Old 10-26-2003, 10:52 AM   #1  

Default LCFS week of Oct 26th

Hi,
Anne, I can't wait to hear from you, hope your anniversary was great.
Aleka, how are you doing?
I decided to use the torcher track for my abs. It actually has been making a difference. I also decided to do both of the body flex tapes the new one, followed by the old one. This morning I was 206.8. I won't believe it until I'm still that weight tomorrow morning or less. I think it's a mistake.
Aleka, I watched SS and Colleen on Friday night. I usually can't stand them anymore and so don't watch them, but I woke up and there they were. I ordered the cheese cakes, the mints and the cocoa mixes. I decided to get them for the holidays. Last year, I made a bunch of dips and fresh veggies and stuff, but there weren't any sweets and even though it was good, it didn't seem as holiday like. I know they are all expensive and the s&h are way too much, but I splugged anyway. I can have the cheesecake on Thanksgiving and also Christmas and everyone can enjoy them with me. I'll just have to give them to DD to keep so I don't get into them early
I also bought some LeCarb frozen (yogurt?) and the new Atkins frozen chocolate ice cream at the store yesterday. The LeCarb is much better. I got the cinnamon flavor and it is too good. I ate the whole container and it is suppose to have 4 servings. I won't have to worry about over eating the Atkins, it tastes like diet food and comes in 4 individual containers.
It is cold here now. The furnace is running and I get to wear my sweaters. I bid on a coat on ebay as my old coat is way too big. I try to stay away from ebay, I want to bid on everything there. But, the coats at Walmart are so cheaply made and cost just as much if not more than a good coat from ebay. Guess we'll see.
Take care, Nikki
Old 10-26-2003, 05:29 PM   #2  

Angry

Good evening,

We got all our leaves raked yesterday and I also did some work getting my garden winterized. I am soooo sore today, mostly my arms and lower back from raking and bending over. I feel like 105 yrs. old today!

We turned our clocks back last night and it's dark so early now. Do you guys change your time in the spring & fall?

ANNE, I am sorry about your problems at work. That is awful about that woman losing her job after working there all those years. At least you are safe from being laid-off. How was your Anniversay party Sat. night? Hope you had a wonderful time. Please let us know how everything went.

nikki, congratulations on your weight loss You really are doing fantastic!!! You must have your TV on to go to sleep....me too! I woke up Fri. night when Suzanne & Colleen were on. I've been watching it over the weekend, but haven't bought anything yet. I don't think I am going to either. I was thinking of buying her chocolates for the holiday, but the truffles she was selling wasn't what I wanted. Let me know how the cheesecake comes out. I am thinking I may start her WOE again. I am gradually getting back into it, but I still have some funky stuff to get rid of. We have started with breakfasts already and I got stuff to make salads for our lunches during the week. Wish me luck sticking to it.

DH & I had breakfast out Fri. morning. I got cheeseburger scrambled eggs. They were just ok, the hamburg had a weird consistency and taste. So, I made that for breakfast this morning and they were delicious. I crumbled 1 lb. of hamburgh, and fried it. I scrambled 5 eggs (use however many you want), with left over broccoli from last night's dinner, plus bell peppers. I seasoned the eggs. I added about 1/2 of the crumbled hamburgh to the scrambled eggs, then divided it between 2 individual casserole dishes. Then I topped that with shredded cheese, then put them under the broiler for a few minutes until the cheese was melted and kinda brown.

Take care and have a good night.
Aleka
Old 10-27-2003, 06:45 PM   #3  

Hi,
Aleka, we change our time too. I think it is nonsense anymore to keep doing this. I hate that it gets dark so early in the day now. I still have a few flowers that are blooming, so I picked some zinnias and made another bouquet, but it's getting cold out there. We are eating the last of the tomatoes from the box now. They are kind of like the store bought ones as they never really get real red, but still taste like a tomato.
Aleka, I was thinking of you when they presented SS bread machine. Do you use yours? I hate that low carb bread I bought. I still need to try the Atkins mix I bought over a month ago.
I think I still kind of do SS'ing myself. Unconsciously, I food combine. It must have been deeply ingrained. I like her woe the best and I think for the holidays, it would be the most satisfying.
I printed off your cheeseburger casserole and will make it the next time I make a menu out.
Have you ever tried diet coke chicken? It's an old recipe, from the 60's or 70's. I forgot about it until I was talking to DD tonight and she said she was making it. You put a layer of sliced onions in a 13x9 pan, top with chicken breasts. Mix a can of diet coke with 1/2 c. of sugar free ketchup and pour it over the chicken. Bake at 350 for 30 min or until done. This makes a sweet sauce that is really tasty and so simple to fix.
Anne, how are you doing?
I'm sending you both a pm, nothing is wrong.
Guess I better get on the gazelle. It's been a long day and I had to cut my exercise short this morning. Take care, Nikki
Old 10-28-2003, 06:36 AM   #4  

Angry

Hi,

We had on and off rain yesterday. When it rained, it came down in sheets. The whole state, except for 2 counties were under flood warnings. We are fairly high so we don't have much to worry about. Hopefully it's supposed to clear up by this afternoon. It was in the 60's and warm. I heard on the weather that it may be 70 by Fri. This weather is very weird.

nikki, I'm with you about resetting our clocks twice a year. I don't care which way they want to leave it, but I wish the powers that be would put a stop to it. The diet coke chicken sounds delicious. I copied the recipe down and will make it the next time we have chicken. You will like the hamburg, egg, & cheese dish. You can leave the veggies out if you want or use whatever veggies you have on hand. I just happened to have some leftover baby broccolli flourettes in the fridge. Next time when I serve it I'm going to put a dollop of sour cream and some salsa on it. I haven't used her bread machine yet. I guess I'm just too lazy. I wish her bread mixes weren't so expensive. I am very proud of myself....I did not buy one thing this visit. The low-carb bread that I buy isn't bad at all. I don't know if you get these brands at your grocery store, or if they are just distributed in our area. One is Arnold and the other Country Kitchen. I find them in the bread aisle. They probably have a lot of funky stuff in them for SSzing, I don't know, but I don't eat much bread anyway.

ANNE, how are things going with you?

Have a great day.
Aleka
Old 10-28-2003, 07:00 AM   #5  

We've had rain too and it's knocking all the leaves off the trees. Anyway, a lot of them. I think the weather is weird too. I've been trying to mulch my bulbs I planted, because they are sprouting, but they are just sprouting through the mulch.
There is only one place here that sells low carb bread and it sells only that one brand and it tastes horrible. I have a very nice pressure cooker that I bought over a year ago and have never used. I have taken it out of the box and it sets on a shelf looking very pretty. I guess I'm too lazy to use it too. There seems to be so many instructions with it and even though they say it's easy to use, it just seems easier to put something in a pot on the stove.
The small kitchen applicances that I use all the time would have to be my contact grill (Aroma brand), slow cooker and I do use that Showtime Rotisserie a lot during the summer when we camp.

One of my favorite ways to eat eggs has always been to top an over easy egg with a slice of cheese and add salsa and sour cream on top. It's easy and seems kind of special too.

Better go BF.
Hi Anne, talk to you later, Nikki
Old 10-28-2003, 07:22 AM   #6  

Nikki,
Just like your pressure cooker, SS bread machine sits out on my counter looking pretty. The only small appliances I use regularly are Suzanne's grill, we also have GF grill that we use, but I like Suzanne's better, and a vegetable steamer. The GF has a larger cooking surface that DH likes, but I like Suzanne's because you can take the grids out and clean them. So, when DH cooks he uses GF, and when I cook I use SS.

Just saw a ruffled grouse in a tree in my front yard, then it flew to the ground. The dog wanted to go out, then the grouse flew into the woods.

Gotta go get my piece of fruit for breakfast...part 1.

See ya!
Aleka
Old 10-28-2003, 03:04 PM   #7  

Good Afternoon Ladies

Nikkic, Congratulations on that weight loss I am
so proud of you. You will be below 200 pounds in no time!!

Well, the party went well. I am still recovering from my carbo
hangover There was tons of beautiful food and when I
saw all the preparation that had been undertaken to give my
DH and myself this lovely party all I can say is I can't believe
I ate the whole thing .

We got a lovely engraved frame from my parents with a
picture of us on the day we got married with a space underneath
for a new picture of us now.

We received certificates for lovely dinners out from my brother
and his wife.

Our children also presented us with money for an evening out.

My aunt sent a lovely floral arrangement for the centre of the
table with the cake top bride and groom from my parents wedding. I was really really touched.

I have been exhausted these last days because of the stress factor alone leading up to this event .......

Aleka, its freezing here!!! We are being told there is a chance
of snow flurries

Talk to you later!!

Anne.
Old 10-28-2003, 06:24 PM   #8  

Angry ANNE,

I just realized that today is your anniversary. HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!! I am soooo glad you had such a wonderful time at your party.

Have a great evening.
Old 10-28-2003, 06:31 PM   #9  

Happy Anniversary, Anne and Anne's DH
Aleka, your always on top of these things, I can never remember.
Anne, sounds like you had a great and wonderful party, what a nice family you have.
Talk to you guys tomorrow, have a good night, Nikki
Old 10-29-2003, 06:11 AM   #10  

Angry Good morning....

Yesterday we had the most gorgeous day, it got into the low 60's and was sunny. Today we are having another bout of heavy rain which hopefully will clear up by tomorrow.

ANNE, we actually did have snow one day last week. But, it was hardly anything, just a little snow that stuck to the leaves that were on the ground. Is it still cold? We're supposed to get warmer as the week goes by, some places possibly seeing 70 on Fri. or Sat. We probably won't see it, but it'll be close to it. Do you usually have snow by Halloween?

nikki, went to the grocery store yesterday to pick up a few things and I found a one serving bag of Atkins snacking chips. They were awful. I gave a piece to our dog and even she had a hard time eating it, but eventually did. I also stopped at our Super Walmart and bought some Pure De-lite candy bars. I pop into SS website occasionally and somebody had mentioned them. DH & I tried one and it was so delicious. We bought 3 kinds and had the caramel one. It says on the wrapper that they're made from Belgian Chocolate. They have boxes of them you can buy, all one flavor, but they also sell them individually for $.96 and there are lots to choose from. I found them where they sell their diet products..Slim Fast, low carb bars, etc.

DH & I will be by ourselves this Thanksgiving, as my IL's have left earlier than usual for FL. We usually go out, but this year I've decided to cook a small turkey. I found a 3 lb. turkey breast (we don't like the dark meat) and would like to fry it in a deep fryer. Do either of you know how to fry turkey, and how long to cook it per pound? I think it will fit in my Bravetti deep fryer that I bought on HSN.

Have a good day!
Aleka
Old 10-29-2003, 06:59 AM   #11  

Good Morning Ladies:

I feel a little better today. I don't know what made me feel
done in the carbos or the stress

Aleka, it is usually cool here on Halloween and often the first
night I wear a winter coat, but usually no snow. I bought a
new pair this year after taking my tumble off the bus.

My DH and I will visit Davids school on Thursday and take
him for his doctors Appt. on Friday. I think it will be good for me
to get up and get going again. I like being away from work
but I tend to get a little lazy

I would like a deep fryer too. I know Suzanne has a few
recipes in her book for a deep fryer.

Nikkic I did my body flex at 5am. I am hoping to do alittle work
out on the gazelle today too Tony Little is selling running
shoes now. I wonder if they are any good?

Have a great day!!
Anne.
Old 10-29-2003, 07:20 AM   #12  

Hi,
It is suppose to be in the 60's today. Yesterday, it was in the 50's with wind gusting up to 45 mph and that was really cold. I went out and vuccumed some leaves around the house and when I dumped the bag, the darned things blew into my eyes. I can still feel where they scratched, I hate when that happens.
Today, its suppose to be in the 60's and the wind not as strong.
Dh built a fire in the garage for the cats. It was for Patches, she was so miserable yesterday. I really should take her to the vet and have her put to sleep. She sat next to the stove all night and I know she appreciated it.
Aleka, I've tried those Delite bars and they are great. I can't have them in the house, cause I can't eat just one or two, I'd eat 12. Atkins mint bars are excellent too. There was a thread on the bars awhile back, very informative http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...threadid=32244 scroll half way through it for the information.
I need to stick closer to eating less processed food. I sure don't over eat a bowl of cauliflower or salad. Speaking of salad, I found something called Almond Accents. They are sliced almonds with flavoring on them. I got the ranch. It says 1 gram per serving and a serving is around a tbs or 2. It's for topping salads and they taste great. Unfortunately, I liked them so much, I ate the whole bag without the salad So I can't have those in the house either.
I have never fried a turkey, but always wanted to. I gave my deep fryer to my daughter as I never used it. Aleka, have you ever been to www.recipezaar.com ?It is a great place for recipes and they have a very active bb where you could ask that question and get lots of expert advice or do a search for a recipe and get lots of them. I use to go there everyday, but got interested in other places and just go there now for the occasional recipe.
Anne, I don't know about Tony's shoes. They've sold them on HSN down here for at least a year, so I guess he keeps on selling them. Shoes are so important and it's hard to find a good pair. I've heard New Balance are very good, but they are kind of high priced. Considering how long you wear a pair of shoes and how they affect you everyday, I would rather pay more for them and get a good pair. I bought a pair of Saucany and they are still in the mail. I wear a 10W and you can't find that size in the stores around here.
Well, as you can tell, I'm on my second cup of coffee, better get my BF done and do some other exercise to get this day going, take care, Nikki

Last edited by nikkic; 10-29-2003 at 07:35 AM.
Old 10-30-2003, 07:27 AM   #13  

Angry

Hi there!

We had a lot of rain yesterday, but it was fairly mild. It has cleared up and it's supposed to be in the 60's today.

nikki, thank you for the recipe website. I bookmarked it so I can go into it and poke around and see what's there. This morning it dawned on me that Suzanne had a fried turkey recipe in one of her books. I found it, and it says to fry the turkey 3 - 3 1/2 min. per lb. I went into the other 3fc site re: the De-lite bars. From what I read, they will only be an occasional treat. I figured they're a lot cheaper than SS candy. I have learned the hard way to only eat 1 candy bar or 1 piece of chocolate with malitol in it.

ANNE, sometimes we do have snow by or on Halloween. This year it's supposed to be warm. Hope this means we may have a mild winter. Enjoy your time off from work.

Have a good day.
Aleka
Old 10-30-2003, 01:56 PM   #14  

Hi,
Your right Aleka, they are cheaper, and I think just as good or better than the SS candy. Yesterday, went to GNC, which is a 30 min drive both ways, to get a few things that I can't get here. (Atkins products) So I get home, go to Walmart and whoopee! they are now stocking lots of Atkins products. I was so happy. The muffin mixes are $2 cheaper per bag and there is a much bigger variety than I've seen anywhere before. It is expensive, more than regular food, but much cheaper than SS items.
Say, there is a recipe I really wish you guys would try. It's for Lemon Pepper Cauliflower, have I sent it too you yet? If not, it is so good, the closest I have tasted to mashed potatoes.
Anne, I asked on the HSN board about the Tony shoes and was told that they are ok for working out, but not as good as some other brands.
I've been bidding on coats on ebay for myself and DD's. The ones I wanted were going for 60-90 dollars, so I just placed bids of $20 -30 on similar coats, thinking maybe I'd get one or two. So far, I've gotten 5 and still have bids on 5 more. Oh brother, am I in trouble. At least, they are cheap. They sell normally for $100-150 on QVC right now, so they are deals, but I don't know why I bid on so many. Just not thinking, again. I will have at least 2 coats for myself anyway. Well, live and learn, sometimes, the hard way
Take care, Nikki

Last edited by nikkic; 10-30-2003 at 02:04 PM.
Old 10-30-2003, 04:44 PM   #15  

Angry

nikki, no you haven't posted the recipe for lemon pepper cauliflower. It sounds fantastic!!!

I just got back from lunch and shopping with my girlfriend. I got DH a few more Christmas gifts and of course a couple of things for myself How is the bidding going with the coats?

Take care and have a nice evening.
Aleka