Old 08-27-2001, 05:48 AM   #1  
Work in Progress

Default Daily Monday August 27

Good morning all

The coffee is hot.

Well I wish I was going to be in that meeting today. I haven't seen the chicken purse in action. Maybe a fly on the wall. The meeting is today isn't it?

Quiet here. I didn't really accoplish anything this weekend. Of which will tick me off throughout the week.

The weather seem to have broken here. That should offer some relief from worry to all the moms w/ sports players. Well a little bit maybe. I see there are alot of newbies and members returning that is nice to see.

Everyone have a great Monday

Pat accross the river
Old 08-27-2001, 06:22 AM   #2  

Default Thanks Pat!

I am off for my second cup!!! I will be back! (perhaps I am feeling a bit like Arnold!!!!)

peach
Old 08-27-2001, 06:53 AM   #3  
she who must be obeyed

Default Thanks for the coffee Pat!

mornin peachie, do you feel your right shoulder sagging, that's me sitting on it, getting ready for our meeting today. Deep breath in..........let it out. Stick to the facts ma'am, try not to let your emotions get the better of you. If you feel yourself getting angry, just remember you can't do what is right for Jiff if the powers that be shut their minds to you. Remember, firm but polite.

I plan to go to lunch with my friend today, the one battling breast cancer. Her daughter is in the marching band also. We have so much in common, we became friends through our kids. Our son's were in ROTC together a few years ago.

I need low-carb help!! I'm getting sick of my plan, don't get me wrong, it's a wonderful plan, but I think I need a change of scenery so to speak. I plan to visit the library to get a couple of other plans to read. I think I will get Protein Power and maybe the Zone by Barry Sears, anyone else have any ideas of other plans???

Have a wonderful day all
Debbie
Old 08-27-2001, 07:04 AM   #4  

Pat, I did not get to much done this weekend either! I have about resigned myself to the fact that nothing much will get done until the boys are back in school in 9 days (not that I am counting!)

Debkay, enjoy every minute with your friend! i know you will! Speaking of your friend, seems to me that you are sitting on a couple of peoples shoulders right now! Loved when you talked about ROTC the other day where they throw 12 pound rifles at one another OUCH!

Pooky, Glad you had a good time at the baby shower! It always amazes me the new stuff they come out with in such a short time...you shall have it all!!!

Calm, sane and rational...that is me today...besides, I got Ruth's lead shot in my purse...no problem!

Want to hear something sweet? My friend Gail came over this weekend (everyone should have a friend like Gail!) and do you know what she brought? She sent one of her kids to dig in her mulch pile and brought the little guy a whole pile of WORMS!!! He thought it was Christmas!

Have a good one chickies!
peach
Old 08-27-2001, 07:06 AM   #5  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Peachie, as you march into that meeting, remember you are being followed by a Legion of Chicken Goddesses! We will be thinking of you all today.

I have a kitchen full of tomatoes, hot peppers and onions - my generous neighbour struck again last night! He hasn't noticed that we have the same stuff! Anyhow, looks like this will be a salsa morning - not the Ricky Martin kind, the throw into the fajitas kind. I also must go clear up a few things at the Office - still!

Yes, Nora is a real person and has seen the chicken purse. She also knows about the metal bra. Thanks for giving her a good welcome. And big welcomes to Scooby2, McMom, Amaocean and other folks I've missed.

But before today starts, I am going for a walk! Yes, even dogless, I can walk!

Have a great day, Chickies.
Old 08-27-2001, 08:33 AM   #6  

Good Morning everyone!

Peach, my prayers are with you today and a handful of bricks if you need them! Hope the meeting goes well and that there is only one survivor--YOU!

Going to be a "down time" kind of day, I have been so busy with the planning, preparing and execution of the baby shower that I have to take a little "me" time today to de-stress. I have many other projects on the go that need my attention in the coming days so I have to relax a little first.

Have a great Monday everyone
Old 08-27-2001, 10:09 AM   #7  
bes

Default Hi, chicks ...

Was out of town for the weekend, and now I am way, way behind in everything – at the office and at home. Talked to my little girl in Italy this morning and I told her I was painting her room – she was thrilled! She knows she’s getting a “jungle wall” so now I really have to finish it before she gets back!

I’m really missing those kids, but they’ll be home Thursday night. Couldn’t talk to my son, because he had taken a road trip with his cousins to a northern town, and will be back at his grandparents tomorrow.

Wish I could post to everyone, but I really have to run. More tomorrow …

Best to all
Barb
Old 08-27-2001, 11:19 AM   #8  

I have fallen off the low carb wagon a few months ago, and while I kept telling myself I was in control....I haven't been and I need to be.

I am glad to still see some familiar faces here. You all are awesome...

I am back, detoxing myself for the next 10 days. I need something.

Of course, all of this was brought on by personal problems in my life. But I cannot and will not let those stresses help me fail and give up. I've come too far, felt too good..to go back.

So, please everyone...hold out your hand and help this carb filled fool climb back onto the low carb wagon. I would greatly appreciate it..thanks!!
Old 08-27-2001, 12:35 PM   #9  

Thumbs down just a friendly hello

Hi everyone.......

I'm essentially new, although I have posted a few times in past 4 weeks or so. I have been following my diabetic diet and while I'm not really losing any weight (yet)......I'm trying to stay tough. BUT, I confess.......I have just eaten about 8 cookies!!! What is wrong with me?!?! I know I shouldn't do this, and each time I go to get another cookie I tell myself not to....until the darn thing is in my mouth and I'm munching away. Is this sick or what?? I have now resorted to putting a piece of sugar free gum in my mouth which has at least stopped me from snacking! Gosh, I hate when I do stuff like this. I just want to be normal to where even if I want a cookie, I should be able to stop at l or 2 like normal people do!! Good grief............guess I'll have to walk longer tonight on the treadmill to try and work a few of those stinkin cookies off!!

Welcome to all you new folks. I may not post very often....but I do enjoy reading everyone's daily entries and thrive off of your support.

Peachpit.......thanks for always acknowledging me. I wish I was into baseball, but I'm not. I don't dislike it mind you, I just don't follow it. Best wishes with Jiff......I don't really understand why she's in the hospital (could you please explain?), but you're very right to go & fight for her!

Well, hope everyone has a blessed day.......must go tackle some more laundry and make attempt to stay productive!!! And I know, stay away from the cookies!!!! Thanks all.........Robin
Old 08-27-2001, 12:43 PM   #10  
Big Loser

Talking Happy Monday !!!

Hi everyone, it is a muggy day in TN. A little lower temperature but still humid! I got rid of a houseful of guests this morning.. parents and both of my adult brothers have been here for a week....it was a nice visit bu my house is a mess and back to work tommorrow!!

I started lo-carbing today. I am trying the Somers plan, kind of different but basically lo-carb. It doesn't fit anywhere else so here I am!!!

I need to get off the sugar and I think this is the way.....I hope everyone has a great Monday.....
Old 08-27-2001, 02:06 PM   #11  

Default Cookie monster

Robin... have you tried the Carbohydrate Addict's diet (by the Hellers). I'm the same as you... I swear, those cookies TALK to me! They give me their little "come hither looks" and the next thing you know, I've fallen for the little varmints.

I've found the Carbaddicts diet to work for me. I've been on program now for 15 days... and I mean ON PROGRAM. It's really pretty amazing. I realize that someday, I may slip, but if so... I know that this is the way for me to go.

Regardless of the weight lost (which is around 7 lbs), I feel in control of my food, my mouth, my hands.

As Martha would say, "it's a good thing".

Karen
OP - 15 days
Old 08-27-2001, 03:30 PM   #12  

Default Morning!

Well, its not really morning anymore...but happy Monday anyway everyone!

I made it down to Curves this morning!!!! I got out of my car and I even went inside!! Yeah! Yes, I let them weigh me and measure and the horrible body fat % thing! Boy that can ruin a good day can't it??
I met some really nice women there. Some of which are also new to Houston. I had planned on going M\W\F and Sat. morn, when kids are at school or DH is home, but there is actually a little area for kids. One of the ladies I met said she will brind her 4yr. old if I bring mine! So, I'm going to try for a couple extra days as often as I can!!
Peach, what is the meeting you have today and what happened at it?? I feel I've missed something major. Does it have to do with the Dr??? I've sort of caught on to that.... Hope it was ok!
Weekend was bad! Went out to eat Fri and Sat. and had chocolate at the movie!!! Ugggh....but back at it to day!!!
Take care all!
Stacey

Last edited by McMom; 08-27-2001 at 03:34 PM.
Old 08-27-2001, 04:55 PM   #13  
Slimwithin

Happy Moanday afternoon.
Nice to see so many familiar AND new faces. Wish we could lure some of those folks from the very enthusiastic low carb thread that started here a few weeks ago. My, they are gung ho, aren't they. It does my heart good to see it.
Glad to see you back, Jennifer. It's awful the way our personal problems do a number on our will power isn't it? Why is it some folks lose their appetite when their lives are in turmoil and the rest of us (NORMAL people ) turn to food for comfort? But, you're here now and there's TONS of support waiting for you. Just look how everyone has rallied around Peach and her fight with the powers that be at Jiff's hospital. BTW, my take on the situation is that Jiff is in hospital to lose a bit of weight before undergoing one of those tummy by-pass operations. Her health is in grave danger from her weight. Unfortunately, the medical staff at her hospital haven't been too sympathetic and have accused Peach and her mother of sneaking food into poor Jiff because instead of losing weight, Jiff has gained. Now anyone with a weight problem knows that a change in diet from low carb to any other program can cause you to retain fluid but they don't seem to have taken that into consideration, hence the meeting. If I got any of this wrong, Peach, please set me straight. Hoping you get through to them at the meeting.
Not much new here. I had a good 40 minutes of active water exercise this morning and now I'm busy with paperwork for DH's construction company and, if it cools off this afternoon, I hope to be back in the trenches continuing my never-ending task of weeding, weeding and more weeding, not to mention cutting back flowers that have finished.
Ruth, those peppers would go great in a ratatouille. I just made myself a large batch of the stuff which I vary by adding different seasons and meats to small portions of it. One day it's a chili sauce, another day a spaghetti sauce. It's even great just served cold or room temp as a mid-day snack and very low in carbs. Love salsa too. I mix it with mayo and seasonings to make a yummy veggie dip.
Well, I see a little sign here which says "check message length" so I guess I've blabbed too much as usual.
Old 08-27-2001, 08:10 PM   #14  
Trying to find my way.

S/C/G: 244/220/145

Height: 5'2''

Linda i think that that sign is always there. I too wish some of my low carb supporters there would meander over here. I keep trying. I hope it does not cause a slpit in this board. i doo see pat and casey here but it would sure be nice to have the chatt here (they have some very interesting stories too) and the kick butt there, I think that some may lurk here but may be afrait to jump in as most everybody know everybody else here. and well I do not understand it. it worries me. I do love the kick butt. by the way what is a ratatouille?? it sounds good.

MCMOm you did it great!!! you can join me in the exercise forum. it sounds like you are at a great start!!
Old 08-27-2001, 08:15 PM   #15  

Talking

Hi,
Peach, sure hope your day went okay! Let us know, okay?
I've missed you guys and my life has been on a twisting, turning roller-coaster lately and I'm sure you'll hear all about it sometime soon!

So, I have a story to tell you all. I went to get a haircut today. It was a late birthday present from a wonderful friend. My friend hasn't liked my hair lately, so she decided I should try her stylist and I agreed because she's right, it's been looking kind of, well, crappy! Anyway, there I am, sitting in the chair with my wet head at the new salon getting all dolled up, when who should walk in and sit down next to me but my usual stylist! How embarrassing is that? I mean, I've been seeing this woman (for haircuts, you goofballs!) for about five years or so and the one and only time I strayed, she appears! I figured all I could do is say hi and mumble something about a birthday present and hope to melt into the floor. My friend was laughing so hard (but silently) around the corner that I thought she would have a coronary. Even the woman doing my hair was trying not to laugh. The stood-up stylist just said "looks good" and went off to get her hair shampooed, which I thought was pretty good form. So, I figure maybe God is trying to teach me something or I'm supposed to be learning something here, because, after all, what are the odds?

Your beautiful haired, red-faced
Chickadee