Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Closed Thread

Old 09-17-2014, 02:09 PM   #16  
Workin' It

Hope the cold goes fast, Becky! I'm trying to quarantine myself this next three weeks so I don't pick anything up before my Cancun trip.
Old 09-17-2014, 02:48 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 169/135/140

Height: 5ft 5.5 in

I have been maintaining for a few months and have my first test this weekend for am going to Niagara on the Lake for the weekend and that includes wine tasting and other goodies.I have dug into my closet and found outfits that fit now and feel good that I am able to use my thinner clothes.I will prolly count my calories andtry to stay in limit.Since this is a special time I will try to fit it in my daily count and see how it goes,because that is what life is all about.All my small outfits fit but I dont want to come back heavier.Boy oh boy this will be a good test for mainetainenace,
Old 09-17-2014, 05:34 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 178/134/125

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by apo9 View Post
I have been maintaining for a few months and have my first test this weekend for am going to Niagara on the Lake for the weekend and that includes wine tasting and other goodies.I have dug into my closet and found outfits that fit now and feel good that I am able to use my thinner clothes.I will prolly count my calories andtry to stay in limit.Since this is a special time I will try to fit it in my daily count and see how it goes,because that is what life is all about.All my small outfits fit but I dont want to come back heavier.Boy oh boy this will be a good test for mainetainenace,
Good luck. Definitely do the best you can, but enjoy yourself. It's just a weekend and any "damage" you do, can be undone.
Old 09-17-2014, 06:44 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 169/135/140

Height: 5ft 5.5 in

Thanks michelle for your encouragement.This is really a test for me and I intend to budget the calories in a sensible way.I will let you all know how it all turns out.Today I got on the scale(I weigh every day)and it was the lowest ever at 133 lb ,so I have a bit of leeway,I feel that for me to maintain,I have to weigh every day and also budget my calories.So far it has worked for me.
Old 09-17-2014, 06:51 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Quote:
Originally Posted by apo9 View Post
Thanks michelle for your encouragement.This is really a test for me and I intend to budget the calories in a sensible way.I will let you all know how it all turns out.Today I got on the scale(I weigh every day)and it was the lowest ever at 133 lb ,so I have a bit of leeway,I feel that for me to maintain,I have to weigh every day and also budget my calories.So far it has worked for me.
Sounds like this is a good plan for you.Keep up the good work.
Old 09-19-2014, 10:04 AM   #21  
Girl Gone Strong

S/C/G: (H)247/(C)159/(Goal)142-138

Height: 5'3"

Down 2 lbs. this week. I seem to have remembered how to do this. But you know what happened? I had to drive into the office for five days this week, rather than only two days. Which meant I was well out of range of my kitchen nearly all week.
Old 09-19-2014, 10:34 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 178/134/125

Height: 5'6"

Is that two weeks in a row, Saef! Great job! Looks like you may have found an important clue to success for yourself.

Many of you know I "can't" buy grapes because I can't control myself. I decided to test myself this week and buy some to have for dessert after dinner. So far, so good. I've had them for two nights and I still have some left. Making progress! And they seem to be helping my regularity too....

Last edited by traveling michele; 09-19-2014 at 10:36 AM.
Old 09-19-2014, 12:50 PM   #23  
Recovering Pantry Pest

S/C/G: 174.5/162/149

Height: 5'7"

Still on the Nyquil, and therefore, still unable to see any definition in the backs of my hands. Ugh. Why does medicine feel a need to make their products "pretty" with fake colors? I seek it out because it works when I need it to, and darned well. I don't care what it looks like!

Rant over. I haven't been much in the mood to eat, which is a nice change of pace.
Old 09-19-2014, 01:20 PM   #24  
Workin' It

Becky - some of this children's versions of the medicines are clear, could you take those at a higher dose? I don't think they have a kid's Nyquil, though... I struggle with medications and sucralose. They add a pretty color and then give it a fun flavor, too.
Old 09-19-2014, 02:23 PM   #25  
Recovering Pantry Pest

Thanks, Shannon! Not a bad idea, even if I end up having to chug 1/2 of three different bottles, plus pour a shot of whiskey.
Old 09-19-2014, 02:29 PM   #26  
Workin' It

LOL Becky, yes, might result in drinking lots of children's liquid. The whiskey is just a bonus.
Old 09-19-2014, 03:41 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

My cold remedy is basically JUST whiskey! LOL--take an earthenware mug, fill with water and place in the microwave and heat it up. Pour the water out and put in a jigger or two of whiskey. Cup your hands around the mouth of the mug and breathe in the whiskey fumes. Then take whatever cold pill remedy that you have and swallow it with the warm whiskey. You can also add honey to the whiskey if you feel so inclined. If anything, you'll sleep better!
Old 09-19-2014, 08:30 PM   #28  
Recovering Pantry Pest

I've managed to stop a few colds dead in their tracks with the whiskey, Allison! We warm up a little whiskey, lemon juice and honey in a saucepan. Works like a charm for those colds that try to start with a scratchy throat. This one, unfortunately, just blindsided me in the span of hours with total head congestion. I think I'll rout any remainders with chlorine on Sunday ...
Old 09-19-2014, 10:59 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Becky, you're lucky it's just a cold. My friend's husband was just diagnosed with West Nile meningitis. Very scary.
Old 09-21-2014, 11:59 AM   #30  
Workin' It

My dad used to give me warmed whiskey with lemon juice and honey when I was a kid for colds, and boy did I have a lot of them when I was young. My mom said that she used to be worried taking me places the day afterwards, afraid someone would report it to child services. LOL
Closed Thread