typo mistake. When I said he wants your gov't to bring back his father's body etc. it should have read our gov't.
Old 01-28-2004, 07:39 AM   #32  

Good Morning All:
Driving is still not great but I managed to arrive on time for my shift.
Lynn there is alot about that picture I don't like either. What I wonder
through all this B.S. is where is our rights.
I don't know if you listen to CFRB Bill Carol or not but I heard a show not too
long back where they were talking about the Canadian Government refusing
European applications for citizen ship to put ahead others like the people you are talking about. I think that is bloody incredible!!! We could get into a discussion about our young offender's act too....Alot bugs my (buns) about the way things are run here.
When we were having "code orange" here yesterday all I could think was
Oh . We are setting ourselves and others up, no doubt about it.
Thats just my 2 cents.
P.S. I am not racist. Just concerned for the safety of North Americans.
Talk to you later.
Anne.
Old 01-28-2004, 09:47 AM   #33  

Hi,
The Dr. visit went well. We were gone from 11am-8pm. I have surgery on Feb 2nd. The surgery should last 2 hours and recovery 1 hour and then I'll be on my way home, if there are no complications. They said I could also expect to spend the night in the hospital, so who knows. We didn't have time for lunch before, so just had some string cheese and pork rinds in the car, ick. After, we had supper at Perkins, I had a very OP (on plan) meal of broasted chicken, broccoli and green beans with bacon. The chicken was bloody, so they got me another one and the meal was free. It was still a very good meal and I didn't mind at all.
I did eat popcorn when I got home and that was no good, don't know why I did that either. Corn has a big hold over me still.
I got a reply from the Diet Rite people. They said their pop is made with liquid splenda and has 0 carbs, so it should have no impact on blood sugar and shouldn't stall my weight loss. So, I will now enjoy them without guilt.

Anne, I heard about your power outage. That must have been terrifying for you, to be unable to leave and not know what was going on. Good luck today.

Aleka, is Lacee better? Those shots can make dogs sick sometimes. Who won the primary? I haven't seen the news yet.

Lynn, I have dial up too. It is impossibly slow. I feel like throwing my computer out the window sometimes, because it won't do what I want it to.
I hadn't heard (of course, we only hear about the US mostly, you'd think it's the only place on earth) about that Afgan boy. I can understand how you would be upset. I get the same way about things that happen down here. To me, the world is just getting crazier and crazier. It seems like up is down and down is up. I am not saying I'm predjudice either, but it's not a matter of what race or color the people are, it's a matter of right and wrong and some things are just plain wrong.

Well, I better get my BF done. DH is on the treadmill. He says he's going to Chicago (a joke, he means on the treadmill), so after 3 miles, he's back home, By that time, I'll be able to get in my ab workout and my handweights.
Have a good one, Nikki
Old 01-28-2004, 11:37 AM   #34  

Angry

Good morning,

Lacee is back to normal this morning. She drank her milk and was chasing her dogfood around the livingroom floor. Early in the evening, before we went to bed, her head and parts of her body were very hot to the touch. We figured she had a fever. She did cool down a bit later and she's ok now. She had a couple of shots and I'm sure a lot of medicine went into her system. One was for Lyme Disease. Thank you for your good wishes.

lynn, I hadn't heard about the Afgan boy. I can understand your frustration with your government. We have a lot of frustration here too. I get mad at times. I'm not a racist either, I don't care what color you are, but what's right is right.

ANNE, I didn't hear about your blackout. It must've been very frightening for you. I'm glad that everything turned out alright. That same thing happened not too long ago, didn't it?

nikki, glad that your Dr. visit went well. How long will you be recouperating? Hope you don't have to stay in the hosp. overnight. Kerry won the Primary last night, Dean came in second, and I didn't vote for either one of them. I voted for Edwards. There is something about him that I really like. It's funny, we have high speed internet service and sometimes it's so slow I'm ready to toss the computer out the window. The only thing I like about the high speed service is that you don't get bumped off the internet.

Have a wonderful day ladies.
Aleka
Old 01-28-2004, 02:27 PM   #35  

Aleka,
We are for Edwards too. We even have a sign up by the highway, the very first one ever supporting any politician. I like him because he makes sense, is down to earth and seems genuine. The last time I felt like this about a politician it was Jimmy Carter, so I hope that doesn't happen with Edwards. I just hope any Democrat gets into office really. I usually don't care too much about politics, but it seems like everything is messed up to me. Yet, a large percentage of the country seems to back the current administration. I don't agree with a lot of stuff he does. Sometimes, I just feel like saying "What the **** are they thinking?"

Glad to hear Lacee is better today. Those shots do cause some problems.

Oh, I got that low carb bread, Life Styles, today. It only took from Sun to Thursday, not bad for delievery time. The bread tastes like bread. It is smaller than a regular size. I toasted up a piece and it toasts nicely and is not hard or chewy. It has a good flavor. It has 4 net carbs, is made from sprouted grains and does have honey and molasses in it. I can live with that, since the carb count is so low. There is no S&H, but you have to buy a case or more, and there are 6 loaves in a case. It must be frozen or refrigerated. The total for 6 was between 23 and 24 dollars. They make it on Tues and send it out right away. I'm happy with it and will buy more.

Well, later ladies, Nikki
Old 01-28-2004, 02:48 PM   #36  
Sha

Hi everyone. Not sure why I am telling you all this, I guess I just need to talk. I can't talk to the kids about this because everyone is already worried enough. My husband had cancer a few years ago,had surgery, and has been clean. but yesterday we went to the Dr for some tests. Will know more tomarrow or Friday, but the Dr. face was not good. All he would say is I would rather wait to say anything until I am sure..
We have been told for 5 years his blood work was bad, but that they could not find any thing. So again we just do the waiting game. You know before you hear someone you love has cancer you think the wait is just to hard, but beleive me hearing it makes you wish you could go back to the waiting game. So I am not praying it goes fast. Just praying when the waiting is over this time is different than the last.
I am proud to say I have not used the stress as a reason to eat whatever I want, ha ha. Have stayed on the plan.. Thanks for listening. We just moved here and I don't have many friends yet. And the one I do works for my husband and don't feel it is right to really talk to her about all of this. Thanks again.. Sha
Old 01-28-2004, 03:05 PM   #37  

Hi Sha,
I just wanted to say, any time you need a friend or someone to talk to you can always come here. In one way or another, we (on this thread) have all been touched by cancer. It is so hard to face this and still be strong for your family too. God bless you sweetheart and your family.
I think that staying on plan with your eating and exercising (if you do) is part of what helps us get through tough times. Doing normal things and having routines and sticking to them helps a lot.
Please feel welcome to visit us any time. We're a pretty nice bunch and always glad to listen and make new friends.

Nikki
Old 01-28-2004, 04:46 PM   #38  

Sha, I am so glad that you came to our thread to talk to us. I am so sorry about your husband. Anytime you need to talk please don't hesitate. We're here for you. As nikki said, we have all been touched by cancer in one way or another. I will be praying for you and your family that you will get good news on Friday. God bless you. You should be proud of yourself for staying on plan as you're going through this stressful time.

nikki, the last time I felt like this about a presidential candidate was John McCain. Do you go into the HSN boards anymore? If you do, there is a lot of people who are very frustrated with this present administration and would like to elect a new president. There are some heated discussions going on. I've been learning a lot reading those posts. I'm not much into politics myself, but things just don't seem right the way they are.

Take care,
Aleka
Old 01-28-2004, 04:54 PM   #39  
Sha

Nikkic and Aleka, Thanks so much for your kind words. It really is not like me to bother people, just really needed to say something to someone. Your both so sweet, thanks..I can't tell you what your supports means..
Old 01-28-2004, 05:05 PM   #40  

Sha, please don't consider yourself a bother, because you're not. There are times when you just have to reach out to people and talk things out so that you don't feel so alone. So, we hope that you'll be a regular on our thread.

Aleka
Old 01-28-2004, 05:11 PM   #41  
Sha

Thanks Aleka, I will.
Old 01-28-2004, 06:16 PM   #42  

Sha, I know what it's like to feel alone, especially when you have such a large weight on your shoulders. Never feel like your bothering us. The only way you can really make a new friend, is to let them into your heart. You've certainly touched my heart today. I know that the internet is not as personal as being with someone in person, but I have to say after over a year of talking on this thread, I feel like these friends I've made here are just as close as anyone I've ever known. So Sha, don't worry about being a bother, OK?
Old 01-29-2004, 08:50 AM   #43  

Morning ladies,
I'm taking a break from my exercise routine. I did my body flex and ab work with Tony Little, now I'm having a spot of green tea and low carb toast with sugar free PB on top. It's the first time I've had anything like that in awhile. It wasn't half bad either. I'm getting more use to drinking green tea all the time. It is suppose to have wonderful antioxidant properties to it, so I'm trying to drink 2 cups a day.
Our weather is pretty nippy, -6 this morning and tomorrow -10. In a few days, they say it will warm up into the teens and be more tolerable. I'm glad I don't have to work outside, that must be miserable.

How are you today Sha? Hope all goes well for you and your DH today and tomorrow, I'll be saying a prayer for you and your family.

Aleka, I still visit the HSN boards. Some are so militantly Republican, they even keep files on every issue (so they say and I'm sure they do) and can access them to make a better fight for their argument. It can be interesting to read, but some of what they say has to be taken with a grain of salt. I think alot of the stuff they start spouting off is politcal propaganda. I only believe what they can back up with a report and then I question the report, I quit posting there for the most part, it's an odd board. The weekend troll invades the place and makes it uninviting on the weekend. Then some of the regulars are rather hateful too, in my opinion. So far, not with me, but they can get like that with anyone. Not that all or even most are that way. There are some really nice people there too and I've emailed a few.

Anne and Lynn, hope you guys get a break in your weather soon.
Lynn, I know how you feel about your dog. My old dog was 22 years old, he was a mix of everything, but mostly lab. He was having trouble with his back legs and wasn't able to get around too well during the last few years. It's heart breaking when you've had a pet for such a long time. My oldest cat now is 16 or 17. She lives outside and we keep the garage heated with a wood stove for her. She mostly sits by the stove, eats and poops. She is still the same old girl I've always known on the inside, just an old lady on the outside. She also has a heated bed to sleep in. She use to be inside the house, but she was peeing everywhere, so I put her out. It wasn't physical, it was because of the other cats and she was marking her territory. After she was put out, she has never pee'd anywhere in the garage but the litter box. She lives with her grandson and they swat at each other, but live together ok most of the time. She has loved being outside and was a great hunter.

Well, guess I'll talk to you all later, take care, Nikki
Old 01-29-2004, 09:15 AM   #44  

Hello everyone!

Later this morning I'm off to meet a friend for an early lunch and a movie. We're going to see Something's Gotta Give w/Jack Nicholson & Jill Clayborn. Both of us are dying to see this movie.

Sha, you and your DH are in my thoughts and I hope that things are looking a little bit brighter for you and your family today.

nikki, went into HSN boards this morning and there were some very interesting posts. I had low carb toast this morning too. Do you like ricotta cheese? I put ricotta cheese on the toast and it's really good. When I eat that for breakfast it stays with me all morning, more so than cereal, fruit, & skim milk. I can sympathize with you with you cold weather. We've been having it since the beginning of Jan. Thankfully that snow storm missed us.

ANNE, has it stopped snowing where you are yet? Hope you didn't get too much. Have you started counting points yet? If so, how is it going for you?

lynn, hope you're doing well today. How is your dog doing?

Have a wonderful day ladies.
Aleka
Old 01-29-2004, 10:14 AM   #45  
Sha

Good morning everyone. I don't know how to thankyou all for your kind words. You really made me feel not so alone in this. Will let you know what I hear. Every time the phone rings I jumb, I want it ring but don't want to answer. To funny.
Just wanted to say thanks for your prayers..
Hope your all having a great day.