Old 10-14-2002, 04:55 AM   #1  

Default Daily, Monday Oct. 14th

Coffee is on! I am going back to bed, but you gals help yourself!

The boys are home today, so maybe a trip to the pumpkin patch in between cleaning the basement.

Happy Thanksgiving to our Canadian friends!

peach
ps, Dottie? the only thing I know how to glaze is a ham!
Old 10-14-2002, 05:37 AM   #2  

Talking Morning all!

Happy turkey day! Worked 3 hours overtime tonight...just got home at 3 am......so I am going to bed too!

Peach what the heck time is it there? It is only 4 am here!

Have a good one!

Elizabeth
Old 10-14-2002, 06:50 AM   #3  
Senior Chicky

Angry Happy Moan Day!

Thanks for the coffee Peach! Anyone for another cup?

Peach, why in the world are you up at 4:00 a.m.? Did you run out of Tylenol PM's? Hope you're sleeping peacefully now! Nice to see you tho!

Liz~What a long day for you! Hope you're counting sheep with Peach now, too!

DH had to take plans down to the city permit office, so, up and at it early this a.m.. If he's not there before 6:30 a.m., he might as well forget submitting them for the day! Can you believe that in the entire city of Houston they only accept 8 sets of plans a day?

Happy Thanksgiving day to our friends!

Spent most of the weekend doing deep fly lady cleaning and climbing Mt Laundry. I was down to two loads and then the great white hunters returned from the deer lease and added three more loads to it! Off to the grocery store this morning, then manicure and pedicure, back to move everything out of the office so they can prep the floor for the new carpet and that should about do it for the day!

Need more coffee-be back shortly!

J
Old 10-14-2002, 07:22 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 242.5/193.4/170

Height: 5'9"

Good store-bought coffee this morning. Guess what broke at my house yesterday? AGAIN! No water, so dd and I took a bath in really expensive bottled water. Is that better for the complexion?

Got to do two tons of work today, the weekend just interrupts my schedule, sometimes I'm tempted to work 7 days just to stay caught up. Anyway, it's just a job, that's my mantra for the day!

Ya'll have a wonderful day, I've got to finish getting ready!
Old 10-14-2002, 07:29 AM   #5  
she who must be obeyed

Default Good Monday Morning!!!!!!!!

peach thanks for the coffee, I need a gallon this morning. liz, I hope you and miss peach are sleeping as I type this.

Happy Thanksgiving to our friends in the north. Enjoy your family today.

Janice, 8 plans for the whole city!!! WOW, is that crazy or what.

I put hubby on a plane yesterday afternoon, he is back to London for more business meetings. He will be home Friday afternoon, I will pick him up at the airport and we will rush to the school to chaperone band for an away football game. I'm hoping his plane is not late on Friday.

Brag alert!! We took the band to a competition Saturday. On the way to the competition the buses got lost. We found a policemen to ask for directions, not only did he give us directions, he lead the buses with lights flashing to the competition. It must have been good luck as we placed FIRST in our division!!! We placed second overall, lost to a MUCH bigger band by .17, less than a point. The kids had a great show Saturday night. We did have a few problems, one of our band members had to be taken by ambulance to the hospital after the performance, she has asthma and it kicked in during the performance. She is fine now. Thank goodness, my dear friend and the head chaperone is a RN.

School is out here today too. I have a few coupons to Lane Bryant that run out today. Think daughter will go with me to see what I can buy cheap, she is a very good critic, if it doesn't look good she has no problem telling me.

Anyone heard of, or been to a grocery store called Aldies (not sure if that is spelled right.) We had one open fairly near to us and I want to try it out. Any insight anyone?

Coffee cup is empty, have a great one all.

Debbie

Last edited by debkay; 10-14-2002 at 09:32 AM.
Old 10-14-2002, 07:41 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 242.5/193.4/170

Height: 5'9"

We have Aldi's! It's great. You pay a quarter for a buggy, then you get to shop for these fabulous prices. There is only 1 cashier, and you have to buy or bring your own bags, then bag your own groceries. When you return your buggy, you get your quarter back. It's pretty cool, actually. The meat is still pretty high, but canned goods and paper goods and dairy are really cheap! Have fun at Lane Bryant, buy me something cute, kay?
Old 10-14-2002, 07:55 AM   #7  
she who must be obeyed

Sherrie, thanks for the info on Aldi's! Glad you told me about the quarter thing, or I would have been very surprised.

I'll look for something for you at Lane Bryant. Gosh they can be so expensive at times!!! My hubbies "cheapness" has worn off on me after 22 years.

Debbie
Old 10-14-2002, 08:30 AM   #8  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Happy Official Canadian Thanksgiving! Most folks do the big family dinner on Sunday so today is sort of a denouement. We had lamb instead of turkey and it was great.

You chickies are up and at it awfully early but I'm still in holiday mode. Actually shopping for clothes appeals to me right now but most stuff is closed here in Canada. That new grocery store sounds intriguing., Deb and Sherrie.

MamaJ, a manicure and a pedicure! I am so envious. As soon as a patch of eczema clears on my foot, I'm off for a pedicure. I'll give myself a manicure before the next wrist operation. Only 8 permits? Huh? Seems dumb to me for a city that size. Who issues them - the Mafia?

Peach and Liz, I hope you are still sleeping. The pumpkin patch visit sounds great! Big orange pumpkins are the essence of fall to me.

We got a killing frost last night so a garden inspection is on the schedule for today. I really want to put my garden to bed properly this year so I don't have such a mess to deal with in the spring. Our new lawn lad (we ditched 4N at last) seems fairly swift and is going to weed whip and then rake areas for me. It will take close supervision because I don't want my peony tree weed whipped!

I really enjoyed my rainy walk with Miss Lucy yesterday. I can't believe I said that and meant it! Today is sunny so we will do it again in better weather and maybe go a bit farther. The nature trail in the Park is looking good so we may do that before the hunting season starts. I stay out of the bush when that time is here!

DH is making another pot of coffee so I'll sip a cup with him and then go walking.

Have a wonderful day.
Old 10-14-2002, 09:24 AM   #9  

Brrr! It's chilly here in Florida this morning. I'm still recovering from Carb overdose this weekend. Today is going to be back on plan. The only possible obstacle to my day is my madatory lunch meeting at work. Sandwiches and picnic style food. I ordered a sandwich and will not eat the bread. I purposely didn't order a pasta salad or cookie.
Old 10-14-2002, 09:49 AM   #10  
It's MY Life

Hello to all you lovely ladies!!! I truly have been MIA and sorry about that (in more ways than one) I am betting that you are sleek and lean by now. Me, hmmmmm.......well let's see school started==need I say more. I just lose my focus once things get so hectic. DS is almost 1/4 the way through his sophmore year in highschool. He is taking Drivers Ed and doing behind the wheel. The instructor is comfortable about taking him on the interstate, but I haven't made it out of town with him yet. He does fine--I don't. Football has been really keeping us busy--he is playing both F/S and Varsity so that means 18 games. We have 5 total left-maybe more if we make the playoffs on varsity. We are as they say "on the bubble" we need one more win to get in and have 2 tough games ahead. If the team DOES make it to the playoffs it will be the first time in the school's history. Last week was Homecoming here. Skit night the cheerleaders asked him and some other Varsity players to be in their skit and wear the cheerleader uniforms I told him it was a good thing he had the legs for it--what a hoot! Then he was in the Sophmore skit and was John Madden as the MC. Had it down right down to the way he talks he had people crying they were laughing so hard. I loved it!DS did not take a date to the dance, nor did any of his friends. They go "stag". I don't know if it's because they aren't driving yet, or if he is just not interested. I think it is a bit of both. My class this year is challenging to say the least. I have 28 kids and about 10 of them have IEP's for learning problems. As chubby as I am there just doesn't seem to be enough of me to get to all that they need. Frustrating. I just got the "Smart Technique" tapes this weekend. They are supposed to help you subliminaly (sp) to change your bad habits. I don't if they will work for that, but listening to the CD before I go to sleep has gained me a couple of extra hours of sleep two nights in a row. I guess that is it for me--sure do miss you guys and think about you LOTS. I know that when I come here I do better both mentally and physically, but you would think that this stupid computer was across the desert from me. Going to try and take some time today (we have Columbus Day off) and catch up on all that you have been up to. We are such a busy bunch here though!! Take care and I truly will try to get back in here soon. Love you guys!!!

Last edited by AdoAnnie; 10-14-2002 at 09:53 AM.
Old 10-14-2002, 10:48 AM   #11  
Mommy x 4

S/C/G: 230/160/150

Morning all! Had a thanksgiving dinner at my sisters house yesterday, but am having another one here today for the rest of the family that worked yesterday, sheesh. Made a ham yesterday, so am making turkey today. Would truly like to just go outside and play with the baby in the leaves, it is so pretty this time of year here. Ruthxxx I pm'd you in regards to your visit on the island, I do indeed live close enough to meet for coffee! Well Ladies I am off the get my supper organized! Happy Turkey Lurkey Day
Old 10-14-2002, 12:16 PM   #12  

Good Afternoon everyone and Happy Gobble Gobble day may Canadian chickies!

Had my bird yesterday with pumpkin pie to boot. Oh yeah, we are sooo not counting the carbs from that meal! Today I'm back OP and fighting the good fight to stay that way.

Lots of laundry to do and clean up and that's about it for me today.

Ruthie, how's the wrist and when's the next surgery?

Annie! Nice to see you hon! Glad tohear your ds is right int here like a dirty shirt with football and school events. Don't worry about being not strictly OP, just ry and fight your way back but I know how it can be with a class full of kids and 10 of them need special help. Had a group of preschoolers like that once--5 of them needed special help out of a room of 16. Very tough so you have my sympathies!

Dyan, that's what kids do--turn you completely upside down and then left wondering after they've left what happened!? Being a parent isn't magic, just lots and lots of practice and I'd say you're a great step mom!

Meowna, enjoy your turkey!

Oh sherrie--gosh when it rains it pours! Hope you get your water ixed soon--I really know how that feels!

Happy shopping Deb!--and we have had that style of shopping here for a long while now--the place I usually shop (No Frills) has the same buggy and bag system.

Janice, enjoy your mani/pedi--really jealous now!

Peach and liz I hope you two are in bed still!

Have a great day everyone!
Old 10-14-2002, 01:19 PM   #13  

HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO OUR NORTHERN SISTERS!

We had a busy weekend of soccer. It was great, Darren move up to play a U-10 game on Don's team, and we won the game 2-0, with our boys each getting a score, how exciting. I felt so proud.

Adoannie ~ so nice to see you posting, I've been missing you and the updates on your ds! I figured school was getting in your way. Don't be a stranger, stop back more often.

Welcome Meowna!

Ruth ~ we had frost last night, I had to scrape it off my windows when I went to the Y at 5:30, it was 34 F!

Miss you Jif!

Have a great op day!
Old 10-14-2002, 01:50 PM   #14  
Hang In There

My Dad had a couple of "spells" with his hear Saturday Night & Sunday, but it's back doing okay now, He's afraid that will delay his going home. Mom says she'd just as soon he stay there if it means going home one day and back the next like last week. But we'll see.

Didn't do too good staying OP yesterday afternoon, raided the candy jar once, and had nacho for supper last night, but boy were they good. I did use the sf margarita mix. do Iget points for that? And I only had one. that should count for several points!!!
Old 10-14-2002, 03:26 PM   #15  

Red face I got a bit of a sleep in

...but that is ok...hubby is working today and I am off now for a couple...so I am busy running around getting things ready for our 13th anniversary...I have ditched the kids.....I am going to "set up" the bedroom with candles, champagne on ice, clean sheets and be all dolled up when he gets home at 430 or 500...then we are off to My Big Fat Greek Wedding...heard it is great!

Then a light bite and a drink or out to a coffee bar to visit.

Hope you are all having a great day.....and happy thanksgiving again!

I am thankful for you all and this place!

Bye for now!

Elizabeth