Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Closed Thread

Old 10-15-2014, 10:15 AM   #91  
Girl Gone Strong

S/C/G: (H)247/(C)159/(Goal)142-138

Height: 5'3"

Down to 157. Want to be at 155 again by Friday.

I do not feel quite as stressed this week, though that could change at any time unexpectedly. My weigh-in may reflect that eventually.
Old 10-15-2014, 10:56 PM   #92  
Senior Curmudgeon

S/C/G: 162/134/125

Height: 5'2"

DH has been trying to lose a few pounds, just like me, and we've both been stalled. We just created a contest to see who could lose 4 pounds first. The scale has to show goal weight or lower for 3 consecutive days before a winner is called. The winner gets 30 min./night for a week of whatever "service" they want from the loser

Stupidly, I started the contest the night before I go on hospital duty for a week. The long hours and stress are not very conducive to staying on plan, but at the moment, I'm determined.
Old 10-16-2014, 06:20 AM   #93  

S/C/G: 180/ticker/129 or so =)

Height: 5'6.5"

Good luck in your contest Andrea. I hope you both win by losing no matter who gets there first!

Glad the scale hs eased off, Saef. I think a lot of folks wold have an easier time losing/maintaining if the scale weren't so ornery.

I've kicked up my walking a bit and I'm seeing numbers at the lower end of my range, but there's no way the extra exercise has caused measurable weight loss. But, I'm weighing in at 137.4, so I can pretend it does.
Old 10-16-2014, 09:40 AM   #94  

Quote:
Originally Posted by bargoo View Post
Maintainers Staying on Target

Time to start a new thread, 500 goes by so quickly.
yes you are right
Old 10-16-2014, 10:05 AM   #95  

S/C/G: 178/134/125

Height: 5'6"

Andrea-- sounds like a good motivator-- good luck!

I'm on day 4 of 5 of my book fair and can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel. After it ends tomorrow, dh and I are going out of town for the weekend. My weight is slightly over my redline. Expect it to be much higher after going out of town but you never know. I'll kick it back into high gear Monday when I'm not bone tired and totally complacent.
Old 10-16-2014, 10:50 AM   #96  
Recovering Pantry Pest

S/C/G: 174.5/162/149

Height: 5'7"

Andrea - agree, that sounds like a win for everybody involved! In my house, I'd need a 3# head start on a 4# contest - DH can knock off 20# in 6 weeks at 55 years old if properly inspired. I watched him do it this past spring. (green-eyed monster)
Old 10-17-2014, 05:10 AM   #97  
Girl Gone Strong

S/C/G: (H)247/(C)159/(Goal)142-138

Height: 5'3"

Nope, 158 on Friday morning.
Old 10-17-2014, 05:17 AM   #98  

S/C/G: 152/???/132/33

Height: 5'4"

I'm not getting on a scale until I'm back a week from the dog sit so that's Nov. 2. I have only been weighing once a month or so and I'm always about 139 lbs. That's higher than I want but I don't have to constantly be vigilant. The monitoring was wearing me out.

Dagmar
Old 10-17-2014, 10:05 AM   #99  

My book fair ends today and then dh and I are going to Monterey for the weekend. I'm above my redline. I'm going to enjoy my weekend and deal with it next week. Hopefully without guilt and self-loathing.
Old 10-19-2014, 08:49 AM   #100  

S/C/G: 180/ticker/129 or so =)

Height: 5'6.5"

TM, enjoy your weekend! We have to live life!

Dagmar, sound like you have a good relationship with the scale. I'm still weighing daily and the fluctuations mean too much to me.

ICU, DH & I are like that. There's no kind of weight loss race I could win with him without a huge handicap.

Saef, it's so hard to see he trend when there's so much daily fluctuation. It's hard to get speedy feedback on changes, so it's hard to know if what we are doing now is sending us in the right direction.

After several days in 137.x territory, I'm up to 138.4 today. I do hope to trend down a bit before the holidays, but no problem.

Last edited by yoyoma; 10-19-2014 at 08:50 AM.
Old 10-19-2014, 11:55 AM   #101  

S/C/G: 163/142/130

have not been on the site for months, I reached my goal and now in the maintenance mode which is like still being on a diet :0). my goal was 130 now at 126 and hoping to lose a few more pounds since Im not where I want to be. my First goal was 20lbs, then another 10lbs and the last another 5lbs. if I do not lose more so be it I have achieved the goals I had set for myself.

Focussing on exercises such as zumba, ballet sculpt, eccentrics, pilates, etc it is not really a matter if seeing a smaller number in the scale but changing my body composition.

I know I will not get the body of a 20 years old but aiming for the best of a 57 old one.

i took the decision that as soon as I see a fluctuation in the scale going up to act right away, by making sure that I have not increased my calorie intake or reduced my calories burned throught exercises.
Old 10-19-2014, 07:22 PM   #102  
Workin' It

I'm back from my vacation to Cancun and will be back to work tomorrow. It was a fantastic trip and I already want to go back. We are considering another trip early in the year - met some new friends there who might be going back at the same time, so may try to meet them there. A regular trip to Mexico might not be a bad idea for my exercise and diet plan - I'll always have something to look forward to.

I had gotten back down to my low of last November just before we left for the trip, but am pretty sure I didn't come back still there. I'll get back on track starting tomorrow - vacation officially ends tonight.
Old 10-19-2014, 10:20 PM   #103  

Glad you had a great trip! We were in Monterey for the weekend and I ate off plan. Back to the grindstone for me too. I'm sick or have terrible allergies so I have to deal with that too.

Excellent job Michou on maintaining!
Old 10-20-2014, 09:30 AM   #104  
slow and steady

S/C/G: 185/see signature/135

Height: 5'4"

Hey folks, I am happy to report that week 1 back on track was a success. Ended last week at 159.8 despite it being TOM, and only had one indulgence this weekend. Hopefully the trend will continue!
Old 10-20-2014, 11:01 AM   #105  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Welcome back Shannon!

DH and I were in a golf tournament on Saturday. I wasn't sure if that really counted as exercise as we rode in carts, but in the end I increased my steps by over 2000 over a regular exercise day, so I guess it did. Besides that, I was terribly sore because we haven't golfed in months. They served BBQ for lunch but I filled my plate over half-full with tossed salad so I did good.

Last night was our monthly Wine Women. I didn't over-indulge. My weight is up a tad but that might also be from lack of sleep. I woke at 1:51 and never really got back to sleep but still got up for my 4 AM exercise date with the treadmill. I have a feeling I'll be dragging this afternoon.
Closed Thread